Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 22, 2019 4:41 PM

Feb 2010
silly @PsychoticDave forums are for shit posting discords are for serious discussion.

on a serious note you might have just posted the meme in the wrong discussion channel

each channel has its own rules.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Feb 22, 2019 5:10 PM
Feb 2014
Don't know who in their right mind would want to get involved with the 41% crowd.
Feb 22, 2019 7:30 PM
Dec 2014
discord is definitely good for shitposting
Feb 22, 2019 7:36 PM
Dec 2014
rule in discord:

3. All spoilers must be given using Discord's spoiler function with ||spoiler||. You need to specify the show that is being spoiled beforehand.
Example: Fairy Tail: ||Erza is cute||. Specify the show for images as well. Spamming the spoiler function and using it for other reasons than spoiling is disallowed.
Feb 22, 2019 7:37 PM

Jul 2015
hazarddex said:
silly @PsychoticDave forums are for shit posting discords are for serious discussion.

on a serious note you might have just posted the meme in the wrong discussion channel

each channel has its own rules.

I feel like shitposting is pointless to begin with, but Discord would make more sense than the forums for shitposts, imo.
But apparently I was banned not for the meme but because I spoiler'd it. An even dumber reason than I could have possibly imagined.
Feb 22, 2019 7:38 PM

Jul 2014
lmao this thread full of autism. OP claiming not to be salty yet still responds 3 pages in.

Feb 22, 2019 7:41 PM

Jul 2015
Major_Norman said:
rule in discord:

3. All spoilers must be given using Discord's spoiler function with ||spoiler||. You need to specify the show that is being spoiled beforehand.
Example: Fairy Tail: ||Erza is cute||. Specify the show for images as well. Spamming the spoiler function and using it for other reasons than spoiling is disallowed.

Still. One picture spoilered.
A warning seems more appropriate since it's a weird ass rule that no other Discord has. An immediate ban for a mistake that hurts or offends no one is just pathetic and lazy moderation.
Feb 22, 2019 7:54 PM
Dec 2014

how many warnings did you have
PsychoticDave said:
Major_Norman said:
rule in discord:

A warning seems more appropriate since it's a weird ass rule that no other Discord has. An immediate ban for a mistake that hurts or offends no one is just pathetic and lazy moderation.
Feb 22, 2019 7:57 PM

Jul 2015
Major_Norman said:

PsychoticDave said:

None. I came back so long after my last ban, I don't even remotely remember what it was for. Don't think I was warned for that one either, but iirc, it was deserved anyway. If it wasn't, I probably would have made this post then.
Feb 22, 2019 7:59 PM
Dec 2017
You were not banned for the use of the word fuck, we don't ban for that. You were not banned for the meme either. If you actually read the rules you would know and understand why you were banned. "3. All spoilers must be given using Discord's spoiler function with ||spoiler||. You need to specify the show that is being spoiled beforehand.
Example: Fairy Tail: ||Erza is cute||. Specify the show for images as well. Spamming the spoiler function and using it for other reasons than spoiling is disallowed." You posted the meme under the spoiler tag when 1. It's a meme. 2. It isn't a spoiler. Now under normal circumstances the average user would have received a mute but unfortunately for your case you have a record. We don't just out right ban for improper use of the spoiler command, we do however ban users who have previously been muted according to our strike system it just so happens you have broken the rules many times before.
Feb 22, 2019 8:00 PM

Jul 2015
Pyuc said:
You were not banned for the use of the word fuck, we don't ban for that. You were not banned for the meme either. If you actually read the rules you would know and understand why you were banned. "3. All spoilers must be given using Discord's spoiler function with ||spoiler||. You need to specify the show that is being spoiled beforehand.
Example: Fairy Tail: ||Erza is cute||. Specify the show for images as well. Spamming the spoiler function and using it for other reasons than spoiling is disallowed." You posted the meme under the spoiler tag when 1. It's a meme. 2. It isn't a spoiler. Now under normal circumstances the average user would have received a mute but unfortunately for your case you have a record. We don't just out right ban for improper use of the spoiler command, we do however ban users who have previously been muted according to our strike system it just so happens you have broken the rules many times before.

I literally only remember being punished one time ever and it was my last ban. If you have records of my past activity, may I be PM'd with it? I have shit memory, so not remembering doesn't mean much.

Also, my problem isn't with the ban, it's how the ban was handled.
I wasn't messaged about it at all. I still don't know who banned me even.
It's common courtesy to at least say "Fuck you, we don't want you here."
Feb 22, 2019 8:06 PM
Dec 2014
I assume Pyuc banned you. He or she is a discord mod

and you are a trouble maker i also wouldnt even bother dm ing you
Feb 22, 2019 8:07 PM

Jul 2015
Major_Norman said:
I assume Pyuc banned you. He or she is a discord mod

and you are a trouble maker i also wouldnt even bother dm ing you

Another Mod posted too. Neither said they banned me and it seems worth mentioning.
Feb 22, 2019 8:16 PM

Dec 2008
Thread locked

Before spreading false information about your situation, as was the initial post before the edit, please do message a moderator to understand why you were banned. If you don't agree with the ban you can always message Heddie or myself and we will see if the ban is justified or not. If we felt it was not, then we have no problems removing it from your record.

If you wish to discuss a change in rules or have suggestions, you can also either message us or post on the #suggestions channel. These types of threads are unnecessary and just reading through it I've noticed multiple cases of misinformation being spread about that would easily be rectified if users read the rules or asked a moderator for more information.

Complaining on the forums won't get you closer to your desired outcome. Speaking with a moderator or admin may.

P.S: How can I know the rules if I've been banned?
Well assuming you never read them, then:
You go here.

Ban information and appeals are done by PM on MAL to either Heddie or sarroush, who will redirect you to the appropriate moderator.
sarroushFeb 22, 2019 8:21 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

44 by FanofAction »»
24 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

18 by creepylurker »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » In the future there will be battles for love between species from other planets(theory)

Absurdo_N - 1 hour ago

3 by rohan121 »»
1 hour ago

» Is it a good idea to stay relatively anonymous online?

DesuMaiden - Apr 20

27 by creepylurker »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - 8 hours ago

13 by Lost_Viking »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.