Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 21, 2019 8:48 AM

May 2010
vhagar8 said:
About that "hate thread"
@Johan I'm still waiting for lesson 2 of anime 101

OT: not that much to say, the list of anime I'd like to watch is like 4 times bigger than my watched list, I'd kind of like to be ruinning out of things to watch in a certain sense lol

Hahahaha. The mods didn't like my intelligence & anime thread :[

A bit deterring for making a part 2 :c

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 21, 2019 10:51 AM

Nov 2009
Lincompoop said:
Having completed most of the top shows above 8.2/10 rating from MAL except for long series like naruto shippuden, one piece etc...

there doesn't seem to be any anime that excite me anymore except for some of the ongoing seasonal anime which I prefer to binge in one shot after completion of the series.

I have seen some really good 7.5~8.0 shows that deserved way higher ratings as well as overrated trash such as no game no life (imo). But still, we really need anime studios to produce more anime with quality content instead of churning out quantities without any substance.

Congratulations. You've finished all the low-hanging fruit. You are now a veteran anime watcher with 250+ titles and 80+ hours of anime under your belt. Now you know what anime has to offer, know what you want to see and what you don't.
If you still want some good anime, you have to work on it. Shuffle through the low-rated shows, dig into the archives of old stuff, try out the newest ongoings and so on.
Good luck, and may Haruhi be with you.
Feb 21, 2019 11:07 AM

Sep 2017
baccano!
gankutsuou
dororo
gin no saji
golden kamui
haibane renmei
higashi no eden
kara no kyoukai series
in this corner of the world
mononoke (tv series)
perfect blue
princess tutu
patema inverted
Maquia: When the Promised Flower Blooms
sayonara zetsubou sensei
the girl who leapt through time
XXXHOLIC
promised neverland
yami shibai
Night Is Short, Walk on Girl

but how can you be running out after only 259 shows? i feel like you still don't know how to find a show you know you'll enjoy.

Feb 21, 2019 11:12 AM

Aug 2018
Dude, my PTW list is longer than your completed list. You still haven't watched much, too soon to despair.

My recommendation, check my list, anything above 7 is worth imo, even some 6. You can check someone's else list if you don't want to check mine. It's a pretty easy way to learn about new shows.

Another one is searching for shows of an specific genre.
Feb 21, 2019 4:18 PM

Jun 2015
LOL basing what to watch on mal scores, what a cuck man!
Feb 21, 2019 4:18 PM

Jun 2015
LOL basing what to watch on mal scores, what a cuck man!
Feb 21, 2019 5:15 PM

May 2009
I could @ the above commenter to notify him about LOL posting twice, and even imitate his needlessly insulting language, but it'll just be more fun if I simply point out this fact without doing so.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 21, 2019 5:38 PM
Jul 2018
Properly the easiest way to do it picks a random show and see where it takes you. As most have said earlier, just pick from the synopsis of shows and go from there. Of course we will avoid you giving Ecchi shows because you seem to hate that.
Feb 21, 2019 5:55 PM

Jul 2017
space dandy
aku no hana
magi
redline
terraformars
alderamin in the sky
shidonia no kishi
oregairu
Feb 21, 2019 5:58 PM

Nov 2014
Don't bother taking Mal ratings seriously, you'll just restrict what shows you're going to see by doing that.

Simple solution to your problem; Find genres, directors, studios etc that you like, look at their catalog and expand your pool of anime. Rinse and repeat.

Also start getting into manga
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2019 7:08 PM

Oct 2010
Lincompoop said:
Salamak said:
baccano!
gankutsuou
dororo
gin no saji
golden kamui
haibane renmei
higashi no eden
kara no kyoukai series
mononoke (tv series)
perfect blue
princess tutu
patema inverted
sayonara zetsubou sensei
XXXHOLIC
promised neverland
yami shibai

but how can you be running out after only 259 shows? i feel like you still don't know how to find a show you know you'll enjoy.

most of the titles you suggested look pretty meh

Well, with this bit considered, we can finally label this a troll thread.
Feb 21, 2019 7:22 PM

Jun 2014
Lincompoop said:
Having completed most of the top shows above 8.2/10 rating from MAL except for long series like naruto shippuden, one piece etc...

there doesn't seem to be any anime that excite me anymore except for some of the ongoing seasonal anime which I prefer to binge in one shot after completion of the series.

I have seen some really good 7.5~8.0 shows that deserved way higher ratings as well as overrated trash such as no game no life (imo). But still, we really need anime studios to produce more anime with quality content instead of churning out quantities without any substance.

Then stop watching anime if you think you're done. Pretty easy.
Feb 21, 2019 8:22 PM

Sep 2017
Lincompoop said:
Salamak said:
baccano!
gankutsuou
dororo
gin no saji
golden kamui
haibane renmei
higashi no eden
kara no kyoukai series
mononoke (tv series)
perfect blue
princess tutu
patema inverted
sayonara zetsubou sensei
XXXHOLIC
promised neverland
yami shibai

most of the titles you suggested look pretty meh

they mostly have a good story (not a good animation if you want wit studio quality). don't label them without trying..
though we have a low affinity.. but still i'd atleast watch an episode before judging.
SalamakFeb 21, 2019 8:27 PM
Feb 21, 2019 11:28 PM

Apr 2015
If you're going based of MAL ratings then you haven't seen nothing at all.
Feb 21, 2019 11:42 PM
Aug 2017
Don't listen to the ratings and just give the shows with lower scores a try. I'd say even shows that many people dislike should be given a try,cause you never know if you'll like them or not. That was the case for me with satsuriko no tenshi
Feb 21, 2019 11:51 PM
Feb 2014
First, stop limiting yourself by only watching anime above a certain rating, there's many really great anime rated below a 8, i usually find a lot of great anime are rated somewhere in from 7 to 7.90, so don't be afraid to explore!

Based on your list i would suggest these two titles for now:

Shoukoku no Altair(since you liked Code Geass and FMA)

Mawaru Penguindrum(Since you liked Steins;Gate)
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Feb 21, 2019 11:59 PM

May 2015
alot of my favourite anime arent top tier rated. Mainstream people over rate stuff so there are so many anime out there you might like
My Candies:
Feb 22, 2019 1:13 AM
Jul 2018
Yikes, watching anime just based on MAL ratings is a big mistake.

I recommend going to a big search engine that can search themes - not just genres - and search for stuff that interests you in the overall plot.

Animenewsnetwork has a decent search engine for themes.
Feb 22, 2019 5:36 AM

Aug 2010
Seen 200 shows, lots of them aren't even good shows. HEY GUYS I'M RUNNING OUT OF GOOD STUFF TO WATCH.

Try watching anime.
Feb 22, 2019 7:05 AM

Dec 2015
If you haven't watched the long ones, then watch the long ones. It'll keep you preoccupied for a long while until you can find some more.
Feb 22, 2019 7:09 AM

May 2010
ItsYaBoyShikari said:
Seen 200 shows, lots of them aren't even good shows. HEY GUYS I'M RUNNING OUT OF GOOD STUFF TO WATCH.

Try watching anime.

LOL PLEASE NO, WHY YOU GOING SO HARD.

Also i haven't seen you in here in yearssssssssssss.

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Feb 22, 2019 7:11 AM

Jul 2015
Why are you watching Genocyber if you're looking for good anime, OP?
Feb 22, 2019 7:23 AM

Nov 2010
So pretty much recommend me shows with popularity between 7,5-8,2? xd

Should I start with my 10s that have 8 or below on MAL? ^^;

Tiger and Bunny- 8,02
Jinrui wa suitai shimashita - 7,85
Free! + Free! Eternal Summer - 7,56 & 7,84
Yuri on ice- 8,14

Some 9s for me:

- Haibane Renmei - 8,02
- Sayonara zetsubou sensei - 7,97
- Black Rock Shooter tv- 6,97 (huh even below 7 that's harsh mal)
- Zetsuen no tempest - 8,09

That's quite many good shows of various genres you haven't watched.
Feb 22, 2019 7:25 AM

May 2013
Deathko said:
Why are you watching Genocyber if you're looking for good anime, OP?
I like the shock factor of grotesque gore/violence. I think its outdated visuals made it look tame in comparison with a show like "Another".

Feb 22, 2019 11:07 AM

Jan 2014
-Running out of good anime to watch
-Goes to OP's Profile
-has only completed 259 anime
-my reaction

Feb 22, 2019 12:30 PM

Oct 2015
I've looked at all the entries in your list and all of them are well-known shows with one exception which is a show called 'Genocyber' I haven't heard before. Don't tell me you've run out of stuff to watch when there are so many lesser known gems you're missing out on because you select what to watch on the basis of popularity.
Feb 22, 2019 12:36 PM

Sep 2012
Maybe you should consider watching a show by not looking at the score.
Feb 22, 2019 12:42 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Ignore scores and hunt for something that seems to be interesting concept'wise? Or for Any reason. :/ Quit the sheep mindset.

I mean somehow I never run out of Anime to enjoy.
Feb 22, 2019 12:52 PM

Aug 2018
Guiding yourself by score ratings is not necesarily the worst idea, but at the same time, MAL scores aren't the be all and end all to gauge anime quality. I mean, some people rate stuff with 10s after watching just one episode.

Also, don't be afraid to watch a show that is not "the best". First off, how can you appreciate the really good stuff if you don't also experience the flawed? Maybe it's time to go for the "not the best but alright" anime, or even the bad ones. Second, I'd feel like I'd be insulting myself if all I did was follow what other people say. Taking notes and recommendations is fine, but at the end, every one of us is different and there may be shows out there that while not being praised constantly, may be the best thing for you, you just gotta take the risk.
Feb 23, 2019 1:55 AM

Feb 2018
ya you rated Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu a 5
its more likely you just have shit taste as opposed to "Running out of good anime to watch"
Feb 23, 2019 2:48 PM

Sep 2016
One of the reasons I have 1000+ anime in my PTW was by joining the AWCC and doing the 20XX Challenges, it forced me to look for obscure or underrated anime I would never have watched in the first place.
But seriously, I just can't relate to this, I'm a completionist at heart, and it stresses me out to know that I've barely scraped the surface.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

88 by FFandMMfan »»
2 minutes ago

» angry sub only users ( 1 2 )

Yorda_trico - Apr 15

92 by FanofAction »»
4 minutes ago

» Have you tried to rewatch your old childhood anime shows as a more conscious anime fan?

RobertBobert - 10 hours ago

18 by KitsuFrost »»
9 minutes ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream?

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

42 by WaffleMaster89 »»
12 minutes ago

» Do you find how the anime community finds something to be edgy annoying?

vasipi4946 - 16 minutes ago

0 by vasipi4946 »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.