Forum Settings
Forums
#1
Feb 27, 5:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 7316


Suetsugu Yuki-sensei has confirmed that she actually considered ending the manga before Spring 2019. Which means the manga would probably have ended in the next 6-7 chapters given that the manga has become monthly with Be-Love.



Even though she confirmed the manga would not likely end in October 2019 when the 3rd season will start airing, she also made a revelation that we are actually very close to the end. The manga will enter its climax around the time the anime will be airing.

I actually thought we are looking at 50+ chapters at the very least so I am a bit surprised and honestly really sad. All good things must come to an end. Will cherish the amazing experience it has been ever since I first saw the TV anime back in Spring 2011.

 
#2
Feb 27, 7:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 740
Just saw that! I was expecting the manga to end by the end of 2020 or something. It all started with Chihaya in the Queen match, so it should end right after... *cries* End of Meijin/Queen matches > The paths everyone decided for their life > The end.
I still believe October is a bit close still. I expect at least 15-20 chapters for the Queen/Meijin matches... Since we still haven't reached them, who knows
oh god
 
#3
Feb 27, 8:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 7316
MaahHeim said:
Just saw that! I was expecting the manga to end by the end of 2020 or something. It all started with Chihaya in the Queen match, so it should end right after... *cries* End of Meijin/Queen matches > The paths everyone decided for their life > The end.
I still believe October is a bit close still. I expect at least 15-20 chapters for the Queen/Meijin matches... Since we still haven't reached them, who knows
oh god


I was thinking along few more years because I love this manga. And unlike the vocal fanbase, I love all the characters in it. And I still had it in mind that the final Queen/Meijin matches would involve all four of them.

But, it looks like Sensei might be planning to call it her career as well. There have been times when her health wasn't being too accomodating and she had to go on hiatus after hiatus.

Speaking of Chihayafuru ending, I wonder how much impact it would have in Be-Love's circulation/ subscription. YOU has been hit badly once Damekoi ended iirc.

 
#4
Feb 27, 8:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 740
shanimebib said:
MaahHeim said:
Just saw that! I was expecting the manga to end by the end of 2020 or something. It all started with Chihaya in the Queen match, so it should end right after... *cries* End of Meijin/Queen matches > The paths everyone decided for their life > The end.
I still believe October is a bit close still. I expect at least 15-20 chapters for the Queen/Meijin matches... Since we still haven't reached them, who knows
oh god


I was thinking along few more years because I love this manga. And unlike the vocal fanbase, I love all the characters in it. And I still had it in mind that the final Queen/Meijin matches would involve all four of them.

But, it looks like Sensei might be planning to call it her career as well. There have been times when her health wasn't being too accomodating and she had to go on hiatus after hiatus.

Speaking of Chihayafuru ending, I wonder how much impact it would have in Be-Love's circulation/ subscription. YOU has been hit badly once Damekoi ended iirc.


It's my favorite manga too, so I'm sad. But kind of happy that we're getting closure, somehow. But I doubted we would see Chihaya in college or anything else. The whole manga is a flashback, after all. When you count the years, it's supposed to end in their third year anyway *CRIES*

Seeing Taichi/Arata and Shinobu/Chihaya would be amazing, I second that. But yeah... I really wanted to see more of her after this, mostly because I love her other works too (although is undeniable that Chihayafuru IS her masterpiece).

And yes! For me, some characters shine brighter than others at some moments, but Chihayafuru is - incredibly - about all characters, everyone playing karuta together, loving karuta and all that. It's amazing how sensei got the world to know about this sport. My country (Brazil) even got to play karuta in Omi Jinguu! I---- *cries* Anyway, the news that it could end so soon really kicked me in the face, but since I was expecting it to end last year, it wasn't so surprising.

It may have a negative effect in the magazine indeed. From all the manga there right now, I only have ever heard of Chihayafuru. The others aren't really popular, are they?
 
#5
Feb 27, 8:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 7316
MaahHeim said:
It may have a negative effect in the magazine indeed. From all the manga there right now, I only have ever heard of Chihayafuru. The others aren't really popular, are they?


To put it into perspective, Chihayafuru sold more copies of tankoubun format than all the other manga serialized during the same time in Be-Love combined.

 
#6
Feb 27, 8:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 740
shanimebib said:
MaahHeim said:
It may have a negative effect in the magazine indeed. From all the manga there right now, I only have ever heard of Chihayafuru. The others aren't really popular, are they?


To put it into perspective, Chihayafuru sold more copies of tankoubun format than all the other manga serialized during the same time in Be-Love combined.


Ouch. Hope they find another great success...
 
#7
Feb 27, 8:42 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 366
I also expect to last more. October seems near, and I don't want an open (in romantic terms) ending after the match ends... Let's wait and read.
If you wonder where I read this or that manga, is always in internet since I am not in Japan yet.

Normally I read the manga in English but I can also speak Spanish, Japanese and a bit or French and Italian, so if is not available in English I read the manga in another language.
 
#8
Mar 2, 7:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 830
TAICHI PLEASSEE WINN GODAMMITT!!!

IF NOT, RIOT!!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

 
#9
May 8, 6:40 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 45
Wish I could find chapters 54 to 85 or so to even read it -_- I don't mind buying it, but I can't find that even with translations.
 
May 8, 11:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 4296
Man, I'm kinda bummed since I thought it would take longer to finish but I'm also kind of content and excited if it ends with the current Queen/Meijin matches. I mean there's like nothing to tell after these, it's a conplete story even the romance will have a resolution at least i confidently feel that way. Though I wish I'll get to see Chihaya being like an adviser or coach or whatever at Misuzawa while being a pro in like the epilogue scenes. That's like the path I've been envisioning her to take after this Queen match.
 
May 9, 5:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 7316
TheGodEmperor said:
Wish I could find chapters 54 to 85 or so to even read it -_- I don't mind buying it, but I can't find that even with translations.


The contents of those chapters are 95% adapted into S2 of the anime so you are not missing out on anything bar some Meijin Suou moments and one of the funny parts where Arata thinks of Chihaya in swimsuit (seeing Chitose's one in one of the magazines she was featured in) and immediately blushing. He is not that innocent like he is portrayed in the anime but I found it super cute. :)

I hope this helps.

CapitalistGod said:
Man, I'm kinda bummed since I thought it would take longer to finish but I'm also kind of content and excited if it ends with the current Queen/Meijin matches. I mean there's like nothing to tell after these, it's a conplete story even the romance will have a resolution at least i confidently feel that way. Though I wish I'll get to see Chihaya being like an adviser or coach or whatever at Misuzawa while being a pro in like the epilogue scenes. That's like the path I've been envisioning her to take after this Queen match.


The manga will make a full circle with the queen match.

It already deviated from the LA version, so I am kinda assuming the LA version was intentional as Suetsugu-sensei already had planned for her finale (most likely romance included).

 
May 9, 6:08 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 45
shanimebib said:
TheGodEmperor said:
Wish I could find chapters 54 to 85 or so to even read it -_- I don't mind buying it, but I can't find that even with translations.


The contents of those chapters are 95% adapted into S2 of the anime so you are not missing out on anything bar some Meijin Suou moments and one of the funny parts where Arata thinks of Chihaya in swimsuit (seeing Chitose's one in one of the magazines she was featured in) and immediately blushing. He is not that innocent like he is portrayed in the anime but I found it super cute. :)

I hope this helps.

CapitalistGod said:
Man, I'm kinda bummed since I thought it would take longer to finish but I'm also kind of content and excited if it ends with the current Queen/Meijin matches. I mean there's like nothing to tell after these, it's a conplete story even the romance will have a resolution at least i confidently feel that way. Though I wish I'll get to see Chihaya being like an adviser or coach or whatever at Misuzawa while being a pro in like the epilogue scenes. That's like the path I've been envisioning her to take after this Queen match.


The manga will make a full circle with the queen match.

It already deviated from the LA version, so I am kinda assuming the LA version was intentional as Suetsugu-sensei already had planned for her finale (most likely romance included).


Haven't watched the anime and wasn't really interested in spending that time. I like reading. But, I probably will at this rate. I wanna see what happens :(
 
May 10, 1:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 740
Just wanted to point out that Watashitachi wa Douka shiteiru was one of the winners of the 43rd Kodansha Award Manga. We talked here, at some point, how Be-love would sell badly after Chihayafuru ends - since it's the manga that sells the most in the magazine. I hope it helps with the sales.~

Also will Suetsugu start a new manga after Chihayafuru ends, I wonder?

Also, since Be-love is now monthly I think we'll get to see a bit more of the manga at least until june last year... (?) That's 12 chapters. 10 for the matches and two for settling things up afterwards, maybe? Suetsugu did say that the manga would still be running in October/2019, not that it would end there. So yeah. Ughh it's not so much though. Thinking about that really hurts.
 
Jun 11, 6:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 7316
Ending Speculation:



Let's see how much I would get right! Put them inside spoiler because it reveals details beyond chapter 206.


 
Jun 11, 7:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 58
According to those series of tweets, Suetsugu told those in charge of the anime that the manga would probably end Spring 2019. That didn't happen, but she confirmed that the climax would happen this October-the same month the third season was moved to. It seems that those in charge of the anime wanted the new season to line up with something massive in the manga-since they couldn't line up with the ending, they settled for the climax. I believe the manga will go into 2020 since 6 chapters wouldn't be able to cover anything.

@shanimebib
I can see everything you wrote happening, but I disagree with one thing
The desire to be loved is the last illusion. Give it up and you will be free.
 
Jun 13, 9:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 830
shanimebib said:
Ending Speculation:



Let's see how much I would get right! Put them inside spoiler because it reveals details beyond chapter 206.


But will we see Taichi bangin Chihaya tho?

TEAM TAICHI ASSEMBLE!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

 
Top

Preview MangaManga Store