Forum Settings
Forums

What ecchi/harem did you enjoy for the Actual plot?

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Feb 20, 11:13 AM

kill la kill and no game no life were great
i'm sure there are more ecchis I've watched and enjoyed outside of the ridiculousness that is ecchi business

Feb 20, 11:21 AM
Master Expander

Manyuu Hikenchou still stands as my favorite ecchi anime because of how it takes a premise that isn't really taken seriously and actually makes it work. It's the kind of show that made me laugh at first, but then made me go "aww" at the end of each episode. It's also the only anime I've seen that does a proper breast examination.

Shoutouts to those who said Harukana Receive, a mild ecchi series with one of the best OSTs in 2018.

Feb 20, 12:00 PM

The only ecchi I saw was Midori no Hibi. It was in my early days of watching anime and I was looking for romance. Didn't even know what ecchi was. The synopsis caught my attention and I liked it.

Feb 20, 12:17 PM

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san had pretty enjoyable mini stories and I liked the cast a lot.

There's also Killing Bites which was a hype festival.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Feb 20, 12:31 PM

The problem is that MAL really is inconsistent with their ecchi ratings. Some have it which shouldn't and that should don't, so I'll go with what I think is ecchi instead.

Kill la Kill
KonoSuba
Re:Cutie Honey
Monogatari series
No Game No Life
Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo
High School of the Dead
Shimoneta

There are some other ecchi series of which the main appeal for me isn't the fan service, but rather the action, humor, etc. There is maybe around 10 ecchi franchise where I consider fan-service to be their main appeal and work as intended.

Feb 20, 12:44 PM

One ecchi that I ended up enjoying that I remember from the top of my head is Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai. I was totally not expecting the plot, it is not the best anime but it got me surprise o-o

Feb 20, 12:46 PM

Hanasakeru Seishounen was pretty great and it's a reverse-harem. I loved all the politics in the plot.
My condolences to KyoAni #PrayForKyoani

Feb 20, 2:07 PM

11 Eyes
Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero
The Ambition of Oda Nobuna
Asterisk War
A Certain Magical Index
Chivalry of a Failed Knight
Date Alive
Demon King Daimao
The Devil is a Part Timer
Dual Parallel Trouble Adventure
El Hazard
The Familiar of Zero
Freezing
Fruit/Labyrinth/Eden of Grisaia
Highschool DXD
Highschool of the Dead
Hundred
In Another World With My Smartphone
Infinite Stratos
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
Lord Marksman and Vanadis
No Game No Life
Omamori Himari
Samurai Girls/Bride
Sekirei
Sky Wizards Academy
Soul Link
Strike the Blood
Tenchi Muyo
The Testament of Sister New Devil
Trinity Seven
Unbreakable Machine-doll
We Without Wings
"Should I be concerned over the obvious delight our daughter takes in the ultra-violence?"
"It's genetic"
-Red Arrow to Cheshire (Young Justice)

Feb 20, 2:49 PM

Plot or 'plot'?
Um... maybe shimoneta i guess. Ah....to love ru have nice plot too

Feb 21, 10:01 AM
Yare Yare Dawa

Shokugeki no Soma, I'd say.

Love Hina, Golden Boy and Highschool of the Dead were pretty entertaining as well. I don't watch much Ecchi, so these were all enjoyable ones I could think of.

Feb 21, 10:14 AM

Come to think of, a lot of them actually:

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Toradora

Monogatari

Kobayashi-san

Golden Boy

Fruits Basket

Cutey Honey

Gunbuster

KonoSuba

Scum's Wish

Fate series

White Album 2

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours

@GlennMagusHarvey yeah it did get better. At least the MC and main girl are a definite couple and there is no harem shit in it. Story is pretty decent as well.

All of them? Well the ones I enjoyed, I always enjoyed because of interesting characters, worldbuilding, design work (weapons, clothing, combat style, super attacks etc), music and the dynamic the fanservice brings to the title. If you really have to bring the plot in to it, and by that I mean a sort of continuous complex storyline, then I guess Cross Ange since that's just ridiculous.

Feb 21, 10:16 AM

Honestly I am a stubborn ecchi/harem hater. But there are 3 animes with ecchi tag I gave a positive score: Grenadier (7), Golden Boy (6), Bastard (6). These are the only ecchi I ever liked

Feb 21, 10:29 AM

Manyaa_- said:
@GlennMagusHarvey yeah it did get better. At least the MC and main girl are a definite couple and there is no harem shit in it. Story is pretty decent as well.
Thanks for the tip; I'll give it another shot sometime.

Feb 21, 10:34 AM

Electik said:
”.. so what ecchi shows actually surprised you and went beyond the fanservice?

Isn't it, like, half of them?
I just open the "ecchi" tag on MAL,
https://myanimelist.net/anime/genre/9/Ecchi
and most of the first page is anime that are good not just for their ecchi.
To name a few:
Nanatsu no Taizai, one of the best shounen anime for a busy adult like me.
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai with its unique portayal of human condition.
Strike the Blood, one of my favorite anime with gripping plots and rare MC I wholeheartedly approve of.
Philosophical anime like Kill La Kill and Shimoneta.
Funny comedies like Monster Musume and To-LOVE-Ru.

Feb 21, 5:17 PM

Haptism93 said:
Shokugeki no Soma, I'd say.
yeah! That is the best anime I have watched so far in ecchi genre.
Have a good time :)

Feb 21, 5:30 PM
Electik said:
i recently finished watching Punch Line and boy i wasn’t expecting so much from a show who’s entire title is a play on “Panty line

Ducklover said:
Punch Line I agree was a great wee anime for an ecchi.

I think the reason why punchline works is it pokes fun of shows that use every superhero cliche

Example: my hero academia, one punch man, mob psycho 100 etc

High school dxd
Testament of sister devil
Seikon no qwaster
Triage x
My Wife Is the Student Council President!
To love ru

Feb 22, 1:05 AM
senpai
Prison School and Highschool of the Dead were fun to watch except being ecchi as for harems and plot... erm Freezing had interesting setting and some "plot" EVEN Sekirei did it with all that oraganisation stuff i guess.. also Gokukoku no Brynhildr - well its not tagged as harem but feels like one.

Feb 22, 2:25 AM

Kill la Kill got me into anime thanks to the titties, though the story was quite good. NGNL as well probably and Miss Kobayashi's dragon maid if that counts

Feb 22, 6:57 AM
mecharobot said:
All of them? Well the ones I enjoyed, I always enjoyed because of interesting characters, worldbuilding, design work (weapons, clothing, combat style, super attacks etc), music and the dynamic the fanservice brings to the title.

Yeah that is one part I like about it, the harem genre brings some interesting worldbuilding ideas and design work better than some other series I came across.
Modified by TD_Max17, Feb 22, 7:01 AM

Feb 22, 7:00 AM
GlennMagusHarvey said:
(reposting since I may have edited my last message too late) @Manyaa_- does Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry get better? I remember dropping it after one episode because the fanservice got way too blatant and dumb.

TD_Max17 said:
Try Madan no Ou to Vanadis its actually not bad.
What I watched: Lord Marksman and Vanadis / Madan no Ou to Vanadis

What I expected: "hey look! Hot girl with giant boobies! hey look! Another hot girl with giant boobies! hey look! More hot girls with giant boobies!"

What I got: Chronicles of the Military and Diplomatic Accomplishments of Count Tigrevurmud Vorn, vol. I

(Seriously, Tigre ended up being my favorite character in that series.)

Seriously that actually be a interesting book. The title that you described.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]