Forum Settings
Forums

I created a website where users can share their manga online

Feb 18, 10:28 AM
Hey everyone, my name is Ruben, I already shared this on reddit and was told I should look to share it here, so I'm about to.

For the past 3-4 months, I developed a website that allows users to share their manga, and chapters. Also, the readers can give scores, create lists of the manga they are reading, plan to read,dropped,have on hold, and completed. And also, they can review a manga and comment on chapters.

If you feel curious, this is the website in question: https://webmangakas.com

Thanks for the atention :)

Feb 18, 10:34 AM

Why bother create that site, when you can do that already here?
Wait, by their manga, you mean the manga they read, or the manga they create themselves?

Feb 18, 10:35 AM
Kuroko-chan said:
Wait, by their manga, you mean the manga they read, or the manga they create themselves?

The manga they created. The website is based on manga created by the user's.

Feb 18, 10:38 AM

Eyeore said:
Kuroko-chan said:

Oh, I see. I understand now. But tbh, I don't think there are too many people *not popular/known, or from Japan, I mean* who create manga. I mean, I tried to create one myself once, and gave up after the first page.

Feb 18, 10:40 AM

it remind me of the webtoon tbh.....

erika is never to fall, because she always hold her tightly
erika is just a doll, and she's just a beautiful memory

Feb 18, 10:47 AM
Kuroko-chan said:
Eyeore said:

Oh, I see. I understand now. But tbh, I don't think there are too many people *not popular/known, or from Japan, I mean* who create manga. I mean, I tried to create one myself once, and gave up after the first page.

True, but I believe if there's the habilitie to share your Manga online in a website where people visit to read others users Manga, the people who who create Manga will increase.

Feb 18, 10:53 AM

Neat, although I don't see this having much use for westerners (and I'm sure there are plenty of Jap sites with a similar concept for Japanese folk). Good luck with the project though bud.

Feb 27, 7:21 AM
Looks good. I remember I also created something similar before using hpage.com website builder and instead of creating, people can just submit their completed works.

Feb 27, 2:36 PM
Polish Hussar

Hope your idea goes well, wish u luck ;3

Aug 1, 10:24 PM

Eyeore said:
Hey everyone, my name is Ruben, I already shared this on reddit and was told I should look to share it here, so I'm about to.

For the past 3-4 months, I developed a website that allows users to share their manga, and chapters. Also, the readers can give scores, create lists of the manga they are reading, plan to read,dropped,have on hold, and completed. And also, they can review a manga and comment on chapters.

If you feel curious, this is the website in question: https://webmangakas.com

Thanks for the atention :)
Hmmm I'm actually kinda intrigued in this site... I did want to make a comic myself and combining a webcomic site idea with a manga reviewing site like MAL into a new site where people who can create webcomics and easily get constructive criticism on it seems like a good idea.
A shame that there seem to be only 2 users and 2 manga on there though

I might consider joining but for now I'll try and spread the word

Aug 1, 11:17 PM

Weird site, seems interesting enough tho i guess. Hope that goes well

Aug 1, 11:39 PM

The site seems rough around the edges, but I support your effort. We need more developers in this space. All the anime sites/blogs have 20 year old designs.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.

Oct 12, 9:37 PM

Is this site still being worked on or something? Still feels quiet...
I suggest you add genres like "Cooking", "Magical Girl", and perhaps "Iyashikei", they're legitimate genres that might be worth adding

I haven't joined yet but I am still considering. I want to ask a question though: How exactly does posting manga pages and updates like that work? Just wanted to know.

Oct 13, 7:17 AM
Fario-P said:
Is this site still being worked on or something? Still feels quiet...
I suggest you add genres like "Cooking", "Magical Girl", and perhaps "Iyashikei", they're legitimate genres that might be worth adding

I haven't joined yet but I am still considering. I want to ask a question though: How exactly does posting manga pages and updates like that work? Just wanted to know.

Hi, yes the website is still getting worked on, i'm, focused to improving it.
About the suggestion of genres to add, thanks! Didn't think about those, will add them immediately.

About your question, i think i might not have understood it fully, but i'll anwser either way and if is not what you meant you can ask me again:

Well, to post a manga on the website you need an account and then you need click on upload on the top menu, after that, there's a form about your manga information (title,sinopsys,genres,schedule and cover image), after your create your manga, you will have an option (On the upload page or your profile page) to upload chapters to any manga you created (With the title and your chapter pages). There's too an option to edit the information of your manga, set it as completed (set as on going by default).

Any question, i'm available to anwser :).

Oct 15, 12:13 PM
Forum Moderator
Bot Hunter

Thread moved from Casual Discussion
One bright day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight
Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other
A deaf policeman heard the noise and came and killed those two dead boys

Oct 15, 12:18 PM
nice idea hoping it will start a web manga revolution like webtoon did

Oct 15, 12:59 PM
deg said:
nice idea hoping it will start a web manga revolution like webtoon did

Thank you very much, appreciat it :)

Oct 15, 6:19 PM

does it have community tools around it like forum or boards? cause that's the only thing that webtoon is lacking of

Yesterday, 1:09 AM
Akhdas said:
does it have community tools around it like forum or boards? cause that's the only thing that webtoon is lacking of

Hi, not yet. It's currently being worked on, is planned to be released in November.