Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 3, 2019 1:45 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
whiters99 said:
_MushiRock11_ said:
Pretty entertaining episode, this!

A lot of the puzzles connect now, no wonder why Alice remembered about that festival earlier on during the early moments with Kirito and we even got to know more about the supposedly creepy and headless senators. But before that, looks like Alice is fine after all. Little pain and all but nothing too serious, got to say her determination is serious though. Uncle Bercouli managed to open his eyes despite being frozen and saved Kirito and Alice the trouble of finding leads and such to determine Eugeo’s destination. Kirito found Eugeo’s sword too, forgetful much Mr. Senator?

Moving on, the senator’s floor sure was creepy. Jeez, those headless beings were bloody creepy. Looks like the Pontifex has, of course, more crimes under her belt but this sure was something I didn’t expect. Seeing them have their lunch(?) was a pain to watch really. And then we finally got a bit of the Senator. We even find a bit more of poor Alice’s bitter past and finally we were introduced to the forced synthesis thingy-majey. Great to have more insight on all this!

I don’t know if this is just me, but it was clear to me from the monitor that the Administrator had just begun her mind-fudge on Eugeo then when Alice got hold of the Senator. It would make sense with what Kirito was pondering about later on too. Did I hit the jackpot here?

It’s honestly a pity that the Senator isn’t dead just yet but I’m looking forward to seeing that happen, whenever it’s due to occur. Eugeo then appears to stop Kirito and Alice, and he looks crippled as ever. That little demonstration of his power by pulling off that high-class move was pretty cool. I doubt this’ll be enough to oust out his master, Kirito-kun, though. Another thing that caught my attention was Alice’s confusion over the time period over Eugeo’s change. I wonder if this means Eugeo isn’t fully synthesised yet or is it that he’s beyond help now. Looking forward to seeing what the next episode has in store for us!

Something that bothered me a lot this episode early on though was how did Kirito actually manage to drag Alice all the way to the 90th+(I believe it was) floor. I get he was panting for to catch his breath but that doesn’t really explain anything. Was he pulling off this flips with her tied on his back floor after floor? Also, when Kirito was searching for Eugeo’s sword at the start of the episode, what was that WL(etc and then the numbers)? Is it something like a production code or something? How did Kirito know about this anyway?

The anime omitted the explanation actually if one did not recite the command to "allow" the synthesis like Alice did, they need about 3 days to force the synthesis (Alice and Kirito did not know that Eugeo recite the command that's why they're surprised Eugeo is already synthesized) Chudelkin should mentioned that in this episode but guessed the anime skip that.

By the way, just another matter that didn’t quite sit right with me.
How was Kirito able to carry both the sacred swords, his and Eugeo’s, at the same time so effortlessly?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 3, 2019 1:54 AM
Jan 2018
_MushiRock11_ said:
whiters99 said:

The anime omitted the explanation actually if one did not recite the command to "allow" the synthesis like Alice did, they need about 3 days to force the synthesis (Alice and Kirito did not know that Eugeo recite the command that's why they're surprised Eugeo is already synthesized) Chudelkin should mentioned that in this episode but guessed the anime skip that.

How was Kirito able to carry both the sacred swords, his and Eugeo’s, at the same time so effortlessly?

I always thought he would need a bigger object authority to do that .unless it only involves him using it .
Mar 3, 2019 2:17 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Mattinator95 said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

I always thought he would need a bigger object authority to do that .unless it only involves him using it .

Same here.
I’m pretty sure just carrying it alone should’ve been quite troublesome for him though.

Mar 3, 2019 2:17 AM

Aug 2016
_MushiRock11_ said:
whiters99 said:

Um no it's actually quite a burden to him that's why he said it's practically impossible to use two swords at the same time, it's too heavy and he can't use the Sword Skill like that.
whiters99Mar 3, 2019 2:22 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2019 2:20 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
whiters99 said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

Um no it's actually quite a burden to him that's why he said it's practically impossible to use two divine object swords at the same time, it's too heavy and he can't use the sword skill like that.

Yeah, I was under the same impression too. But he clearly didn’t have too much trouble carrying the two at once.

Is this some dual wielding foreshadow by the way? Something about his modesty tells me he’ll be dual wielding very soon.

Mar 3, 2019 2:25 AM

Aug 2016
_MushiRock11_ said:
whiters99 said:

Um no it's actually quite a burden to him that's why he said it's practically impossible to use two divine object swords at the same time, it's too heavy and he can't use the sword skill like that.

Yeah, I was under the same impression too. But he clearly didn’t have too much trouble carrying the two at once.

Is this some dual wielding foreshadow by the way? Something about his modesty tells me he’ll be dual wielding very soon.

Yup anime did not portray his difficulties and about that
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2019 2:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
whiters99 said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

Yup anime did not portray his difficulties and about that

Right, thanks!
Right, thanks!

Mar 3, 2019 2:42 AM
Jul 2018
whiters99 said:
Pedram said:

Nah,

That's the one thing I don't understand because
Mar 3, 2019 2:49 AM
Jul 2018
timpark314 said:
People need to search up Eugeo's backstory. The anime skipped over it. It should help explain how he was so easily manipulated. And damn I really wanted a dual-wielding Kirito.

Unfortunately the anime did such a horrible job that people seriously believe he did it for "pussy" and want him to die but they were already complaining about him before that's why I won't waste my time explaining things to them anymore. Besides that let's see how they will still desperately call him useless
Mar 3, 2019 3:00 AM

Jan 2015
More like a build-up episode. I'm looking forward to their fight.
Mar 3, 2019 3:16 AM

Dec 2013
I really wanted to punch that guy in the face. Poor little Alice ;_;

I’m looking forward to Kirito fighting Eugeo next episode.
Mar 3, 2019 4:23 AM
Oct 2012
Made-In-Heaven said:
whiters99 said:

I always thought that
Mar 3, 2019 4:27 AM
Dec 2017
this episode shows me what ive guessed (i dont read the manga tho), but i still hope for the next entertain episodes , and i miss Asuna's appearance.
Mar 3, 2019 5:18 AM

Dec 2014
well..it was undeniable the fight...to forthcome hmmm
Mar 3, 2019 7:20 AM

Feb 2018
Woahh Kirito almost make dual sword skill xD. Eugeo vs Kirito begin.
Mar 3, 2019 8:00 AM

Jun 2017
Thanjh said:
How do people enjoy this season more than the others. Every episode is 90% talking and then when there’s action it lasts about 30 seconds. So boring.

Some people focus more on the story. The action scenes are just complimentary. In my case, the plot is superior to previous seasons. So I like this season more. Even though the action scenes are short lasting, I am more invested in them than in previous seasons.
Mar 3, 2019 8:50 AM

Feb 2019
Guys he is watching hentai with a lacrima and its a church :PPP!!Hahahaha
Mar 3, 2019 9:13 AM

Jul 2016
please give us some decent fight <3 and kirito dual wield pls
Mar 3, 2019 9:39 AM

Feb 2017
as always, kirito the chicks magnet
i hope kirito beat that horny brat

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Mar 3, 2019 10:59 AM

Aug 2016
Made-In-Heaven said:
whiters99 said:

whiters99Mar 3, 2019 11:05 AM
Mar 3, 2019 11:03 AM

Apr 2013
Pedram said:
MrBluebear said:
Ready to have a Sao's fight of this season...Kirito vs Eugeo...

But as anime-watcher only, really curious what happen now in outside world since the appearance of the war ship at episode 17 back then...
About 5 episodes to go for finishing cour 2, will we getting to know what happen in outside world condition prior this remaining eps for this cour?

Keep in mind that everything that happens in anime have a correct time-ratio between UnderWorld and Real World.

with a Speed of 1000x Faster in UnderWorld, every day that happen in UW = few min in Real World.
Which is Why we only got a few sec in EP11, Asuna go to eat breakfast.
EP11 to 17, only 1 day passed, Asuna is still eating breakfast.

and about your question. very minor spoiler

Ok, thanks....Glad to know that we will have

Mar 3, 2019 1:38 PM

Feb 2014
I'm impressed with Kirito, being able to carry himself and Alice to the 95th floor from outside after Alice broke her right eye seal. For the time being, Alice is now wearing an eye-patch that makes her look cute. =3

Chudelkin is one hideous senator and he really gets his pleasure that seeing pain and despair from other people, as was the case with Alice when she became an Integrity Knight. I really hoped that Chudelkin would die in this episode, but the bastard got away. Hopefully he'll meet his end soon...

As for Eugeo, he has now become an Integrity Knight himself and took his sword back from Kirito. As expected, the both of them will duke it out in a 1v1 battle. I'm expecting the animation and visual quality to be higher than normal for this battle. =)

Great episode overall.
Mar 3, 2019 2:11 PM

Mar 2014
Kirito told Alice he'd protect her right side and then continues the entire episode walking on her left side lol.

Looking forward to next week.
Mar 3, 2019 2:13 PM
Mar 2017
whiters99 said:
salbery755 said:
Damned opening fulfilled its prophecy, Quinella gains a new Integrity Knight using the weak-minded Eugeo.
It is a pity that Eugeo was transformed into an Integrity Knight, now the apprentice and the master must face with all their strength, I hope nothing bad happens, the fights between friends always end in something very sad or shocking.
Alice with that eye patch looks very good, gives her that rebellious Knight touch and now she knows her teacher Bercuoli is alive and now is Chudelkin and Quinella's turn to pay for the suffering and misery provoked.
Fortunately, Bercuoli is still alive, although his condition is not the best, for a moment I thought he would break his body.
Damn Chudelkin, piece of scum, I can not believe he laughed at Alice's suffering and the worst thing is that he did it in the same face of the poor girl, I felt so angry when the cowardly clown fled, I hope Alice cut his filthy tongue and in the process she cut his neck so that he dies slowly. What hurt me was that Chudelkin's bastard forced Alice to become an Integrity Knight.
The scene of the dignitaries was shocking, the poor unfortunate enslaved to keep the entire population in order and see that the Taboos index is respected, what a miserable life, Quinella is ruthless.
Damn this episode was so good, I admit it had a very peaceful rhythm, but the events they showed were good and they left us a cliffhanger that promises an epic fight between Kirito and Eugeo and I hope in my heart that Alice manages to assassinate the cowardly clown, because I swear to you that since Chudelkin appeared, I hate him.

Thanks for the good new, i want to see that moment
Mar 3, 2019 4:05 PM
Oct 2012
MrBluebear said:
Pedram said:

Keep in mind that everything that happens in anime have a correct time-ratio between UnderWorld and Real World.

with a Speed of 1000x Faster in UnderWorld, every day that happen in UW = few min in Real World.
Which is Why we only got a few sec in EP11, Asuna go to eat breakfast.
EP11 to 17, only 1 day passed, Asuna is still eating breakfast.

and about your question. very minor spoiler

Ok, thanks....Glad to know that we will have

2nd Half of Alicization, probably will start after a 3 months break, if not it will be a 6 months break. it won't be more than 6 months.
Mar 4, 2019 2:22 AM

Feb 2019
Eugeo was done in quick by that Administrator. She must have some tight powers if you catch my drift.. XD
In all seriousness though, it was a good episode. The scene with senators gave me chills and the clown freak was hella disturbing as well. Gotta say though, that force scene with Eugeo took me out of the story. I had to pause, laugh for a minute, then resume only to get more Star Wars meme references...XD
Mar 4, 2019 6:25 AM
Jun 2017
Hopefully, this fight will be better than Eugeo's last fight.
Mar 4, 2019 7:36 AM

Jul 2016
EUGEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TT.TT
Ugh can't wait for the next episode again -__- I want to know what will happen next but I'm not really fond of reading light novels oof.

Excited for the fight shzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Mar 4, 2019 8:25 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Things are bound to heat up even more in the next few episodes...
Really enjoying all the treatment Alicization is getting, Alice is a great addiction to the cast, and now Eugeo needs to return, so they can make a trio and figh Administrator, WHICH is going to be really long, LONG awesome fighting, with a climax I m excited and dreading to see animated...

papsoshea said:
Now Kirito and Alice have to vs a Eugeo who recently lost his virginity lol smh

LOOL, you saying that, with that forum avatar of yours, makes it really funny.
Mar 4, 2019 8:58 AM
Jan 2018
Playcool said:
Really enjoying all the treatment Alicization is getting, Alice is a great addiction to the cast, and now Eugeo needs to return, so they can make a trio and figh Administrator, WHICH is going to be really long, LONG awesome fighting, with a climax I m excited and dreading to see animated...

papsoshea said:
Now Kirito and Alice have to vs a Eugeo who recently lost his virginity lol smh

<WHICH is going to be really long, LONG awesome fighting,

Wouldn't hold my breath about that
Mar 4, 2019 9:29 AM
Jul 2018
I wasn't expecting this but Eugeo sure is weak to have been synthesized but now, he became strong as an Integrity Knight. If Kirito goes all-out, he won't be able to use his special skill when fighting the Administrator next. If he doesn't go all-out, he will lose to Eugeo. What a dilemma!
Mar 4, 2019 11:49 AM
Jan 2016
Finally they climb that damn tower to 95th!

The senator's room was really creepy, and the clown is trully annoying!

So as i suspected, Alice dont have purple cube implanted in her, and she had her memories before they forced her Synthesis!

So Eugeo had appeared in the end, he is totally diferent from before, and seems next episode will be Kirito vs Eugeo! I am anxious to see if Alice will help and if they wil be able to convert Eugeo again!
Mar 4, 2019 11:17 PM

Nov 2009
It's kinda hilarious how senator forgot to bring Eugeo's sword as well. Alice and Kirito should just 2v1 Eugeo for a quick resolution.
Any explanation is worthless to a blind hater, any criticism is worthless to a blind fanboy.
Mar 5, 2019 5:07 AM

Jun 2017
Paul said:
I swear the author created that ugly jester creature for the sake of doujinshi or something.

Oh God pls no.

Anyway. Now we see The Integrity Knight Eugeo in all his glory. Then just before the big battle, we get such a cliffhanger. Nice. I am looking forward to the big event the past episodes were building up to.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Mar 5, 2019 2:14 PM

May 2016
Boring episode, Kirito saying too much crap, well I guess I enjoyed the chief senator's laugh and Alice stabbing him.
Mar 5, 2019 9:26 PM
Oct 2012
Limaolc said:

So as i suspected, Alice dont have purple cube implanted in her, and she had her memories before they forced her Synthesis!

So Eugeo had appeared in the end, he is totally diferent from before, and seems next episode will be Kirito vs Eugeo! I am anxious to see if Alice will help and if they wil be able to convert Eugeo again!

Alice didn't had any memory from before they Synthesis her,
it was the Clown's memory as he was talking about it and telling her to buy time for Admin to Synthesis Eugeo.
Mar 5, 2019 9:33 PM
Jan 2016
Pedram said:
Limaolc said:

it was the Clown's memory as he was talking about it and telling her to buy time for Admin to Synthesis Eugeo.

I know that was clown's memories, what i mean is that Alice wasn't intantly raised as an integrity knight like others and got a diferent treatment, cause before forced Syntesis she was studying motivated believing to return home, i think she dont have the purple thing implanted in forehead, cause she had a diferent treatment like Eogeo had.
Mar 5, 2019 9:35 PM
Oct 2012
Raizel said:
Boring episode, Kirito saying too much crap, well I guess I enjoyed the chief senator's laugh and Alice stabbing him.

Me and LN readers : OMG OMG Kirito is actually having 1/100 of his inner monologue from novel shown in the anime ?!?! OMG is this a dream ? is this heaven ?

some others : "Kirito saying too much crap"

I don't wanna argue tho, it's your opinion, but I found it funny.

Kirito's inner monologue and character ( and others too ) is one of the big and enjoyable parts of the series, but in anime they are all so cut, when LN Readers find any single inner monologue from him, they all rejoice !
Mar 5, 2019 9:40 PM
Oct 2012
Limaolc said:
Pedram said:

I know that was clown's memories, what i mean is that Alice wasn't intantly raised as an integrity knight like others and got a diferent treatment, cause before forced Syntesis she was studying motivated believing to return home, i think she dont have the purple thing implanted in forehead, cause she had a diferent treatment like Eogeo had.

well w'o spoiling anything, I just say that the usual/normal way of Synthesis is actually not what Eugeo had lol

it was already kinda shown in this EP, The clown just ask the people they want to Synthesis to "recite Remove Core Protection" and they will do it.

Because most of them coming there, still believe Church to be the good guys and someone they can not reject !
Keep in mind they don't understand English and just count it as Sacred Tongue, it's not like they will be suspicious of "Remove Core Protection" coz they don't even know what it mean.
A lot of knights are just champions of the tournament, coming to church to become knights,

I'm guessing Chudelkin just tell them "Recite Remove Core Protection to become a knight" and they will do it.

the other random ppl that might came here coz of some mistake or crime, can be told to :

"Recite Remove Core Protection to be forgiven of your sins" and they will do it lol

but Alice refused to "Recite Remove Core Protection" so they did it another way.
Mar 6, 2019 9:42 PM

Oct 2008
hahaha of course they would eventually fight Kirito vs Eugeo!
but damn! the way they execute this episode up to the last scene before the ED rolls was perfect! that clash of swords to end the episode was glorious
5/5!

Mar 7, 2019 1:14 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Mattinator95 said:
Playcool said:

Quinella vs them, I was under the impression it last for at least half of volume 14, so at least 2 episodes...
Mar 7, 2019 9:58 PM
Jan 2018
Playcool said:
Mattinator95 said:

Quinella vs them, I was under the impression it last for at least half of volume 14, so at least 2 episodes...

Probably is but this A1 they most likely find a way to shorten it
Mar 8, 2019 1:41 AM

Aug 2016
Mattinator95 said:
Playcool said:

Nope it will last at least 3 episodes (3 and a half in my opinion with the current pacing) seeing that 2nd cour will end at episode 24. If they shorten the fight it will be impossible to finish at 24 which they already announced.
whiters99Mar 8, 2019 1:44 AM
Mar 9, 2019 2:26 PM

Sep 2018
Ohh no who would have thought that he would turn into a knight and fight against Kritio because it wasnt that obvious...
Mar 11, 2019 3:24 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
whiters99 said:
Mattinator95 said:

Nope it will last at least 3 episodes (3 and a half in my opinion with the current pacing) seeing that 2nd cour will end at episode 24. If they shorten the fight it will be impossible to finish at 24 which they already announced.

I was also under the same impression, considering how much many episodes we had left to adapt the conclusion.
Mar 17, 2019 6:11 AM

Jul 2009
Eugeo got a nice armor! I hate that jester guy...
Mar 30, 2019 4:21 AM

Jan 2012
Question: Did Eugeo had sex with Quinella or was it a naked cuddle?

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Apr 2, 2019 9:52 PM

Aug 2017
Ahah Eugeo fights for Pontifex since she's the only one who gives it up for him and Alice never will. Eugeo is a tool, time for him to go down

Pontifex is a babe though, anyone would go for her
Koolman511 said:
Question: Did Eugeo had sex with Quinella or was it a naked cuddle?

Hmm she told him to take off the protection and release inside or something like that. Lucky boy Eugeo!
Apr 5, 2019 12:15 PM

May 2010
Alice with eyepatch looks badass <3 Hate this damn jester though, hope he dies soon or sth, can't stand this type of villains...
May 6, 2019 12:40 PM

Jan 2013
Lmfao at the Taboo Index people getting fed being forced to work like that.
So many references to other movies and shows :D

Alice looks amzing in her suit and eyepatch.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.