Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 5, 2019 6:27 AM

Aug 2009
This was definitely the best arc till now. I had the feeling it was easier to follow than the previous two arcs. I always make sure I pay full attention, but sometimes A LOT happens in a single episode which makes it hard to process all the details.

Boogiepop is very interesting. The source material it's based on would obviously be easier to follow, but the anime has one thing that the novel has not and that is sound: exceptional voice acting performances and an absolutely stunning soundtrack that nails the atmosphere of every single scene. Ushio Kensuke's OST is brilliant and one of the best I've heard in recent time. Yuuki Aoi's performance is amazing as well.

8/10 for this arc, still a bit unsure what I'd rate the first two arcs. They might demand a rewatch since this arc cleared up some stuff about Touwa. I'm looking forward to the last arc, but I'll wait till all the episodes are available.

1idd0kun said:
soul_reaper_x said:
One thing which is confusing the hell out of me, is when Boogiepop said that Kuroda saving Nagi eventually lead to Manticore and Echoes eventually happening upon their world. I maybe forgetting things, so can someone explain it to me ?

That line was anime-only. It's not in the novel. It doesn't seem to make sense. Maybe the anime staff misunderstood something.

Kuroda saving Nagi has nothing to do with Echoes or Manticore.

I also did not understand this line, but it makes sense if it's an anime-only line that's wrong.
Mar 7, 2019 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
Keep mining and you'll find gold
Mar 8, 2019 10:13 AM
Apr 2016
It was really awesome how the backstory on Boogiepop's name was connected to Nagi, and more origins of the story. Brilliant anime. Good episode.
Mar 12, 2019 2:09 PM

Feb 2015
Kirima is preparing to confront Makiko, Sasaki is spying her. Kirima arrived to the hospital and asked for Makiko, without success, she was about to leave but another person was going to shoot a tranquilizer, Sasaki intervened and killed her, surprisingly she was Pigeon, and Makiko killed Sasaki from the back, Boogiepop appeared when Pigeon was dying. Makiko started to follow Kirima and ended in the woods, Kirima used an electric weapon to hurt Makiko and Boogiepop intervened to finish Makiko. Kirima accompanied Sasaki in his last minutes, Boogiepop appeared revealing her name. Echos and Boogiepop are talking somewhere, they both returned to their respective places.

Well, I think this arc is finally finished, marked by Boogiepop and Echoe's conversation. Well, this is how Boogiepop acquiered her name. Two awsome characters died protecting Kirima, Kuroda and Sasaki, now Kirima's life is very valuable due to all the events that surround her, and the people involved in her life. Pigeon died too, kind of ridiculous, sacrificing everything behind her, even her relation and status with Towa.
Mar 19, 2019 4:37 PM

Aug 2017
So, Pigeon betrayed Towa and Sasaki. I didn't recognize her with that hair.

The arc is over. It seems like a prequel.

RIP Makiko and Sasaki.

Good arc.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 26, 2019 11:53 AM

Aug 2015
What I didn't like in this episode was that, in that sequence in the small pond, Nagi gets a modest beating by Kisugi but there's never any bruise in her face or any blood around, by the end she's as pretty as ever like nobody even touched her. Even her clothes and hair don't get wet, and Kisugi was even pressing her face against the water... makes me feel that the animation was a bit lazy.

On the other hand, the soundtrack in this anime has been a joy to behold and it has been my favorite soundtrack in an anime in quite some time.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓☆ふわふわる▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ふわふわり☆▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      BE KAWAII         
Mar 27, 2019 9:56 AM

Nov 2016
Easily the best arc, too bad that I didn't binge this one.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 29, 2019 11:37 PM

Mar 2019
These arcs keep getting better and better, so glad I kept watching this show. Nagi is awesome as well
Apr 9, 2019 3:36 AM

Mar 2008
The mention of Pigeon wanting to be a human made me wonder if synthetic humans were given that drug would it make them human?

Why was the bug wiggling inside thing mentioned by several characters so casually? Is that a phrase in Japan? Since it seemed to be understood by everyone without explanation. Or did I miss something?

Why was Ecchos able to speak normally? I thought that he would only repeat what others say? Or does that only apply to on Earth?
Apr 22, 2019 10:46 AM

Nov 2017
This is the weirdest show, putting together the plot points with generic characters who all look the same is really hard.

I'm definitely messing up characters and timeframes now and I can't keep it straight in my head. I thought the girl in the hospital was his daughter? So somebody combined with somebody to become Boogiepop? But who?

It's also really cool. The way it messes with you and has all this dark philosophy is really interesting.
Jun 26, 2019 8:47 AM

Jan 2017
The final battle between Dr. Kisugi and Nagi was meek after an impressive build-up. The doctor did not have a chance to show off her regenerative abilities she boasted about.
Sep 5, 2019 5:09 PM

Jan 2015
Boogiepop is such a complex character.
Jun 22, 2020 11:27 AM

May 2020
BoogiePop come a long just for a minutes. Nagi can protect her self from Insane doctor. Should be a natural fight but the doctor got extra power. No offense, glad BoogiePop came.
Jan 30, 2023 1:29 PM

Jul 2022
This arc was easily the best so far, i really like nagis character
Sep 4, 2023 8:20 AM

Sep 2017
Is this version even canon?
خ
Jan 17, 2:41 PM

Dec 2017
I give 8/10 to this anime just because of the Boogiepop at Dawn arc (4 episodes).
Boogiepop character design is made poorly, Boogiepop Does Not Laugh arc is too short (3 episodes) and bad adapted.
私が見たのが、ブギーポップだったのかどうかは分からない。
Apr 9, 11:12 PM
Oct 2022
She builds an entire bike to take on the fear munchie. Humans have countless bugs inside of them. The man whispers to himself so loud there is reverberation, but he is not heard. I am proud to have a shoutout between the two sets of buttons for the elevator. There was an extra one. The acquired bird. “Cum now (professor) don’t you want to prove that you are human? Don’t you know the famous quote?man was born for love and revolution.” Hell exists and boogie don’t lie to hopes of the dying. The murderer stops to speak to no one. She kicks rocks. She didn’t really want their fear. She wanted their fearlessness for herself. Nagi has the extreme weakness of seeing someone she cares for die in front of her. But she rips off the entire arm of the beast. The bug isn’t so bad. Apparently not even her perfectly executed surprise Electricity attack went the way that she had planned. The world moves in practically all directions at once. Thus boogiepop is named. The rocks are rising in distortion. And that’s it then.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

104 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

45 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2019

32 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

43 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2019

42 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.