Forum Settings
Forums
Mar 5, 7:10 AM
News Team
Overkilled Red

The April 2019 issue of Young Magazine the 3rd announced on Wednesday that a TV anime adaptation of Sun Takeda's Gleipnir manga is in production.

Synopsis
Shuichi Kagaya is an ordinary high school kid in a boring little town. But when a beautiful classmate is caught in a warehouse fire, he discovers a mysterious power: he can transform into a furry dog with an oversized revolver and a zipper down his back. He saves the girl's life, sharing his secret with her. But she's searching for the sister who killed her family, and she doesn't care how degrading it gets: she will use Shuichi to accomplish her mission... (Source: Kodansha Comics)

Staff
Director: Kazuhiro Yoneda (Akatsuki no Yona)
Series Composition: Shinichi Inotsume (Gangsta.)
Character Design: Takahiro Kishida (Btooom!)
Studio: Pine Jam

The supernatural action manga began its serialization in Young Magazine the 3rd in October 2015. Kodansha published the fifth volume in June 2018, with the sixth volume planned for a March 19 release. Kodansha Comics licensed the manga in English last July and will also ship the first volume on March 19.

Official site: http://gleipnir-anime.com/

Source: Comic Natalie

Gleipnir on MAL
Modified by Vindstot, Mar 25, 8:26 PM

Mar 5, 7:19 AM

Oh, the synopsis is very intriguing! I’m assuming the female slowly comes to realise the human emotions of love and company or so, always up for such kind of stories.

Key visual, on the other hand, is a bit .. uhm unique, I suppose but I’ll keep an eye on this for now.

Moreover, I’ve seen a couple shows from Studio Pine Jam so far and both were very entertaining so hopefully this will join those ranks too!

Cool to see Akatsuki no Yona’s Director here by the way! I’d rather see him working for a 2nd Season of Akatsuki no Yona instead but sadly it’s not up to him so no use getting into that.

Mar 5, 7:53 AM

Wow, this looks pretty weird. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it's worth checking out.

Mar 5, 7:53 AM
I hoping this anime will be good

Mar 5, 8:05 AM

"The male MC wanted a quiet life, but the female lead is not having any of that. She blackmails the MC use his power for her benefit"

i can't stand those bitches
skip

Mar 5, 8:06 AM

Bit weird but who knows it might be actually nice.

« Rem »
A female Oni. One of the maids working for Roswaal L Mathers.
The twin sister of Ram.

Mar 5, 8:07 AM

this looks stupid, but interesting tbh, if the animations are good i will give this definitly a try.

Mar 5, 8:34 AM

Heard about this manga once. I'm slightly surprised something like this could get an adaptation.
xShinigami3125 said:
There is no objectivity when it comes to taste.
code said:
big brain MALers: 1
god: 0
I'm sure god feels stupid.

Mar 5, 8:40 AM
I really don't know what to say about this, on one hand it sounds kinda interesting, on the other i'll wait for more information since this is a seinen and the chance of it being gorey is high, i'd rather wait then relize it's not for me like i did with Golden Kamuy and Saredo Tsumibito wa Ryuu to Odoru.

Mar 5, 10:12 AM

I was wondering what Pine Jam was doing. They might be able to really shine with this one.
:3

Mar 5, 10:19 AM

Now this is an unique synopsis! Attack on Titan - furry animals version. I'm already intrigued, can't wait for its release!

Mar 5, 11:00 AM
Master Expander

Gleipnir Datto?

Well let's hope production goes smoothly with Pine Jam considering what happened with Just Because.

Mar 5, 2:08 PM

Looks like a cool revenge story. But I'm intrigued about the word 'degrading', my ecchi senses are tingling.
"Even if there's a wide world and stories
beyond the main focus, I don't think
it's necessary to end with the protagonist having
been involved in everything." - Yagi Norihiro

Mar 5, 2:50 PM
fanservice<3

That is one sexy silhouette

And that's all I need to see

Mar 5, 5:42 PM

Seems so cool sure I will see it!
Idk how to do signature ffs and i need do space xD ....

Mar 5, 5:44 PM

The manga isn’t in a place where i think it can have a satisfying ending. So i think it’ll be an anime exclusive ending

Mar 5, 6:06 PM

mfw when I read the synopsis

pass pass pass

Mar 5, 6:39 PM

I was just looking at this the other day.

Mar 5, 7:19 PM

my god, the manga is just.. wtf is author doing? this series is complete train wreck, gory, and heavy fanservice.. this is way more insane than killing bites and the character is soo apathetic...shame i like his previos works, but this is just not my thing.. unless this got same amount of censorship as terra formers, idon't know how it can even aired on tv.. netflix is probably best options tho.
Modified by Kuma, Mar 5, 7:23 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."

Mar 5, 10:20 PM
~ PR Cheerio ~

To be honest the synopsis might be interesting but I also am getting somewhat of a weird vibe from it. But the staff looks competent enough.

Mar 6, 1:13 AM
不愉快です

Sounds weird but interesting. I'll try it.

Mar 6, 1:21 AM

Hmm I have to say the female MC manipulating the male MC certainly has my interest... will add this.

Mar 6, 3:58 AM
sounds like ecchi gory trash to me, we will see iguess

Mar 6, 4:53 AM

Read this manga a year or two ago,It was very average but interesting

Hope the anime version surpasses the manga

Mar 6, 6:13 AM
Kuma said:
my god, the manga is just.. wtf is author doing? this series is complete train wreck, gory, and heavy fanservice.. this is way more insane than killing bites and the character is soo apathetic...shame i like his previos works, but this is just not my thing.. unless this got same amount of censorship as terra formers, idon't know how it can even aired on tv.. netflix is probably best options tho.

Thank's for the information, now i know to definitely skip this.

Mar 6, 6:34 AM
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

There's quite a lot of nudity in this, so hopefully they keep it.

Mar 6, 7:17 AM
fanservice<3

DumpsterKing said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:

There's quite a lot of nudity in this, so hopefully they keep it.

don't really care about nudity, but its ofc always appreciated, and im glad to see the ecchi tag

Mar 8, 7:03 PM

Well, we'll see the adaptation.