Forum Settings
Forums
Feb 23, 9:00 AM
i started watching it but it ended in a cliffhanger but will there be a season 3? I spelled hoganai lol its haganai

Feb 23, 9:09 AM

Hoganai was a great show, but the second season did start to boar me towards the end. Guess it didn't have that stying power. But it was pretty popular, so anything on a third season would be pig news. Sow the fact that you haven't heard anything means it's unlikely.

Feb 23, 11:16 AM

It doesn't deserve third season because of what they did to yozora. Kobato and yozora are the only good things about the show. fuck niku and kodoka, they are trash and unworthy of kobato.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Feb 23, 11:22 AM

It's been a while since the last season so probably not. I'd also like to see one though.
"Should I be concerned over the obvious delight our daughter takes in the ultra-violence?"
"It's genetic"
-Red Arrow to Cheshire (Young Justice)

Feb 23, 11:25 AM

I think a 3rd season would have a lot more drama than comedy judging by the source material.

Feb 23, 12:44 PM

It has a garbage ending anyway from what I know so it wouldn't be worth it anyway

But unless another studio decides to pick up the series or reboots it, there's a pretty low chance. The original studio kinda died down years ago
'On-Hold' is another way for a completionist to say 'Dropped'

Feb 23, 1:28 PM

Short_Circut said:

But unless another studio decides to pick up the series or reboots it, there's a pretty low chance. The original studio kinda died down years ago

The health of the original studio doesn't really matter -- any decisions to animate more would be made by the publishers / production committee investors who hire the studios, and they could just pick a different studio.

The real issue is that since these shows are made to promote the source material, and the source novels have ended, there's not that much incentive to commission another anime season. The publishers would get a lot more out of promoting a new/ongoing manga/LN/novel series.
"You're encouraging the idea of personal gain without paying a price, working hard, or expending effort? Have you no shame? When you refuse to make sacrifices, others end up making them for you!" -- Medaka Kurokami

Feb 23, 3:16 PM

I'd like to see more of Haganai-I thought it was a pretty good show.
Life Is Short But Intense.

Feb 23, 11:42 PM

thevagus said:
It doesn't deserve third season because of what they did to yozora. Kobato and yozora are the only good things about the show. fuck niku and kodoka, they are trash and unworthy of kobato.

Well, I've read a bit of novels after the anime's end, and Yozora's return is definitely worth seeing in glorious anime quality. Probably OVA quality. *nosebleed*
That said, fan translations dropped after somebody licensed the novels in English, and the licensed novels aren't in a hurry to appear. I wanna know the ending already, damnit!

Feb 23, 11:46 PM
It's a light novel adaptation, those are notorious for rarely ever getting an ending and just being advertisement for their light novel.

This happens with manga adaptations as well, but not nearly at the same level as light novel adaptations. Kadokawa is unrelated to Haganai, but if you see a light novel adaptation and Kadokawa is involved, it's just safe to assume you're not going to get an ending.