Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 2, 2019 4:55 AM

Dec 2009
LiedElfen said:
GenesisAria said:
As i said Polyamory isn't stigmatized and it can only be if one wanted to see that kind of relationship as common when one know it isn't only complicated to maintain that relationship but also things tend to get tedious and destructive too fast. One can love more than 1 person at a time, for example: mom, dad, spouse, sister, brother, son, daughter, friends. There you have it, more than a bunch of person at a time. If you talk about romantic feelings then it is also possible to care for more than one person at a time but people tend to choose one above the others while never taking into account remaining with all of the person for which he has romantic feelings ⁽¹⁾, mainly because there is always one person that has more importance for you than the others ⁽²⁾. As i said it doesn't remind me of anything ⁽³⁾, it doesn't support polyamorous relationships and it definitely doesn't show it as something that can be maintained ⁽⁴⁾. Also it isn't as easy as you're trying to make it out to be, one have to care for every love interest equally and in today's day and age that's something that literally can't be done since the free time is so thin that it only lets space to one love interest, also people aren't robots they are people and jealousy is something that exist in reality ⁽⁵⁾.

Well there's a bunch of issues and assumptions made here.
1) There is no law of causality or anything that dictates you choosing one (yet the standard is to be convinced there is).
2) There is no law of causality or anything that dictates you needing to love them all in the same way (delusion of equality).
3) You responded to my saying it reminds me of poly vs chose one endings as if it were a challenge, so i responded to it as such, that's all.
4) There is no valid science that dictates poly relationships cannot be maintained - the issue is again the way people think about love as something that is conditional.
5) It is easy to make work, people make it difficult because of their own rigidity and egos (ego referring to the psychological quantification of self as pertaining to thoughts, beliefs, emotions etc); it's merely ignorance that shrouds the path to effective solutions. Like i said before, expecting free time has to be allocated in abundance to maintain any form of love, isn't proper love, that's conditional and weak, and is why relationships break off so easily, especially in the modern day, because people don't understand what love is anymore. There are many ways in which jealousy can be redirected, deconstructed, or even inverted into compersion - i for one am a compersive individual, seeing someone i love being happy with another, so long as it isn't cutting me off or blocking me out, it makes me happy to see my love happy. Even if they're having sex, if others make them feel good, that's great, again so long as i'm not being denied, ejected or otherwise NTR'd, because then it hurts. Jealousy only exists when people feel threatened, but if there is no threat there is no jealousy. Now if other partners are having a good time together and you're craving it, and that happyness makes you want more, that's envy, which is very different from jealousy. Polyamory is not a straight forward subject, but it's far from unachievable, rather people usually don't try, or due to belief, economic or legal reasons, it's very widely opposed, looked down on, tabooified and other such as being "slutty" or "shallow" or whatever. So yes, it absolutely is stigmatized, especially in western culture.

Regardless of all the complication, the solution is very very simple: do whatever works. If there is no fundamental incompatibility between any individuals or other unavoidable conflict, then everything can be worked out and resolved. For example, if person A has been spending a lot of time with person C, and person B is lonely wanting to spend time with A or C, all they have to do is talk it out and mutually find solutions that work best for all. It's not hard, it's just about being flexible.

Pd: i didn't said in any single word that he likes them as a friend, i said he has a friendship with them as actually he doesn't have a romantic relationship with any of them.
yet.
GenesisAriaMar 2, 2019 5:02 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 2, 2019 5:50 AM
Nov 2018
GenesisAria said:
LiedElfen said:
As i said Polyamory isn't stigmatized and it can only be if one wanted to see that kind of relationship as common when one know it isn't only complicated to maintain that relationship but also things tend to get tedious and destructive too fast. One can love more than 1 person at a time, for example: mom, dad, spouse, sister, brother, son, daughter, friends. There you have it, more than a bunch of person at a time. If you talk about romantic feelings then it is also possible to care for more than one person at a time but people tend to choose one above the others while never taking into account remaining with all of the person for which he has romantic feelings ⁽¹⁾, mainly because there is always one person that has more importance for you than the others ⁽²⁾. As i said it doesn't remind me of anything ⁽³⁾, it doesn't support polyamorous relationships and it definitely doesn't show it as something that can be maintained ⁽⁴⁾. Also it isn't as easy as you're trying to make it out to be, one have to care for every love interest equally and in today's day and age that's something that literally can't be done since the free time is so thin that it only lets space to one love interest, also people aren't robots they are people and jealousy is something that exist in reality ⁽⁵⁾.

Well there's a bunch of issues and assumptions made here.
1) There is no law of causality or anything that dictates you choosing one (yet the standard is to be convinced there is).
2) There is no law of causality or anything that dictates you needing to love them all in the same way (delusion of equality).
3) You responded to my saying it reminds me of poly vs chose one endings as if it were a challenge, so i responded to it as such, that's all.
4) There is no valid science that dictates poly relationships cannot be maintained - the issue is again the way people think about love as something that is conditional.
5) It is easy to make work, people make it difficult because of their own rigidity and egos (ego referring to the psychological quantification of self as pertaining to thoughts, beliefs, emotions etc); it's merely ignorance that shrouds the path to effective solutions. Like i said before, expecting free time has to be allocated in abundance to maintain any form of love, isn't proper love, that's conditional and weak, and is why relationships break off so easily, especially in the modern day, because people don't understand what love is anymore. There are many ways in which jealousy can be redirected, deconstructed, or even inverted into compersion - i for one am a compersive individual, seeing someone i love being happy with another, so long as it isn't cutting me off or blocking me out, it makes me happy to see my love happy. Even if they're having sex, if others make them feel good, that's great, again so long as i'm not being denied, ejected or otherwise NTR'd, because then it hurts. Jealousy only exists when people feel threatened, but if there is no threat there is no jealousy. Now if other partners are having a good time together and you're craving it, and that happyness makes you want more, that's envy, which is very different from jealousy. Polyamory is not a straight forward subject, but it's far from unachievable, rather people usually don't try, or due to belief, economic or legal reasons, it's very widely opposed, looked down on, tabooified and other such as being "slutty" or "shallow" or whatever. So yes, it absolutely is stigmatized, especially in western culture.

Regardless of all the complication, the solution is very very simple: do whatever works. If there is no fundamental incompatibility between any individuals or other unavoidable conflict, then everything can be worked out and resolved. For example, if person A has been spending a lot of time with person C, and person B is lonely wanting to spend time with A or C, all they have to do is talk it out and mutually find solutions that work best for all. It's not hard, it's just about being flexible.

Pd: i didn't said in any single word that he likes them as a friend, i said he has a friendship with them as actually he doesn't have a romantic relationship with any of them.
yet.

Well there's a lot of different thinking involved in here:

1) There doesn't need to be a law of casualty or anything dictating you to choose one(people are convinced that monogamy is the way it is).
2)There doesn't need to be anything dictating one to love all persons equally(you even said that it has to be that way when you talked about jealousy).
3)I responded as of it were a challenge because the show doesn't remind me of poly vs chose one.
4)There doesn't need to be science involved since science doesn't dictates the people's nature, thinking and feelings. I never talked about science i talked about people not knowing how to maintain that kind of relationship.
5) it isn't easy at all to make work, people having problems for maintaing a monogamy relationship is the strongest fact that shows why a polygamorous relationship is something that can't be done or at the very least that is extremely difficult to be done. Jealousy can be redirected and deconstructed but we are talking about people's feelings here and that isn't something that works in a simple way. People's thinking is too complex and seeing a person who actually sees his love having sexual intercourse with another person say that it makes him happy to see his love happy is something to behold. The thing is that it is extremely easy to left one out in that relationship and to be NTR'd even more. People feel threatened when they see how the other people is happy while they aren't as happy as them. Polyamori isn't a straight subejct and in this space you said something that i share and that is that people don't try or seek for that relationship and as i said if what one wants is to see that relationship as something common then only that way it can be considered stigmatized.

It would be the right thing to do, to talk it out and do everthing right and that way the relationship would be saved but often people don't take onto sccount the feelings of the other, especially when the other person doesn't talk or express his feelings.
Mar 2, 2019 6:35 AM

Mar 2017
I hope it does a good job teasing and structuring its childhood photo mystery - detective thriller style. Because, otherwise, the childhood fated encounter plot line is wearing thin.

While I think that moving the plot so as to make the reveal of whoever the girl in the photo is into something not really significant (because the MC already choose who he loves even if it's not said mystery girl) would be a welcome surprise, the girl on that photo is probably the one he ends up with. I think the author left himself a lot of wiggle room so that whoever he chooses to get the MC in the end could be linked to the girl in the mystery photo; but the story could have gone well even without that childhood fate angle. It turns a love-through-growth story into a cheaper it-was-destiny-all-along story.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Mar 2, 2019 6:57 AM

Aug 2010
shanimebib said:
samsann said:
Well everything could be solved, if Fuutarou had moved his head 180º, i mean 100º would do i think xD

DAMMIT!

Move your goddamn head man!

But...for the plot sake, stuff like that just pass through.

Look at his expression. He couldn't care less about Nino wanting to show him their younger version when he just happened to recover something he holds very dearly and totally got occupied with it. At the end of everything, he is still the self-important MC who only cares enough to make sure the quints show up on the studying table.

Ragna92 said:

Don't read the manga but will still use spoiler tags for my thoughts

You've got some parts really how they would turn out while the others are quite off. In fact, some of which are still a mystery in the manga. But that's because the quints are super unprectable! Like Nino defending Fuu or Yotsuba's out of nowhere confession. I guess once the anime ends, you may wanna pick the manga up to find out.
Got me more curious on which ones I got right/wrong.

I plan to :) Tempted to read it now but I'll wait until the anime finishes.
Mar 2, 2019 7:13 AM

Apr 2017
Lovely episode, since Miku and Yotsuba are my faves I particularly liked it. Doubt either of them gonna end up with Futaro, though.
Mar 2, 2019 7:15 AM

Dec 2009
LiedElfen said:
GenesisAria said:
Well there's a lot of different thinking involved in here:

1) There doesn't need to be a law of casualty or anything dictating you to choose one(people are convinced that monogamy is the way it is).
2)There doesn't need to be anything dictating one to love all persons equally(you even said that it has to be that way when you talked about jealousy).
3)I responded as of it were a challenge because the show doesn't remind me of poly vs chose one.
4)There doesn't need to be science involved since science doesn't dictates the people's nature, thinking and feelings. I never talked about science i talked about people not knowing how to maintain that kind of relationship.
5) it isn't easy at all to make work, people having problems for maintaing a monogamy relationship is the strongest fact that shows why a polygamorous relationship is something that can't be done or at the very least that is extremely difficult to be done. Jealousy can be redirected and deconstructed but we are talking about people's feelings here and that isn't something that works in a simple way. People's thinking is too complex and seeing a person who actually sees his love having sexual intercourse with another person say that it makes him happy to see his love happy is something to behold. The thing is that it is extremely easy to left one out in that relationship and to be NTR'd even more. People feel threatened when they see how the other people is happy while they aren't as happy as them. Polyamori isn't a straight subejct and in this space you said something that i share and that is that people don't try or seek for that relationship and as i said if what one wants is to see that relationship as something common then only that way it can be considered stigmatized.

It would be the right thing to do, to talk it out and do everthing right and that way the relationship would be saved but often people don't take onto sccount the feelings of the other, especially when the other person doesn't talk or express his feelings.

1) We agree
2) No i didn't. Fairly isn't he same as equally. Best solution isn't equality, it's getting the most of what each individual needs as possible, even if they're unbalanced. One person might want more attention, another person might be okay just being around, another might want lots of sex, another might wish to play videogames with a particular partner, maybe one of them wants to work the same job as another. It's just about finding what works.
3) But i said it reminded me of this, meaning you started it :P
4) It was a general statement. As you reaffirmed, not knowing is the problem here.
5) . . .

Easy is subjective. With the right information something hard can become very simple and easy. Try to unscrew a bolt with a pair of pliers, it's a pain in the ass, do it with a bitted drill, it's a piece of cake.

Peoples' issues with maintaining monogamy is a much more fundamental cultural problem than you realize. There are a multitude of factors, from ignorance of love, to ignorance of relationships, to pressures of society, to state of economy, culture, and so on. Monogamies didn't used to be so unstable in the past, but people are getting more full of themselves, full of expectations, but also believing that finding a partner is paramount. I'd have to write entire novels to adequately cover this topic frankly. How do i even properly explain this... It's been a long-ass time since i've dealt with this topic indepth. People are looking for the wrong things in partners, people aren't looking for lovers, they're looking for holes to be filled. People preemptively dive on relationships like opportunists, and then later find out compatibility issues. Relationships collapse because they weren't strong to begin with, because they were made conditional. Anyone i love, even if they're on the other side of the planet, i still love them the same, even if they're spending their life with someone else, having sex, whatever, doesn't change a thing, because i've long since shed any conditionality from my conception of love. The way society, and western media included, but just the culture in general, peers and general mindset, assumes love is like a bottle of chemicals in the brain that can only do so much at one time, and can only really handle one person. Plus there's all the beliefs that come along with that, that if you try to love more than one person, you are spreading out your love and thus love them less, instead of 100% on one... But like i said, it's incommensurate, you can put 100% on as many as you want, or rather infinite%. People quantize, and convolute everything based on a material mindset (WHICH IS NOT DOMINANT IN ASIAN CULTURES BTW, THIS IS SPECIFIC TO WESTERN PHILOSOPHY, thus why western constraints do not need to exist in eastern fiction) which turns everything into a complicated painful logic system in which various criteria need to be met and so on, and add that onto stresses due to work and unstable social environments and so on, leads to dramas and conflicts and it just goes on. People find their relationships that they constructed from confusing infatuation with love, unsurprisingly, unfulfilling, and want to break off or go cheating or whatever, and that's when drama ensues.

Jealousy can be dealt with far easier than you realize, polyamory resources actually have guides and shit for handling jealousy n shit. I can tell people how to deal with jealousy myself, not because i studied polyamory resources so much as i just know how to reliably rewire the brain, and can share the steps to do so. My preference for things can change from hate to adore faster than changing winds, just from adopting a certain perspective and then overriding it onto all my past exposures to said thing, thus enlightening a new appreciation for it. Changing the mind is as simple as that once you figure it out or someone guides you to figuring it out.

People's thinking is too complex and seeing a person who actually sees his love having sexual intercourse with another person say that it makes him happy to see his love happy is something to behold.
Not really, it's not that special, it's just a lot of people are unaware this method of thinking is possible. I wasn't this way in the past, i wasn't born with a poly outlook. I grew up under the impression that finding that one partner is the way it is. If you want poly, you each change yourselves if needed to make it work. Basically, if your love is true, you'll put in the effort to make it work. If you don't care enough, then the love sin't true and you probably wouldn't be able to be in a stable relationship with them even mono.

I should point out that probably the most common form of love is not one which punches you in the face, but one which you grow before even realizing it. Yagate Kimi ni Naru is a perfect narrative example of what it looks like. Love is alive and it's something that can grow and evolve.

Also, if you aren't as happy as them, you just fuckin say it. "I don't feel as happy as i'd like in this relationship". Honesty and sincerity is crucial to polyamory, meaning it also requires you learn to build good character. If you can't be honest, again, your love sin't true enough, and your relationship will collapse eventually, or just generally suck. Taking into account the feelings of others in the relationship is again crucial to genuine love. When you love someone deeply, their wellbeing is more important than your own. Same thing the other way around, if they love you deeply, your wellbeing is more important than their own, and as a result, there is a perpetual give and give dynamic that balances out. Every relationship balance is different, but it's crucial you always find those balances, and if they are in constant flux, then you need to move with it to keep that. Though really once you understand it all and actualize so to speak, it becomes natural, and you don't have to overthink it all, it just works, and everybody gets along happily.

The biggest obstacle to everyone getting along is their own egos, their sens of self and beliefs and so on that chain them down to a particular thought process. This inflexibility is the enemy of any and all relationships, be them mono, poly, familial, friendly, whatever. Let go, live simply and naturally, and stuff like polyamory will come just as naturally/effortlessly. -- The problem is the self, and changing the self is simple if you stop thinking about how to get from A to B, and just go to B without thinking. Don't want jealousy to interrupt your life? Don't be jealous. People like to say "it's not that simple", but it really is. Believing it's complicated or needs a special trick is what makes it hard. Just be happy about it for the reasons it's good instead of jealous for the reasons it's not good. Forget about the negative, negativity sucks.

Oof, that came out way longer than i intended it to be, but that is what i have to say about that. The problem always boils down to ignorance, and stupidity preventing the conquering of said ignorance.
GenesisAriaMar 2, 2019 7:41 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Mar 2, 2019 8:16 AM
Feb 2016
shanimebib said:

Nice try with an alt account, fam.

On more important things:

Cannot believe that one is still rated more than this (the trends show otherwise).

wait, where did you find this trend graph?
Mar 2, 2019 9:42 AM

Sep 2016
havent read the manga. so, he doesnt know the name of the girl who was his first love?
Mar 2, 2019 10:12 AM

Nov 2007
CookieMaster97 said:
havent read the manga. so, he doesnt know the name of the girl who was his first love?

He does. And in case you wondering who that is:

Supersky said:

Umm... using MAL episode 5/5s?
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 2, 2019 10:20 AM

Oct 2017
Yotsuba - best girl :D
Mar 2, 2019 10:34 AM

Jun 2015
So this is gonna be one big game of “find the right quintuplet ”
Mar 2, 2019 10:37 AM
Feb 2016
shanimebib said:
CookieMaster97 said:

Supersky said:

Umm... using MAL episode 5/5s?

oh makes sense. I'm an idiot lol
Mar 2, 2019 11:47 AM

Jan 2018
Nisekoi season 3 looking good
What a beautiful Duwang
Mar 2, 2019 1:32 PM

Jul 2017
Another fun episode. I've liked Yotsuba from the start, but not sure she'll be the one. Probably be the one he has to work the hardest on. So Nino or Itsuki, although Nino being the one would be a total 180 and be a bit unrealistic, but people love their Tsunderes!

Bit of a coincidence that Futaro didn't turn around and look at the photo album, obviously to keep the new mystery going. We could rule out Nino, I guess, but it was 5 years ago so she might not remember him specifically, but it could be that she likes that type of boy because of that encounter.
Mar 2, 2019 5:27 PM

Jul 2008
Funny fact is, the Childhood Friend is likely NOT going to win. The events of ep1 (ch1) are framed as Fuutarou's memories of when he first met the Bride. By this logic, he did not meet his bride during the childhood.
On other hand, it would not be the first time that the author used Red Herrings... he uses them a lot! So it's not impossible that he says "Oh, Fuutarou actually remembered a different time then what was framed!" Still, the likelihood is reduced.

Indie_S_Orilly said:
I know right? A person who likes to study so much and so caring towards the quintuplets to the point he wants them to enjoy the fireworks together because he learned that it's important for them, suddenly decided not to turn his head to learn about how the quintuplet's appearance looks like when they are younger.

If someone can actually explain me why this isn't a forced writing, please do so instead of unreasonably calling me an alt for posting a comment in the appropriate place. This is a discussion forum right?

Simply said, he doesn't care. He becomes empathetic when something major about sisters happens in front of him, but he isn't yet so close to them that he wants to know everything. And he is not the kind of guy to care about what someone looked like as kids. Fuutarou is, most of the time, pretty cold.
Also, there's the whole "I showed you my photo, so now show me yours!" And he doesn't want them to see the whole photo.

The bigger question is why he cares so much about not wanting other people to see this girl.

D1tchd1gger said:
Bit of a coincidence that Futaro didn't turn around and look at the photo album, obviously to keep the new mystery going. We could rule out Nino, I guess, but it was 5 years ago so she might not remember him specifically, but it could be that she likes that type of boy because of that encounter.

Indeed. Just like how Fuutarou doesn't realize that this girl is one of Quints, so would Nino not realize that this boy was Fuutarou.
NayraelMar 2, 2019 5:36 PM
Mar 2, 2019 8:42 PM

Oct 2009
This show managed to keep things interesting this far, to be honest I was not expecting to be this invested in the story as the show title was implying a cheap ass harem cliche. It's really enjoyable.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Mar 2, 2019 10:05 PM

Nov 2017
shanimebib said:

Guess. Your. Quints. Nino. Miku. Itsuki. Yotsuba. Ichika.

right to left
2>3>5>4>1
bondtuxMar 2, 2019 10:26 PM
Now Loading.....
Mar 2, 2019 10:24 PM

Nov 2017
shanimebib said:

Also, let me throw in some puzzle for you guys at this point as this gets crazy in the manga discussion threads:

A) Seeing her "confess", do you think Yotsuba cannot lie or just good at deceiving?
B) Do you think Nino will get her ear pierced before the wedding or not, for the bride definitely has piercings?
C) Do you think Miku will get better at cooking or continue to struggle attaining one of the brownie points of being Fuu's ideal type?
D) Do you think Ichika is good at acting given she aspires to enter the showbiz?
E) Do you think Itsuki is really the "Main" heroine, and the destined one?
F) And finally, do you think the Quint in the pic (let her refer as the Kyoto girl) is Fuutarou's first love?

Man, you guys will have it coming if you continue to judge this for what you see. :P

As for the pic I posted: the answer was already in that post. You'd have to hover and read. I cannot blame you guys but you guys will start getting them right once you read the manga!

A : she is good at deceiving... just like she said... she can "do it" if she is want to.
B : i'm sure she get her ear pierced... but i dont really believe that she is the "one".
C : I dont know. She would be good at cooking but only on japanese food (i dont know)
D : i dont really understand with this question
E : Yea... why? b'coz the one of the most important rules of the harem anime is : THE FIRST GIRL THAT MC MET, IS THE DESTINED ONE... but it doesnt close the fact that the one who marries Fuu in the end is the other sisters
F : First love? im not really sure.... but according of the rules, then yes.

For the record : I'M NOT READ THE MANGA YET (even i dont read the manga yet, but the damn spoiler doesnt bother me)
bondtuxMar 2, 2019 10:28 PM
Now Loading.....
Mar 3, 2019 4:44 AM

Jun 2009
Nino is having some problems this episode...
I like pancakes.
Mar 3, 2019 12:40 PM
Feb 2019
shanimebib said:

Ichika, Miku, Itsuki, Nino , yotsuba!
Mar 3, 2019 1:18 PM

Dec 2016
Wow just WoooooW!!!!
This show really got me.
Episode after another, it's really unique.
Can't wait for the next week.
Mar 3, 2019 3:24 PM

Aug 2018
Getting a nisekoi vibe...
Mar 3, 2019 6:48 PM
Jun 2017
Ohhh its yotsuba's time to have more time... but the one that really made me interest is the final part, - THE PICTURE!!! Ohh who is the girl in the picture? Ohh... im more excited about this one already...
Mar 3, 2019 6:59 PM

Mar 2019
Nayrael said:
Simply said, he doesn't care. He becomes empathetic when something major about sisters happens in front of him, but he isn't yet so close to them that he wants to know everything. And he is not the kind of guy to care about what someone looked like as kids. Fuutarou is, most of the time, pretty cold.
Also, there's the whole "I showed you my photo, so now show me yours!" And he doesn't want them to see the whole photo.

The bigger question is why he cares so much about not wanting other people to see this girl.

I see, he wants to avoid Nino potentially playing the equalizing game. Well that makes sense.

shanimebib said:
//spoilers//spoilers//

What? Are you serious? Are you really freaking serious? You can't be serious right???

I won't be surprised if this show pulls a To Love Ru if that's the case
Mar 3, 2019 9:11 PM
Aug 2017
1000/1000. Hahaha I wonder who the girl is xddddd. i swear mang.this is so amazing
Mar 4, 2019 8:55 AM
Mar 2015
Mostly fluff with a little girl /boy younger back story
Mar 4, 2019 9:37 AM
Oct 2016
Build up episode. But this doesn't even come up close to Nisekoi.
Mar 5, 2019 5:07 AM

Apr 2014
I hope the girl next to Futaro is Miku.
Mar 5, 2019 10:55 AM
Jan 2016
Awesome episode!

Yotsuba fake confess was awesome!

Nino sleeping was a glorious godess! So cute! And Nino liked bad boy Fuutarou!

He didn't saw the pictures from album with five of them, so he want to find the girl from photo and still dont know that she is one of the five sister, and if Nino saw the photo and dont remember him, maybe isn't Nino in photo!

I am really curious to see who is in photo!
Mar 6, 2019 3:58 AM

Jan 2008
shanimebib said:

Mar 6, 2019 6:23 AM

Nov 2007
HatsumiShinogu said:
shanimebib said:

Coronavirus.
Mar 6, 2019 6:00 PM

Jan 2013
Another fantastic episode!
I thought that Yotsuba was saying that for real...she did good, managed to trick everyone xD But i wonder if there was a slight chance of it being true...

@uninstallthegame

It's either Itsuki or Miku! For sure xD

@shanimebib

Fuutarou looked like a rebel kid hahaha

"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 6, 2019 6:01 PM

Jan 2013
Bingki-san said:
Alright, he should've not ignoring Nino when she was going to show their childhood photos.

This is amazing! hahahahahaha thank you for doing this xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Mar 6, 2019 9:25 PM

Dec 2011
Farmaceut said:
shanimebib said:

Ichika,Miku,Itsuki,Nino,Yotsuba...(just my guess)

That's how I rolled it out too. Which leads me to believe "childhood friend" is Itsuki... as if we didn't all see it coming from a mile away.... I was hoping this show would subvert expectations.

I suppose it's still possible... but damn do I figure not.

The ending of this episode made the whole series go down a point in my book. It's episode 8 of 12, now would have been a good time to introduce that sort of drama... but we artificially avoid it due to "Durrr... he doesn't even glance at the book"

So forced.

Though... as I type this... the fact that she pulled out her album at all is really suspect... why pull out an old picture of them if she didn't realize it was an old picture of him?
Mar 7, 2019 10:10 AM
May 2016
God damn it, a part of me knew they were going to do this, the whole "I knew them from when I was younger" ploy. NOW this is your standard harerm comedy.

Sigh, at least there's a 1 in 5 lottery this time so it's not completely cliched.
Mar 11, 2019 2:53 AM

Jan 2011
I can tell where this is gonna end now.

Also childhood friend isn't the guaranteed winner, we've got something else that determines that, but spoilers.
Mar 12, 2019 10:25 PM

Dec 2018

I find this trope irritating, but not for the reason you think. There’s usually never enough shown! Come on, we all know what’s there and we all want to see it. Murky water steam censorship bullshit.

Japanese censorship is absolutely fucking infuriating. Mountains of gore abound, but one exposed vag and parliament flips out.
Mar 13, 2019 4:37 PM

Aug 2014
I didn't see that coming that he knew one of them earlier ;o
also Yotsuba was funny ;]
I think that Itsuki is too distant and there is no progress between them, I think it would be best if the winner would be Miku. That would also be maybe first harem when main girl is not the winner ;o
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Mar 17, 2019 1:32 AM
Mar 2019
shanimebib said:

Its pretty obvious that it is nino,miku.itsuki,yotsuba,and lastly ichika.
Mar 18, 2019 12:41 AM

May 2013
I was curious about the opening scene with Yotsuba hovering over Futaro on the ground and it finally showed up this episode and was so satisfyingggg~ rare to see her so serious. I don't think she was BS-ing him, but the confession was sweet -^___^- loved her grin. It was different this time and quite nice. She seemed happier.

And we know Nino ain't the quint in the photo if she doesn't find the little boy to look familiar lol

It's prolly Itsuki, which I don't approve of *le sigh* ;[
Kokoro_KotashimaMar 18, 2019 8:16 AM
Mar 18, 2019 2:41 AM

Nov 2007
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:
It's prolly Itsuki, which I don't approve of.

Is it because you think the girl in the photo is the end girl?

Coronavirus.
Mar 18, 2019 7:14 AM

May 2013
shanimebib said:
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:
It's prolly Itsuki, which I don't approve of.

Is it because you think the girl in the photo is the end girl?

Well yeah, lol. Most animes typically follow that format lol. So I'm just saying that if it does happen, I'm gonna be in denial about it hahaha xD
And no, I don't follow the manga ^^"
Mar 30, 2019 7:56 AM

May 2016
One of my fav episodes so far and damn that picture was something.
Mar 30, 2019 7:54 PM
Feb 2017
WTF this episode is so similar to Nisekoi XD
Mar 31, 2019 1:20 PM

Nov 2018
Yotsuba got me with that fake confession.
Mar 31, 2019 4:23 PM

Oct 2012
isuzusan said:
Well the mystery childhood friend isn't Nino. 1 down, 4 to go.

Mercuri said:
So Nino is now eliminated since she din't recognized the past Fuutaro

Rule #1: How to eliminate real childhood girl out of all potential ones? Make her not remember the moment. Not to mention she literally told him he's her type.

So while viewers are deeply thinking about the other four, the first one is actually the right answer. So how to possibly warm the heart of such cold queen? Make her childhood friend! Besides, everyone else already have their backstories and are thinking of him, Nino is the last one.
I bet she'll remember when she sees his photo unfolded. But I hope you realize that childhood friend never wins.

Anyway, pretty sweet episode on Yotsuba's part, obviously, that confession was real, that's why she had no problem lying.

And it was kinda funny how Fuutarou turned out from Nino as his ear was obviously pierced back then and she could spot the mark among the other things.
Mich666Mar 31, 2019 4:29 PM
Apr 6, 2019 11:37 PM

Aug 2017
This show is amazing. Promised girl from the past seems to work, like Love Hina and Nisekoi which I also loved. I think Yotsuba's confession was real. I like how some tension is building up with Nino.

Now I'm really wondering what happened back in middle school. Awesome show.
Apr 7, 2019 11:26 PM

Jul 2016
Well, I mean... what are the possibilities for Fuutarou to ending up teaching the girl he had a crush on? Ah... harem tropes these days xD

That aside, I must say this was a surprisingly interesting episode.

Yotsuba's "confession" really caught me off guard if I'm honest. It was nicely done and seeing more focus on her character was something nice to see as well.

And on the other hand, the whole mystery surrounding the girl in the photo with Fuutarou really caught my attention, I wonder who she might be. But unfortunately, it seems she's not Miku based on her usual mannerism, which is a shame since she's the one who probably feels true love towards him so far.

That said, I'm curious to know how they will develop this situation regarding the mysterious girl.
Apr 9, 2019 5:49 PM

May 2012
oof that ending! A bit of a shame to be honest as that was quite damn close if you ask me! Really do wonder if they'll ever get to know that of each other! He sure looked quite different, but well so do all the girls :p

Well let's see what's next, time for a good onsen episode!
Apr 9, 2019 6:51 PM

Sep 2014
Oh it's one of those destiny/fate kind of thing huh? Well I'm honestly not surprise but because of this the end result might be the usual cliché. Hope it's not and we get a different girl ending up with Uesugi

Besides that, the changing addresses scene with Itsuki got me in shambles. 'How can you sell your family just like that?" LOL. Also that fake confession seemed so real in the beginning that I thought Yotsuba really does have feeling for Uesugi. Or doesn't she? (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

301 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

112 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 9, 6:45 AM

» My review of the 5-toubun no Hanayome

aTi - Apr 4

17 by ElmoBoredAsf »»
Apr 5, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

237 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2019

128 by NoUsernamesIKnow »»
Feb 13, 8:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.