Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 1, 2019 8:43 PM
Oct 2016
I don't get why such a low score. In the beginning, it is somewhat (very for me lol) confusing, but now with each episode, I find myself liking this anime even more.

I don't think it is a 10/10, at least for now. But it is definitely not a 7/10.
At least 8/10 now, and maybe 8.5 or 9 if the ending is great.

Mar 1, 2019 9:44 PM
May 2017
This show is definitely confusing and people don't like to think when watching anime. I really think the rating should be more weighted based on the amount of episodes the person rating it has watched because there can be a 9/10 show like you said but the first episode is 7/10. It just makes people not watch a show that could be actually very good and honestly so far it's definitely a 8/10.
Mar 1, 2019 9:55 PM

Sep 2017
At least wait for the series to be over before becoming concerned with something so silly. The answer should be clear anyway. The series presented itself in a non straightforward way, so early watchers just got confused and dropped it. Tbh I think the first arc was the worst and I wasn't super interested, but maybe if I went back and watched it again I'd like it more since the show has really grown on me.
Mar 2, 2019 4:31 AM

Nov 2013
See the comments in forum episodes. Looks like lot of people are somehow confused by the plot, not understanding said plot. Probably the same kind of people whou would rate Naruto 10/10.
You all need to watch Nami.

Mar 2, 2019 4:41 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, it's stupid to ask questions like this since you know that not everyone has the same anime taste, what I see as a 1/10 could be 10/10 for many others and vice versa.
I'm not talking about this anime since I didn't see it yet.
Mar 2, 2019 8:19 AM

Nov 2017
What a silly question...
The fact that you like the show, or rate it above 7 does not mean that everyone should do the same.
For example many people love Naruto while I absolutely despise the series and can't bring myself to rate it above 5.

Nov 13, 2020 5:18 PM

Feb 2015
People who like the LN would probably dislike this adaption, cause it's extremely rushed.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Nov 19, 2020 4:11 PM

Aug 2008
I think part of the reason this show gets rated low is that it's difficult to track the important characters, which is essential to enjoy this show. It's kind of a multifaceted issue for the show. In the beginning almost everyone is a generic looking highschool student with a forgettable name. As the show progresses they gain unique appearances, alternate personalities and names, but by the time the story reaches that point, the mental tax of remembering their generic forms and how those relate to everyone else has already been imposed. In essence, yes, you could say the show doesn't hold your hand and thus people with limited attention won't follow... but you could also say that the show doesn't make enough of an effort to adapt the material to the medium.

I think maybe Durarara would be a good parallel here. The structure of that show requires overcoming the same core issue; a confusing narrative with several interconnected characters that slowly reveal their importance and have to look vaguely realistic. While Durarara has the distinct advantage of having more design space to distinguish its characters, it actually makes one extremely intelligent choice that's significantly more relevant; use of OP/ED.

In Durarara the OP names and displays each important character while the ED pans over a still image of the characters displaying their unique characteristics and a direct connection to at least one other character. This subtle reinforcement of who the characters are and how they connect in injected into literally every episode at no narrative cost.

Compare this to Boogiepop's OP/ED which are mostly serve as aesthetic reinforcement in a show that really would benefit from information density... particularly if watched weekly rather than marathoned.

I think it's not too hard to see why this show doesn't yield mass appeal even if it has significant artistic value for those willing to tolerate it.
Dec 29, 2020 9:37 AM
Jan 2018
This is one of those "read the novels" type situation becouse the adaption is that bad

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

104 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

45 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2019

32 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

43 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2019

42 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.