Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 1, 2019 3:38 PM

Nov 2017
Having read the manga and some of the scans, it's an excellent episode! I love the little passage where Sister Krone is murdered with the bloodthirsty flower. We now know the little story of his plush. She already had her when she was a child and so she kept up until she became Mom.

Phil is more intelligent than the trio Emma, Norman and Ray.
Mar 1, 2019 3:59 PM

Nov 2018
Di-Ansatsu said:
and the flashback was a big mistake because I don't think a lot of people are gonna relate or even care. She was a caricature of an over the top vilain and not a poor, tragic character.
"I do and many manga-readers do too"

Yeah apparently I'm the minority concerning her death. I'm fine with that. I'm sad see to some characters dying when no one else is (I'm looking at both of you, Di Roy and Aaroniero) and I don't give a shit when fan favorite characters are biting the dust (looking at you, ending of Chimera Ant arc).

Di-Ansatsu said:
an actual legit threat who should get more screentime! It's funny that when the show decide to stop wasting his time with pointless characters and actually let interesting ones do something, it's sudenly get's better! Crazy!
"Krone is not pointless. she is necessary. she's like the mini bosses you gotta defeat in order to get the big boss. you don't just have the mcs fight the big boss immediately. there gotta be obstacles first, and that's what Krone's purpose is, to serve as an obstacle for them."

I get that, like I said she was just there to show how badass and dangerous Isabella is. And while I like the idea, the execution was pretty bad in my opinion because they wasted so much time with her.

Di-Ansatsu said:
However all of this should have happened way sooner, like in episode 5 or 6. I really feel that the show wasted my time with at least three pointless episodes and I don't like this (the stuff with Krone could have been erased or reduced, the "Traitor" stuff could have been done in 1 episode and not two, erasing the supposed "character-development" of Don, etc...).
"So you want Don to just be a pointless background character with no development whatsoever? sorry man not gonna happen. character development is key to this series. This anime adaptation is already cutting out a lot of important stuff. If they adapt it like you wanted, this show would be a complete disaster."

As for Don, I prefer to stare at a blank wall than being forced to see more of his « development ». I’m not saying that character development is bad (quite the contrary, it’s actually extremely important to have that, for both main and secundary characters) but what they did with him was just terrible. And him and Gilda still have nothing interesting to offer, despite being present since eight episodes. I’m all for a show that takes his time to develope but it has to be interesting, which it wasn’t for me.

Di-Ansatsu said:
Still the show is now on the right track and I hope it will stay like this.
I hope so too. It's slowly getting better and better, and the real good stuff is near the end, unlike shield hero where the good stuff is in the beginning and now it's just getting worse and worse with every episode.[/quote]

That’s good to hear. But really the good stuff of Shield Hero was the beginning ? Shit that's quite the bad news. Almost want to watch episode 2 to see if it's actually become a funny trainwreck.
Mar 1, 2019 6:56 PM

Sep 2017
Man mom is a psycho. She was apparently part of a farm as well, so it's crazy to think she turned into such a monster. Sure her old mom became the grandma or whatever so they probably have a lot of power in this system but still.

Krone's death was really well done as well. I actually felt kinda bad for her. I had hoped she'd escape but there was no chance.

Now I swear to god if Phil is some grand mastermind that not even mom knows about I'm gonna lose my shit. At this point he seems like the random ace that could pull some big moves. They way the camera panned to him and he was looking around as Mom was carrying Emma... like god damn what's up with this kid. He's like 6 ffs.
Mar 1, 2019 7:00 PM

Sep 2012
I'm so stressed out
Mar 1, 2019 8:40 PM

May 2018
Sometimes grandmas really are the worst eh?!
Mar 1, 2019 8:41 PM

Feb 2014
Considering how wholesome Krone's love for the children(Even though faked but instilled), her death was a sad one of a cattle's.

And the ED invigorates itself to every damn cliffhanger to the show. Co shu Nie is the new generation ALI Project with the eerie music.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 1, 2019 8:49 PM

Aug 2013
xShinigami3125 said:
Great episode, but I preferred Krones death in the manga tbh, it was simply more aprupt, and surprising.

I haven't read the manga so I can't really compare, but I didn't really mind her death here since we basically saw it coming. The way the anime set it up basically triggered the "shit ain't going to be that simple" flag. So at least if we knew the death was coming they could elaborate on it a bit.

Seeing her try to fight was pointless, but mixing in the flashbacks as she died gave us a bit of comparison to her life growing up compared to the current kids. And we saw what her life consisted of by opting to take the choice to become a mom instead of getting shipped.
Mar 1, 2019 8:52 PM

Aug 2013
gadboyz said:
CrimsonTech said:
Rip flashbacks. Also who was the one in the flashback who also tried to escape?

you will find it soon

I figured from the way it was depicted that it was a young Isabelle back when "Grandma" was a mom for that plant. Could be wrong but given the context it was presented in during the episode it seems to make the most sense.
Mar 1, 2019 9:06 PM

Aug 2013
Vindicater said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
Not necessary. She is much stronger because boys are before puberty. If they had been teenagers with all the training in the world she would still have had her ass handed to her by the boys. But again those kids seem on ritalin or something. Even as an introvert kid I would still use sticks for mock sword fights , still would throw rocks at stuff. They seem a bit too docile to me. I mean no one thought of taking the knife from the kitchen to cut some fruit? No one throws a tantrum while throwing stuff? Is a bit weird to me. If they had a tv or computer I would understand those things can fry your brain especially if you are an unsupervised kid but they have a forest in the back yard.

A supremely talented and trained woman would beat two teenage boys quite easily in a fight.

Don't even need that much training. A grown woman in her twenties that knows how to throw a punch and basic grappling can easily beat the shit out of a skinny kid that's barely 12 years old.

Not sure why people are finding it so hard to believe the kids don't stand a chance against Isabelle, or that they might actually win in a fight if they grouped up. The kids exercise and run a lot, but they dont do any kind of strength training. They're fucking 12 years old and younger. They could be 15-17 year old teenagers and it wouldn't matter, because they wouldn't know how to hold their own in a fight. Meanwhile Isabelle isn't an average adult woman who can throw a punch and grapple, she has actual training to boot. That training you could see Krone doing was probably to subdue children too so she'd be even more prepared.
Mar 1, 2019 10:26 PM

Apr 2013
I have read the manga and imo the anime could be executed better, especially on how all the turns of event could be portraited with more eerie atmosphere or more surprising.

But still, I love this show so much! Can't wait to see how the rest of the show would go, since imo that moment Norman's shipment date being revealed and the shipment itself would be the climax of this season. Let's see.
A Place Further Than The Universe is the best anime so far
Mar 1, 2019 10:36 PM

Jul 2012
...holy FUCK

what an intense episode

only 4 left maaaaan. seems like there is no hope now that ray is caught in his lies and isabella knows everything. seems like krone left some stuff behind tho?
Mar 1, 2019 11:29 PM

Jun 2016
These are the episodes that make anime my #1 entertainment. DAMN! R.I.P Krone
Mar 2, 2019 12:00 AM
Jan 2018
haoody said:
haoody said:
They removed all the tension in Krone's death and I wasn't minding the lack of monologues until now. The eye-to-eye scene with Norman and Emma had the obrigation to have it. That's sad.

I just did a bad edit so you guys can "see" the quantity of content of the manga that was cut out just to keep the two facing each other.
yeah.. as a manga reader ii feel really dissapointed in this entire episode...
Mar 2, 2019 4:18 AM

Jun 2017
Holy shit, shit just got real. Sister Krone is now dead and the jig is up, there's no pretending between both sides now, no more white peace, it's an all out offensive against each other, looks like escape is almost impossible now. I really wonder what it's like outside but I don't want to read the manga until the anime finishes airing.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Mar 2, 2019 6:33 AM

Aug 2017
that was probably my favourite episode so far. sister Krones death scene was brutal and heartbreaking, made me feel sorry for her despite how creepy she is.

that jazzy song near the end was hype as fuck lol

and man the scene at the end was so unexpected, really disturbing and well made. i feel really worried for the kids now, no idea what they'll do next ><
Mar 2, 2019 9:01 AM

Apr 2011
Damn! That was amazing!!!!! What a crazy episode indeed.

Can't wait to see the next happenings ugh!

A solid 5/5

Mar 2, 2019 9:24 AM

Oct 2013
Finally a good episode.
Mar 2, 2019 9:42 AM

Oct 2017
Was that really a pen? Could be a scalpel with a cap. Or some funny device...
Mar 2, 2019 10:22 AM

Jul 2015
That episode went by really quick for me! I was confused to what Krone was doing but I guess she was being BOTH selfish and helpful to the kids. Also, I thought we'd go into a bit more about Isabella's backstory because of that one scene with her and Grandma. Man, these kids cannot catch a break! Hopefully some things go into their favor later on..
Mar 2, 2019 11:22 AM

Jun 2015
Holy shit the screams from Emma gave me goosebumps
Mar 2, 2019 12:08 PM
Oct 2016
This episode was insane. Krone`s death, her past, the confrontation with mama and everyting else was so well done. I was really surprised that sister Krone died since i thought that she would be an important character for most of the show.
Mar 2, 2019 12:11 PM

Apr 2017
holy fucking shit. literally everything fell to pieces in this episode. i'm in absolute shock right now - had me floored.
Mar 2, 2019 3:11 PM

Feb 2010
Ok.

Time to read the manga.
Mar 2, 2019 5:10 PM

Oct 2017
Oh man I didn’t think Krone was gonna die this early on. Ngl I actually feel kinda sorry for her. Those monsters sure are creepy too.

And that confrontation at the end tho. Those are some pretty brave kids but Mama seems to have gotten the best of them at this point. She’s done dealing with Ray too. I also can’t believe she hurt Emma like that. That’s gonna make it even harder for them to escape. And now it looks like Norman is gonna be shipped out next..
Mar 2, 2019 8:06 PM

Feb 2015
Krone received a letter, it says that she's gonna be changed to another house. Krone went to the door where Grandmother was waiting for her, after trying to ventilate Isabella, she was murdered by a demon (while remembering her life). Ray was planning on entertain Isabella while Emma and Norman explored the limits, but Isabella revealed Ray that Krone is gone and told him that he is fired from his spy position (apparently she knows everything). Isabella locked Ray in a room, Don threw the door when he realized that something went wrong. Isabella went to look for the explorers and found them, revealing that she knows everything, Emma tried to stole the radar, but Isabella broke her a leg (Norman recovered his bag), arrived Ray, Don and Gilda. Isabella revealed that Norman is the next.

At the beginning I didn't feel the episode that important, but with Isabella scenes, it turned really intense. I was expecting from Isabella to send Krone to another house, not to kill her. Now it got more difficult, Isabella revealed what she knows, demostrated that she can deal physically with the kids and that she's not gonna let them go.
Atlas77Jul 21, 2019 8:36 PM
Mar 2, 2019 8:28 PM

Oct 2018
Even though I knew what it'll happen, it still felt thrilling. RIP Krone. Damn things about to go down on the next episodes.

Mar 2, 2019 9:39 PM

Jul 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
Vindicater said:

A supremely talented and trained woman would beat two teenage boys quite easily in a fight.
No she will not. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsnaiuPPNr4

Fucking lol... That has nothing to do with what I said...
Mar 2, 2019 10:38 PM

Feb 2017
Well....that was unfortunate.
Mar 2, 2019 11:11 PM
Oct 2018
My goodness, the suspense!!
Mar 3, 2019 12:12 AM

Dec 2014
ok like it really took a 360 degree on this one..krone..you will be missed
Mar 3, 2019 12:47 AM

Jun 2016
So first I want to say I loved the presentation this episode. The juxtaposition between the kids eating, even a close up of sausage, to Krone being killed and being prepared as food with that classical music was out of this world and the intensity from Ray being locked up and Don setting him free and what followed was awesome.

So, in the end Krone did want to set them free it seems. If that’s right then Krone represented the former-child that wanted to take down society whereas Isabella was complacent in making sure the kids could be happy insofar as the society isn't challenged. It really reminds me of a matrix red pill-blue pill scenario. Know and face despair or live blissfully ignorant. That said, moms were kids and they were in the place of these kids once upon a time. Isabella herself was caught trying to escape. The fact that they are part of the killing and lying to of these children when they can firsthand relate with them must mentally destroy them. I bet Grandma herself gave Isabella a similar speech and did similar things to her as she did with Emma to get her to stay.

So, Isabella was what I predicted with a little bit of creepy, "for the great one" added in, but Krone took me by surprise. I thought her doll was from a lost child who was fed to demons but instead it was hers, representing the last link she had to her innocence, to her childhood, to her friends lost back then. I bet she kept it as a reminder to not go insane, as a reminder to possibly keep fighting for them as it served as a relic of her past and she refused to let it go. Either way both are as insane as you'd expect people in their situation to be and both represent different sides of it, at least in my reading: complacency and rebellion.

That was mega awesome when Isabella snapped Emma's leg. And, I think that's a flaw of sorts, for me at least. In One Piece when, for example, Arlong does awful things I get this pain in my stomach and I hate his guts because I care about the people he's doing these awful things to. Yet all I think when Isabella scares the crap out of people and snaps a kids leg as a way to force them into complacency is how cool it is and how badass scary she is. "Even if you can get out you will drag everyone down now", it’s just so brutal! It reminded me of when she flashed the tracker device the first time. Yet, if I really cared about Emma or Krone I don't think I would have been all, "wow that's so cool", I would have been bawling my eyes out or at least feeling more complex emotions around it. The only thing I personally felt this episode was some sympathy for Isabella when we saw her flashback but other than that is was pure adrenaline and 'coolness'. I did hope all the kids would attack her at once and initiate plan-escape-now but that was again from cool factor.

Breaking of the leg is a powerful decision. It is putting a lot of trust in the truth not coming out but for the most part even Don would know that if they can't escape they shouldn't tell the kids who totally can't escape on their own they're going to die. It may even get them shipped out sooner or instantly for all they know.

Interestingly the flowers bloom when they pierce someone or at least when they get blood in their roots. With death comes more life, at least symbolically. And it also proves that the flowers in the dead bodies are a literal thing in the universe and not just purely symbolic.

Good episode but one that made me realize I have no emotional connection to this cast yet, just intrigue.
Mar 3, 2019 2:01 AM

Apr 2018
So... Mother is good or bad?
Mar 3, 2019 2:56 AM

Oct 2017
This episode oh my god the tears and the chills

So effing good
Mar 3, 2019 3:49 AM
Jul 2007
Crackersauce said:
Probably one of the best episodes yet, the ending was INSANE, and Krone's death was super well done.

It was well done. I felt like it was inspired Air by Bach, the music. You know what I'm talking about if you've seen it in other shows and movies.
eraltergMar 3, 2019 3:59 AM
Mar 3, 2019 7:11 AM

Jun 2016
ShadowMage612 said:
So... Mother is good or bad?

That depends on your stance! But, I would say a mix.
Mar 3, 2019 8:12 AM
Jan 2016
Hmm, it's complicated and difficult, man...when you think your plan has already perfect, there must be something wrong and yeah it happened as fast as wind and makes your plan doesn't exist at all. Isabella is always one step ahead, yeah always...Ray shipment date, Sister Krone's elimination, and now Norman...it's difficult now to even escape because Emma is injured too. Wow, I didn't expect they'll kill Sister Krone like that and I didn't expect Isabella to broke Emma's leg like that...it's brutal...
Mar 3, 2019 8:25 AM

Aug 2010
Isabella is so scary. She makes a great villain.

Intense episode. This show was getting slow the last few episodes but it's back with the same if not more intensity now.
Mar 3, 2019 9:17 AM

Dec 2013
Sister krone was the best character in this show.
The entertainer and anti-hero/villain we didn’t deserve...she’s a legend
KnowlesMar 3, 2019 9:21 AM
Mar 3, 2019 9:20 AM

Apr 2018
nightcrawlercyp said:
Vindicater said:

Useless video since
Two teenage boys=/=average man
And it's a pretty 1 dimentional way of thinking to think that the strenght of someone is all that matter in a fight or that the only purpose of "training" is to increase said strenght and there are also the "talented" part
Mar 3, 2019 9:51 AM

Aug 2012
Akerakai said:
nightcrawlercyp said:

Useless video since
Two teenage boys=/=average man
And it's a pretty 1 dimentional way of thinking to think that the strenght of someone is all that matter in a fight or that the only purpose of "training" is to increase said strenght and there are also the "talented" part
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUS6rmNkf_k Ok,a more accurate proof. There are a lot of things to consider but men have bigger frames bigger hearts and lungs, bigger muscle and a boost of energy all thanks to testosterone. I can give you more examples if you want. I never said strength is all that matters, but in an one on one fight without weapons when the strength difference is so big as it is between men and women it does matter. That is why we have weight categories.
Mar 3, 2019 11:22 AM

Mar 2015
ooh that sound when Isabella twisted Emma's ankle was nasty.

Also rip best girl Krone, you didn't deserve to go out like this.
Mar 3, 2019 12:42 PM

Mar 2018
Finally an episode I liked. The mask has been cast away and Mama showed that she knew EVERYTHING. What a devious woman. I love her! :-)
Mar 3, 2019 1:48 PM

Jun 2012
I can't believe how they f***ed up the Krone death scene. Why does she fight in the anime? In the manga, she doesn't even try because she knows it's useless and this is the end for her but

They tried something with the music but nothing really works, that's really disappointing.
Mar 3, 2019 2:56 PM

Dec 2013
It was a great episode, but with the small changes the anime made and without the internal monologue we get from the manga, I feel like this is a step down when you compare the anime to the manga.
Mar 3, 2019 3:03 PM

Dec 2018
there's no need in showing Krone fighting to be alive lol she didnt even hesitate to go at the gates(manga) bc she knew death would come to her and that's what i liked about this whole situation. You can't predict what's gonna happen only Krone's fate!!

I dont get why they tried to dramatize her death kkkk like hell there's no DRAMA on it(and it's hella cool on Manga cause sistar Krone died with dignity and became somd martyr)
Mar 3, 2019 3:15 PM
Sep 2014
This series is heading in a different direction than I expected. I was hoping for more of a cat and mouse type show like Death Note, but with Isabelle knowing the plan and the kids admitting to it the conflict has shifted. I’m still into it, just wondering how it will maintain the tension when it’s all out in the open now.
Mar 3, 2019 3:52 PM

Jan 2013
I think I need to read the manga. How many chapters have been adapted so far?
Mar 3, 2019 4:40 PM

Oct 2013
The tension was rising throughout episode, to reach its climax in the moment in which Sister Krone died (sad moment to be honest, especially with those flashbacks of Krone's hard past and Krone's "last stand" attempt agains inevitable death from hands of a demon... poor Krone).

Mother is ruthless, to break Emma's intentionally like that.. :(

Can anyone tell me what was the meaning of that pen collected by Krone? Was it used to write something important for her plot to replace Isabella on the Mother's seat?
Mar 3, 2019 5:30 PM

Jan 2013
fuyuki said:
I think I need to read the manga. How many chapters have been adapted so far?

like 29/135

the next ep will adapt a chapter (tho more like a single panel) that had me sold to the show so i would hold on just a bit more
Mar 3, 2019 8:38 PM
Jun 2017
ohh no, norman is next!!! what shall they do to stop it from happening?

anyways i love todays episode... as it has shown that Mom still control whats happening right now in their plant....
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2019

280 by Jiborjas »»
Feb 12, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.