Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 28, 2022 5:20 AM

Jun 2021
Futaro is such a chad he inspire me to actually study.
Aug 19, 2022 5:48 PM
Dec 2017
I was hoping he would get dumped. I have no idea how he'd get back but that would be a nice problem to solve in the storytelling scripts. I'd like to see how the author wound untangle the knots of this problem.
Aug 30, 2022 10:30 AM
Sep 2020
very good, and it's funny , I like it
Sep 2, 2022 3:44 PM
Aug 2022
A really fun story
Dec 8, 2022 7:47 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Debacle... but the end was...hilarious? kekeke
Jan 1, 2023 9:31 PM
Oct 2019
On Quintessential Quintuplets S137, !!!!!!!SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!!!!
Unfortunately, Miku’s individual character was not all too relevant in this episode. Repeated traits that show up are her kindness and receptiveness to Uesugi, briefly shown in her light smile when Uesugi compliments her grades. I will say however, I felt like her impression of Yotsuba was the most impressive when they were trying to sneak into school after being late for exams. Her quick historical reference, spoken to herself after succeeding, also reminded me of my own referential quips, helping me to relate more with her character. If her character stops being written competitively, then her rank would probably drop.
2. Itsuki
I believe this episode provided important character development for Itsuki as it showed her willingness to accept her faults. After learning the truth about Uesugi’s situation, she becomes apologetic toward him and expresses a desire to make it up to him by buying him a snack. She becomes more vulnerable toward Uesugi as a result of the incident, and in doing so, begins to seem more appreciative of his tutoring by asking help from him and, with a smile, dropping her hostility to allow Uesugi to stay over to tutor them for another night. She allows herself to learn and grow from her mistakes. Additionally, her psychological complexity is further hinted at in this episode in being the only one hesitant to lie to the teacher about being late and outright apologizing to Uesugi. In theory, it may stem from the aforementioned great expectations she places upon herself, that led her to stubbornly not ask for help when she was heavily struggling with studying in episode six. This, combined with her character growth, paints a more empathetic image of her that I was better able to connect with as I was able to see myself more in who she was.
3. Nino
I’m starting to appreciate where Nino’s character is going. This episode goes to show that Nino isn’t completely a dense wall in the way of Uesugi, but is rather able to consider him in a more supportive light. We see this in how she passively observes Uesugi tutor Itsuki without a noticeable desire to interfere, how she drops her guard when Uesugi encourages her on the way to school, and more importantly, how she unhesitantly goes out of her way to deceive her own father to give Uesugi a second chance at his job. This aligns with the previous episodes that establish the idea that Nino is only hostile for the sake of her sisters, only trying to protect them from the potential threat that is their tutor. The writing for her character may possibly be more intriguing, therefore, if the show continues on this slower route of a change of heart toward Uesugi, unlike what we’ve seen with the quick change in receptiveness we saw in Ichika and Itsuki. If so, I’d like to see how her softening character may potentially climb to take the number one spot as most people have placed her.
4. Ichika
Like Miku, Ichika’s individual character was not too relevant. Again she is resourceful and reasonable in this episode by continuing to play along with Uesugi, against her philosophical aversion to study, and lending him a helping hand to return to Itsuki. Unlike Miku, Ichika dropped as she was only really good for episode 6 thus far. Additionally, I don't really see her relationship with Uesugi growing past the point it already has, so until then, she remains low.
5. Yotsuba
Nothing has changed, though her childishness shines again in this episode by answering based on chance and being gullible to believe she passed all 5 subjects after seeing her own failing test results. Her insignificance in the show is perfectly exemplified in how she’s already at school while the quintuplets are rushing to school with Uesugi. She doesn’t feel all that present in the conflicts Uesugi has with the rest of them and it’s unfortunate.

Extra Notes:
Uesugi’s kind heartedness shines in this episode, volunteering to provide each of the quintuplets feedback in spite of believing he’s fired. It’s not half-assed either, as he makes reasonable points that target their individual strengths and weaknesses, not general advice that isn’t guaranteed to assist them all. The episode was also funny as usual, with moments that felt heart-warming, thus making it succeed as a nice rom-com. One thing I will say though is that I don’t get why Uesugi had to lie to Itsuki. I found that annoying and unnecessary.
AnimeMakesMeSadJan 1, 2023 9:40 PM
Jun 29, 2023 12:53 AM

Jun 2021
despite some unrealistic moments (Futaro, haven't you noticed yet that Itsuki has star-shaped pins to tell her apart from the other sisters? He's able to recognize them for pajamas but not hair accessories?) or the guard at school being fooled by girls with very different hair lenght (even if Futaro himself doesn't get away with it, that would have been way too absurd)... this was again a good episode, for the shenanigans during the late run to school, "i'M dOiNg It FoR rAiHa-ChAn!", the fact that the tests aren't actually good once again, and the tsundere with butterfly-esque hair pins that tries to save the situation at the phone.
Aug 22, 2023 11:22 PM
Sep 2020
Cute ep!

Always takes me a bit to get used to the art quality, but still a cute and wholesome overall ^^
Dec 16, 2023 6:52 PM

Nov 2023
Well what was that this episdoe lol
Feb 4, 6:07 PM

Jul 2023
Good thing Kūtarō will stay. For Nino to lie for him, it seems she must be starting to like him.

That Miku slept with him did not bring about the awkward moment as I expected, but it feel awkward for her.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

301 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

112 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 9, 6:45 AM

» My review of the 5-toubun no Hanayome

aTi - Apr 4

17 by ElmoBoredAsf »»
Apr 5, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2019

237 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

193 by Tiger_Tank-II »»
Mar 3, 1:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.