Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 27, 2019 6:09 AM

Jan 2018
Look at these new annoucements, i mean, oh my good, this is so amazing!!!! Shame that this Pokemon is not set in Pokemon China-based region but man these starter Pokemon looks amazing!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFues4zhUW4
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 27, 2019 6:12 AM

Apr 2011
I fucking love Sobble.
#TeamWater.

The rabbit looks awesome too, but the chameleon is just too damn cute.
Feb 27, 2019 6:17 AM
Haruna Sairenji

Jan 2017
Sobble looks really nice so for now that will be my choice.
The names are pretty average, but I love how the region and characters look.
Pretty hyped for further information about it.
Anyone knows which country the region is based off?
Feb 27, 2019 6:20 AM

May 2016
I'm a bit hyped for this! Sounds awesome, the starters look a bit lame though.

Feb 27, 2019 6:21 AM

Jan 2018
KushHaze said:

Possibly Canada.
Feb 27, 2019 6:33 AM

Mar 2013
First for Sword > Shield.
Can't wait to play but I must say I'm not in love with the starter...Maybe they will grow in me.
Now just give me new pokemon with good design, make the game not too easy and we are good.
Just hope the map won't be too linear (from the first artwork it seems to be the case but let's wait for more info).
TanmaFeb 27, 2019 6:36 AM
Feb 27, 2019 7:00 AM

Jul 2009
Yay for another mainline Pokemon game! The visual upgrade looks really nice.

But seriously though the starters look kinda lame tbh. Didn't we have like 3-4 grass monkeys already lol?
Feb 27, 2019 7:12 AM

Sep 2014
#TeamSobble for the win.

Galar looks stunning and I love the snowy parts of the region.
Feb 27, 2019 7:14 AM

Apr 2010
People are saying the region is based off the UK, which I can definitely see.

The one mechanic I wanted from Let's Go is not there though. Seeing pokemon on the overworld was one of the few things I liked about those games.

I'm not feeling any of the starters either, but I'll wait to see what their evolutions look like.
Feb 27, 2019 7:24 AM

Oct 2018
Skittles said:

counting it's potential 3 stage evolution, that'd be 5 grass monkeys,
Pansage and it's evolution are the other group. If you count all the simian Pokemon, that'd be at least 18 Pokemon inspired by monkeys.
OT: Looks great, not gonna get it though, as I have no plans to buy a Switch in the first place.
also wtf is with the names of the starters smh -.-
Summertime days, passing gently
Sunlight, leading to an encounter;
Dreams that don't want to end
Continue onwards toward the next day
While she waits in the air.
Feb 27, 2019 7:25 AM

Aug 2016
Not as excited as everyone else seems to be, but they look pretty good so far. The starters are cute, the region looks interesting, and it looks like a good mix of Sun/Moon and Let's Go graphically. I'm trying to keep my expectations in check after Sun/Moon, but Gen 8 has made a good first impression.
Feb 27, 2019 7:34 AM

Feb 2015
Had low expectations going into this, but the trailer looked pretty nice. But I would need more details before deciding on getting this. For the starter, I'll probably go with Scorbunny, but it'll depend on what the final forms look like.
Feb 27, 2019 7:49 AM

Jan 2018
These starters kinda look like fakemon ngl.
Feb 27, 2019 7:53 AM

Feb 2018
Nico_Nico_NEET said:
These starters kinda look like fakemon ngl.
Lol I thought the same

But I will buy it anyway cause it's gonna be cool

Feb 27, 2019 7:54 AM

Nov 2016
Now I have another reason to get a Switch. If I get It I'm gonna get Shield Version.

About the starters, All i can say is... FUCK SOBBLE. He looks like a Bootleg Mudkip but even more stupid. The other 2 starters look good AF. If I can only get 1 game, I'm gonna go with Grookey and then get the other 2 via trading.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 27, 2019 8:15 AM

Dec 2015
The new region looks amazing. Currently on team Sobble but I need to see the evolutions first
Feb 27, 2019 8:29 AM

Mar 2015
KushHaze said:

The UK apparently.

Starters look kinda eh imo, but the monkey is pretty cute.

I like the look of the region so far, especially that cave or mine. Still hoping that these games are gonna have the overworld pokemon feature which was in Let's Go.
Feb 27, 2019 8:37 AM

Nov 2008
Everything seems decent so far especially the return of random encounters. Also, the region is basically the UK flipped backwards and a tad steampunk as well. Hopefully, the Pokemon Go mechanics will be gone from these games.

Feb 27, 2019 8:40 AM

Dec 2014
So they kept the art style from the 3DS games but obviously are utilising the more powerful hardware on the Switch to make these really nice looking environments.
Feb 27, 2019 9:00 AM

Jul 2015
Here's a link to a high-res map of the region if anyone is interested

There's actually quite a bit of information to gleam from this. Pretty easy to spot various gyms and location details.
Feb 27, 2019 9:02 AM

Oct 2018
Skittles said:

But seriously though the starters look kinda lame tbh. Didn't we have like 3-4 grass monkeys already lol?
The sad thing is that I can easily name 3 pokemon that look like each of the starters. They're running out of ideas and the bunny one ''Scorbunny's'' name just reminds me of Charizard cause of the name contractions such as Scorch Bunny and Charcoal Lizard. OwO

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Feb 27, 2019 9:06 AM

Jan 2018
L_o_l_i said:
Skittles said:

The sad thing is that I can easily name 3 pokemon that look like each of the starters. They're running out of ideas and the bunny one ''Scorbunny's'' name just reminds me of Charizard cause of the name contractions such as Scorch Bunny and Charcoal Lizard. OwO

Game Freak should hire more foreigners since they know more ideas about it.

A lot of video games is being developed by an pure Japanese and few foreigners made the video games in Japan about, because Japan has an low immigration rate.
Feb 27, 2019 9:20 AM
Apr 2017
We've all seen it haven't we. Obviously the best part is the return of the pokeathlon's football minigame.
Feb 27, 2019 9:43 AM

Dec 2018
I can't wait!

I've read articles to say that Galar is based upon the UK which is great, it'll be interesting to see how it looks and which areas they've based it upon considering I'm from the UK myself.

Also,

#TeamGrass.
Feb 27, 2019 10:21 AM

Oct 2017
All the starters look awful and also Meltan. Gen 8 seems to be a good contender to be the generation with the worst designs.

The game looks awesome tho, did you see these caves and cities?? SO GOOD!

Feb 27, 2019 11:03 AM

Dec 2013
The reason I picked up gen 7 after 10+ years of not buying a Pokemon games was because it looked like they were finally making some changes. It seems like their strategy was successful and they're continuing the progress. I did not expect having to buy another Pokemon game so soon again, but this looks promising!
Feb 27, 2019 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
Well it wasn't better than I thought still good enough. Positive thing that this was NOT lets go whatever edition 2.0 and most importantly they are bringing the gym back so !yay!

the starters starting to grow on me and looks better than gen7 starters for me except for the water starter which hopefully the final evolution will be amazing.

Very dissapointed that some graphics (especially pokemon sprites) feels like ripped from s&m and didn't changed much. Only best thing so far is the world design. That giving me feeling that the new gen8 anime will be awesome.
Feb 27, 2019 11:27 AM

Oct 2014
The onething that worries me is that the map looks so linear.
Feb 27, 2019 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
it looks ok not a big fan of the starters but i'll probably pick Scorbunny at the moment im also concerned how the map looks pretty linear a bit sad we didnt get to see the legendarys

but overall its ok though Pokemon isnt really what im hyped about at the moment im more hyped and care more about Devil May Cry 5
Feb 27, 2019 2:51 PM

Jul 2015
Bourmegar said:
The onething that worries me is that the map looks so linear.

Pokemon games have always been extremely linear, so I don't think the region's design is really going to make a difference in that regard. There's an intended order the major cities you go to and the badges you collect, and any times you can sort of branch away are usually roadblocked by some kind of HM you need.

Plus after scrubbing the big map they posted on the website (here's a link if you wanna see for yourself), there's a pretty extensive train system that runs through a large part of the region, along with other pathways outside that. If we actually get access to using the train, it could end up being less linear than it might seem.
Feb 27, 2019 3:14 PM
Apr 2018
Grookey gang all the way. Its stick was the best part.

Next announcement: Aegislash will be the games' mascot and be more powerful than Arceus.
Feb 27, 2019 3:21 PM

May 2016
SaiDrew said:

Next announcement: Aegislash will be the games' mascot and be more powerful than Arceus.

I hear speculation Grookey is based off the monkey king! It'd be rad if its stick became its staff.

Feb 27, 2019 3:29 PM
Apr 2018
Ponds667 said:
SaiDrew said:

I hear speculation Grookey is based off the monkey king! It'd be rad if its stick became its staff.
Oh, that's a good guess; I hadn't thought about the monkey from the tale tbh: I was thinking it might turn into a sword. Either way, it would be so cool if Grookey kept it while evolving.
Feb 27, 2019 3:38 PM

Apr 2016
Whats the OMG for? literally looks like a cell phone game. I was expecting something on a much larger scale tbh. But anyway, the water pokemon is the best one imo.
Feb 27, 2019 3:58 PM

Sep 2012
This is what Sun/Moon should've been but Gamefreak is incredible incompetent so you can't expect much.

I like a lot of what I'm seeing aside from the awful starting pokemon designs, hopefully is not a heavily scripted/cutscene heavy title as last generation or a cashgrab like last year's game.
Feb 27, 2019 4:31 PM

Sep 2018
As a diehard pokémon fan I’m beyond excited. I even watched the direct instead of getting ready for school. After being pretty disappointed last years game was yet ANOTHER kanto remake I’m finally glad we got gen 8. I think the game looks awesome in my opinion. When I first saw the starters I was disappointed, but it’s only been a few hours and they have SERIOUSLY grown on me. I would die for sobble and grookey. I can’t wait to hear more about this game....Happy Pokémon Day everyone
Feb 27, 2019 11:11 PM

Jul 2014
I'm a little disappointing tbh. Gameplay wise it doesn't look like a huge step-up from the 3DS. Plus, the characters faces still aren't animated.

I guess only time will tell. :) I might pick this up. I lost interest in Pokemon since after X/Y. I was hoping this game would get me back into the series but there's a lot to catch up on.
Feb 28, 2019 7:23 AM

Aug 2012
Like every Pokemon game, i start with water, so Sobble it is.
Feb 28, 2019 9:46 AM

Sep 2014
I have no idea why there are people expecting openworld-like type of gameplay in a main Pokemon series. If that has to occur sometimes it will most likely happen in a spin-off game. Currently, Pokemon always had stick to the same formula and it's like that because their target audience is primarily children and neophyte gamer. And thank you it seems that gameplay-wise it will surpass the Pokemon let's go and we'll come back to a more interesting gameplay such like sun and moon. Altough I'd rather have got a more ambitious pokemon entry, I'm still really confident into this one since the huge improvement they made from XY to sun and moon.
Feb 28, 2019 10:03 AM
Apr 2017
-Senpapi said:
Whats the OMG for? literally looks like a cell phone game. I was expecting something on a much larger scale tbh. But anyway, the water pokemon is the best one imo.

It really, really doesn't. Have you seen mobile games?
Feb 28, 2019 12:10 PM

Mar 2017
This game is complete and utter garbage. It's the same shit as every other Pokemon game. The gameplay and everything is the same. Imagine being hyped up for another garbage Pokemon game with no improvement nor innovation whatsoever. Couldn't be me
Feb 28, 2019 12:44 PM

Dec 2015
The video is now unavailable.
Feb 28, 2019 12:49 PM
May 2018
I think I heard something that now exist some Pokemon Red, Green, and Blue version from which you can transfer Pokemon to the later generations.

Does anyone knows about it?
I was interested for a while now to get into series from the very beginning, and to be able to do that would be really cool.

And another question, I am aware that in the past you had to personally link your console with someone else's, to trade Pokemon, or do battles, which was probably bad news for those people who didn't know others who also played those games.

In current age, is it possible to connect online, and play/trade this way with others, and/or maybe be a part of some events which rewards with rare Pokemons, or similar things?

IRL, I know only few gamers, and none of them plays Pokemon.
Feb 28, 2019 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
The graphics are way better than in Let's Go and the colors look better and not so overly shiny.
It's UK now and the starters look cute. TeamWater for me until we see the evolutions. The water lizard is a cute thing. 😍
removed-userFeb 28, 2019 1:18 PM
Feb 28, 2019 1:51 PM
Oct 2018
next they're going to have Pokemon spoon and fork
Feb 28, 2019 2:03 PM
Jul 2018
-Senpapi said:

I thought that about the starter designs. They are sweet, but they look so round and... normal, like these generic smartphone monster games. Not only that, the redesigns from old pokemon became gradually much rounder and cuter etc.
Feb 28, 2019 3:52 PM

Apr 2011
Psajdak said:
I think I heard something that now exist some Pokemon Red, Green, and Blue version from which you can transfer Pokemon to the later generations.

Does anyone knows about it?
I was interested for a while now to get into series from the very beginning, and to be able to do that would be really cool.

And another question, I am aware that in the past you had to personally link your console with someone else's, to trade Pokemon, or do battles, which was probably bad news for those people who didn't know others who also played those games.

In current age, is it possible to connect online, and play/trade this way with others, and/or maybe be a part of some events which rewards with rare Pokemons, or similar things?

IRL, I know only few gamers, and none of them plays Pokemon.

Online battling has been part of Pokemon since Gen 4. Gen 6 introduced Wonder Trade, which allows you trade with a random stranger.
Feb 28, 2019 4:01 PM

Dec 2014
Sword and Shield? Eventually they're going to run out of words and the next pokemon will be. Pokemon; Salt & Pepper.
Feb 28, 2019 4:06 PM

Nov 2013
Tonyic said:
Sword and Shield? Eventually they're going to run out of words and the next pokemon will be. Pokemon; Salt & Pepper.

Pokemon Salt & Sugar would make a lot more sense, though.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Feb 28, 2019 4:11 PM

Dec 2014
KRKodama said:
Tonyic said:

Pokemon Salt & Sugar would make a lot more sense, though.

I thought about it, but sweetness makes a better opposite for bitterness. So, I just did salt and pepper.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is 8 gb vram enough these days?

Cnon - Mar 5

20 by loligoth666 »»
2 hours ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

26 by loligoth666 »»
3 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

140 by loligoth666 »»
3 hours ago

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games?

Dumb - Feb 11

49 by loligoth666 »»
5 hours ago

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3508 by loligoth666 »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.