Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 5, 2019 1:45 PM

Jan 2014
Abyhape said:
I can't wait to know who's this shady guy and start looking for spoiler in black clover wiki. (...) they introduced (...) in a wrong way.

He was in no way introduced incorrectly. You are simply not supposed to know the full extent of what happened yet. The scene gets expanded upon later.
Mar 5, 2019 8:47 PM

Jan 2011
Not that I've played it, but when they described the match format I immediately thought of that Black Clover game.
Mar 5, 2019 9:30 PM

Sep 2017
So the guy with the spiky teeth finally shows up. He's managed to fool just about everyone apparently, though I suspect the wizard king knows who he really is.

I'm kinda confused by something. This is a test to pick out the best magic knights for this raid on the midnight sun guys right? So why does it seem like such a small amount of magic knights are participating? Shouldn't everyone compete so we can actually get the best. Idk I'm really tired right now and maybe am forgetting something about the specifics of this tournament thing.
Mar 6, 2019 2:04 AM

Jan 2017
This episode was great... the royal knight process is underway, and I really wanna know what's up with the red head dude
Mar 6, 2019 2:09 AM

Oct 2008
New character looks like a Notorious Villaneous Badass person!
So this is the three man team that Asta belong along with Mimosa & Xerx Lugner!
Let's see how the tournament arc goes!
4/5.

Mar 6, 2019 2:57 AM
Jan 2019
Fujoshi Mimosa is hilarious
Mar 6, 2019 6:05 AM
Jun 2017
Ohh yes its the battle royale exam... snd just being with new team will really test how they can be with other groups... and new character Xerx sure is a strong one. Well lets see how asta amd mimosa will be dealing with him and their first group enemy...
Mar 6, 2019 9:36 AM

Feb 2017
It looks like the wizard king recognizes the masked guy, so I'm guessing that he isn't a threat then. But he looks so villainous, it's hard to imagine that he's on the good guy's side.
Mar 6, 2019 4:53 PM

Dec 2018
I never thought I would say this but Asta is competent as the protagonist

Mar 7, 2019 12:10 AM
Dec 2015
FreezePeach said:
Viz said:
- "Xerx" doesn't bother messing with the old woman, a commoner

It looks like he was helping her. He said so to Wizard King, she was sitting behind him in the middle of the street from the beginning of the scene and his opponents said that he was obstructing public duties.

The old woman was in trouble of some kind before he intervened. Maybe it was something trivial and he just used it as pretext.

It seemed to me that the beginning of the first encounter of this episode was incomplete so I looked it up on the wikifandom.

"Outwardly Xerx appears virtuous and saintly and will not stand for his squad to be insulted. In truth, he is cold and abusive and a corrupt Magic Knight, as shown when he refuses to release the granddaughter of an old lady and instead offers to end the woman's suffering by killing her.

Xerx is stationed along the Clover Kingdom's border. When he and his subordinate return for the Royal Knights Selection Exam, they are approached by a woman looking for her granddaughter, but Xerx refuses and offers to kill the woman instead. Afterwards they are impeded by Zora Ideale, who witnessed the exchange. The rogue insults the vice-captain, so Xerx attacks Zora with Ice Magic. Zora defeats Xerx and removes his squad robe.

Later at the exam, Xerx is teamed up with Mimosa Vermillion and Asta, but Zora arrives and takes the spot, claiming to be Xerx."

So yeah the first part was cut out for some reason or at least it was on VRV.
Mar 7, 2019 3:21 AM
Jan 2019
wow slow down on the spoilers
Mar 8, 2019 9:21 PM
Mar 2015
Never thought Mimosa would be into BL
Mar 9, 2019 10:19 PM
Aug 2017
Is Mimosas character always been like this??? Goddamn. That new guy tho, edgy looking tokyo ghoul looking ass but hey idk how he is so thats pretty hype. But I hope they bring up the animation for this Tournament atleast a level higher.
Mar 10, 2019 12:09 AM

Dec 2014
well the new character is interesting....
Mar 12, 2019 7:01 AM

Aug 2013
The new character seems interesting.

That Finral new look.

Mar 17, 2019 10:40 AM

Mar 2016
The new character with the sharp teeth from the OP and ED has finally appeared. Seems like he's just some powerful dude who wanted to have fun. This guy literally just took Xerx's robe (Purple Orca's vice captain) and announces himself as the vice-captain, Xerx himself. What a madlad!

Finral's new hairstyle looking wilder than before.

The Royal Knights recruitment is in the form of MOBA-style tournament or domination-style tournament, I'm keen on seeing all these new powers these characters have!

Lol, little sweet Charmy got a VVIP seat which is on Julius' lap! That's amusing.
Apr 2, 2019 11:14 AM
Jan 2019
Yas Johny Young Bosch voicing the new guy ❤
Instantly my fav charachter now xD
( Eng dub btw ^^' )
Apr 10, 2019 3:20 PM
Jun 2017
X3MReaper said:
Yas Johny Young Bosch voicing the new guy ❤
Instantly my fav charachter now xD
( Eng dub btw ^^' )

I love his voicee, but i watch subbed =/
Jun 8, 2019 10:59 PM

Mar 2014
So the new guy from the ED is finally here, and:

• He probably has a sad backstory based on the ED
  • He's voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch
  • He stole that guy's identity to get into the tournament
  • He made a grand entrance in perfect Lelouch style

I love him omg

Also Finral's new hairstyle is weird. A blowout and frosted tips I can't help but laugh at it at first impression
Jun 9, 2019 12:38 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Being able to defeat a vice captain that easily though was quite impressive. It was pretty cute seeing Mimosa's frustration at being left out of the loop during the hot springs talk. The trials sure ended up bringing out some rather unique characters though. Not to mention create some interesting team comps. The upcoming matches sure look to be quite interesting though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2019 4:15 AM
Oct 2018
So they make a tournament to decide who are the strongest to be in the royal knight thing but it’s not the strongest who are participating in the tournament... Why not I guess
Jul 21, 2019 4:43 PM

Oct 2017
I like the group pairings for this tournament, especially since they are setting up so many matches that really matter. I’m digging Finral’s new hairstyle and the new guy can’t be all that bad because it looked like he was defending that old lady.
Aug 8, 2019 1:55 PM

Sep 2012
so noelle can kick her relatives ass, thats out to be fun to see
Nov 18, 2019 8:10 AM
Oct 2019
Finral's new haircut looks really cool
I wonder if they'll figure out he's not Xerx Lugner
Mar 27, 2020 7:17 AM

May 2018
Finral looks like an absolute pussy slayer now
May 16, 2020 1:15 PM

Mar 2019
Zora is awesome.Onto the next episode
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 23, 2021 5:06 PM

Dec 2013
OMG it's Johnny Yong Bosch. "Xerx" is already an interesting character. I like how the wizard king decided to play along. I'm assuming that he knows Xerx's true identity whoever he is.

Finral's haircut really does feel a little tacky...

I'm hyped to see this tournament arc!
Jun 13, 2021 8:13 AM

Jun 2020
They're gathering for the exams this is going to be hype, Mimosa getting all embarrassed when she's close with Asta, Finral has a new hairstyle as well with Vanessa's "razor" more like a tazer didn't know she can cut hair

This build-up episode really gets me going I'm sure of it there's more on the battlefield already when they fight off, So that mysterious guy took Xerx identity kind of a boast personality he has

First up is Asta and his team along with Mimosa and that weird dude.

(P.C. Mimosa can't handle the hot springs she's imagining those scenes where they wash each other lol)

Jul 4, 2021 6:21 PM

Jan 2021
Finally a tournament arc this about to be entertaining
Jul 15, 2021 1:29 AM

Dec 2012
Xerx.
Xerx got rekt'd.
MIMOSA!!!!!
Yes! You better praise Mimosa!
Mimosa sees her future husbando Asta.
Finral got a new hairstyle.
Solid.
Team competition.
Asta's with Mimosa! YES!
He's Xerx now.
lol at Charmy sitting on Julius lap.
Dat ending.

Another Shonen. Another tournament. I want to see Mimosa in a onsen. So happy Asta and Mimosa are teamed up together. Thank you Tabata for giving us a taste of the future ship. Midorikawa is voicing the mysterious character. Let's go!!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 30, 2021 5:43 AM

Mar 2015
Lol so we finally meet the big jaw guy in the ED.. looks like a jackass!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 7, 2021 3:35 AM

May 2015
TOURNAMENT ARC! TOURNAMENT ARCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 11, 2021 8:25 AM

Jul 2015
The redhead guy from the ending finally makes his appearance, curious to see who he actually is. Finral's hairstyle despite making him look douchy actually fits his personality well.

Mar 1, 2022 6:17 AM
Jul 2018
Soo many new characters and old characters were re/introduced. In excited for the next episode, and this new guy looks suspicious. Is he a member of mid night sun?
Mar 18, 2022 3:31 AM

Jun 2020
Wow fake Xerx Lugner shark-teeth guy is so hot. Asta whining to Julius that he doesn’t want to be on the same team as him was so funny lollll. I can’t believe Yuno thinks of Noelle as the girl who always nags at Asta LOL?!!!!??! And wow, Luck & Klaus, Klaus is going to be driven insane

So the OP visuals are about the tournament. I’m really looking forward to Finral & Langris fight too. I hope Finral’s development will be as good as Vanessa’s

And lol!!!!! Charmy sitting on Julius lap in the preview that’s so cute.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 2, 2022 6:23 AM

Jul 2016
FrozenRaider said:
TOURNAMENT ARC! TOURNAMENT ARCCCCCCCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for some fighting for the sajke of fighting.
Nov 24, 2022 9:59 AM

Mar 2010
The teams seem so awkward.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 22, 2023 1:28 PM

Jul 2022
Yee yee ass haircut
Dec 29, 2023 2:09 PM
Aug 2022
obito's excuse of old lady :((( nice
Jan 9, 2:44 AM
Jun 2022
Nice Episode , Teams Are Interesting.
Feb 2, 4:24 PM

Dec 2020
alright im somewhat hyped for a tournament arc
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 140 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2020

50 by Vindicater »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 139 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 18, 2020

45 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 138 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tenshibeat - Aug 11, 2020

57 by Vindicater »»
Yesterday, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 170 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2021

344 by SoraKogami »»
Apr 21, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Black Clover Episode 137 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Aug 4, 2020

59 by Vindicater »»
Apr 21, 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.