Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2019 5:17 PM

Nov 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Gotta love it how everyone turns into a nice guy xD

Like I said, wasn't a big fan of this arc, but the way things were wrapped up was pretty good. And I didn't expect to see a death, R.I.P. Lien.

Now I'm curious to see the first contact with the Underworld Cooking Society.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 10, 2019 8:55 AM

Sep 2011
So Meika and Chouyu did love each other from the start, but similar to the couple Mao helped a few episodes ago, her father wanted her to marry the best chef. She didn't just sit and wait for her fate to be decided in a competition though, and used that poisoned needle.

But the regret of having used an underhanded method haunted her on her deathbed. But in the end, Lien was able to find out the whole truth and I guess that he did forgive her. Watching him commit suicide, like twice with the poison and by just standing there as he was burned alive, was hard. I'm sure it left a big impression on Mao, and the cooking underworld will know his name.

And I know that looks aren't everything and all, especially when it comes to the way you feel, but as a side comment I wanted to say that Lien was way hotter than Chouyu, even with the scars. lol
May 24, 2021 8:04 AM

Jul 2015
Good to know Mao didn't just rip out the pages for the fun of it.

Despite Lien's cowardly means for his revenge, its sad to find out the girl he loved from the bottom of his heart had sabotaged him.

Jan 10, 1:25 AM
Dec 2015
still one of my fav episorde from this anime

kinda feel bad for lien not gonna lie. having your crush one poisoned your for other dude.

More topics from this board

» Is Cooking Master Boy popular in China ?

KingSunWukong - Jan 29

1 by AnimeTheOVA »»
Feb 1, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Chuuka Ichiban! Episode 15 Discussion - The Plump Plum

Ckan - Jul 26, 2014

5 by wildhood »»
Aug 8, 2022 5:00 AM

Poll: » Chuuka Ichiban! Episode 4 Discussion - Beating it.

Ckan - Apr 10, 2014

4 by wildhood »»
Apr 10, 2022 2:57 PM

Poll: » Chuuka Ichiban! Episode 16 Discussion - Divining Tools

Ckan - Jul 26, 2014

4 by mineme »»
Jan 11, 2022 4:41 AM

Poll: » Chuuka Ichiban! Episode 10 Discussion - GOMU GOMU NO NOODLE

Ckan - Apr 19, 2014

5 by ZeroMamba »»
Oct 10, 2021 3:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.