Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 17, 2019 12:33 AM

Sep 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Man, really sad dat this had to be axed...

Glad he met his son and reunited with Rosalie again. At least he got his happy end.

Nonetheless really enjoyed it. Gave me some old school vibe. Hope his next work will be a success ^^

Feb 17, 2019 1:12 AM

Sep 2013
Yeah rip the axe.

It would've been pretty cool seeing them on their adventures with the new cast.
Or at the least with Dante, tiny Rosalie and Sawyer (I suppose Ms Black Fairy is alright too).

The kid arc was the best arc by far for me.
Edit: Was this the same for everyone else? Fav arc.
NicromaticFeb 17, 2019 4:10 AM
Feb 17, 2019 3:43 AM
Jul 2018
What can I say? For an axed manga it was excellent and an ending was really satisfying even if it was ridiculously rushed.
Feb 17, 2019 10:50 AM

Apr 2015
I'm shocked at how well the author managed to wrap up the end despite the axe. Obviously it was rushed but he fit everything in quite well and gave us quite a nice feelsgood ending. Such a shame it had to be cancelled, would have been amazing to see a proper fleshed out story with proper chapters for those double page art spreads we saw.

Glad things ended well for sawyer, what a bro.
AraragiFeb 17, 2019 10:56 AM
Feb 17, 2019 10:55 AM

Apr 2015
Nicromatic said:
Yeah rip the axe.

It would've been pretty cool seeing them on their adventures with the new cast.
Or at the least with Dante, tiny Rosalie and Sawyer (I suppose Ms Black Fairy is alright too).

The kid arc was the best arc by far for me.
Edit: Was this the same for everyone else? Fav arc.

The kid arc as in sawyers flashback? Yes, that was my favorite one too. I also quite liked the mini-arc where sawyer met the girl who lived with a monster that replicated the appearance of her deceased parents and then she would have chosen death if sawyer didn't stop her. Quite a lot of feels moments in this series.
Feb 17, 2019 11:49 PM
Jul 2018
Certainly easy to see how this manga got axed/cancel and I find this fascinating example to study of what-not-to-do in manga. For example giving that flashback story too earlier was really reductant and author made it even worse taking to finish that flashback for two volume! tbh we didn't learnt many new info and everything should have been covered within 2-3 chapters. Before even starting the flashback, author didn't established much to make care of the audience anything interesting new ideas or introduce many new characters like how other popular shounen manga does like this even overhated manga Edens Zero does this right.

That way I feel like it was author's bad planning lead to this cancellation or whatever and not the publisher's fault imo. Just take a look at other shounen sunday manga and they have a decent number of long volume manga that we didn't know or didn't hit much popular.

But anyway I am way surprised with the ending. It seemed Sawyer got the book or something and then revived her but then we didn't got any explanation why she died reviving him (especially thought the book works same like equivalent exchange?) imo this contradict how the story started and really could been better left as open-ended.
Feb 20, 2019 2:52 PM

Aug 2015
I have never been so sad to see a manga getting axed as now.

There were so many things left unanswered and by the looks of the last few pages it looks like the mangaka had so much more in store for us but alas the series got axed

Nevertheless, it was a good manga and i hope that the mangaka returns again with another great series and this time it will be successful.
Mar 4, 2019 11:42 AM

May 2010
SkyDrop said:
Certainly easy to see how this manga got axed/cancel and I find this fascinating example to study of what-not-to-do in manga. For example giving that flashback story too earlier was really reductant and author made it even worse taking to finish that flashback for two volume! tbh we didn't learnt many new info and everything should have been covered within 2-3 chapters. Before even starting the flashback, author didn't established much to make care of the audience anything interesting new ideas or introduce many new characters like how other popular shounen manga does like this even overhated manga Edens Zero does this right.

That way I feel like it was author's bad planning lead to this cancellation or whatever and not the publisher's fault imo. Just take a look at other shounen sunday manga and they have a decent number of long volume manga that we didn't know or didn't hit much popular.

But anyway I am way surprised with the ending. It seemed Sawyer got the book or something and then revived her but then we didn't got any explanation why she died reviving him (especially thought the book works same like equivalent exchange?) imo this contradict how the story started and really could been better left as open-ended.

I think he mentioned once that by reviving her, the book should take his immortality away and make him normal while giving Rosalie life.
Mar 11, 2020 10:28 PM

Jun 2014
A masterpiece, but it could never bring out its entire story. Everything still ended amazingly, despite the manga being cancelled very suddenly.

I still can't believe this was axed while garbage like Daiku no Hatou continues on and on, which was and is still selling worse than Marry Grave. Rot in hell Weekly Shonen Sunday, with your entire idiotic editorial department, I spit on you and your preferential treatment for veterans... It's been over a year and I'm still mad.
alpha_shadowMar 11, 2020 10:38 PM
:3
Jan 5, 2023 4:57 AM

May 2020
Considering that it was axed, it still ended better than 90% of shounen manga, an achievement in itself. Seeing the last few pages, you do wonder what could've been...

Nevertheless, a pretty decent battle manga. The characters were cute but bland. The art was very good and the story was actually the most interesting part of the manga. 
Feb 7, 2023 3:27 PM
Oct 2018
The "what could have been" looked great. It seems the author had a lot of cool ideas, a shame it got cancelled. It seems rather popular, even has official translations. Will definitely look at the author's other works.
Jun 5, 2023 3:54 AM

Jul 2022
What a amazing ending, actually axe
last chapter as soo goood it made me tear of joy

More topics from this board

Poll: » Marry Grave Chapter 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

1 by Aoust_Adenca »»
May 24, 2023 11:00 AM

Poll: » Marry Grave Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2017

2 by Aoust_Adenca »»
May 24, 2023 10:53 AM

Poll: » Marry Grave Chapter 37 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2018

3 by UfolyCloud »»
Feb 7, 2023 2:12 PM

» Marry grave was axed...

Shutainzu-Geeto - Feb 6, 2019

18 by Xhorpius_225 »»
Oct 13, 2022 9:51 PM

Poll: » Marry Grave Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2017

2 by Genoard »»
Sep 9, 2022 10:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.