Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 22, 2019 5:06 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, sometimes I forget that Yuuki is in fact a princess in this show. She really needs to take more risks as a leader.

Izana fought hard for his life this episode though. That's the life of a soldier I guess. The more this war drags on, the more people will die.
Feb 22, 2019 8:51 AM

Apr 2010
Yuuki seems to have some tactical knowledge but her emotions are forming a major problem in making decisions.
She seems to ignore some good decisions because she fears the loss of life but she what she is doing now will even cost more life and will cause more suffering.
If she listened a bit more to others she could have made some good gains during the course of this episode.
Feb 22, 2019 8:52 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The baby resembles Izana so much, god damn it. He sacrificed himself for the greater good.

Yuki's ideals are not doing much good either at this point, i think Izana might have been the key to ending the war between the two main factions with the crucial information he sent.
Feb 22, 2019 9:24 AM

Feb 2019
People can disagree with Yuki all they want, but she certainly has convictions.

She said in this episode "this is the only way I can do things". It's a straightforward response that she wouldn't even know how to go against her morals. She can't make decisions that go against her convictions, because she can't anticipate any benefit to those decisions. They've already shown the resolve to ignore Yuki's orders. If she is that much of a burden, then they would still be ignoring her...or they would have even let her turn herself over to Grandiga while they continued to fight.

Izana pleaded with Harold at the end to not "go to pieces". I think Izana knew as much as people think Yuki is being too cautious and too protective of life, that Harold is perhaps being too reckless. What good is killing their theater commander, if Soleil has no military force left to push that advantage?
Feb 22, 2019 9:39 AM
Mar 2017
Yuuki is taking the leadership of her army, she learn combat strategies, but also she is pushing the Grandiga empire to consumes their own resources and that in the long run will play against them. Harold continues to oppose the tactics of the little princess and he demands a counterattack, but is Yuuki who makes the final decision.
I laughed a lot watching Yuuki cook, her clumsiness was very adorable.
The empire of Grandiga is mobilized and Harold wants to face them, but apparently they are many enemies and Yuuki decides to evacuate, but Harold desperately tries to persuade her, but again Yuuki has the final decision.
On the other hand, Izana manages to escape from his room and goes to the palace for a last movement before fleeing.
Eine talks to Yuuki so she surrender, but as the woman did not agree to the terms of the princess, she surprises her with an ambush and attacks the city they were evacuating.
Izana makes a huge sacrifice and sends secret information about the incident that happened 12 years ago, but he is discovered and before he dies, he asks them to give his wife the name he chose for his baby. What a horrible way to keep ruining Yuuki's mental health, having to listen as Izana is shot by the enemy, but death starts a new life and Izana's son is born healthy.

By the name of the next episode I think Soleil's army will finally fight back, I hope that the information sent by Izana will be useful for this attack, since its sacrifice would have a greater meaning.
Feb 22, 2019 11:54 AM

Feb 2016
There's no stop on this sad train, This week victim is Izana ;_; him naming his son Ciel was so heartbreaking as he was being attacked after sending vital information about Verde's kingdom.

Lets hope Izana's info isn't left in vain. Go Yuki Go, honestly, how much suffering our loli can take? ;_;
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 22, 2019 1:10 PM

Mar 2013
Izana's death was so obvious from the very moment they revealed that his wife was pregnant.
Feb 22, 2019 1:16 PM

Jun 2010
Gosh, the Yuki episodes of this show are just so much incredibly better than the Stella episodes. It seems Yuki has taken the reigns has a commander for the army managed to somewhat stem the tide of the take over, but they are still losing ground, even if it's more slow than before.

Now the twins want to go on a suicide mission, and we don't know if Yuki gave the order for that, but it seems like it's against her ideals.

I really wonder what the information Izana sent Yuki is, but it probably won't be for another two weeks we find out, since next week will probably just be another Stella episode.
Feb 22, 2019 1:27 PM
Jun 2014
I didnt like this episode. Each episode i dont like yuki more and more. She reminds me of asseylum from aldnoah zero who i despised. I want more stella!
Feb 22, 2019 2:57 PM

Nov 2013
Yuuki shapes up to be a leader of my liking. Letting Grandiga fight meaningless battles is a good strategy. Starve them and bleed them dry!

Izana's death was heroic and sad. He secured much needed information for his country. I had the hunch, that their use of the mineral is somehow responsible for the crisis of the planet.

The objection of the enemy commander to use the new model made him almost likeable and gave him a shred of humanity.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 22, 2019 3:27 PM

Oct 2007
I have to say, the princess actually has a good strategy.. they are outnumbered, so only fight battles they can win, withdraw if the enemy has superior forces - although the enemy was able to predict her tactics later, causing some losses. The princess will learn more about war tactics as it goes on.

Izana is a hero, he could have escaped on that boat but choose to risk sending the information.

About trying to assassinate enemy commander... could be good or bad. Good if the empire cannot replace her right away, or replace her with someone incompetent. Bad if she get replaced with someone more cruel, or more intelligent. Also bad if assassination attempt fail, Yuni and her brother die for nothing.
Feb 22, 2019 6:19 PM
Jul 2011
That was heartbreaking even though it was predictable. This episode was much more better than the last episode.

I only look forward for this show every 2 weeks...
Feb 23, 2019 5:33 AM

May 2018
well the princess quickly took a level in badass.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Feb 23, 2019 6:37 AM
Overthinker

Jun 2017
Glad Yuki's strategic thinking is being put to good use. I can understand the frustration we all feel but I think that's also kind of a good thing. In most anime an idealistic protag is rewarded for their naive thinking. Not this one and that's why their nation keeps losing ground. It's at least good to see Yuki hasn't been completely broken by all this though.

But I wonder if she told the family about Izana's death. Between Izana and the twins willing to risk their lives, the soldiers of the Soleil are the real superstars of this anime. Also looking forward to reading that report. I never questioned the tech before but I think this anime is about to get even darker.
Feb 23, 2019 8:02 AM
Jan 2017
This show is turning out to be the sleeper hit of the season (and it might take a while for people to find it).
Feb 23, 2019 9:15 AM
Jan 2019
Princess reacts damn. Having the chief of staff nearby could have had the opportunity to stop the advance of the Empire to memos for a long time. Without sacrifices there are no results, it is the harsh reality of a War. On the other hand, Izana is sad. He was a good man, he died, but he left a great contribution for his kingdom the truth about the "Chars", the beginning of the war. Hopefully this will turn events around. One life dies and another one is born. PS: If only they had someone like Lelouch "Zero" in this series xD.
Feb 23, 2019 9:43 AM

May 2018
Wlep that's it for Izana, thought he did give himself up to then Grandians, in the end , he redeem himself by providing the info about then Kingdom of Verde Char's......Frankly Yuuki has some great tactical knowledge, but unfortunately, I really find her annoying that she lack any resolve to sacrifice the lives of her men. Frankly , her men were dying with their tail in between their legs , this why you don't let a kid run things that only an adult can......I hope her general would oust her as the queen.
Feb 23, 2019 10:40 AM
Feb 2019
if I'm in the anime. I will kill Yuuki. She sucks. Worst chara in this season
Feb 23, 2019 1:54 PM

Jun 2015
yuuki's character so far just isn't for me, but i have to applaud the voice actor and her performance at the least.
Feb 23, 2019 6:03 PM

Dec 2016
I like how Yuki is pretty good at certain strategies and tactical decision but she doesn't have the heart to make the most important decisions though.

Izana went down as an absolute legend, whatever he sent will definitely turn the tide of war.
Feb 23, 2019 9:52 PM
Feb 2019
Kinda love all the negative comments against yuuki (cus I think that they really do not understand yuuki's personality), she is not very experienced but she have good tactics, she's doing her best with the resources she have, she is not war commander, she's a kingdom ruler it's completely reasonable that she'll look after her people!!

I think Izana's dead it's the only thing I was able to predict accurately, since the plot always takes different ways
Hope his dead was not worthless

Ciel: Sky in French, I like it but IMO it's more like a female name
I was expecting that yuuki would say "nice to meet you Ciel" when she hold him
That would have added more sadness to scene
Feb 24, 2019 1:24 AM

Apr 2016
Izana could have taken the boat to flee, I did not believe he would die but this show doesn't fear to kill heroes and future fathers and as a result Izana took the road of sacrifice to find and send crucial informations about the chars. Maybe these things turn into atomic bombs after too much use ?

Good to see that the empire's army has its own limits to their expansion and it is also interesting that their army's commander is shown as reluctant to use the new chars and is making objections to the emperor. It's not only on soleil's side there are disagreements about the use of this technology.

We are at episode 8 and I still have no clue about how this show will end. I had some fears the show would destroy itself but it's not the case so far. A new layer is added with the backstory of a third kingdom, another one with the semi-independence of one region reluctant to follow the orders of the 12 years old princess, there's no complete reversal of the war situation in one episode, ...

It's really consistent and well-written so far.

Nequiz said:
Kinda love all the negative comments against yuuki (cus I think that they really do not understand yuuki's personality), she is not very experienced but she have good tactics, she's doing her best with the resources she have, she is not war commander, she's a kingdom ruler it's completely reasonable that she'll look after her people!!

completely agree.

A chance people here aren't army commanders, they would just let us all (soldiers and civilians) die to win one battle and they would probably lose the war "alone" after that :)

Feb 24, 2019 6:23 AM
Aug 2013
WolfDFireLeo said:
Princess reacts damn. Having the chief of staff nearby could have had the opportunity to stop the advance of the Empire to memos for a long time. Without sacrifices there are no results, it is the harsh reality of a War. On the other hand, Izana is sad. He was a good man, he died, but he left a great contribution for his kingdom the truth about the "Chars", the beginning of the war. Hopefully this will turn events around. One life dies and another one is born. PS: If only they had someone like Lelouch "Zero" in this series xD.

But, Princess Yuuki is "Zero" from -Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho-
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~
~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ God's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~
Feb 24, 2019 6:48 AM

Nov 2011
Izana sending that info will eventually lead him to being a hero of this war. Someone his wife and children can be proud of (even though they clearly were already)

Yuki while annoying I can feel for her. She is conflicted when it came to a lot of matters in this episode. Granted she has a one track mind at this point but I feel like she will start to take more chances.

They keep killing the best characters!!! IZANA

When are they going to kill some Blue team people. I could see the dude who runs the Orphange get killed.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 24, 2019 11:45 AM

Jun 2013
Man, the feels keep on coming. As long as they don't bring characters back to life *coughaldnoahzerocough*, it will keep getting a thumbs up from me. Not the best anime, but those feels..
Feb 24, 2019 12:54 PM
Jan 2016
Izana did his best for his country, her contribuition with information, her death was truly like a heroe! R.I.P Izana!
Feb 24, 2019 3:27 PM

Aug 2018
My lord, Yuki annoyed me so much this episode, by her "good thinking" attitude... I mean this is war, right ? You cannot only order retreat, sometimes you gotta strike or you won't win anything.

And who the hell got the idea to let a teenager princess being the highest military commander lmao

I was fairly happy that Izana died. To be clear : Yuki is indeed young and only desires everyone from both side to live, but... after her best friend's death and now one of her loyal subordinate's one, she might start to react. Or does she want another person from her side to die before she eventually gets any anger / hatred toward her enemies ? God I just hope she becomes less passive and more active.
Feb 24, 2019 4:38 PM

Jan 2011
for a while Izana had death flags and this episode sealed his fate he died serving his country ,his death did land a lot harder since hes been here from the start

only time i was in disagreement for Yuuki's action was at the end trying to get the chief that seemed like a Huge gain if it worked out in the endgame of this war,other than that shes just trying to keep as many people alive .

though finding out about these new tech for the chars will be big

Feb 24, 2019 7:27 PM

Mar 2014
its already ep 8 so when will stella betray empire and work for yuuki princess.
Feb 24, 2019 7:48 PM

Dec 2015
3/5

@ButtSlapper Nobody ever promised that, apart from some fellow spectators.
Feb 25, 2019 4:28 AM

Oct 2007
Nequiz said:

I think the princess is actually doing a decent tactic. They are totally outnumbered... the 24 additional wonder weapons by Harold won't matter much when they face.. as said in a previous episode.. at least 50,000 enemy soldiers. Starving the empire out of resources is still the better tactic. Although in my opinion as well... Harold and the twins are right in that they need to risk killing the enemy commander. Can't wait for next week! >___<
Feb 26, 2019 5:21 AM
Jul 2012
this anime underrated I seeing what the princess go through sucks for her.
nepu nepu
Feb 26, 2019 10:10 AM

Oct 2008
damn! endless bad events keeps on going!
5/5.

Feb 28, 2019 11:08 AM

Dec 2018
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, sometimes I forget that Yuuki is in fact a princess in this show. She really needs to take more risks as a leader.

Izana fought hard for his life this episode though. That's the life of a soldier I guess. The more this war drags on, the more people will die.

When Izana died it was so sad, he did so much for Yuki and others. I get that Yuki needs step up but she also a child so I feel for her. Overall really good episode!!
Feel free to check my anime list profile and my twitter account The Future Is Ani1!! For all things anime!! I hope you have great day!!
Mar 1, 2019 8:00 PM

May 2017
While I agree that Yuuki has become a good strategist, I do not think she is a very good tactician. There were two instances where the commanders had great suggestions that were shot down. Probably one the worst decisions she made was the way she evacuated the troops from one northern state to another. There were two problems with this decision. One, all of the troops appeared to be clustered together which has obvious implications. Two, they were basically hugging the northern border which was known to have enemy troops within the vincinity. That ambush could have been seen a mile away. What she should have done was move the same direction but with the troops scattered in a north-south column or in smaller groups around the carriers. If this was done, then any ambush would only affect a few troops and once this happened, the others could have formed a pincher attack on the ambushing troops. This would have saved a lot more lives and would still give them an option to take out the enemy leader. As far as the episode goes, I really liked it and have no complaints. Although, I would like to know more about the Empire's chief of staff because we have not seen her background story yet.
Mar 21, 2019 12:46 PM

Aug 2017
It seems that the Princess improved greatly since her last appearance.

RIP Izana.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 22, 2019 11:24 PM

Jul 2016
Man, Harold is about to lose his shit with Yuuki but I can't really blame him I mean, "kind" ideals don't win wars. Yuuki may be a saint but that definitely won't stop the enemy commander from killing her if she had the chance.

Uh ok... suddenly, there's another Kingdom ("Verde") and there's also new information about the Chars the Kingdom can use in order to win some ground in this war. Way too convenient if you ask me since the Kingdom's people are at their limit now but well.

Also, I can't ignore how easy Izana had it to spy the enemy commander, escape and then reach the control room without being noticed.

Anyways, that said and despite the plot conveniences in this episode, Izana's death was handled in a wonderful way... "Ciel", such a beautiful name indeed.
Jul 20, 2020 4:08 AM

Jul 2015
Really thought Yuuki would at this point make some important decions that can potentially win the war but with the high risk of losing some people, guess I was wrong. At least she shows some signs of being able to use some great tactics despite her young age. Izana's death was inevitable, pretty sad for his family at least he got to name his newbory son...

Feb 21, 2022 7:19 AM

Feb 2020
RIP Izana. He did a good job.

Poor Yuki... :(

More topics from this board

Poll: » Egao no Daika Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 25, 2019

54 by removed-user »»
Nov 15, 2022 5:19 PM

Poll: » Egao no Daika Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

98 by Serafos »»
Feb 21, 2022 12:52 PM

Poll: » Egao no Daika Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2019

41 by Serafos »»
Feb 21, 2022 12:08 PM

Poll: » Egao no Daika Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

41 by Serafos »»
Feb 21, 2022 11:10 AM

Poll: » Egao no Daika Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2019

50 by Serafos »»
Feb 21, 2022 10:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.