Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2019 4:35 PM

Sep 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was expecting to really like this after so much I've heard about dirty pair but ended up extremely disappointed. The story was convoluted, meandering, and went no where and much of the OVA felt like filler. I hope this is just a bad introduction and the other Dirty Pair stuff I encounter isn't this bad.
Jul 17, 2019 10:44 AM

Dec 2015
After the beginning led me to think this OAV would explore an interesting element left behind by the TV adaptation (ESP) and give up a bit on its childish aspect (the very roundish 80s charadesign, Mughi's mascot status), it only wandered for 10-20minutes, thus spoiling a potentially useful run time, and only the "revelation" and the action sequence (a big chase) seemed satisfying to me.
While the compromise between the TV redesign and Yasuhiko's realistic or more serious original design is good (I prefer this to the iconic TV style), the drawings in-OAV were not particularly good: faces often leftna lot to desire. For an hour-long OAV, it overall didn't look as good as it should have.
Musics (including ending) were nothing remarkable.

Enjoyment: 3/5
Score: 5/10

The Terminator element was of much better effect than in one of the unaired TV episodes.
Nov 9, 2019 1:17 PM

Aug 2012
Underwhelming OVA. Didn't like the story at all and the change in art design was a refreshing look at first but it wasn't particularly great and I think I prefer the TV style more.

Don't really know what to say about this thing, it was weird and abit boring at times. I just never got into it.

Also yet another Terminator reference, that's 2 in the last 3 Dirty Pair 'episodes' I've watched lol.
Jun 20, 2021 8:26 AM

Mar 2010
Nozomi put this out in a collection with Project Eden and watching this after was underwhelming to say the least. It's clearly a work of a different scope, but even approaching it as an OVA instead of a film, it still feels long, boring, convoluted, and mediocre. If you're looking to get into Dirty Pair I would not start here.

BlaizeV said:
Also yet another Terminator reference, that's 2 in the last 3 Dirty Pair 'episodes' I've watched lol.

I miss the days when all anime was either a reference to Blade Runner, Flashdance, or The Terminator
Dec 28, 2021 9:34 PM
Jul 2018
I really kind of had a blast with this one because it was nice to see less comedy and more cool action. The story was too lesser scifi and does make less unique but there were so many strange scenes here and they were jarring to watch which at the same they really stood out to me. Also appreciated the new character designs but the overall art could had been more detailed as like the other 80s ova tended to be.
Nov 11, 2022 8:42 PM

Sep 2018
Dumb plot and an abrupt ending, less comedy oriented as well which is a negative here. 5/10, underwhelming after the TV show.
Mar 30, 2023 1:54 PM

Oct 2010
loved the character design polish and we also got to see nipples, the tentacle scene with yuri was peak
8/10

More topics from this board

» Dirty Pair no Ooshoubu: Nolandia no Nazo

jakov - Oct 10, 2015

0 by jakov »»
Oct 10, 2015 2:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.