Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 1, 2019 8:05 AM

Dec 2018
I started watching anime when I was about 13 years old in middle school. I was always introverted. Watching it at the age I was, being a very impressionable age, it caused me to question a lot about myself. It was mostly things like my sexuality, which took years for me to finally figure out completely, and who I am as a person.
As I got older and now being 18 years old, I still continued to watch the same types of anime that I did when I was younger. I stopped questioning myself and moved on to bigger things, like humanity and what certain things can have an effect on us all. A lot of anime focuses more on the characters and their development and how their behavior and actions affect the plot drastically more than, say, nature or something of the like.
I watched shows like Neon Genesis Evangelion and Paranoia Agent a few years ago because I was looking for those specific anime that would make me question these things and I always want to learn how these authors view life, and how they can teach me their own philosophies, even if that anime doesn’t exactly fall under that category. All anime have this sort of thing that can affect anyone impressionable enough.
Mar 1, 2019 8:13 AM

Jul 2015
Viderian said:

As I got older and now being 18 years old

My hair turned two shades lighter, and I think I feel a new wrinkle on my forehead after reading this ;___;
Mar 1, 2019 8:20 AM

Feb 2010
Deathko said:
Viderian said:

As I got older and now being 18 years old

My hair turned two shades lighter, and I think I feel a new wrinkle on my forehead after reading this ;___;

That's like 2 years younger than when I started really getting into anime, which was 10 years ago. I hope that makes you feel young in comparion :>
I probably regret this post by now.
Mar 1, 2019 8:28 AM

Jul 2015
@Pullman Shit, you're younger than me, I always assumed you were older. :'3

*feels even older*
Mar 1, 2019 8:43 AM

Feb 2010
Deathko said:
@Pullman Shit, you're younger than me, I always assumed you were older. :'3

*feels even older*

Oh really? I don't see many people over 30 on here, I thought you were in your 20s like most people here, and almost everyone in their 20s is gonna be younger than me :>.

Unlike you I have my birth year on my profile tho, so you shouldn't be that surprised ^^.

But thanks, now I feel a bit younger xD
Mar 1, 2019 8:46 AM

Jul 2015
@Pullman Clebardman here, I had my birthdate visible a while ago.

Wait...
2 years younger than 18, 10 years ago...
That means 26, but your profile says you're 8 monthes older than me >:c

edit: WAIT, YOU STARTED AT 20, I SHOULD STOP SMOKING WEED!
Mar 1, 2019 8:50 AM

Feb 2010
Deathko said:
@Pullman Clebardman here, I had it a while ago.

Wait...
2 years younger than 18, 10 years ago...
That means 26, but your profile says you're 8 monthes older than me >:c

They said they're 18 and I said that's like two years younger than I was when I really got into anime. So I was 19/20 when that happened 10 years ago, not 16 :P.

I was watching anime before but more causally and sporadically and would watch more anime in 2010 than I did in the 6 -7 years before that combined, but that just as a sidenote.

Glad I was established as being old after all :>
Mar 1, 2019 8:51 AM

Jul 2015
@Pullman Almost as old as the outdated and objectively inferior anime we watch, I'm afraid (^:
Mar 1, 2019 8:53 AM

Feb 2010
Deathko said:
@Pullman Almost as old as the outdated and objectively inferior anime we watch, I'm afraid (^:

Let's not go that far :P.

I'm never gonna be as old as all the glorious Dezaki anime from the 70s!

Heck, even Dragon Ball is older than me. Anime makes me feel young ^^.
Mar 1, 2019 3:51 PM

Oct 2008
Oh boy, I am sorry, time to go on a tangent. May God have mercy on my poor soul, difficult since I'm an agnostic. Here goes.

Rules and laws were made by people so people can choose to follow or disobey them. In other words neither God or Satan or any higher power will take it upon itself to punish or reward you, regardless of whether you choose to follow these made up laws or not.

A person is his own God and lives as he believes he should or would like to try.

Basically ethics, morals, what is considered sensible, logical a given, or "normal" is something people from long ago decided and enforced since they either had power or the majority on their side or both and is not something that must, should or needs to apply to the people from this era (us, you and me)
Mar 4, 2019 9:46 AM

Jul 2014
zieek said:
Oh boy, I am sorry, time to go on a tangent. May God have mercy on my poor soul, difficult since I'm an agnostic. Here goes.

Rules and laws were made by people so people can choose to follow or disobey them. In other words neither God or Satan or any higher power will take it upon itself to punish or reward you, regardless of whether you choose to follow these made up laws or not.

A person is his own God and lives as he believes he should or would like to try.

Basically ethics, morals, what is considered sensible, logical a given, or "normal" is something people from long ago decided and enforced since they either had power or the majority on their side or both and is not something that must, should or needs to apply to the people from this era (us, you and me)

Yeah I agree that no higher power will punish us.
I agree that a person should act after their own beliefs and principles, but not by taking the place of god.
Taking the place of god is how perversity works, because the place of god is the position where one knows the other persons desire.

Citing Zizek: "Perversion, at its most fundamental, resides in the formal structure of how the subject relates to truth and speech. The pervert claims direct access to some figure of the big Other (from God or history to the desire of his partner), so that, dispelling all the ambiguity of language, he is able to act directly as the instrument of the big Other's will."
Link: http://www.lacan.com/lacinkXXVII6.htm

I also agree that one should question what is "normal", but it can be good to look at what that normal is to better question it and replace it with a better "normal" as in trying to find and solve the problems in todays world and society.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

86 by APolygons2 »»
3 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 9 hours ago

39 by traed »»
4 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

38 by Zalis »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 7 hours ago

25 by Otakupervert890 »»
9 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7159 by vasipi4946 »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.