Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 22, 2019 5:14 PM

Feb 2017
God I love the way they adapted Beuno’s backstory and introduced King Crimson.
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Feb 22, 2019 5:21 PM

Jul 2014
Kirasaya said:
Brunos backstory was pretty nice, but really another time manipulation stand for the main villain? I mean sure it works different then Dios and Kiras, but would have been nice to see a other type of stand by now.

Araki has noted that he believes that time manipulation is the strongest type of ability a person can have which is why he typically gives that power to his main antagonists.
Feb 22, 2019 5:47 PM

Jan 2013
This episode...wow!
Bruno's backstory was pretty nice and now we know why he also hates drug business.
But that ending...i hope he survives somehow!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 22, 2019 6:12 PM
May 2017
damn i love the way they made king crimson, he doesn't look as autistic as the manga... I still really like it, tho, it's a very unique looking stand and IT JUST WORKS, MAN.
Feb 22, 2019 7:26 PM

Mar 2012
best episode so far, hands down. haven't enjoyed an episode of anime that much in a while.
Feb 22, 2019 7:49 PM

Mar 2016
TARDISES said:
Kirasaya said:
Brunos backstory was pretty nice, but really another time manipulation stand for the main villain? I mean sure it works different then Dios and Kiras, but would have been nice to see a other type of stand by now.

There's a reason main antagonists often have time-related Stands.

Araki feels that time manipulation is such a powerful ability in any form that it just wouldn't feel right to give it to anyone less than a main antagonist (or a protagonist in Jotaro's case)

He kinda broke that rule with Mandom
Feb 22, 2019 7:52 PM

Mar 2016
The sad times begin boys
Feb 22, 2019 8:00 PM

Nov 2011
SHINEEEE KAKYOIN!

Jojo's villain and donuting people, name a more iconic due.

The whole scene was pretty chilling.

Feb 22, 2019 8:22 PM

Aug 2013
Just came here to say IT JUST WORKS.
"Doubting everything that you take on... That is very important. Open your own eyes, clear out your ears, and look and listen to the world... And think using your own brain. After you've doubted everything, there is a possibility of something real to believe in. To believe in something, doubt everything."

Feb 22, 2019 8:36 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
This ep was awesome.

Bruno's backstory was pretty nice to have but the final minutes is really what makes it. Seeing King Crimson was a treat. I'm glad he didn't get the treatment Killer Queen got when he made his first appearance.

I'm very excited for the next episode.
Feb 22, 2019 8:54 PM

Apr 2014
Everybody is talking about King Crimson but can I just say that I thought the elevator scene was VERY well done?

I'm glad we finally got here though. This was probably my favorite scene of the whole part 5 manga, so it was cool to see it animated.
Feb 22, 2019 9:05 PM
Aug 2015
Honestly disappointed that I was spoiled, I probably would've been surprised if I knew nothing of King Crimson and the deaths.
Feb 22, 2019 9:21 PM

Jan 2011
holy shit i don't know what was more insane our boy going out or finding out that i can finally experience the King Crimson meme

that whole church scene was stressful and scary and intense.

to think we've already gotten to the boss and those other gang member's are still out there

normally i really hate backstories that cut in the middle of a huge moment but it really help showcase bruno's conviction towards father's
Feb 22, 2019 9:34 PM

Sep 2016
This is it, we are at the beginning of the end, and as always DP is really doing this adaptation justice even though I read this when DiU was starting to air im really hooked looking forward for more of this guys.

P.S : Both the elevator scenes and Bruno facing off KC are my highlights of the episode.

EvocationWizardFeb 22, 2019 9:46 PM
Feb 22, 2019 10:11 PM
Jul 2018
Oh boy, King Crimson is finally here.

It Just Works™.
Feb 22, 2019 10:50 PM

Jun 2015
Erroratu said:
Tokoya said:
Nope

Somebody spoil me and tell me if best boy is dead because I am not about to accept this shit lol

Feb 22, 2019 11:06 PM

Sep 2017
BouncyDamDam said:
King Crimson erased the ED
lmao it just works dude
Feb 23, 2019 12:24 AM

Aug 2017
King Crimson baby, King Fucking Goddamn Crimson!

IT JUST MOTHERFUCKING WORKS, DI MOLTO!!!!!!
I used to be a watchmaker.
Feb 23, 2019 1:02 AM

Oct 2015
TARDISES said:
There's a reason main antagonists often have time-related Stands.

Araki feels that time manipulation is such a powerful ability in any form that it just wouldn't feel right to give it to anyone less than a main antagonist (or a protagonist in Jotaro's case)

Yet that wasn't the case for Part 7. In fact, it was the opposite of what you said.

Feb 23, 2019 1:15 AM

Nov 2011
Great desu !
Two suspenseful episodes in a row, and this one easily the best episode so far.. It's time to up the score to 9/10 (Great) ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Feb 23, 2019 1:20 AM

Sep 2017
King Crimson is finally here and it's looking so good.
The remake of Berserk is a mistake.
Feb 23, 2019 1:22 AM
Oct 2017
Probably the best episode in all of part 5. Things about to get interesting from now on.
Feb 23, 2019 1:32 AM
Jul 2011
YuhkaiDomane said:
JizzyHitler said:
nah his powers make sense, the meme really only exists cause of the awful translation that existed at the time. This guy did a pretty good abridged explanation of it but obviously, spoilers beware

I know how it works, but the usage of it's power in this episode (bruno using epitaph) makes no sense, unless stand users can apparently share their stand abilities with other people.

Feb 23, 2019 1:58 AM

Jun 2009
I've been waiting for YEARS to finally see my favorite Stand animated. And it was glorious. How do I say this...I had a boner.

Also no, despite what some people in this thread have claimed, King Crimson's ability does NOT make sense and never will. Because Araki himself doesn't understand it and keeps changing it, making some scenes completely contradict others. We've actually had an example in this very episode in the whole elevator scene. KC's ability simply CANNOT make this phenomenon happen. This was literally what The World would be able to do, but not KC.

On a side note, thank god no one ever told Buccelati that people die when they are killed, or he would be in a much....stickier situation there.
Feb 23, 2019 1:59 AM
Oct 2018
Really tense and climactic episode, can't wait until next Friday.

Feb 23, 2019 3:25 AM
Feb 2019
grandy_UiD said:
I've been waiting for YEARS to finally see my favorite Stand animated. And it was glorious. How do I say this...I had a boner.

Also no, despite what some people in this thread have claimed, King Crimson's ability does NOT make sense and never will. Because Araki himself doesn't understand it and keeps changing it, making some scenes completely contradict others. We've actually had an example in this very episode in the whole elevator scene. KC's ability simply CANNOT make this phenomenon happen. This was literally what The World would be able to do, but not KC.

On a side note, thank god no one ever told Buccelati that people die when they are killed, or he would be in a much....stickier situation there.

The boss didn't use KC ability in the elevator
Feb 23, 2019 3:47 AM

Jul 2016
That was truly badass
Feb 23, 2019 4:53 AM
Jun 2016
Don't worry, next main enemy stand

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenFeb 25, 2019 12:48 PM
Feb 23, 2019 5:00 AM

Mar 2015
Everytime I close my eyes...

I WAKE UP CRYING BRUNO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 23, 2019 5:26 AM

Jun 2014
Holy shit, each episode just gets more and more intense. This was probably the best episode so far, that whole scene in the church was so well-executed and seeing the boss and his Stand gave me chills.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 23, 2019 5:35 AM
Sep 2017
grandy_UiD said:

I’m confused. Why wouldn’t he be able to make this phenomenon happen?
Feb 23, 2019 5:44 AM
Oct 2018
Time to put the "masterpiece" rating on this anime.
This episode was very well-executed and I can't find a way to make it better.
Feb 23, 2019 8:22 AM

Nov 2013
Tserriednich >>>> King Crimson
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Feb 23, 2019 10:25 AM
May 2016
KyouKaiTen said:
Tserriednich >>>> King Crimson

It's kind of cute seeing how much influence JoJo's had on Togashi, there's so many blatant references in the current arc. It's cool.
Feb 23, 2019 10:36 AM

Mar 2014
The hype is real. Easily one of the best episodes of VA

I applaud DavidPro's decency to skip ''every time I close my eyes I wake up feeling so horny'' after that brutal cliffhanger

I really hope Buccellati doesn't die tho, that ending was crazy
Feb 23, 2019 11:10 AM

May 2016
Hobgoblin2099 said:
We got some really human moments this episode. That whole divorce thing felt like a fairly realistic exchange and hit kinda close to home!

Of course, the main thing everyone's concerned about is

That funny bro thought it was part 3
Feb 23, 2019 11:12 AM

Jun 2009
collax said:

So what, you're telling me he punched a hole in the elevator, cut Trish's arm off and carried her out of there within a millionth of a second without Buccelati even noticing? Yeah, no...

Supersonic_speed said:

Because he cannot interact with anything while in erased time. Or maybe he can, it's just pointless because it never happened. And assuming he CAN, that makes even less sense, since he never does it again (except once) and there is another scene later on that simply doesn't work if stuff happening during erased time actually happens (and that would also make the entire ability pointless).

Feb 23, 2019 11:13 AM

May 2016
Brunos backstory was pretty nice. Got to see the boss for the first time. And his stand King Crimson is good.
Feb 23, 2019 11:14 AM

Jul 2015
bruuunooo noooo
bruno is in a pinch
that trish playing tsundere tho xd

Well...
Feb 23, 2019 2:16 PM

Aug 2016
Nycro said:
Erroratu said:

Feb 23, 2019 2:16 PM

Mar 2008
sick episode! Looking forward to the next one
Feb 23, 2019 4:22 PM

Sep 2012
It just WORKS.

I totally forgot about Bruno's backstory happening, been ages since I read the manga, so I thought they were going to animate ALL of King Crimson's chapters this week, but the cliifhanger was great so it doesn't matter that much.

Probably around 6-7 more episodes until the best fight of this part, can't wait for it.
Feb 23, 2019 5:04 PM

Feb 2010
finally i can use the meme.

let it be unleashed!

"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 23, 2019 9:11 PM

May 2016
Just when they were starting to get attached to each other with me being very tempted to ship them together, Bruno was suddenly found holding Trish's severed hand, holy shit. The sudden transition to Bruno's childhood initially felt out of place but I got gripped by how tragic it was and how his hatred for drugs came to be as it went on. He'd lost the very reason he has been fighting for after a mere 5 years and now there's no turning back. It was good for him to use his power to help those in need, especially his comrades though.

King Crimson's ability being shown for the first time really emphasizes the nature that one can only explain its power by saying that it just works but it did show some similarity with Golden Experience's ability to make a person'a consciousness go berserk albeit with a time-related twist. I really hope that Bruno wasn't killed by the Boss because Scarlett Emperor turning him into a donut was a very cruel cliffhanger...

Feb 23, 2019 9:17 PM

Jun 2015
So the boss wanted to kill his daughter? why didn't he order his men to do it? why so much bother?
Feb 23, 2019 9:53 PM

Mar 2012
vipergod said:
So the boss wanted to kill his daughter? why didn't he order his men to do it? why so much bother?

He's paranoid. Trish could still be a source for information for his men. He was using a group that wasn't considered evil, so they would've never killed her. If he used an evil group, they could betray him.
Feb 23, 2019 9:59 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Shoryuuken said:
Tokoya said:
Nope

Somebody spoil me and tell me if best boy is dead because I am not about to accept this shit lol

Erroratu said:
Tokoya said:
Nope

I'm shook

Part 4 clearly had me spoiled with how many people survived TwT
Feb 23, 2019 10:18 PM

Oct 2009
Bruno is really best boy in Part 5. Even when he was a young child, he’s earnest, perceptive and very protective of his father. The cause of his father’s injury is the same one that’s being circulated by the leader of the gang he joined.

King Crimson is scary af. The leader is so damn paranoid and made sure he took several steps ahead.
Feb 23, 2019 10:39 PM
Sep 2017
grandy_UiD said:
collax said:

So what, you're telling me he punched a hole in the elevator, cut Trish's arm off and carried her out of there within a millionth of a second without Buccelati even noticing? Yeah, no...

Supersonic_speed said:

Because he cannot interact with anything while in erased time. Or maybe he can, it's just pointless because it never happened. And assuming he CAN, that makes even less sense, since he never does it again (except once) and there is another scene later on that simply doesn't work if stuff happening during erased time actually happens (and that would also make the entire ability pointless).

He can interact with things while in erased time, like he did at the end of episode 19 with the flowers. Whether he can interact with other people is unknown, but it’s not confirmed if he can or can not.

But the ”it just works” memes aren’t for nothing. You can understand how it works, but no one, not even Araki, knows how it works 100% as it has so many inconsistencies (like Bruno seeing himself)
Feb 23, 2019 10:47 PM

Dec 2014
so like the boss wanted the daughter to die...what bullshit... it was easier to kill her then for her to make it the boss...that is just...
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.