Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 26, 2019 9:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The race is on! I like the realism of the episode.

Fujioka's expression of strength is also interesting considering someone of his caliber. This race brings out the attitudes and strengths of the characters. Gotta love how everyone is aiming forwards their future and they have people cheering for them.

A really inspiring episode.
Feb 26, 2019 9:07 AM

Nov 2007
Everyone's starting slow. To save energy. Blocking the wind by being behind a person?

Others start to run fast, and as expected Otaku guy is last.

Interviewing the dark skinned guy, and that another guy (another school who run against main guy) greeted them. He had fun running against the main guy.

Listing main characters of the manga he read... Tsubasa? Does that mean Captain Tsubasa? He said he likes main characters, but also like characters that encourage them. At least he didn't give up until changing to next runner.

He tried too hard by running too fast, but he cooled down and took it easy. He can pass several opponents. Then to one of the twins.

Running while telling his brother to fly. And He got excited to see the girl. lol @ the moment when switching to his brother.

Running continues next. It's soon to be that member who got cold the last minute's turn.
tsubasaloverFeb 26, 2019 9:21 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 26, 2019 10:34 AM

Jun 2013
Wow, I love the way show decided to conclude itself, giving every character from the cast spotlight to climax his solution to his problems and difficulties we observed throughout the show.

Ouji part was pretty emotional, was nice to see everyone got his back.
Musa part was my favorite this episode, really inspiring to see him running because they're all those people's voices waiting for him.
Joutarou part started very interestingly, they really bring meaning to their characters in the end as twins. It ended pretty funnily though.

I can't wait for the rest of the cast to get their spotlight.
Feb 26, 2019 12:03 PM
Mar 2016
look like shindo will got happy ending
i think Kansei Team will lose
but Shindo's ex-grillfriend saw him, he running with his determination while he sick
and then in the ending shindo's ex-grillfriend will back to him
Feb 26, 2019 12:30 PM

Mar 2017
Wow, i really loved this episode! I know i say that every week but i just love this anime. It was so amazing to see what the three runners of this ep felt and thought about their journey!

Jota's monologue was so sweet but also kinda sad because he knows that he needs to let Joji go off and do his own thing
Feb 26, 2019 12:31 PM

Mar 2017
NdanHM said:
but Shindo's ex-grillfriend saw him, he running with his determination while he sick

I agree, i don't think it's realistic that Kansei will win but the anime isn't really about the race, it's about the journey that the boys go through and so far its been so amazing
Feb 26, 2019 12:32 PM

Aug 2014
i guess we now know who hana likes, such a great episode.
Ouji Best character tbh.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Feb 26, 2019 12:35 PM

Aug 2014
kater_tot said:
NdanHM said:

I agree, i don't think it's realistic that Kansei will win but the anime isn't really about the race, it's about the journey that the boys go through and so far its been so amazing

I doubt that they weil win as well, they were off form anyway and worse than others but the thing that happened with the guy getting sick will probably be it. They could win if Haiji fucks up his leg trying to make them win tho.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Feb 26, 2019 12:40 PM

Apr 2016
I hope Shindo will make it in one piece and not with a tremendous amount of time-loss. It sure doesn't look too good right now and with the preview even less.

It's great the journalist exposed Musa's situation as student and runner.

NdanHM said:

That's the scenario I got in my head since they broke up. We aren't 100% sure though that his childhood friend (we saw in the preview) was also his girlfriend.
but ... Whatever! Let happiness rain on Shindo !
Feb 26, 2019 12:48 PM

Mar 2016
I likethat each character will have their special moment either those are feelings or backstory.
And each one have 20km to run which means its 200km in total, thats like atleast 10h of running, wtf it wil be night time for Kakeru and Haiji
Feb 26, 2019 1:12 PM

Jul 2015
those twins lol xd

Well...
Feb 26, 2019 1:13 PM

Aug 2016
I'm loving the moments for each character.
Prince looked almost destroyed at the end of his section, true realism.
Plus his comment as he mentioned all those shounen sport protagonists, so good.
Musa was so reliable, he's such a good guy.
Damn, that ending was so funny, I hope it doesn't divide the twins.
I'm predicting an emotional as f*ck episode next week for Takashi.

Ayon said:
I likethat each character will have their special moment either those are feelings or backstory.
And each one have 20km to run which means its 200km in total, thats like atleast 10h of running, wtf it wil be night time for Kakeru and Haiji

The sections range from 18.5km to 23.4km, totalling 217.9km total and is run over two days, 5 sections a day.
Sadly the very ill looking Takashi is running the last section on day one, which is the longest and steepest.
JokerVenturaFeb 26, 2019 1:29 PM
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Feb 26, 2019 1:27 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I teared up on Prince's run, it's unbelievably inspirational. I let out quite a sound when Haiji actually apologized to Prince. The show didn't forget and it's amazing that this happened IMO.

Musa loves the support from whoever it may come and it motivated him so much that they went over his usual capacity, i think.

Jota was basically thinking for the whole run, may it be his future or Hana actually looking at him. He ran amazingly as well, so far all had different motivations that they revealed during the race, i believe it will be like that for every runner up until maybe Kakeru.

That preview looks very somber.
Feb 26, 2019 1:27 PM

Aug 2017
Loved this episode, Musa and those twins were amazing these episode. Ugh waiting every week for a new episode is painful..
Feb 26, 2019 2:02 PM

Nov 2016
They always get, this time even more than once ;_;

How can a series be so amazing ? Like for real, how ?

Every single run in this episode had something that really hit close to home and was absolutely stellar in it's presentation.

Furthermore, I'm really proud of the boys, including Haiji as well for the non-stop support he provides. He's proving over and over again what a great captain he is.

Overall yet another stirring episode and the preview for the next one suggests that we won't get off this emotional roller coaster.

PS: Prince is such a man of culture. Had a priceless reaction when he mentioned all those legends.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 26, 2019 2:26 PM
Jul 2018
Another great episode though it shouldn't surprise. So proud of these men.
I see some speculation about Shindo's ex wanting him back. I hope he says no. She couldn't understand how important this was to him and dumped him because he wasn't spending as much time with her. He doesn't need someone like that.
Feb 26, 2019 2:29 PM

Feb 2017
I love it!

Prince is such an inspirational character, I teared up when he got to the finish.
Musa is so pure and must be protected.
Twins also managed to become endearing.

I feel like I am part of the team, running with them! I am proud of them.

Music and direction were great. I hope Shindo will be alright.

This show is amazing.
Feb 26, 2019 2:56 PM

Feb 2009
FMmatron said:

PS: Prince is such a man of culture. Had a priceless reaction when he mentioned all those legends.

That scene was awesome. But from which series is Sango Jugo? Everyone else I could identify.
Feb 26, 2019 3:19 PM
Dec 2017
I really hope joji won't get affected by what jotaro said. I really don't care who Hana ends up with, I just want the whole thing to be wholesome.

On the other hand with the stuff that happens with the twins, there's a high chance they're just misinterpreting things
Su-chara-ka-chan
Feb 26, 2019 3:45 PM

Nov 2016
Ushio_Furukawa said:
FMmatron said:

That scene was awesome. But from which series is Sango Jugo? Everyone else I could identify.

Sry, but I didn't recognize him either :D

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 26, 2019 4:56 PM

Dec 2014
Incredible episode, holy shit. These last few episodes have been one upping each other like crazy.

I absolutely love the way they are presenting this, it's so very compelling. Every character we've seen, thinking about everything that's changed over the past few months as they got into running. How it's affected them and how they're moving forward because of it. Just beautiful.

Damn, I couldn't help but grin like crazy when Prince mentioned the names of all those legendary sports protagonists. XD

All the three runs we saw were amazing but I guess Prince really takes the cake, especially during the very end as he passed on the baton. Absolutely incredible, I teared up. T.T
Watching Musa gain strength from everyone supporting him made me smile. :)

I loved how Jota mentioned his relationship with his brother and how it's time for them to stop being two parts of a whole and become their own person. It's time for them to take their own future.

PV for next episode has me scared a little.
Feb 26, 2019 5:34 PM

Jan 2011
all of princes scenes always get me a lil watery cant not want to root for him then he drops all those classics on us, Musa also since hes a brother and it's so rare to one get some spot light

twins had me dying at the end
Feb 26, 2019 5:42 PM
Jan 2019
such an emotional episode omg
Feb 26, 2019 5:46 PM
Jan 2019
Ushio_Furukawa said:
FMmatron said:

Juudoubu Monogatari
Feb 26, 2019 7:41 PM

Jul 2016
oh my god that ending was hilarious hahahahah
Feb 26, 2019 7:59 PM

Jul 2016
Amazing episode. It's so pleasant when a single episode left you with such smile on your face. I really love all of this guys, they all have such different personalities yet I can empathize so easily with all of them. Such a great bunch of characters.

Prince's section was rather emotional and my favorite one, it really made me happy seeing him giving his all to conclude it. Such an inspirational character without a doubt.

Musa's part was also very well handled, he's such a nice boy and the way he gains strength from everyone's support was so relatable that it made me smile... again.

And finally, Jota receiving more exposure was also very welcomed. Honestly, I was hoping they give more focus on the bond he has with his brother so I'm really glad this episode gave us more details about their touching relationship. His thoughts about his brother were really heartwarming to hear... "a part of his soul", how touching.

Oh well, and that last reaction when he realized Hana might like him was so priceless xD Talking about ways to gain motivation.

Overall, it was a great episode. The way they handled every character while they were running their respective sections was splendid. And not to mention that the music direction was also on point, it made every scene absolutely better without a doubt.

That preview looks... as someone said, somber. I hope Shindo can finish his section without risks but I guess I'll feel quite emotional for him and his determination in the next episode.
SouthRzVaFeb 26, 2019 8:04 PM
Feb 26, 2019 8:51 PM
Dec 2016
NdanHM said:

Actually, I think that was Shindo's little sister in the preview since we've never actually seen Shindo's ex's face and the shot of the girl was edited in with another shot of a banner reading "congratulations Takashi [Shindo's real name] on running in the Hakone Ekiden" which would leave me to believe she is Shindo's family. There are also photos in towards the end of episode 11 where we see Shindo's family.

I'm also really glad that we got to see Jota get more characterisation bc up until now the twins have always just been two gag characters and recent source of minor conflict, it's interesting to see how Jota sees himself and Joji, further emphasising the two as being completely separate and on two different paths bc idk about all fo you but I've alway just seen the twins as "the twins" and never as individual characters but, in story, they are two separate characters and quite often you don't see that separation in media (twins might have differing personalities but ultimately are just twins and not individuals).

Also Haiji apologising to Prince was adorable and it just really highlights how overbearing Haiji sees himself when in reality he's not, and I'm so happy that Prince was so nice about, and even grateful to Haiji. Ugh my heart can't handle all the uwus.

I'm so worried for Shindo, wee baby deserves the best and I hope he doesn't get hurt (but I think he'll be alright,,,, hopefully). Lowkey sad that we didn't get to see Musa thinking about visiting Shindo's home like they were talking about on the phone but oh well. It was interesting to see Musa think about Tanzania tho, that was cute moment.
Feb 26, 2019 8:58 PM

Aug 2014
Another great episode as always. Crazy how well the show has made you care about each runner and I love that they are emphasizing their own goals/growth during each leg of the race.

Doubt they win but would love to see it. Hopefully Kakeru is able to shine and obviously Haji. Only a few episodes left 😩

Thoroughly enjoyed the first twin thinking about how he and his brother are two separate people, pretty inspirational/value driven show
Feb 27, 2019 12:48 AM

Feb 2009
REAnimeFan500 said:
Ushio_Furukawa said:

Juudoubu Monogatari

Thank you! I could tell from the shape that it's probably some Martial Arts, but i've never heard of this series before.
Feb 27, 2019 12:53 AM

Oct 2018
been awesome so far, cant wait to see next weeks since we are so close to the ending, guess its time for me to get my shoes on and go for a run lmao

Casual Anime Shitposter
Feb 27, 2019 4:17 AM

Mar 2016
So that was the reason why the twins went separate directions in the opening! I love how IG uses their openings.

Ouji actually made me scream and clap for him. lol.

Musa really is a good runner!

I was already worried about Haiji but now, I am also worried about Shindo.
Feb 27, 2019 6:38 AM

Oct 2008
Another great episode!
well done Ouji and Musa!
and one of the twins think that Hana likes one of them! haha and it actually helped one of the twins to pass more opponents of the race! nice!
5/5.

Feb 27, 2019 8:31 AM
Jan 2019
What a passion it feels to see this first part of the race. Everyone gives the best they can, everyone has different motivations, but they run towards the same goal for a common goal. Hahaha I can not believe that Jota told Joji about Hana in the middle of the race, I think it was not the best time to do it. LOL.
Feb 27, 2019 8:39 AM

Mar 2017
That next episode preview oh shit we are in for some good stuff
Feb 27, 2019 10:02 AM

Jul 2017
Prince's run was really good and kinda interesting to look back at his journey. Rest was okay.
Feb 27, 2019 12:54 PM
Jul 2014
This episode was awesome. So much character development, so much awesome things, mostly about Jotaro who I barely knew. I'm really scared about the preview of the next episode though... Hope Joji won't be angry or jealous or anything about Hana. Hope they can manage to continue Hakone Ekiden even with the sick guy. Why was Musa crying though, it makes me want to cry..
Feb 27, 2019 1:06 PM

Apr 2009
I wish the running parts didn't look like shitto, those 3D looking guys are really distracting. Though I guess they looked better than the past episodes.

At the end of the day, the series is more a character drama than anything, I guess.

Feb 27, 2019 1:38 PM

Nov 2016
Damn it I was all teary-eyed because of Prince and Musa, but then the twins suddenly made me giggle with that ending!
Feb 27, 2019 2:08 PM

Sep 2011
This episode was pretty much perfect. Its only flaw was that it ended. It was so moving, and well paced/done that I became a sobbing mess.

I loved Prince's section, it was my favorite. I don't know, there was the references to the great ones like Yabuki Joe, the way he sees things, his approach to running, how he can finally proudly say that he is strong, how he knows that there's someone waiting for him in the finishing line, and that he wants to win. I don't know, it was really special.

Musa's section was great as well. He ran the ace section and he almost lost his pace, but he remembered Haiji's words and kept his cool. He was amazing. Jotarou's section was my second favorite out of the three so far. We finally got into the head of one of the twins, this may have been mentioned before, but I didn't even know he was the older one.

He is really an older brother though, he has been watching over his younger twin and he knows him best than anyone. I'm sure that Jojirou will become a worthy rival for Kakeru. I do wonder if Jota is right about Hana-chan's feelings though. Personally I like the ship, but let's see if she is going to be there for anyone else besides the last section, which will probably kill me.

Next episode's big moment is most certainly going to be with Shindo, and with that episode title I just know that I will become an even bigger sobbing mess. May my heart be able to keep up with it. I can't with good sports anime, the payoffs of these moments are just so strong and so rewarding.
Feb 27, 2019 7:26 PM

Dec 2018
EVERYTHING about this ep was wonderful, Prince's real thoughts, Musa's determination and to notice, the twins split is coming on its way, now they are aiming for their own paths after a long time being one! Until now i didn't know any differences between them, however it's nice to see how both of them [do things differently and almost everyone doesn't notice that. They are only the same on their genes, nothing more than that.

preview ruined the mood tbh. My hint is probably that they will start to be far away from others bc of Shindo. It looks as it will be a pain for him running like that(not just for the team but for himself too, he's very fond of hakone race after Haiji-, it'll be harsh tbh)
Feb 27, 2019 8:26 PM

Oct 2015
Great episode. I was worried about the Hakone Ekiden starting with still 5 episodes to go, then I realised in this episode that everyone's got to have their own spotlight. Prince's improvement over the series has been really impressive. Going from stuggling to run a few kilometers to doing 3 minutes per kilometer under a year is really good. Seeing everyone run that well makes me feel bad about myself for taking almost 5minutes to run the same distance.

For those who know a bit about the Hakone Ekiden, how does Day 2 of the race work? Does everyone start together and have their times totaled at the end or do they start individually based on time differences?
Feb 27, 2019 9:56 PM

Sep 2017
JUUSEE said:

For those who know a bit about the Hakone Ekiden, how does Day 2 of the race work? Does everyone start together and have their times totaled at the end or do they start individually based on time differences?

They start individually based on time difference.
But the runners from teams which are more than 10 minutes behind the first team start together and have their times totaled at the end.
Feb 28, 2019 1:29 AM
Aug 2017
They finally tried to seperate the twins. But Jota had to tell us that instead that they showed us what makes them different. And Jotas monologue was kinda corny.

But i loved Princes and Musas Part. They are awesome!
Feb 28, 2019 4:55 AM

Mar 2010
Seems that one twin will get the girl and the other twin will get the passion for running. So they will both gain something out of this :D
Feb 28, 2019 1:52 PM

May 2016
My God, I can't find words worthy for such a great episode like this from Prince's will to Musa's strength, and Jo Taro's last spurt, this episode gave me so many emotions, this proved to get a potential 9 from me.

Next episode gonna the toughest part how can he run in that condition..!
Feb 28, 2019 3:51 PM
Feb 2017
FuMomo-kun said:
So that was the reason why the twins went separate directions in the opening! I love how IG uses their openings.

Ouji actually made me scream and clap for him. lol.

Musa really is a good runner!

I was already worried about Haiji but now, I am also worried about Shindo.

Wow lol I just noticed that about the opening, thought it was just to show their goofiness of not being able to decide.
Feb 28, 2019 10:10 PM

Sep 2017
Looks like the race will span at least another 2 episodes, but I can see them getting another 3 if they stretch out Haiji and Kakeru. Princes section in particular was really good. Some unexpected reflection from Jota about his younger brother. I honestly can't tell them apart and wouldn't have been able to say the younger bro was actually a better runner, but it was a nice touch. The ending with Hana was pretty funny.

Next episode is gonna be pretty intense as we get to Shindo's section. I'm sure he'll manage since we gotta see everyone run, but it's gonna be brutal and they are gonna fall really behind.
Mar 1, 2019 3:47 AM

Jan 2011
Have we ever been lead to believe the twins actually have any differences though?
Mar 1, 2019 8:06 AM

Dec 2016
I'm just so happy for Prince, whatta journey
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 1, 2019 4:28 PM

Sep 2018
Yabuki Joe - Ashita no Joe
Hanamichi Sakuragi - Slam Dunk
Makunouchi Ippo - Hajime no Ippo
Onoda Sakamichi - Yowamushi Pedal
Sango Jugo - Judo-bu Monogatari
Hinata Shouyou - Haikyu!!
Inokuma Yawara - Yawara!
Kobayakawa Sena - Eyeshield 21
Honda Gorou - Major
Oozora Tsubasa - Captain Tsubasa
Echizen Ryouma - Tennis no Ouji-sama

Ouji is a true man of culture
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2019

210 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2019

84 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2019

66 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2019

93 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2019

68 by Mirorin »»
Apr 14, 1:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.