Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 28, 2019 5:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, more storytelling with memories coming from Shoji.

We also got to learn more about Eleonore's actions including the drinking of the Aqua Vitae. I'd say, Shoji lived a tough life in this time period having endured the hardship. These latest episodes have added a perspective to his story that have been important.

Oh Masaru....
Stark700Feb 28, 2019 7:03 AM
Feb 28, 2019 7:24 AM

Feb 2013
Sadayoshi is one sick bastard.
Feb 28, 2019 8:05 AM

Jul 2017
The storytelling ensues...and the truth we all finally needed, the pieces are finally put together.

More infodump from the real Shoji and Eleonore, who has dawned her other persona of Shirogane, all because of Shoji a.k.a Dean Maistre. And I've gotta say, Dean goes to ultimate lengths to realize his ambitions of the download theory (which initially was confusing but this episode clarified to greater lengths). To pose as the Shirogane Shoji in Automata form is just sick and unruly.

And...his plan from Episode 8 or 9, where the clans fight over the illegimate Masaru, the puppet. Can't believe that the link to everything was the Aqua Vitae, and with his 2 fold plan that Saiga posing as Masaru and feeding false information to Eleanore a.k.a Shirogane is going strong.

Overall feelings of the storytelling these past episodes have been mostly misses, but with this episode, the cat is out of the bag, and consequences are deadly. Not to mention that Masaru is now posed as Shoji who has downloaded his data successfully into him, he's gonna be in for a rude awakening.

Hopefully the quality of the future episodes increase coz its finally getting back into the pace.
KANLen09Feb 28, 2019 8:25 AM
Feb 28, 2019 8:48 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
KANLen09 said:
The storytelling ensues...and the truth we all finally needed, the pieces are finally put together.

More infodump from the real Shoji and Eleonore, who has dawned her other persona of Shirogane, all because of Shoji a.k.a Dean Maistre. And I've gotta say, Dean goes to ultimate lengths to realize his ambitions of the download theory (which initially was confusing but this episode clarified to greater lengths). To pose as the Shirogane Shoji in Automata form is just sick and unruly.

And...his plan from Episode 8 or 9, where the clans fight over the illegimate Masaru, the puppet. Can't believe that the link to everything was the Aqua Vitae, and with his 2 fold plan that Saiga posing as Masaru and feeding false information to Eleanore a.k.a Shirogane is going strong.

Overall feelings of the storytelling these past episodes have been mostly misses, but with this episode, the cat is out of the bag, and consequences are deadly. Not to mention that Masaru is now posed as Shoji who has downloaded his data successfully into him, he's gonna be in for a rude awakening.

Hopefully the quality of the future episodes increase coz its finally getting back into the pace.

Damn, you just took the words right out of my mouth!
Excellent summary of the episode too!

It’s amazing how the unraveling of the mysteries of the previous 4-5 episodes finally click in now, thanks to the solid base of the mysteries that were dealt with and explored in this episode! Poor Saiga though, he played right into Sadayoshi’s hands and it totally wrecked him for sure. One could argue that he and Guy could come up with better ideas and I honestly have to agree with that, but I think that just goes to show that they still had lingering doubts in their minds to which Sadayoshi managed to take advantage of (unconsciously at that too, given he’s shocked expression when finding out he was played too and would’ve to wait longer to move to the next phase of his grand immortality plan). It’s a little funny how Sadayoshi’s grief and evil intentions are based of ‘unrequited love’ yet again, rejected men really don’t go too well in this show, right?

I’ve a feeling we’ll be having one more backstory episode to put this case to an end and moving on with the present events, so definitely looking forward to seeing how they manage to end this! Eleonore and Saiga aren’t in the best of situations either, so things could spell trouble once we revert back to the present events.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 28, 2019 12:52 PM

Jul 2015
sadayoshi lol
its going back hopefully to where we should be
well interesting, now we know much more about the characters

Well...
Feb 28, 2019 5:49 PM

Feb 2014
So Masaru's dad was the bad guy all along, and to think at the beginning we feel bad for him because his death puts Masaru in this predicament, certainly didn't not see that twist coming.
Mar 1, 2019 1:39 AM

Feb 2014
The pieces are finally made into a puzzle set. The gears are finally moving showing the crooked destiny.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 1, 2019 2:18 AM

Jan 2011
This is some 4D chess level stuff.
Mar 1, 2019 4:12 AM

Aug 2013
Interesting episode.

More backstory.

Mar 1, 2019 7:56 AM

May 2009
So Faceless Commander was Sadayoshi. That's why his voice sound so familiar.

Guess who also is voiced by Toshio Furukawa.
bastek66Mar 1, 2019 8:14 AM
Mar 1, 2019 9:43 AM

Dec 2014
each episode..bring about a new surprize...such a good series
Mar 1, 2019 10:14 AM

May 2018
Whoa , so this episode suggest that Masasu and Eleanor were the bad guys, since Sadayoshi has downloaded his memories unto Masaru. It's jaz a matter of time until Sadayoshi awakens in Masaru.
Mar 4, 2019 10:58 AM

Jan 2016
Please, please, no more backstory! No more flashbacks! I can't take it anymore.
Mar 4, 2019 1:51 PM
Jan 2019
only one episode and it's finished personally i love backstory :)
May 23, 2019 2:38 PM

Jun 2014
Sadayoshi is truly the most evil character out of them all!

What will happen to Masaru now?

Jul 17, 2019 3:26 PM

Jul 2015
Holy fuck Sadayoshi is as big a nutjob as Jin but his planning skill is some next level shit, to already have planned more than 10 years ahead and that everything follows that plan, just wow

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 36 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2019

51 by ohnaur »»
Dec 5, 2023 2:19 AM

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2019

26 by ohnaur »»
Dec 3, 2023 2:34 AM

» Was it well received in japan?

SinDrake - Nov 15, 2023

3 by SinDrake »»
Nov 17, 2023 11:45 AM

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 34 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2019

20 by DANIELLL224 »»
Oct 16, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Karakuri Circus Episode 31 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2019

22 by Dawizz »»
Aug 17, 2023 12:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.