Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 28, 2019 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting, got to see a bit more of Krone's past.

A somewhat slow episode but felt like an important one to understand Krone better. On the kids' side, they're still planning their escape. With the knowledge they have in mind, I'd say they are in a decent position but Mama is also realizes what they're up to.

That confrontation with Mama gave me chills. Emma is fearless! (but damn, that injured leg)
Feb 28, 2019 10:04 AM
Feb 2019
Yeah that confrontation was.. nightmare fuel
Feb 28, 2019 10:11 AM

Sep 2014
That was the best episode. Sister Krone's death was done well and also got glimpses from her past. The OST during her final moments was also pretty fitting. The kids' plan to distract Isabella and check the walls backfired and she ended up breaking Emma's leg making her escape look impossible now. Norman is the next to get shipped.
Feb 28, 2019 10:13 AM
Aug 2018
Probably one of the best episodes yet, the ending was INSANE, and Krone's death was super well done.
Feb 28, 2019 10:22 AM
Jul 2018
This week is not good for my heart. First Mob and now this...
For the first part with Krone, I felt something was shady so I wasn't that surprised when the monsters appeard. Anyway, all those scenes of her past while she was being killed were very pointless. I don't think anyone could connect to her that much in those 8 episodes (I could be wrong) to feel anything other than "fear" at that scene. They should have made it shorter and the second half longer.
The second half was absolutely amazing, however. The tense was so great at that last scene I thought I was going to have a heart attack.
I grew to care for these 5 kids, I really hope they won't die!
Feb 28, 2019 10:26 AM

Mar 2017
I don't care what happens, i'd kill that bitch and make sure it hurt. If i'm going down, she's coming with me
Feb 28, 2019 10:28 AM

Sep 2017
Animes surely adore breaking children's legs and arms don't they
Feb 28, 2019 10:29 AM
Oct 2007
Super tense for the second half. Kept at the edge of my seat!

I'm a bit confused though. Why did some of the older kids back in the house who doesn't know about the truth yet getting shocked and felt fear when they saw Emma injured? Did the show overexaggerated their reactions?
That kind of reaction is something I would expect from someone who already knew the truth.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2019 10:33 AM
Jan 2017
This episode was insanely good. Even tho I have read the manga I was totally into it. AH! Best episode so far, they are doing such a good job on this anime! Can't wait to watch the rest...
Feb 28, 2019 10:33 AM
Aug 2017
I've read the manga of this episode [no spoilers don't worry] and I remember the leg breaking being super visural and real but that sound effect straight made my balls shoot right up inside me, also the music playing after Ray was locked in the cupboard and Mom ran out was such a fucking banger. I can not wait to see what they do next week
Feb 28, 2019 10:43 AM

Aug 2017
Probably the best episode yet.

Really thrilling, the OST were bangers, as well as the ending
Feb 28, 2019 10:45 AM
Nov 2018
So much despair and sadness in this episode. Sister Krone died, she really had nothing to choose and her life made her to trun out that way. And so is mama, they're doing the best they can. So much difference in strength between those demons and humans. And Norman shipment has been set. I hope they all will come up with something better without losing anyone.
Yasuhiro-Feb 28, 2019 10:58 AM

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Feb 28, 2019 10:48 AM

Dec 2017
finally some action, even if it was futile in the end, at least not another build-up prep episode

krone and emma got fucked, nice. and norman, too? find out in the next episode of dra-.. i mean, neverland
Feb 28, 2019 10:59 AM

Mar 2017
These OSTs are amazing we also got a bit of infomation about krone
Feb 28, 2019 11:03 AM
Oct 2018
HOLY SHIT! That was a nasty episode!
Feb 28, 2019 11:07 AM

Mar 2016
I knew the operation was gonna go to shit, but it was still personally frustrating to watch.

Very well-done episode, though, nonetheless.
Feb 28, 2019 11:08 AM

Sep 2018
Well Mama stoped playing nice and finally got serious,damn is she strong....
well that's just my opinion.....
Feb 28, 2019 11:12 AM

Jan 2019
the music was top notch during the last scene with emma
added to the feeling of despair nicely

this might indirectly be a spoiler to later events of the manga that won't happen in this season
Feb 28, 2019 11:15 AM

Jun 2017
Krone's death was very interesting
I've seen someone complain that they didn't feel anything and that her death was "weak"

I believe that, while you can consider it to be an emotional moment, her death serves the purpose to showcase the anime's themes and conflicts:The dichotomy between her death and the children eating could be seen as a parallelism between an "happy" life and a "sorrowful" life
In the end, the entire heart of the scene lies in her final monologue and in her past:A meaningless life, a meaningless death, the final words are towards a future that she will never see, but that she knows will be better than whatever she had

Isabella Best Girl and Best Bone-Breaker, interesting that we saw a glimpse of her past, it seems that she tried to escape, maybe like Emma,Norman and Ray?Who knows...
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Feb 28, 2019 11:15 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Hell hath no fury like a Mama on a mission. This episode was so intense. I'd never cared too much for Krone, but those little flashbacks definitely made me appreciate her struggles and hardships more. There was still some humanity left in her.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 28, 2019 11:47 AM

Mar 2017
Ohh boy. A lot of stuffs happened.
Sister Krone was creepy right from the beginning but now I seriously feel sad for her. Also I wonder what she left behind in the drawer.
Isabella knew that Ray was betraying her.
Later a direct assault from Isabella. I didn't see that coming. What happened to Emma's leg looked painful.
And now Norman is getting shipped.
Isabella turned the whole table so quickly.
Feb 28, 2019 11:48 AM
Jun 2016

I'm a bit confused though. Why did some of the older kids back in the house who doesn't know about the truth yet getting shocked and felt fear when they saw Emma injured? Did the show overexaggerated their reactions?
That kind of reaction is something I would expect from someone who already knew the truth.

Feb 28, 2019 11:49 AM
Jun 2016
amazing episode, even though i know what's gonna happen, the last 5 mins were absolute chills!!!! let's hear your thoughts on how the kids gonna get out of this one now
Feb 28, 2019 11:51 AM

May 2013
What an episode! Krones past and death. I'm wondering if mom really thinks she helping these kids from more terror or if it's just another mind game.
Feb 28, 2019 11:57 AM

Apr 2018
I read the manga a while back but the anime can still suprise me even tho i know everything that will happen. I love this so much
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Feb 28, 2019 12:02 PM
Apr 2016
Sure felt as if the direction got completely switched. The series seems to have hit the zero mark, can't imagine the situation getting any worse. Intense, cruel, enticing.
Re:formed
Feb 28, 2019 12:04 PM

Aug 2012
Isabella is insane. Also saying they do not feel anything is a lie she believes.
Feb 28, 2019 12:06 PM
Aug 2017
I didnt like Krones Death Scene. The anime dragged it a lot with Krone fighting against that demon with Flashbacks in between.
In the Manga the demon comes, grabs her and stabs her, then comes her flashback.
Krones fighting also felt really clumsy.
Feb 28, 2019 12:21 PM
Apr 2016
Everyone's plan utterly failed... Krone DIED, while hoping that they will escape... Isabella broke Emma's leg, damn... No hope (?)
Feb 28, 2019 12:44 PM

May 2018
Welp, Sister Krone has been terminated, so from the looks of her past being a mom, is like being in boot camp, too bad she let her ambition took over her completely.

So, the escape plan is no longer viable, so what now from here????
Feb 28, 2019 12:47 PM

Feb 2018
Wow, what an episode! As soon as Krone's death scene started I knew Mom knew everything, but how did she figure it all out? It seems like the kids gravely underestimated her.

I like that they showed a glimpse of Isabella's past, it seems she figured out as well but was convinced to stay. Also I'm interested to know what bigger goal Isabella plays a pawn in that Grandma mentioned and what makes their farm special.

The flashbacks during Krone's death scene made me feel bad for her, which I didn't think I would. There were a lot of kids in her class, maybe to hint at just how many farms there are? In the end, Krone wasn't very different from Emma and the rest, just put into a bad situation. It was also cool to see those blood sucking flowers in action.

I'm convinced Phil has some greater significance to the overall plot. They focused on him at least 3 times in this episode. Perhaps he figured it out too and is making plans of his own?...

This second part, holy cow. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Mom was frightening when she dropped the act and showed them her true side. Poor Emma! I was expecting that to not go well, but I didn't think Mom would break her leg! With such ease too.. Maybe that's why they showed us Krone sparring with other kids in her flashback. They're trained in hand to hand combat.

They're all terrified now because it seems like all hope is lost, especially because Emma can't run now. The younger kids looked scared as well when they saw Mom carrying Emma back. Maybe they all know?! But how? (Oh look, there's Phil again. Whatcha lookin for, Phil? Still wondering where Krone is? Or where Norman and the others are? Or something we don't know yet? You're planning something aren't you??)

Oh boy, Norman's shipping date is set... they better think of something, and fast! These next few episodes are going to be some real nail biters! I can't wait, I need it now! I'm really trying to hold off reading ahead in the manga but it's difficult!

What lies on the other side of the wall? Mom talking about the ouside world has piqued my curiosity more than ever! Find out next time, on Dragon Ba- er, I mean, The Promised Neverland!
Feb 28, 2019 12:53 PM

Feb 2018
Great episode, but I preferred Krones death in the manga tbh, it was simply more aprupt, and surprising.
Feb 28, 2019 12:59 PM
Dec 2017
This show was slowly stagnating for me, personally. It started out a solid 9, but failed to surprise me or intrigue me with its last few episodes, but this episode really raised the quality and moved the action along. If this is what we're getting with the next four episodes, might as well work it's way up to a 10.

Very good choices of music, brilliant directing.
Feb 28, 2019 12:59 PM

Sep 2011
This was brutal. To watch Krone becoming a meal, or just being murdered with that bloodthirsty flower, as the kids were having a meal themselves. All the while getting snippets of her miserable life devoid of even a shard of freedom or joy. What a pitiful existence.

I can't help but feel terrible for her, let's hope that whatever she left behind with that pen can help the kids because they will need any help they can get. The situation took a turn for the worse, and fast. I don't see Norman being saved, but I would be happy to be wrong.
Feb 28, 2019 1:00 PM
Mar 2014
I still don`t like the Anime, nothing happens its only plotting and scheming.
Hope something will happen soon or this anime will be the biggest letdown this season.
Feb 28, 2019 1:13 PM

Jul 2015
some of krones past popping up not bad
that broken leg tho

Well...
Feb 28, 2019 1:15 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm Isabella's letter sure threw a wrench in their plans. The insight into how the upper command of the plants work was insightful. Seems Isabella and this farm is quite important to them. Intermingling Krone's end with her training sure was interesting as it expanded on her past while also showing her fate. Feels like everything is running according to Isabella's plan. Her talk with Emma and Norman though sure was chilling as she revealed the truth to them. Isabella's move for stopping Emma and Norman though was quite the surprise. Things sure have taken a turn for the worst though. An interesting ep that while expanding upon the role that the three play in Isabella and the higher ups plans also did well to add some depth to Isabella as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2019 1:18 PM

Aug 2018
The flashbacks during Sister Krone's scene that she was about to die made me feel sad now I started to like her... :-(
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Feb 28, 2019 1:23 PM

Jan 2019
Rip flashbacks. Also who was the one in the flashback who also tried to escape?
Feb 28, 2019 1:25 PM

Nov 2016
Just one thing. Isabella was absolutely savage !

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 28, 2019 1:28 PM

Jan 2017
Damn good episode. The mom is as ruthless as it gets hollyshit.
Feb 28, 2019 1:34 PM

May 2016
Isabella is top waifu pick this season, easily.
Feb 28, 2019 1:38 PM

Feb 2014
Damn. Everything went to shit, didn't it? X_X

Krone was making her departure, presumably to become a new 'mom' of another plant, but that was just a lie, as Grandma planned to have Krone killed. Sadly, that did happen and the way that they played her flashbacks as a kid until her adult years made me feel sad for her even more. She'll be missed. D=

Just to make the misery even worse, Isabella made her move by ending her contract with Ray and locked him in Krone's old room. After that, she ventured into the forest to catch Emma and Norman. Despite the two kids' plan to hold her off, Isabella made another move by breaking Emma's leg, rendering her immobile for a long time.

If that wasn't enough of a crushing defeat for the group, as Don, Gilda and Ray caught up, they all learned from Isabella that Norman's shipping date has now been set. Hopefully we'll find out whether it'll be before or after Ray's shipping date, but either way, it's back to square one for all of the resisting kids.

Despite the heavy defeat here and Isabella showing her true colours to the kids, I think it'll go to further solidify the kids' resolve in escaping from the farm alive. I just hope that Emma's leg would heal up quickly enough in time before then.

So congrats, Isabella. You're second on my list of characters this season who should burn in hell, after Shield Hero's Myne, of course.
Feb 28, 2019 1:40 PM

Jan 2017
haoody said:
haoody said:
They removed all the tension in Krone's death and I wasn't minding the lack of monologues until now. The eye-to-eye scene with Norman and Emma had the obrigation to have it. That's sad.

I just did a bad edit so you guys can "see" the quantity of content of the manga that was cut out just to keep the two facing each other.

Meh. Not a big deal imo, the anime version isn't bad, it's just different.
Feb 28, 2019 1:46 PM

Jul 2016
Great episode. Krone gets me everytime, like in the manga its a emotional scene. Ray plotting the distraction but Mama notice it and take action. Emma and Norman venture to outside the wall. But Mama appear to say that stop the acting, and Emma try stop Mama to give Norman a chance to see the outside. But Mama injured Emma and the next shipment is Norman. Overall great pacing than previous episodes and they add the Krone flashback that add to the scene. And some chilling OST.

Feb 28, 2019 1:50 PM

Aug 2017
I cried. I fucking cried.
Feb 28, 2019 1:54 PM

Jun 2012
Holy. Fucking. Shit.
I'm so glad I didn't see any spoilers for this. I had a feeling it was a trap when Krone left the house.
But this episode, oh man. Everything that could possibly go wrong, went wrong. And Norman might die next, and Emma can't move. Even Ray isn't in the clear anymore.
Feb 28, 2019 2:07 PM

Apr 2015
So Krone actually got killed, not quite the way I was expecting. She was tricked into believing she could become a mum like Isabella.

So Isabella has been one step ahead of the kids all this time. She knew all along and trapped Ray in Krone's room. That confrontation though, that was so damn intense it made the episode go by again in a flash. Poor Emma, Isabella breaking her leg sounded horrific. It's back to square one, well actually they are in more trouble then ever before now that Norman's shipment date is known.
Feb 28, 2019 2:11 PM

Nov 2014
This episode is amazing. Cannot believe the adaptation suddenly got so good.
The flashback of Krone when she was about to die was done perfectly I even teared up. I like the scene where she was standing among a group of kid who were faded out, and then the scene changed and we see the group having less people and Krone's eyes were more determined and have lost that childhood innocence.

They changed the part where Don came to save Ray. I prefer the manga way of doing it but the anime version isn't bad.

Would have been better if we can see the inner thoughts of Norman and Emma when they decided to stop Mama and go investigate. The main difference between the anime and manga is that we don't see what the characters are thinking and can only deduce from the shift in their facial expression. That can be confusing sometimes but unique as well.

But the part I like the most about this episode is the facial expression of the specific kids when they see Mama carrying a broken Emma back to the house. I love how they add in foreshadowings like that.

And lastly... Phil is the boss man, to be able to
This man deserves an oscar.
Feb 28, 2019 2:20 PM

Feb 2018
Daaamn... It was a dark show, but this is a whole new level. Krone's death made me surprisingly sad. I really am looking forward to see what happens next, children are not knowing what tomorrow will bring, despite all this planning. With Isabella knowing everything it was all futile in the end.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2019

280 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 12, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.