Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Feb 26, 2019 1:15 PM
Sep 2016
Mullerio said:
GrandWizardLamp said:

The admin knew everything about eugeo because she is an immortal god.

They explain all of that in the source material. But they cut out the backstories and inner monologue in the adaptation.

If she is an immortal god the dark dudes should be no problem, and yea i heard that the source material is better

That is what I am trying to say. I even posted a reading guide for newcomers on my blog.
Feb 26, 2019 1:40 PM

Sep 2018
GrandWizardLamp said:
If you don't like the show don't watch it. Make an effort to understand the plot from an objective standpoint by listening to others who actually bother to read source material and don't go out of the way to poison the well.

That argument kinda makes no sense,you see when i watch an anime without knowing the source material and the story and Characters suck,the show sucks and i really dont care if the source Material is better because they are 2 things that should work on there own,if one read the source material but the adaptation sucks the anime doesnt get better...

Feb 26, 2019 1:42 PM
Sep 2016
Mullerio said:
GrandWizardLamp said:
If you don't like the show don't watch it. Make an effort to understand the plot from an objective standpoint by listening to others who actually bother to read source material and don't go out of the way to poison the well.

That argument kinda makes no sense,you see when i watch an anime without knowing the source material and the story and Characters suck,the show sucks and i really dont care if the source Material is better because they are 2 things that should work on there own,if one read the source material but the adaptation sucks the anime doesnt get better...

sigh................all in a days work in guess. I'm getting an aneurysm over here trying to defend the original from illiterates who cant put in the effort. If people don't like the adaptation because of the changes made by the studio then im satisfyed.
Feb 26, 2019 1:49 PM

Sep 2018
GrandWizardLamp said:
Mullerio said:

sigh................all in a days work in guess. I'm getting an aneurysm over here trying to defend the original from illiterates who cant put in the effort. If people don't like the adaptation because of the changes made by the studio then im satisfyed.

I never said that the original SAO novel sucks i just say the anime sucks from an anime only viewer standpoint,and yea i tried to understand the story and Characters at some point but just lost all hope
Feb 26, 2019 7:38 PM

Jul 2017
Eugeo got the bewbz. Good job I guess?
Feb 26, 2019 9:08 PM

Oct 2012
This episode as tedious AF. I lost all respect for Eugeo, and the plot line for embedding some stupid metaphor for raw sex into a dilemma.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Feb 26, 2019 9:11 PM

Oct 2012
GrandWizardLamp said:
It's not rocket science. Eugeo was a little bitch from the beginning and this episode solidified it. Now only time will tell if I'm immortal too.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Feb 26, 2019 10:15 PM

Jul 2016
Mullerio said:
GrandWizardLamp said:

I never said that the original SAO novel sucks i just say the anime sucks from an anime only viewer standpoint,and yea i tried to understand the story and Characters at some point but just lost all hope
bcuz you have no sense of pick up things that the episode suggest. You list the BS exmaples but it answered it when you not watch along the scene, but why are you jumping to conclusion. Are you here to nitpick or you watching the anime?

Feb 26, 2019 10:18 PM

Jul 2016
katsucats said:
GrandWizardLamp said:
It's not rocket science. Eugeo was a little bitch from the beginning and this episode solidified it. Now only time will tell if I'm immortal too.
r u watching the same anime or you blind? Are u snowflake? Nitpicking the minor details is easiest to deduce its a shitposter in SAO thread.

Feb 26, 2019 11:42 PM

Feb 2015
That scene was fucking pathetic. Is this what the author thinks convincing psychological or philosophical manipulation looks like? That whole speech's bullshit visibility levels were higher than that of Scientology.
Feb 27, 2019 12:16 AM
Feb 2019
It's my favorite ep !!! I love Quinella. I know amongst us , somebody considers that she is a manipulator... but, it's stronger than me, I love her super xxx body . U Can't avoid the final scene its was so ... intense !!!
Feb 27, 2019 5:28 AM
Dec 2018
Radu_Bey0 said:
Made-In-Heaven said:

Not sure if it's gonna change your mind about him but the anime skipped over his scenes again. In the ln it was stated he was a very lonely child and always had to "pay" with something to even get a tiny bit attention of his parents and siblings, his family in return constantly neglected him and were disappointed with him when he got his calling because they expected him to help out on the fields yet they had no problem to use his wage for themselves while he always had to work with worn clothes and had to eat dry bread.
He's an unloved child and wasn't even allowed to become a father and husband one day because only the oldest son of a family is allowed to marry that's why he believes to be loved you always have to give something back in return and that's why Quinella had an easy time to use his biggest weakness against him.

This is a fucking awesome villain/anti-hero backstory. Why isn't this part of the anime?

Yeah so true if A-1 added that the Eugeo story will much convincing and not confused the reader. Example of this is Orc Disaster backstory the flashback is important for the story.
Feb 27, 2019 6:43 AM

Nov 2010
I actually loved this ep, not much happened it was another dialogue ep, but lot was revealed. I think we finally saw Kirito's plan and how he's approaching this whole thing. He wants to protect this world and has plan for it, i loved how far he has planned during his time there. I also feel kinda bad for him cause he has been quite alone with these thoughts and plans so far.

Also Alice's resolve and resolution were epic. Loved the scene, she's pretty badass and loved how she called out the "gods" too. Damn you game devs for making NPCs suffer!

It's really interesting on what Pointifex used to get into Eugeo's head. I was already spoiled on Eugeo going to dark side, but i was bit surprised on how it was done. Who would have thought he had that jealously in him basically, wanting to be only one someone loved? Or was that also manipulation of Pointifex, manipulating his desiries and hopes into jealously? Cause she almost did not get into Eugeo's head she had to force it and block others from his mind.
Feb 27, 2019 1:18 PM

Nov 2014
Disappointing. I really hoped he will stab her in the last moment, making him even better character. The way it turned out is pretty boring.
Tho I admit she was hot.

Other than that, great episode.
Feb 27, 2019 5:13 PM

Nov 2011
Made-In-Heaven said:
SoraSenpai said:
I actually hate Eugeo more then Kirito. JFC what an idiot

His character got shafted in the anime version. They didn't bother to include the part where his family situation was explained in more details. He's an unloved child and always had to give something in return to even get a tiny bit of his parents' attention who always neglected him in favor of his older brothers and wasted his money that's why he fell into Quinella's trap.
I don't like to constantly repeat things but seeing how badly the anime treated his character I feel a bit obligated to do it. The more understanding reactions from most novel readers who don't blame him one bit compared to anime fans speak volumes.

Yeah I kinda figured that because she kept babbling about how he killed his father and brothers and im sitting here thinking... "What?" even with that though I guess the triangle thing was him being locked out from the voices of reason.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 27, 2019 8:36 PM

Oct 2008
can't deny that this episode was solid great!
OMG! Kirito Asuna would kill you if she found out about the hug of Alice!
lay-off Pontifex bitch! just because you know Eugeo's weakness...you're just using him...
I'm still savouring all the heavenly OSTs of Kajiura Yuki...
5/5.

Feb 28, 2019 12:51 AM

Oct 2011
I was worried they might censor this episode but they didn't. And they even made it epic. Loved that ending song

Feb 28, 2019 1:05 AM
Jan 2018
Mullerio said:
i just wanna ask Eugeo one question why didnt he just used the Knife,because he knew that she could remove memorys....

if Eugeo now turns into one of those Holy knights and fights Kirito and Alice i will just take it and laugh at it,than Kirito makes the same move he made with Alice by telling him his Memorys that he shouldnt even remember but somehow his Heart remembers and than the 3 fight the Holy Bitch and take over.....

i still will watch it because i wanna see the slowly devolotion of the Characters,also because the fights are very well animated and sometimes even choreographed......and of course to meme it :)

Edit:
List of things that made no sense
The Eugeo Scene:
- if Eugeo murdered his Family why isnt he in Prison or a Holy Knight now and if not why belive an enemy that you know and you also know that she can change Memorys
- the "old" Alice saying that Eugeo should ran, oh boy wtf
- Love=Money Wtf?
- it makes sense that a Mother loves her sons all equal
- why even belive the Admin
- why naked
- how does the Admin know everything about Eugeo
-
why take the risk that the Admin could get killed by letting Eugeo alone with her sleeping

- if didnt did it out of hatred what else? its obvious that if your little harem member gets raped you do something right?
Kirito x Alice Scene:
- how can a Heart or Lips remember something...there is muscle memory but i dont belive thats the same
- how can ALice belive some random guy more than everything she got told before

SAO has 0 depth and some maybe say now "omg that Eugeo i feel so sry" or "the development is just insane"and i ask you "development that makes no sense is a good thing?"

EDIT: I dont say the original Novel is bad and i also didnt read it so if some things are explained in the novel thats good,but for a anime only watcher at least some things should be explained right?
Because the anime should make sense to everyone who watches the anime but they still could get explained so we will see,but that Psycho shit just felt wrong and forced isntead of feeling with Eugeo i just laughed....

The Eugeo Scene:
- if Eugeo murdered his Family why isnt he in Prison or a Holy Knight now and if not why belive an enemy that you know and you also know that she can change Memorys

Well he didn't kill them obviously . Admin was just rewriting his flutlight thing in to believing he did . I guess using his treatment from them as a catalyst which for some reason we only find out about now

It's pretty simple what that scene was .it was Apart of his mind telling him to run but in the form of Alice

- Love=Money Wtf?

Mistreated I guess and there's familys that actually do that. Take there child for granted and use them as money machine's and I guess eugeuo doesn't think he's loved

Probably can't help it. His mind is being rewritten
- why naked
dosnt care I guess plus fan service

Why wouldn't she not know . The time it took egueo to get to her she could pretty much get all the info she wants. Or something else entirely .

- why take the risk that the Admin could get killed by letting Eugeo alone with her sleeping

The dagger isn't to kill her it's to link her to Cardinal. It was said a few episodes ago. And doubt it would be that easily to kill someone that lived for 300+ years
Feb 28, 2019 1:54 AM

Jun 2016
Chrome_Falcon said:
Now this is what I call a faithful adaptation. They adapted pretty much everything properly in this episode. Administrator's manipulation of Eugeo was even creepier than in the novel. The ed really fit well at the ending. The way those walls appeared in Eugeo's mind was brutal.
As others said, I think that they should have shown Eugeo's background in the early episodes. This is what happens when you adapt a 3 cour content into 2 cours.
wait what? It should have been 3 cour, damn
Feb 28, 2019 2:32 AM

Jun 2017
Synon7m said:
Chrome_Falcon said:
Now this is what I call a faithful adaptation. They adapted pretty much everything properly in this episode. Administrator's manipulation of Eugeo was even creepier than in the novel. The ed really fit well at the ending. The way those walls appeared in Eugeo's mind was brutal.
As others said, I think that they should have shown Eugeo's background in the early episodes. This is what happens when you adapt a 3 cour content into 2 cours.
wait what? It should have been 3 cour, damn

Yes. Previously for ggo arc, they adapted 2 novels into 1 cour. This time they are adapting 6 novels into 2 cours. So skipping content is inevitable.
Fortunately the next 2 cours adapt only 4 books. So we can expect better adaptation for that.
Feb 28, 2019 8:50 AM

Sep 2018
Mattinator95 said:

The Eugeo Scene:

Well he didn't kill them obviously . Admin was just rewriting his flutlight thing in to believing he did . I guess using his treatment from them as a catalyst which for some reason we only find out about now

It's pretty simple what that scene was .it was Apart of his mind telling him to run but in the form of Alice

- Love=Money Wtf?

Mistreated I guess and there's familys that actually do that. Take there child for granted and use them as money machine's and I guess eugeuo doesn't think he's loved

- why naked

Why wouldn't she not know . The time it took egueo to get to her she could pretty much get all the info she wants. Or something else entirely .

- why take the risk that the Admin could get killed by letting Eugeo alone with her sleeping

The dagger isn't to kill her it's to link her to Cardinal. It was said a few episodes ago. And doubt it would be that easily to kill someone that lived for 300+ years

I know it wasnt to kill her but Eugeo obviously wasnt checked for lethal weapons so if he had one it wouldve been a problem (if she can die from a weapon)

So she just rewrote his memorys......ok
I thought she can do it in an instand,she just inserts this "thing" in the forehead and the memorys are changed like she did in the flashback a few episodes ago,if so why the conversation she couldve just changed them in an instand

The problem for me, if we can interpret these scenes somehow, is that i just cant sympathy with Eugeo because we got near to 0 background and we dont even know why he doesnt feel loved
Feb 28, 2019 10:51 AM
Jan 2018
Mullerio said:
Mattinator95 said:

The Eugeo Scene:

- Love=Money Wtf?

- why naked

I know it wasnt to kill her but Eugeo obviously wasnt checked for lethal weapons so if he had one it wouldve been a problem (if she can die from a weapon)

So she just rewrote his memorys......ok
I thought she can do it in an instand,she just inserts this "thing" in the forehead and the memorys are changed like she did in the flashback a few episodes ago,if so why the conversation she couldve just changed them in an instand

The problem for me, if we can interpret these scenes somehow, is that i just cant sympathy with Eugeo because we got near to 0 background and we dont even know why he doesnt feel loved

No clue . But I agree on the egueo front alot of people keep on telling me that it's another thing the anime has cut from the LN apprently .
Feb 28, 2019 2:28 PM

Oct 2012
In Brazil we call what happened to Eugeo "TOMAR CHÁ DE BUCETA" and I think that's beautiful.
Mar 2, 2019 4:41 PM

Mar 2013
You know, if this was any other show, the whole striptease and seduction thing would just be "whatever, it's anime and this happens sometimes." With this being SAO, though... Eh, I shouldn't be surprised, to be honest. Just left a bad taste in my mouth, that's all.
Mar 2, 2019 5:58 PM

Aug 2010
pontiff: no one loves you eugeo

eugeo: hmm, your right evil person who is purposely fucking over the world and knows nothing about me. Turns out i have random hangups about being loved and i should abandon all my goals and do whatever you say because.... i like boobs?

Like... i get it i guess. What teenager wouldnt throw away everything for boobs?

https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Mar 8, 2019 3:18 AM

Jul 2009
Eugeo!!! Poor guy, Administrator is really evil, she knew he wanted to be loved and lured him...

All that guys making jokes and happy coz this happened...I feel so sorry for him, it's just like when an adult seduces a kid.
Mar 15, 2019 10:18 AM

Dec 2016
Got some harry potter shit going on here. Its like when the horcrux showed Ron that Harry and Hermione were together.

Pontifex can step on my face btw for all i care. God damn.
Apr 2, 2019 9:31 PM

Aug 2017
Niice Eugeo is removing protection inside the purple haired beauty. Attaboy Eugeo finally manning up. Purple hair has everyone beat in the beauty department. Forget about Alice and her manly Knight outfit. She's in Kirito's harem anyway.
Apr 5, 2019 11:41 AM

May 2010
Whoa that was more nudity than I'd expect from SAO. Sweet!

Was Eugeo at least brainwashed or something? Can't believe he'd be stupid enough just to trust her words like that, seriously...
Apr 29, 2019 10:41 PM

Feb 2015
I mean and who wouldn't do the same as Eugeo? I'm sure all MALers would do the same. Well, just to someone he doesn't like; but well, a hole is a hole and it wouldn't change the fact that it's a hole regardless of who it is.

Though besto scene apart from the rape scene...
May 6, 2019 12:16 PM

Jan 2013
Red sacred script lol
And here we go, now we just need to wait for Kirito to show up and get Eugeo back into the "real" world.
May 21, 2019 12:07 AM

Sep 2012
is he a man or not? he acts like fragile girl, getting manipulated so easily

Kitsu-nee said:
Whoa that was more nudity than I'd expect from SAO. Sweet!

Was Eugeo at least brainwashed or something? Can't believe he'd be stupid enough just to trust her words like that, seriously...

ikr, he acts like fragile girl, really lame
Jun 10, 2019 7:27 PM
Jul 2013
Alice is turned: this was nice, touching.
Eugeo is a dumbfuck who, way too easily, gets distracted and brainwashed: not so nice.
Totally called it, great setup, but I wish Eugeo's psychological battle had a bit more "battle" (resistance) to it...
Jun 10, 2019 7:30 PM
Jul 2013
ComboSmooth said:
pontiff: no one loves you eugeo

eugeo: hmm, your right evil person who is purposely fucking over the world and knows nothing about me. Turns out i have random hangups about being loved and i should abandon all my goals and do whatever you say because.... i like boobs?

Like... i get it i guess. What teenager wouldnt throw away everything for boobs?

I mean this tho fr. You're better than this Eugi!!!
Jun 16, 2019 4:35 PM

Mar 2009
Can't really blame him. She's gorgeous. Evil, but gorgeous.

Since when does Eugeo have a mother complex, though? Or was that just her manipulation magic, or whatever?
Jun 28, 2019 10:46 PM

Apr 2014
-That episode was much more compelling than I expected. The directing and music were superb and excellently complemented the scenes and dialogue.

-That's right Alice. FIGHT THE POWER! FUCK THE SYSTEM! REMEMBAH!

-Kirito throwing a coup and assembling a post-revolution army to fight off foreign invaders yup yup.

-So he "forgot" about Kirito all those years because he wanted to hide away his jealousy and pain eh?

-NOOOOOO Eugeo. That delicious purple haired beauty and those T&A are evil! Clearly we missed some of Eugeo's backstory, but if he's had terrible insecurities throughout his whole life regarding being wanted and loved, combined with lust I can see how he'd fall for the trap. But that being said, it's rather counter to his recent displays of mental fortitude throughout most of the show and does seem rather off. I didn't expect him to just COMPLETELY SURRENDER.

-EUGEO! YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO USE PROTECTION, NOT REMOVE IT! THIS COUGAR GONNA DRAIN YOU IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE BOI.
ZeroDragonJun 28, 2019 10:51 PM
Aug 19, 2019 5:04 PM
Apr 2016
Alice after hearing the truth joined Kirito, it seems. Eugeo like every single male besides Kirito, got their end! Thanks author.
Oct 9, 2019 3:21 PM

Aug 2017
Eugeo got totally mind-fucked while Alice managed to break free. Fuck Quinella for doing this to our pure boy.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 30, 2019 1:45 PM

Sep 2014
"REMOVE CORE PROTECTION" and "Come Into Me" Quinella is just too much ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) can't blame Eugeo

Good to see Alice is on the right path now unfortunately with one eye less unless they fix that.
Nov 1, 2019 9:21 PM

Jul 2017
I'm glad some of the novel readers here can enlighten us, it honestly helps a lot! A-1 need to sort some of their priorities out when it comes to adapting this series it seems.

Now if you will excuse me, I can hear the doujins calling for me after this episode ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nov 21, 2019 3:16 PM

Oct 2012
Let's be honest, who would be able to resist Maaya Sakamoto telling them such sweet words.

The closing scene of this episode was very well done, even the process of isolation of his memories from his former friends was well animated.

And Alice part wasn't bad either, now she has one eye less and whole new motivation to add.

But what Kirito doesn't realize right now is that the Gods outside actually want their NPCs to rebel, to overcome their limits and to given defy rules. He doesn't realize he is actually helping them creating souls they want. Only when he train whole world of soldiers he would probably realize his mistake.

Also, he won't be able to save everyone. Not now, not here. When the system is off, they are gone.
Jan 26, 2020 5:43 AM

Dec 2018
what a terrible episode god damn
Jan 29, 2020 2:02 PM

Dec 2019
I think Quinella may just be the best SAO villain so far, the scene at the end was utterly tragic and despair-inducing.
Feb 26, 2020 4:21 PM

Feb 2019
her real name: Alice Zuckerberg
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Apr 9, 2020 2:59 PM

Mar 2010
Best episode I have seen for this entire series, We got to see the fanservice we all been craving. this entire series was a shithole until I laid my eyes on those breasts. Thanks Ponifex for the fan service.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 31, 2020 3:07 PM

Mar 2019
Alice rejected every authority, good

Eugeo is a master cuck, all the sacrifces made to get to Administrator are just wasted because he's a virgin
Jun 13, 2020 11:48 AM

Jan 2010
Lol at Adminstrator, that damn thot.
Also I feel like they didn't make Eugeo resist properly. They portrayed him like some weak-ass horny dude...
Jul 1, 2020 4:28 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Save a person to lose another, it wasn't worth it.
Man, I feel so saddened, not just for the characters' sake but for the way the story shifted, the biggest fears of mine have bee realized, Alicization was kicking some butt until now. I hope the plot can save itself.
Aug 4, 2020 4:39 PM

Sep 2011
I hope that was mostly brainwashing and not Eugeo being an idiot and believeing in her. I was waiting for him to actually stab her instead, but alas, that doesn't seem to be happening. Guess we'll have a Eugoe vs Alice or Kirito fight soon.
Alice asking Kirito to hold her so she can pop her eye all over him is hilariously weird, even if I know that wasn't the intention.
Aug 11, 2020 1:40 AM

Jun 2019
I really enjoyed this episode. The ending and ED was also v nice. Excited having a SAO season actually still be interesting this late into the season. Hopefully it keeps it up...
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.