Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 25, 2019 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode is kinda cute. We get to see life style of the younger kids and their character interactions with Rimuru. As their mentor (since Shizu), they even address him as sensei.

Tbh, I kinda like Shizu's students. They all behave like the way kids do and seem to get along with Rimuru quite well.

In the long run, I think Rimuru could be a good role model for these kids. The dragon that showed up is also no pushover.
Feb 25, 2019 7:45 AM

Apr 2018
Enjoyable episode, but The animation of the dragon sky's fight is so bad.
Feb 25, 2019 7:59 AM
Mar 2016
Sadly, we didn't get to see the heroic tale of "Myonmilles the merchant"
where he put his life on line and distributed Tempest potion to everyone that is dying from Dragon attack
Feb 25, 2019 8:15 AM

Feb 2019
disappointed with this episode, more of Manga scene like the merchant saving the kid's parents being skipped, subpar animation especially the sparring with the kids & the dragon fight & they even skipped the goddess rimiru scene

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Feb 25, 2019 8:25 AM

Oct 2014
mickbis said:
Sadly, we didn't get to see the heroic tale of "Myonmilles the merchant"
where he put his life on line and distributed Tempest potion to everyone that is dying from Dragon attack

Almost_Satan said:
disappointed with this episode, more of Manga scene like the merchant saving the kid's parents being skipped, subpar animation especially the sparring with the kids & the dragon fight & they even skipped the goddess rimiru scene

Actually it seems like they stopped adaptating the manga around EP16/17.
You need to consider that things like the script can't be made in the last second, so since many of the currently existing manga chapters didn't exist during pre-production yet, they had to use the LN as source material instead. So since the manga by itself already changes stuff from the LN - and that the anime does so as well due to having to shorten the content, it's only natural that there is a huge gap in presentation between manga and anime, like the variety of clothes. The huge range of wardrobe, for example, was manga original, AFAIK.
Feb 25, 2019 9:10 AM

Jul 2016
they skipped a lot but not that major, i guess its because they want to end the season with the demon lord arc but not have that many episodes left
Feb 25, 2019 9:21 AM
Mar 2016
bakacheeto said:
they skipped a lot but not that major, i guess its because they want to end the season with the demon lord arc but not have that many episodes left

It impossible to end with Demon Lord arc
There just so much stuff that could not be skip in 2 episode
Feb 25, 2019 9:29 AM

Sep 2018
Almost_Satan said:

Yeah and where is my Creamuru puff scene....... :(
well that's just my opinion.....
Feb 25, 2019 9:38 AM
Nov 2018
Hmmm i wonder who aizawa shota was based on, i mean rimuru. This reminded me a lot of boku no hero, expect dodgey fighting. Ever since a few eps ago the quality has gone down considerably. Gone from an 8 go 6, its becoming rushed and a complete 180 from the the more developed story
Feb 25, 2019 9:49 AM

Feb 2016

I feel kinda sad q~q'
Feb 25, 2019 9:54 AM

Oct 2008
Didn't get the awkward convo after he beat the kids, was there supposed to be a joke somewhere?
Feb 25, 2019 10:02 AM

Oct 2014
Toster said:
Didn't get the awkward convo after he beat the kids, was there supposed to be a joke somewhere?

Rimuru has been depicted as someone who is really bad with jokes from the beginning.
Feb 25, 2019 10:04 AM
Mar 2017
It was very nice episode, Rirumu won the trust and respect of the students of Shizu.
Rirumu had a difficult time with these kids, to the point of having to use the faithful Ranga to discipline them.
The mock battle gave me a lot of laughter, each of the kids has very good skills, although my favorite is Chloe, she reminds me a lot of Shizu, besides that her shy personality is very adorable. I also like Alice a lot, I love skills that manipulate objects or puppets and Alice would be more powerful if she used stronger puppets and not stuffed animals. Ryouta also made me laugh a lot, he looks like a calm kid but his ability is to become a savage with destructive force.
In short, Rirumu manages to make the kids trust him thanks to Shizu's mask, but there is still the problem of how to save them, but Great Sage mentions the spirits and Rirumu goes to talk with Trainie, but she can not help him.
The fight with the sky dragon was ok, it had some small details, but what matters is that it fulfilled its function and Rirumu meets Mjolmire, a merchant who ends up becoming a new ally and business partner for Jura Tempest Federation.
But the lady who accompanied Mjolmire gives Rirumu the location where the queen of spirits is and Rirumu leaves with his students in search of the Queen and thus find a way to save them from their cruel destiny.
So in the next episode we will know the Queen and how the kingdom of spirits will be.
Feb 25, 2019 10:17 AM
Jun 2009
Shizu-san came to this world around the same time these kids did, right?

Who wrote this dialogue?
This completely miss the point... Skizu was summoned in similar age like these children, not around the same time - it's even impossible.
Feb 25, 2019 10:25 AM

Feb 2017
what just happened?
this episode is supposed to be bittersweet and really emotional for the kids.. they butchered their chars pftt and mjolmire char too lol just like youmu xD

shizu ghost is one of few good thing in this episode , she looks so.. frkn creepy and I like it😂
also yukki , Im happy he gets more screen time . best bro hands down .

I can't wait for the spirit squeen , I really hope they won't butcher her char as well .
pls don't.. just don't butcher best girl in this series
Feb 25, 2019 10:28 AM

Jul 2015
cant wait for the kingdom of spirits

Well...
Feb 25, 2019 10:28 AM

Feb 2017
Hato said:

Who wrote this dialogue?
This completely miss the point... Skizu was summoned in similar age like these children, not around the same time - it's even impossible.

Ikr .
it's supposed to be "around the same age" , yet shizu managed to stay alive for decades . hmm , thanks to ifrit..?
Feb 25, 2019 11:00 AM

Apr 2018
YES YES YES!!!
I didn't quite like the idea of reaching the end of this anime adaption with things I already read in the manga releases, so trimming a bit here and there but still mantaining the core story is what I like!!!

Hope to see more! HYPED HYPED HYPED!

[too bad he went for the male route instead of the goddess route to kill the dragon tho - it would have been excellent material]
Feb 25, 2019 11:02 AM
Apr 2016
Pretty good episode. The kids are funny hahaha. Surprising how easy it was for Rimuru to deal with a Dragon, I guess demon lords are op.
Feb 25, 2019 11:28 AM

Dec 2014
welll he will sae the kids for sure...hmmm
Feb 25, 2019 11:36 AM
Jan 2019
What a fun chapter. A classic of Rimuru, absorbed the Dragon. How fast LOL. Predator is too useful. Now he has new students, he earned his trust and has a promise to fulfill them. Shizu left a significant mark on him. Grande Rimiru, my respects, he is a man of his word. I was surprised at his idea of ​​using spirits to control the energy of children. Let's see how this turns out in the next chapter. Oh, and I forgot, the Jura Federation has a new ally, the merchant xD.
Feb 25, 2019 11:42 AM

Feb 2015
I kind of hope this arc doesn't last that long. I don't care much for the school stuff if im honest.
CrashmattFeb 25, 2019 12:45 PM
Feb 25, 2019 11:43 AM

Oct 2014
Crashmatt said:
I kind of hope this arc doesn't last that long. I don't care much for the school stuff if in honest.

The anime's main story just has 2 episodes left, anyway.
EP24 and EP25 are just side-stories.
Feb 25, 2019 11:45 AM

Apr 2017
The last two episodes in particular have deviated off from the manga, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it does slightly annoy me. There's a few key parts that they've just skipped over or completely rewrote. Even with the changes, we still got to see just how overpowered Rimuru actually is with that sky dragon fight and the story is essentially still on the same path with only a slight variation with certain events.

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Feb 25, 2019 11:52 AM
Jan 2018
Crashmatt said:
I kind of hope this arc doesn't last that long. I don't care much for the school stuff if in honest.

There's hardly anything To do with school anyway. He's was seeing how he could save the kids and if getting them to use up a bit of there magilus would help afterall that's what's Killin them
Feb 25, 2019 11:53 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Crashmatt said:

I feel the same way as you do. The kids feel meh after all we've gone through in the previous episodes.

I'd like a short look to see how things are progressing in the forest without Rimuru.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 25, 2019 12:13 PM

Oct 2014
Yorakirro said:
The last two episodes in particular have deviated off from the manga, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it does slightly annoy me. There's a few key parts that they've just skipped over or completely rewrote. Even with the changes, we still got to see just how overpowered Rimuru actually is with that sky dragon fight and the story is essentially still on the same path with only a slight variation with certain events.

As I have been saying previously:

Grey-Zone said:
You need to consider that things like the script can't be made in the last second, so since many of the currently existing manga chapters didn't exist during pre-production yet, they had to use the LN as source material instead. So since the manga by itself already changes stuff from the LN - and that the anime does so as well due to having to shorten the content, it's only natural that there is a huge gap in presentation between manga and anime, like the variety of clothes. The huge range of wardrobe, for example, was manga original, AFAIK.
Feb 25, 2019 12:28 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Seems Rimuru will have his hands full with this class of students. Using Renga as a threat sure proved effective. While certainly amusing to watch the fight was also interesting in allowing us to see the kind of skills that the kids had. Chloe kinda looks like a child version of Shizu. Quiet but deadly is a apt term for her. If anything the children's abilities sure were full of surprises. Its nice that in the end that Rimuru was able to gain their trust. Rimuru sure ended that fight with the dragon in a speedy manner. Having a meal at a fancy restaurant was a nice reward for the kids while also giving Rimuru the perfect Venue to have his meeting. Curious to see what Rimuru and the kids would find at the dwelling.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2019 12:53 PM

Dec 2015

"They'll know who I am if I go in like this."
*Doesn't hide face and puts on gay femboi outfit*
"This'll do."
Feb 25, 2019 12:56 PM

Dec 2015
I really liked this show when it first started, but the moment they killed off Shizue it has been rather lackluster and at times (like this episode) absolutely subpar. They killed off the only interesting and compelling character just so they could make the MC some sissy femboi thing.
Feb 25, 2019 12:59 PM

Apr 2017
Grey-Zone said:
Yorakirro said:

As I have been saying previously:

Grey-Zone said:

Yeah, I understand all of that. I supposed I worded my post poorly. I didn't mean anything like criticizing the production of it all. Personally, I love the LN/Manga/Anime all the same, the differences in each give me a justified reason to enjoy all of them for their own interpretation. I just find it annoying when specific parts that I personally enjoy get changed to make the story move along quicker. For instance, changing the interaction with the merchant. It's not a bad thing at all, it's just the fact that there could have been so much more with it and actually had more of a developed character instead of just an interaction with a random person of nothing notable that nudges the story along, which obviously it's not needed in the slightest, but it would have been nice imo. If anything the adaptation is one of the better ones for cutting out and changing things that add little to the story.

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Feb 25, 2019 1:23 PM

Nov 2009
HikariKawakawa said:

I feel kinda sad q~q'

*Cries*
Regardless of whether they are adapting the LN or not, it's still painful to see the weak visuals and differences from the manga. Faces during the mock battles, Rimuru's face in general, and that dragon fight...

Hato said:

Who wrote this dialogue?

This was mind-boggling.
GildeshFeb 25, 2019 1:28 PM
Feb 25, 2019 1:33 PM

Dec 2018
What made this show great were precisely the details in the story and how he took the time to expose the world, but these episodes take away all that and just move fast so that exactly? really if the committee's decision is to force them to adapt the whole manga so that people buy the novel to know what will happen later at the cost of spoiling the anime.

And the direction they finally took on the diffuse genre of rimuru to make it 100% masculine, eliminating scenes where men react to the form of rimuru and the parts where the Shuuna and Shion wear use a rimuru like a dress doll (if it even came out in the merchandising) and now lose the scene where they confuse him with a goddess, it seems to me that they finally gave up and went down the safe route for Japanese men to insert themselves in the character because it would be intolerant to be in someone half female, which is terrible because part of the grace of the character was this.

It makes me suppose that they will never adapt those isekai where the protagonist becomes a girl, so it is safe to never see yasei no last boss :(
Feb 25, 2019 1:39 PM

Dec 2016
Haha using Ranga like that to get those kids in line to listen to you.

I thought it was a nice idea Rimuru had in order to try and get some of the excess energy out of those children that they don't need by mock battling them, didn't quite go to plan but had a chance of working.

Yeah a portal spell, that makes things easier.

Shoukoku no Altair, another anime I really enjoyed, still reading the manga's for it.

Rimuru as impressive as always taking out that powerful sky dragon.

That meeting with Mjjolmire went even better than expected, a great business acquisition and then that luck of finding out about the dwelling of spirits, even if it cost Rimuru an arm and a leg.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Feb 25, 2019 1:58 PM

Aug 2014
Damn, that manga that Rimuru was using as a bait for the kids is Shoukoku no Altair, that reference was unexpected xD
Feb 25, 2019 2:03 PM

Sep 2012
Damn, they skipped a lot again.

However, they even failed to adopt the rest too... The show started really good but now ended up like this... That's just sad.

Feb 25, 2019 2:05 PM

Feb 2014
Rimuru used Ranga really well to make sure the five kids would pay attention to him. Intimidation tactic works like a dream. =)

It was just pretty entertaining to see how Rimuru got on with teaching the kids in general. The one-on-one battles was interesting to see what abilities that the kids have, but it was also amusing to see how easy it was for Rimuru to avoid their attacks, too.

During their picnic, a sky dragon comes out of nowhere and starts to attack the city, so Rimuru goes off and transforms into an adult form of himself, which surprised me a bit, although I couldn't help, but notice the bandages around his upper chest, though. Either way, he went off and made the sky dragon look incredibly weak. XD

Rimuru's disguise didn't fool many people and one such person, Mjjolmire, who offered his services to help out Rimuru's alliance. Another thing that was helpful was one of the ladies who knew about the location of the Dwelling of Spirits.

That's something to look forward to next time. Great episode once more. =)
Feb 25, 2019 2:07 PM

Oct 2011
I liked the episode but I'm a bit disappointed with the second half. They changed it enough to make the merchant seem kinda deceptive and his invitation to the village came out of nowhere. In the manga he's a super nice guy who helped Rimuru a lot and has been working for Rimuru even before they met

Feb 25, 2019 3:01 PM

Jul 2017
Even though now the anime is straying far from the manga source, it's not too bad having the Children's arc for a change, and that shows throughout this episode.

Credits to @Grey-Zone for the explanation on change of source material.

Its definitely essential and nice that Rimuru is taking Shizu's place to tutor the kids and grow then into being capable magical warriors in the future. And...having Ranga intimidate the kids is a must haha, love that brief moment.

The Sky Dragon part...as fast as it came, as fast as it went. Happened within a span of 2-3 minutes without any explanation, any obvious takers that the pace is going as quick to pass up any insignificant moments.

And then...part of the Merchant, handled OK but nothing really stands out as the crux now is to help Shizu's students grow to be their best.

4 episodes to go, and the worry stacks up more.
KANLen09Feb 25, 2019 3:11 PM
Feb 25, 2019 3:10 PM

Nov 2016
It was good episode only bad thing was that fast dragon fight, they had to little reduce talkings and make more from that fight dragon vs rimuru because that dragon died like he was nothing.
Feb 25, 2019 3:12 PM

Feb 2017
uzee said:
I liked the episode but I'm a bit disappointed with the second half. They changed it enough to make the merchant seem kinda deceptive and his invitation to the village came out of nowhere. In the manga he's a super nice guy who helped Rimuru a lot and has been working for Rimuru even before they met

they butchered mjolmire char , just like youmu , shuna , cabal , ellen , gido and other side chars .
the anime basically butchered almost all side chars , in this episode they even kinda butchered the kids too😂
Feb 25, 2019 3:54 PM

Mar 2014
Was nice to get away from the constant power-creep for a reminder of how overpowered Rimuru is. Ate that dragon in one move, dang.

The Berserker kid made me lol though. That one caught me off guard
Feb 25, 2019 4:29 PM

Dec 2010
Interesting new arc, I enjoyed Rimuru's display of dominance over that dragon!
Feb 25, 2019 4:53 PM

Feb 2017
Vysarine said:
Was nice to get away from the constant power-creep for a reminder of how overpowered Rimuru is. Ate that dragon in one move, dang.

The Berserker kid made me lol though. That one caught me off guard

it was stated in both manga and light novel , this sky dragon is on par with charybdis .

yep , rimuru just devoured charybdis level monster like it was nthn!😂
Feb 25, 2019 5:03 PM
Oct 2018
i wanted to see rimurus goddes outfit but okay
Feb 25, 2019 5:41 PM

Jan 2019
Short and sweet episode!
Feb 25, 2019 5:51 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode, especially after Mob Psycho episode...
At least this helped me to clean my mind xD

This anime is great but i feel that the only thing that's missing is a serious enemy but maybe it will appear later.
He devoured that dragon so easily hahaha
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 25, 2019 5:59 PM

Jan 2013
Hylianticipated said:

"They'll know who I am if I go in like this."
*Doesn't hide face and puts on gay femboi outfit*
"This'll do."

HAHAHAHAHA Thank you for pointing that out, i thought the same xD
Best comment i've seen on this anime.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 25, 2019 6:07 PM
Jan 2016
Great episode!

I liked a lot how Rimuru managed to get tehir trust before showing Shizu's mask!
Overall i liked all kids, but specially Chloe and Alice are really adorable, also i loved Chloe's magic, Alice magic aswell, and i didn't expect the kid changing to a berserk mode, was awesome!

Btw, Chloe really looks like Shizu, i wonder why!

The fight against dragon was too easy for Rimuru, and i loved the animation in fight, really cool!

Luckily Rimuru managed to discouver where is the Dwelling of Spirits!
Feb 25, 2019 6:36 PM
Aug 2017
Pfff tfw Houseki no kuni was shown last episode and I saw everyone losing their shit xD and this episode they just pulled out Altair and im the only one raving about it.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Jiharo - Feb 11, 2019

227 by GavrocheN7 »»
Today, 5:17 AM

» rimuru is the bad guy

Rukasumi - Apr 11

2 by felixsifuri »»
Apr 12, 11:53 AM

» Help my fellow weebs

Lonely_kun - Apr 5

27 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 7, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

287 by iggggi »»
Apr 7, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2019

202 by BlueQuartzFibre »»
Apr 3, 8:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.