Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 19, 2019 2:02 PM

Jan 2017
When you think that Mob S2 can't get any better, and yet it does it week after week!
Feb 19, 2019 2:13 PM

Jul 2016
Good episode, Reigen arc comes to an end. Next is Tsubomi arc.

Feb 19, 2019 2:28 PM

Jul 2014
Probably the best episode so far, in terms of character development. Really emotional ending too.
Feb 19, 2019 2:43 PM
Jan 2017
this episode was amazing, the part where they show what Arataka had wrote in his graduation essay really hit me
Feb 19, 2019 3:23 PM
Jul 2015
So so good. It amazing how impactful the character development is for this show.

Reigen is a good person. Even with his scams he always tries to give the customer what they want/need. That is more and more evident in this season. He even spent days leveling up in a game just to "exorcise" that player. Most of his clients need peace of mind. A little photo shop, or back rub does the trick for what is ailing them. He always solves the clients problems, and didn't even try to take the money from episode 5 when he could have.

And as bad as it is that he takes credit for Mob's legitimate physic actions, imagine what would happen to mob if he did gain spotlight at his age. More importantly with his personality. What mob needed was a constructive way to use his powers, and someone to talk too who believes in his abilities. Someone who won't just tell him that its all in his head. Now that Mob has grown past that need the two of them can form an even stronger relationship.
mecegirlFeb 19, 2019 3:27 PM
Feb 19, 2019 6:02 PM

Apr 2016
10/10

almost made me cry.

Amazing
Feb 19, 2019 6:25 PM

Jun 2016
I just have only one thing to say about this episode:
FAN FUCKIN' TASTIC!!
Feb 19, 2019 8:55 PM

Oct 2017
Still crying over this episode it's so good!!! Mob, I have no words, only tears. He's beyond <3333

Also, yay Teruuuu~!!!
Feb 19, 2019 9:42 PM
Aug 2017
Omfg that ending was so emotional. NGL i cried a lil bit towards the end. So Mob actually knew what Reigen was up to xd. Goddamm this is A LOT BETTER than s1 its not an overstatement if i say this is prolly a candidate for anime of the year 2019.
Feb 20, 2019 12:34 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, those final few moments of the episode were just gold! Excellent episode in terms of Characterization and some sublime directing this episode!

Mob finally said the words that Reigen was desperate to hear and that coupled with the glorious ED just made it one heck of an emotional scene! Nearly teared up there, too. Mob then going on to wish Reigen happy birthday was very touching to see, Mob’s a great man already! And thus the Reigen arc concludes, some really nice character development for Reigen here followed by Mob’s in the earlier arc. Hopefully, Reigen will apologise and they’ll come to be even more closer than ever before. Guess Mob just repaid Reigen for Reigen saving him earlier during their first encounter, got to say though Reigen really is smooth with his words. Buildup was just superb with some great usage of soundtracks and animation effects! The Public’s manner of latching on to such an interesting and controversial topic was spot-on, although I must say the resolution felt a little too easy and convenient for Reigen’s side. Just a personal preference perhaps, but I didn’t think the old psychic would be as stunned. Maybe the final shot before the ED kicked in would’ve most likely been the opinions of the masses, or so I hope, but I just really liked the thought of just putting this little segment there.

Looking forward to the next episode! Now, I feel as though Season 2 has finally caught on to the level of Season 1(or maybe almost).
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 20, 2019 12:36 AM

Oct 2010
Not going to lie, but one of the best anime episodes I ever watched. It was so strong and well directed.
Feb 20, 2019 12:47 AM

Oct 2016
_MushiRock11_ said:
I must say the resolution felt a little too easy and convenient for Reigen’s side. Just a personal preference perhaps, but I didn’t think the old psychic would be as stunned. Maybe the final shot before the ED kicked in would’ve most likely been the opinions of the masses, or so I hope, but I just really liked the thought of just putting this little segment there.

Looking forward to the next episode! Now, I feel as though Season 2 has finally caught on to the level of Season 1(or maybe almost).

I would like to point out that this does not resolve *everything* between Reigen and Mob but merely mitigates the obstacles for their relationship to evolve further. The ambiguity in their conversation was designed purposely so that 1) it wouldn't make their development seem unnatural and 2) it allows an implicit understanding and compromise between the two individuals.

Additionally, the old psychic is stunned because he's adamant in believing that Reigen is a fake. This is because Reigen claims to have exorcised an Urban Legend, as well as the Online Ghost, both of which are believed to be impossible for normal psychics. This is why he brazenly called Reigen a liar back when he first met him in episode 4.
Feb 20, 2019 3:59 AM

May 2016
VanishingKira said:

( ͡°; ͜ʖ ͡;°)
THIS LAST SCENE KILLED ME T_T
RaizelFeb 20, 2019 4:09 AM
Feb 20, 2019 4:15 AM

Dec 2007
I really love the character development in the last few episodes! It's one of the things that make this anime so good!
Feb 20, 2019 12:42 PM

Dec 2016
This show is a fucking masterpiece
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 20, 2019 2:15 PM

Jul 2017
I almost cried at the end of this episode. I absolutely love the character development this season, focusing more on Reigen, what he trully feels about himself and what is he doing with his life. And so, the bond between Mob and Reigen got even stronger. Mob really is what keeps Reigen moving on with the world, and seeing them get back together again was really soothing. Their relationship is pretty much symbiotic.
Feb 20, 2019 2:41 PM

Dec 2008
ttcchen said:
I cried. I fucking cried.
When i saw this in the manga i cried and now i cried again like a fucking baby. Dammit.

Bruh I'm still teary-eyed. I was concerned after they kinda fucked up on Mogami arc (before the battle) but they did so good on this one, not rushing anything, I just couldn't stop crying from joy and relief. Everything was beautiful and made me feel just like the manga did years ago.

teruswig said:
my only complaint about this episode is the re-usage of clips from the last season.

In the manga this is the actual first time we get this scene, so personally I didn't mind seeing one of my favorite scenes again where it mattered the most.

Germs_N_Spices said:
phantomfandom said:
Just when I thought Studio Bones can't top themselves with what they did to My Hero Academia, this episode really surprised me. One of the camera angle in press conference scene is really hard to pull off but it come out nicely. I can't really tell if the animation team is worker harder or smarter or both!

It's a Reigen episode. Not just that, but a Reigen episode where he shines more brightly than ever. Of course Bones, the biggest fangirls of Reigen, is gonna give him a spectacularly animated episode.

This. I expected this arc to be well done because of how much the staff loves Reigen but holy shit, did they deliver...

TheDarkMGames said:
Some anime can bring us fantastic action scenes, others make us cry with hilarious comedy, and others can even make us cry.
Mob Psycho 100 can do all of that, and be one of the best.
Having read the manga, I can say studio Bones is doing a wonderful job. I'd say Mogami's arc was better in the manga (except the wonderfully animated battle), but this one was 100 times better in the anime.

It's an absolute tragedy they ended up watering down the torture Mob endured while in Mogami's world when those scenes were so impactful in the manga (the cat deal in particular since it becomes an uplifting symbol after Mob finally remembers), but I'm beyond grateful they did my favorite arc so much justice. I'm so incredibly happy.
Feb 20, 2019 2:56 PM

Jan 2019
LockHowl said:
Katsu-kun said:
Reigen a fraud and a scammer who will never change.
Annoying character who ruins this show for me.

It's really not worth responding to a troll who fires a controversial opinion for the sake of being edgy in a thread which appreciates a certain character. Do you have nothing better to do?

ehh i disagree with the OP but pretty sure theyre allowed to voice their opinion
its a discussion thread not a reigen appreciation thread

(tbh it may as well be but shhh)
Feb 20, 2019 3:00 PM

Jan 2019
this ep was amazinggg, reigen is so relatable holy shit
the loneliness, trying to find your place in life, the condescending parents
''i want to be someone'' tears
amazing how we saw that before reigen met mob, he was thinking about how dull his life is
and then 5 secs later mob pops in
influencing reigens life for good and making it exciting
t e a r s

Feb 20, 2019 3:38 PM
May 2015
THIS!!!! this episode is how you do an EPIC BUILD UP~!.... i lost count of how many times I've paused because the emotion is overwhelming throughout each scene (when you are the same age, it is very relatable) Reigen's character development and THAT ENDING no words can describe it. This episode just cemented Mob Psycho as the best anime this season!
Feb 20, 2019 4:01 PM

Aug 2015
i actually cried

i'm such a crybaby when it comes to parental/family relationships that this episode just became my favorite from mp100
Feb 20, 2019 4:31 PM

Jan 2018
Katsu-kun said:
ttcchen said:
u must be blind or retarded to not see his change

Learn to respect different opinions without offending someone and learn to make an argument that lead to a conversation.
that's a rubbish opinion then. No need to have a different opinion than anyone else for attention. D:
Feb 20, 2019 5:06 PM

Jun 2012
So many awesome episodes from the previous season with drama where Mob pounds everyone who disrespects him, but this episode, this one for it's simplicity might just be the best until now.
Feb 20, 2019 6:20 PM

Sep 2015
I really liked this episode. Reigen (as usual) is a charismatic badass.
Also, I love how just like when Reigen was there to bring Mob to right path, Mob was there fro Reigen in this episode. Poetic.
Feb 20, 2019 8:21 PM

Jul 2016
this is one hell of an episode, damn i was amazed with this episode. the character development man. mob is so cute btw
Feb 20, 2019 10:24 PM
Nov 2015
Vindicater said:
GosuGian said:
Damn the last scene made me cry. Reigen and Mob's relationship is so well done.

It really is but I wonder where they go from here?

And that is where you need to prepare more.....
Feb 21, 2019 12:07 AM

Nov 2013
A relationship built on lies , but ending with something genuine . Nice episode !
Feb 21, 2019 4:35 AM

Aug 2018
This episode didn't have a lot of action in it like usual, but there was a ton of character development from Reigen. It's nice to see him and Mob interact like that together. Reigen is a genuinely nice guy indeed and it's really sweet how he watches out for Mob, even if he has ulterior motives sometimes.

This was such a good episode.
Feb 21, 2019 4:37 AM

Aug 2018
Raizel said:
VanishingKira said:

( ͡°; ͜ʖ ͡;°)
THIS LAST SCENE KILLED ME T_T

THIS.

JUST. THIS.
Feb 21, 2019 7:33 AM
Oct 2007
Emotional is an understatement. I'm not sure if I'm really getting older or what but I had a few drops of tears rolling down unconsciously when Mob told Reigan he really knew who he is since the start.
The direction is top notch once again undisputedly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 21, 2019 10:23 AM
May 2017
he hasn't said sorry yet, tho >:T
Feb 21, 2019 11:09 AM

Oct 2016
RabidFish said:
he hasn't said sorry yet, tho >:T

He said Mob grew up, which is basically taking back all the wrong stuff he said to Mob last episode. And an implicit understanding between the two works a lot better than an open apology which functions simply as a formality. It's a testament to how well they know each other.
Feb 21, 2019 11:38 AM

Sep 2016
This anime never disappoints
Feb 21, 2019 11:53 AM

May 2013
Amazing episode, amazing ending!
Damn ninjas...
Feb 21, 2019 1:15 PM
Oct 2017
Such a great episode. One of the best episodes from the series so far. You can tell how much thought was put into the animation of this episode. Everyone just seemed so “human”. That’s something the show does really well. They are able to realistically portray how people react in a situation. From Reigen’s body language in the press conference, to the people reacting at home, there was a lot of care and consideration put into it. Maybe it was just me, but it made the episode that much more enjoyable. That, on top of the pure emotion from the end of the episode, made it a memorable one. This season has been kicking butt and ahhhh all the feels!
Feb 21, 2019 5:35 PM

Feb 2013
Aww!!! Mob is such a good sweet boy.
Feb 21, 2019 6:02 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Fantastic episode.

Really showed what it was like for Reigen finally getting his due for all he's done. On top of all of that I still really like how he still has a nice side to himself and can be redeemable in some ways. The last scene where Mob accepts Reigen regardless of knowing what he does was really sweet.
Feb 21, 2019 7:48 PM

Oct 2008
The MOMENT that the microphones started shaking! the whole episode became totally EPIC!!! and we all know who did that!
last part, i almost teared-up! and Mob didn't forget shishou's b-day!
5/5!

Feb 22, 2019 2:02 AM

Sep 2008
Katsu-kun said:
_Aqua_Sama_ said:

I agree that he's a fraud and a scammer (because he is), but I like his character! Even though he's just a scammer, he still clearly cares about Mob, and is the reason Mob is who he is now! The ending of the first season of Mob, and seeing how Reigen took care of the situation made me instantly like him! Though honestly, I think part of it is because I always put myself in his shoes (for some reason) and think about how I would handle the situation if I was him, and he always manages to impress me!

Not only a fraud and a scammer but he also takes all the credit from Mob.. a likable character? I think so not. .

My take:
Reigen likeable? debatable, depends on how you see him. Not everyone lives their lives according to our standards...everyone has their own stories and circumstances, and it's easy to judge people. But peel through all that BS Reigen stoops to, he ends up making his clients feel positive and good. He also genuinely helps people with his advice and his words. He inspires a kid who would have (most likely) been overwhelmed by negative emotions of loneliness and isolation, perhaps bullied like he was in the illusion world for 6 months (in ep. 5). And that kid goes on to make a huge difference in other people's lives and how they in turn become inspired by him. In a sense, Reigen starts this chain.

Does this redeem him? debatable. It just goes to show that he may be putting up an act, but there is another side to him. He may not be a boring goody two shoes you would like him to be, but he is nuanced, and inspires mixed emotions. I was getting pissed at him last 2-3 episodes, despite enjoying his scenes a lot. I think Reigen is hilarious, even though he is basically super street smart and a liar, but ultimately he ends up helping people if given the choice. He does not back down (ref: previous episode where all psychics ran away, but he stayed despite dimple telling him that this was basically the end. Also the final battle of the last season, where he inspires Mob so much that he basically gets psyche-powered by Mob unknowingly. It's also clear that Reigen saves their ass despite not having any power of his own. He takes a stand against great odds to protect his pupil and his friends).

I think Reigen has strong redeeming qualities and there is hope for him yet. Although, on balance, I feel he has done more good than harm.

In Reigen's defense, he does realizes throughout this episode what he is, His dream of becoming somebody but ending up being a loser in the eyes of other people. And how he messed up by using Mob, even though he was going to quit but he stayed on BECAUSE of Mob. Was it to use him, or help him out? if you watch these episodes closely, the answer is not that clear :). I think that seemingly contradictory part of Reigen, and the ultimate truth spoken by Mob, that he is actually a good person, is what makes Reigen such a rich character and a blessing for this show/story.
eyerokFeb 22, 2019 2:10 AM
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Feb 22, 2019 2:51 AM
Jun 2016
Like I said. Please. Do. Not. Make me cry...
Feb 22, 2019 9:44 AM

Jun 2013
The ending got me. I've read the entire manga several times but the Anime just reels you in with the music, voice acting, colors, etc. I keep repeating myself like a broken record but it's true.

I also enjoyed the part where they inserted the word "mob" or anything similar to it to all of the social media apps/sites that are popular nowadays. They even had a Snapchat of Mob's silhouette lol

I'm already excited for next week's episode.
臭い-
Feb 22, 2019 5:18 PM
Aug 2018
This season just gets me in the feels. Keeps getting better and better!!!
Feb 22, 2019 10:16 PM

Jan 2018
Beautiful way to end the episode. Really made me get the feels there mob
Feb 22, 2019 10:47 PM

Aug 2011
What an episode. Just wow.

That ending sequence was done masterfully.
When Reigen's voice breaks after he ask Mob if he knew... when Reigen is shocked and shamed to know Mob knew all along... and when Reigen tears up knowing Mob just thinks of him as a good guy... too many feels.

Easily among the greatest episodes I've ever seen. Season 2 has completely eclipsed the first season. What an anime.
Feb 23, 2019 3:15 AM
Dec 2016
The best episode and the best anime
Feb 23, 2019 4:47 AM

Jun 2012
Reigen puts Salt Bae to shame when handling his salt techniques
Feb 23, 2019 5:57 AM
Aug 2018
I almost shed a tear. Fantastic episode.
Feb 23, 2019 7:42 PM
Dec 2015
"You've grown up so much. You know that?" most touching answer that mob want to hear it
Feb 23, 2019 10:13 PM

Dec 2014
ok wow reigun knows how to handle people..and mob is such a good kid too
Feb 24, 2019 4:18 AM
Aug 2017
I have seriously never wanted to give out an 11/10 so much.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Apr 1, 2019

405 by strawberryfools »»
Apr 22, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2019

420 by SorrowG »»
Apr 15, 4:35 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jiharo - Dec 4, 2018

347 by Nm-Lahm »»
Apr 5, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

251 by squiddard »»
Apr 1, 4:36 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2019

191 by squiddard »»
Mar 31, 2:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.