Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 27, 2019 5:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Geez, Naofumi is getting stronger everyday in this series. The fight felt kinda strange though especially against that dragon.

I mean, Naofumi practically went berserk to fight and unleashed his builtup rage after Firo's fakeout death. The monster he fought was also unusually strong since its body wasn't properly discarded at the time. Quite an action packed episode. At least they managed to survive through that. Raphtalia got injured quite a bit.
Stark700Feb 27, 2019 7:52 AM
Feb 27, 2019 6:55 AM

Apr 2018
I would go berserk too if some random zombie dragon eat my loli birds, lol
Feb 27, 2019 7:18 AM
Mar 2018
The only thing I disliked from this episode was how the Zombie dragon looked and animated. Compared to the manga and LN, it just looked odd. At least the CG was decent.

Other than that, great episode! Naofumi’s rage was portrayed excellently and it looked much scarier compared to the source material.
Feb 27, 2019 7:22 AM

Sep 2018
I expected the zombie dragon to look more "gooey", so to speak. That said, I thought the CG was pretty good and the animation was done well. The build up to Naofumi summoning his Shield of Wrath for the first time was great and more impactful than in the manga.
Feb 27, 2019 8:01 AM

Jul 2014
Freaking CG.....
Feb 27, 2019 8:06 AM
Feb 2019
From the point of view of someone with no knowledge of the manga or webnovel, this episode is quite a dissapointment.

I mean, the build up to Naofumi's Rage Shield was awesome, but the tension suddenly just dropped when Firo was shown to be alive, and is the one who actualy killed the dragon. The true power of Curse Series isn't really shown clearly, ruining all the hype that's been happening for the past week. This episode just lost tension way too quickly.
Feb 27, 2019 8:09 AM
Apr 2018
Honestly, I don’t like the fact that filo can get eaten and stay alive without any further questions... I’m pretty sure, this won’t be the last time plot-armor came to use...
( nothing special against plot armor but I just didn’t really expect it in this anime)
Feb 27, 2019 8:23 AM

Feb 2019
If filo would have died it would Actually makes his actions have consequences and the world would feel dangerous.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Feb 27, 2019 8:37 AM

Mar 2016
I will admit I was quite surprised when Kirito made a mistake.

I guess all three of the heroes have made some sort of mistake that Naofumi will end up correcting.

I like the bird Filo a lot more. lol.

The only thing I didn't like was that they gave us a fake death.
Feb 27, 2019 8:40 AM

Jul 2014
Almost_Satan said:
If filo would have died it would Actually makes his actions have consequences and the world would feel dangerous.

And spend the rest of the show without loli chicken? I am pretty sure Japs will be sending the author death threats by now if he did that.
Feb 27, 2019 8:41 AM

May 2018
This is defiantly one of my favorite episodes of the season so far. I loved Naofumi's portrayal of rage, and got really excited when he was deflecting the dragons foot. The dragon looked all right, and the only thing i didn't really like is how anti-climatic it was when Filo just came out of the dragon. And my girl Raphtalia is getting baited again...
Feb 27, 2019 8:42 AM

Nov 2016
Decent episode. I'm not really satisfied with how the situation was handled, but at least some significant story elements were addressed this time.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 27, 2019 9:02 AM
Sep 2018
This episode isn't worth complaining about and this series isn't worth watching anymore, I'm out.
Feb 27, 2019 9:03 AM

Oct 2018
I thought Rapthalia would stop Naofumi from going completely berserk(like in the opening), but I would've liked to see more of it

Aside from that, I really liked this episode, it was my favourite so far
I hope we will see more of that curse shield in the future, and I hope we get to see the second wave soon too

Btw I hope no-one has actually believed Filo would die, she's a main character, obviously she won't die right at episode 8
Feb 27, 2019 9:08 AM
Jun 2015
Is no one worried about the title of the next episode, "Melty"? Hate that bitch.
Feb 27, 2019 9:12 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode. Really enjoyed it.

Feb 27, 2019 9:13 AM
Nov 2018
Codi_Lee said:
Is no one worried about the title of the next episode, "Melty"? Hate that bitch.
Melty is ok, you probably hate Malty.
Feb 27, 2019 9:13 AM

Apr 2015
This episode could have been worse, better than last week.

The directing is absolute garbage when it came to the dragon scene, other than the activation which was decent, the dragon literally just stood there and did nothing whatsoever. Filo's death just felt random, tension is here and there.

I do actually, like the development.

4/5
Feb 27, 2019 9:16 AM
Jun 2015
FreezePeach said:
Codi_Lee said:
Wait, what? Who is Melty then?
Feb 27, 2019 9:17 AM

Dec 2017
Naofumi is biggest jerk. He just denied the offer of sleeping with raphtalia and filo, who would deny such a thing

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Feb 27, 2019 9:19 AM

Aug 2018
Codi_Lee said:
FreezePeach said:

Feb 27, 2019 9:20 AM
Nov 2018
So the shield hero is cleaning up the messes of what other arrogant heroes had left behind. Thought he's gonna show more curse and darkness power in this fight. Filo ended that dragon in the end. Nothing much to say in this ep.The ending song is great.

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Feb 27, 2019 9:21 AM
Jun 2015
Cleckeroo said:
Codi_Lee said:

Cleckeroo said:
Codi_Lee said:

Oh okay, thanks lol. I honestly haven't been caring about characters other than the main and the king and Malty suck so I definitely didn't think about that.
Feb 27, 2019 9:23 AM

Jan 2012
about time naofumi bout to kick some ass
Feb 27, 2019 9:23 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I admit, i got scared.
good episode like the other ones
Feb 27, 2019 9:27 AM

Jun 2015
Damn this episode was eeeepic. Naofumi is the best eeeever.
Feb 27, 2019 9:35 AM

Aug 2018
Kinema did a good job of portraying Naofumi's Rage, it's much scarier than the LN and Manga.

Ever since I read the manga and LN, I have a problem with this part where Filo just came out and defeated the Zombie in its insides because that is the very definition of plot armor.
The CG wasn't that bad either and they did a good job of showing how Naofumi is afraid of losing Raphtalia and Filo.
Overall I enjoy the episode because it has progress by unlocking the Cursed Shield and Naofumi showing that he cared for his companions like a family member.

PS: The Shield's design is much cooler in the Manga and LN.
Feb 27, 2019 9:38 AM

Jul 2014
Meh I didn't like this episode that much tbh.

IIRC in the manga it was his fault that Filo got eaten because her slave mark shocked her when she didn't listen to him, hence why he got nuts.

His reaction to filo getting eaten was pretty weak, it's not like he lost his mind the moment she got eaten and he has no reason to hate the other 2 heroes at this point no? it seems like was just consumed by evil thoughts rather then madness tbh. Also, for some reason, I always imagined it Naofumi's flames as black ones rather than just normal flames.
Devil_SlayerFeb 27, 2019 9:41 AM
Feb 27, 2019 9:39 AM

Aug 2018
Codi_Lee said:
Cleckeroo said:

Cleckeroo said:

Oh okay, thanks lol. I honestly haven't been caring about characters other than the main and the king and Malty suck so I definitely didn't think about that.

Your welcome :) Sorry for spoiling you btw but that will answer your question.
Feb 27, 2019 9:43 AM

Mar 2014
That scared the crap out of me when Filo got eaten. It really looked like she died there for a second ;~;

Lol Naofumi triggered a rare double pout

Also nice coincidence that Rising of the Shield Hero premiered an episode today on the same day that Pokemon Sword and Shield were revealed~
Feb 27, 2019 9:44 AM

Jul 2015
meh its getting worse episode by episode but still enjoyable
well raphtalia got pretty injured
naofumi pulling out my most hated cliche with going berserk and getting power straight outta his asshole

Well...
Feb 27, 2019 9:49 AM

Aug 2018
Devil_Slayer said:
Meh I didn't like this episode that much tbh.

IIRC in the manga it was his fault that Filo got eaten because her slave mark shocked her when she didn't listen to him, hence why he got nuts.

His reaction to filo getting eaten was pretty weak, it's not like he lost his mind the moment she got eaten and he has no reason to hate the other 2 heroes at this point no? it seems like was just consumed by evil thoughts rather then madness tbh

It's still his fault tbh because he called her while kicking in mid air causing Filo to be distracted, but yeah the slave mark is the one that distract Filo in the Manga.

The animation failed to exaggerate his rage while seeing Filo was eaten, instead the anime shows flashbacks of Filo during episode 5-8. The Curse will fuel his flames in his heart to exaggerate his rage.

Edited: I also imagined that his flames are black rather than red.
Feb 27, 2019 9:54 AM
Nov 2018
I dont want to be that guy, but the quality of the show is declining, the last few eps are making me feel disappointed each wednesday-this should be the highlight of my wednesday bruh.
Feb 27, 2019 9:56 AM

Mar 2016
I have a soft spot for main protagonists going apeshit, so I got what I wanted. I just wished he stomped the fuck outta that zombie dragon instead of getting saved mentally by Raphtalia again.

As for the CG, while I'm still apprenhensive, it's not THAT bad, imo. It's definitely far better than the disastrous shit from ep 12 or Overlord 3, without question.
Feb 27, 2019 9:59 AM

Dec 2016
So one minute Naofumi acts like a dick and wonders whether the people in the sickened village will manage to outlive their money supply, the next he wants to run off and deal with a big pile of rotting dragon meat by ... chopping it up with a pickaxe? Oh my, how edgy.

His little hate episode would have had more impact if the bad characters in this series had any substance. Or had been anywhere to be seen in the last four episodes. As it is, I laughed out loud when his hate-powers started to manifest and the curse asked him "do you hate everything?!!??". It doesn't get more emo than that.

There's also the small fact that he doesn't have any reason to hate everything at this point. Even to begin with he spent less than a week down on his luck; he got his slave and started to make money not long after that. I guess we're supposed to think him going full rage mode is justified because of how conveniently annoying the villians in the show have been.

I did like the foreshadowing when Filo ate the fruit, which was then mistaken for blood. I'll admit that I didn't make that connection until after they explained it. The animation when the dragon ate her was pretty amusing as well.
Feb 27, 2019 10:03 AM

Jul 2014
SSL443 said:
So one minute Naofumi acts like a dick and wonders whether the people in the sickened village will manage to outlive their money supply, the next he wants to run off and deal with a big pile of rotting dragon meat by ... chopping it up with a pickaxe? Oh my, how edgy.

His little hate episode would have had more impact if the bad characters in this series had any substance. Or had been anywhere to be seen in the last four episodes. As it is, I laughed out loud when his hate-powers started to manifest and the curse asked him "do you hate everything?!!??". It doesn't get more emo than that.

There's also the small fact that he doesn't have any reason to hate everything at this point. Even to begin with he spent less than a week down on his luck; he got his slave and started to make money not long after that. I guess we're supposed to think him going full rage mode is justified because of how conveniently annoying the villians in the show have been.

I did like the foreshadowing when Filo ate the fruit, which was then mistaken for blood. I'll admit that I didn't make that connection until after they explained it. The animation when the dragon ate her was pretty amusing as well.

I am not sure, but the rage shield just fills him with negative emotions all the time hence why he act like a dick and pretty cold for people around except the one that are close to him.

Cleckeroo said:
Kinema did a good job of portraying Naofumi's Rage, it's much scarier than the LN and Manga.

Ever since I read the manga and LN, I have a problem with this part where Filo just came out and defeated the Zombie in its insides because that is the very definition of plot armor.
The CG wasn't that bad either and they did a good job of showing how Naofumi is afraid of losing Raphtalia and Filo.
Overall I enjoy the episode because it has progress by unlocking the Cursed Shield and Naofumi showing that he cared for his companions like a family member.

The ragd shield is a fucking TANK in the manga.

I dunno man, I didn't get that ominous and evil vibes from the rage shield from this episode unlike the manga where it's just straight up madness
BarnaldMar 2, 2019 1:45 AM
Feb 27, 2019 10:12 AM

Nov 2014
CG was prett decent. Episode was good, but I think it didn't have enough kick. His emotions weren't shown good enough, everything was too short.
Feb 27, 2019 10:13 AM

Apr 2018
Fantastic episode, Naofumi was badass af and i loved it
Feb 27, 2019 10:14 AM

Aug 2018
SSL443 said:

At first he hates how powerless he was before the curse starts and then the curse fuels his rage by making him remember what happened to him in the 1st and 4th episode and how he hates the world he is in now.

If you remember in episode 4 he already unlocks the curse series so even if he forgot about the situation in that episode, the curse will always reminds him on that situation and ignites his rage to the full extent.

Devil_Slayer said:
Cleckeroo said:

The ragd shield is a fucking TANK in the manga.

I dunno man, I didn't get that ominous and evil vibes from the rage shield from this episode unlike the manga where it's just straight up madness

Yeah I agree with you, I didn't get that ominous either form the shield but Naofumi himself has this ominous aura and I think it's better than having the Shield being ominous.
BarnaldMar 2, 2019 1:45 AM
Feb 27, 2019 10:19 AM

Aug 2018
Such a nice episode, I loved Naofumi's kind of hidden power ! Though it brings him a deal : getting more power by himself but consuming everything around or just letting things as they are and counting on his friends's power. An interesting interaction.

Thank god I read twice next episode's title : I almost thought it would be dedicated to the biggest bitch of Winter 2019.
Feb 27, 2019 10:22 AM
Nov 2016
Man that was action packed! Hope Raphtalia gets okay soon...
Feb 27, 2019 10:23 AM

Apr 2007
Not quite as good as i'd hoped it to be. They didn't add the part I was looking forward to the most..but it was still good.

Curse series was done well and Raphtalia is still a great support to Naofumi that keeps him from falling off the right path.
Feb 27, 2019 10:23 AM

Aug 2018
Devil_Slayer said:
SSL443 said:

I am not sure, but the rage shield just fills him with negative emotions all the time hence why he act like a dick and pretty cold for people around except the one that are close to him.

Yep this true the curse is the one who fuels the rage and also while being not activated it alters the personality of the user.
Feb 27, 2019 10:27 AM
Nov 2016
But seriously, I hope this series gets better soon because the last few weren't that great.
Feb 27, 2019 10:30 AM

Jul 2015
Codi_Lee said:

It's actually Bitch's younger sister.

Feb 27, 2019 10:31 AM

Aug 2018
Piromysl said:
Codi_Lee said:

It's actually Bitch's younger sister.

Atleast put some spoiler tags between your statement because it's a spoiler. Sorry but other users who only watch the anime may saw it.
Feb 27, 2019 10:34 AM

Dec 2016
Devil_Slayer said:

In other words he is an ass because that's what the story needs.
Feb 27, 2019 10:35 AM

Mar 2016
For how long will they be doing these quests? I mean they are not bad but nothing special, but first 5 episodes where they interacted with other heroes were so much better.
Feb 27, 2019 10:36 AM

Nov 2011
SSL443 said:

He still has a raging hate boner for Malty/Myne, the King, and the people who treated him poorly before he went about being the bird god saint. And the shield of Wrath is meant to amplify that hatred as well.
Feb 27, 2019 10:38 AM

Dec 2017
Well, all in all I did like the episode (more than the last one at least) but it all just feels so rushed, I wonder where they want to go exactly, since they kind of fly through every event atm. The battle could've been a bit longer and admittedly the manga did the scene where Filo was eaten better. Because there it was actually his fault she got eaten. But anyway, I thought it was done well and the dragon wasn't that bad either. I've seen worse CG at least.
As for Filo, while it kind of is plot armor that she survived, the dragon also just swallowed her whole and didn't chew her or anything. So it at least did make sense that she didn't die instantly and was then able to get to his core. Still feels like plot armor (and it kinda is) but it isn't absolutely unreasonable.

And just because I've seen it come up in this thread: yes, the Shield if Rage amplifies any kind of hate or negative emotion Naofumi has felt in that world. And since Malty and the heroes were the reasons for him being an outcast in the beginning (with the heroes not helping him) the shield just used these emotions of his and his hatred shot through the roof.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2019

298 by SanessyAdversary »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2019

236 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2019

379 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2019

440 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 16, 10:04 PM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2019

309 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 16, 9:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.