Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 16, 2019 7:36 PM

Dec 2017
discuss the awards here big shout out to BNHA for sponsoring crunchyroll thx for the amazing show /s
tenryujiiJan 16, 2020 8:30 AM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 16, 2019 7:37 PM

Aug 2017
Well, I'm very happy. Devilman WON AOTY.

Congratulations to Devilman Crybaby! :D

Also, MHA won 4 Awards.
NurguburuFeb 16, 2019 7:45 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 16, 2019 7:37 PM

Sep 2017
They sucked,just like they do each year.
Feb 16, 2019 7:38 PM

Dec 2017
crunchyroll awards was my hero academy awards all over again and it's not even a meme lmao

but holy shit, i'm glad Devilman Crybaby got aoty, wasn't expecting this
Feb 16, 2019 7:38 PM
Feb 16, 2019 7:39 PM

Nov 2016
GIVE ME A KIR ROYALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Yes i was watching Digi's stream while typing this)

I'm glad JoJo won best Character Desgn and Devilman won AOTY. The rest of the Winners I'm Neutral towards. I also liked how Zombieland won best Boy with the manager. It was The MHA awards for like half of it but It was better than last year. Not that I'm complaining since MHA is my favorite MANGA in Shonen Jump.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2019 7:39 PM

Apr 2018
Lmao, MHA still won the most awards this year.

It should not have won Best Boy or Best Film.

Thank GOD it didn't win Best Animation. I may have up and thrown my computer out the window if that happened.
Feb 16, 2019 7:40 PM
Dec 2018
A complete waste of time. MHA awards more like.
A little bit of precision for a large amount of clarity
Jul 2018
Devilman definitely deserved AOTY, sad it didn't win best animation or character design tho. Also happy that Mai won best girl

Apr 2018
Afloo said:
GIVE ME A KIR ROYALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Yes i was watching Digi's stream while typing this)

I'm glad JoJo won best Character Desgn and Devilman won AOTY. The rest of the Winners I'm Neutral towards. I also liked how Zombieland won best Boy with the manager.

He actually didn't. Mamoru Miyano won for his work on Kotaro Tatsumi, but Kotaro didn't actually end up winning. That went to Deku (again, *vomit*).
Feb 16, 2019 7:41 PM

Nov 2016
DoubleJEspejwan6 said:
Afloo said:

I'm glad JoJo won best Character Desgn and Devilman won AOTY. The rest of the Winners I'm Neutral towards. I also liked how Zombieland won best Boy with the manager.

He actually didn't. Mamoru Miyano won for his work on Kotaro Tatsumi, but Kotaro didn't actually end up winning. That went to Deku (again, *vomit*).

Yeah I got confused. Srry m8.

30CHARALIMIT
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2019 7:42 PM

Jul 2017
Im kind of disappointed that A Place Further than the Universe didn't win a single award...

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Feb 16, 2019 7:52 PM

Sep 2018
At least rimuru won best protag. And I'm happy with devilman winning tho it was my personal #2 pick.
Deku best boi? Fr? Well whatever. DitF best OP?
MHA wins 5/6?
Well they are just popularity awards at best.
Feb 16, 2019 7:52 PM
Jul 2018
I'm just gonna copy this from my blog.

I never seen Devilman Crybaby. But because of the Awards, I might plan to watch it and I'm quite satisfied it won (even though my vote was for Violet Evergarden). In fact, I'm quite satisfied for all the winners (and most of my predictions were accurate, check here). Well except the Best Boy category. I may love Deku, but I personally think that Kotaro deserved the title more (but hey, at least he got the title of Best Japanese VA).
I was also quite surprised that Rimuru won for best protagonist. And funnily enough, despite having the most nominations, Megalo Box didn't win (so much for The Megalo Box Awards). Neither did Aggretsuko and A Place Further than the Universe win anything as well.

Overall, I think the Crunchyroll Awards did well. I'm quite glad they improved on most of the technical stuff and the awkwardness from last year and I wish for Crunchyroll to continue doing their best handling their awards for the following years.
Feb 16, 2019 7:54 PM

Apr 2016
Didn't watch the awards. Heard Two Heroes won the best film and Devilman won anime of the year or some weird shit like that.
Feb 16, 2019 7:54 PM
Jul 2018
The My Hero Academia Awards are getting better every year.
Feb 16, 2019 7:56 PM

Jun 2016
even shittier than last year smh...
Feb 16, 2019 8:00 PM

Nov 2017
DoubleJEspejwan6 said:
That went to Deku (again, *vomit*).

Deku actually haven't won best boy before.

2017:
Best Boy: Yuuri
Best Hero: Deku

2018:
Best Boy: Shouto
Best Hero: Deku

Still though, BnHA have won enough already. *vomit*
Feb 16, 2019 8:01 PM

Jun 2015
Same as usual. Made me want to check out Zombieland Saga though.
:)
Feb 16, 2019 8:01 PM

Nov 2010
I'm pretty happy overall I guess, I mean could have been better and not many of my picks won, but I was still happy with most that did. Some of my fav shows didn't get nominated at all (Goblin Slayer, Cells at work), but lot of good stuff was.

Bnha got nominated lot less this year which is good, but still kinda won too much- they won 5 of the 6 awards they were nominated for (I would have rioted if Violet Evergarden lost best animation to BnHa especially since I find BnHa's animation mostly ugly sorry Bones). Really happy for Violet for best animation. And well happy for Deku for best boy xd

Also happy for Darling Franxx for op voted for Pop team epic, but song wise Darling Franxx was best pick. My pick for ed won so gotta be happy for that too.

I hoped more wins for Zombieland saga that I have just started to watch and it's actually amazing. Good job for Mamoru Miyano for that VA award though. If it's not Rareko for Retsuko, it gotta be Mamoru Miyano.

Some upsets for me are Rimuru for protag, he's alright, but I find the anime boring already. Best fight being All for one and All might wasn't that interesting. Also not enough wins for Zombieland saga and none for Aggretsuko were downers.

Feb 16, 2019 8:03 PM

Apr 2016
DoubleJEspejwan6 said:

Thank GOD it didn't win Best Animation. I may have up and thrown my computer out the window if that happened.

who would you had given it to if not deku? lmao the only other decent choice was joe. Anyway MHA is hugely popular, obviously it was going to win a lot of awards just like every year.
Feb 16, 2019 8:05 PM

Dec 2017
My Hero Academia movie beat a KyoAni (Liz to Aoi Tori) drama, an Okada shit movie (Maquia) and an Yuaser movie (Night Is Short). i don't even know what kind of normie concentration this has to be...

5, fucking 5 nominations out of 6 where it was nominated boi. that's a 83% pick rate, holy shit
Slime, though, best protag Rimuru, fucking keked hard at this one
uninstallthegameFeb 16, 2019 8:10 PM
Feb 16, 2019 8:05 PM

Oct 2017
Not even the negative partisan campaign couldn't stop Darling in the Franxx to get an CR award. Go s. it up, Crunchyroll and all the neo-Marxists of ANN. And this comes from a guy that didn't even considered Kiss of Death as a Top-5 best OPs.

Literally this made me the night. Now I'm gonna open a beer to celebrate.

PS: La Fede que la chupe, pero con respeto.
tlato_butFeb 16, 2019 8:13 PM
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Feb 16, 2019 8:06 PM

Nov 2010
Oh and anime of the year, I just watched few eps of nominations yesterday since I actually didn't watch any of them in 2018 lol.. i'd have given that to Violet Evergarden or Zombieland saga based on that, both are great series so far.
Feb 16, 2019 8:07 PM

Dec 2017
MHA won a bunch of awards? Wow I didn't see that coming! /s

No poll percentages or what the judges voted for again this year. I just wanna see how the votes turn out dammit.

Twitch Chat: "RIGGED"
Reina_OrikasaFeb 17, 2019 1:06 AM
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Feb 16, 2019 8:09 PM

Nov 2010
Reina_Orikasa said:

No poll percentages or what the judges voted for again this year. I just wanna see how the votes turn out dammit.

That would be actually very interesting, i hope they release that info. It'd be nice to see what categories were close in vote and what not.
Feb 16, 2019 8:10 PM

Sep 2017
KomaDoll said:
Reina_Orikasa said:

That would be actually very interesting, i hope they release that info. It'd be nice to see what categories were close in vote and what not.

I think transparency is KEY here, I agree with you, that information is essential to know how people voted.

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
- The State and Revolution (September 1917), Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov "Lenin".
Feb 16, 2019 8:12 PM

Nov 2017
I'm dissapointed by the removal of "Best Score".
Feb 16, 2019 8:13 PM

Apr 2018
-Senpapi said:
DoubleJEspejwan6 said:

who would you had given it to if not deku? lmao the only other decent choice was joe. Anyway MHA is hugely popular, obviously it was going to win a lot of awards just like every year.

My vote was for Haida, though I wouldn't have minded if Kotaro won either. Just felt like a popularity pick.
Feb 16, 2019 8:13 PM

Jul 2016
I actually watched Boku no Hero Academia: Futari no Hero just yesterday... I still can't bring myself to understand how it could have won the award for "Best Movie"...

That aside, it was also a disappointment Sora yori mo Tooi Basho didn't win anything.
Feb 16, 2019 8:16 PM

Oct 2018
I can say with confidence that Devilman Crybaby winning AotY was the only goof part.

This was a boring awards show, like most of the winners weren't fun at all and the nominees were more or less the same. I didn't watch most of the stream but like the parts I did watch were just awkward.

Still salty bout Banana Fish not being nominated AotY or best boy, like it dominated a lot of the Japanese polls so it's like why Crunchyroll. Also Golden Kamuy got robbed.

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Feb 16, 2019 8:19 PM

May 2018
Many people who voted haven't even watched more than half of the nominated animes in that case they vote for what they've watched and the most popular ends up winning.
Although the best fight scene was justified but best movie to MHA? bruh
Feb 16, 2019 8:27 PM

Dec 2017
Haxr57 said:

Although the best fight scene was justified but best movie to MHA? bruh

that shit's a fucking enigma. but it's the most popular title out of the nominees according to mal stats, so that may be the answer
Feb 16, 2019 8:30 PM

Nov 2017
I was really surprised that rimuru won best protagonist
Not that I'm complaining because I also voted for HIM/her but that really had me surprised cuz i thought sakuta would win
The competition was basically between sakuta and rimuru
also pretty sad :( that sakuta didn't win anything but mai did so it's cool
Feb 16, 2019 8:35 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
there's never anything interesting about these

they're never surprising
Feb 16, 2019 8:36 PM
Jan 2015
They gotta start limiting it to 2 or 3 nominations per series, otherwise MHA is just going keep winning most of the awards year after year and that's boring as hell. Glad Mai won best and violet won best animation tho.
My Queens

Feb 16, 2019 8:37 PM
Feb 16, 2019 9:04 PM

Aug 2018
-Mahesvara said:
They gotta start limiting it to 2 or 3 nominations per series, otherwise MHA is just going keep winning most of the awards year after year and that's boring as hell. Glad Mai won best and violet won best animation tho.

I think they just need to have more categories and more diverse options within those categories (Best OST, Best Slice of Life, etc). Maybe even limit the amount of nominations any particular anime franchise can get to 2-3.

Oh, and Violet definitely deserved best Animation. It was by far the best looking thing last year, and it wasnt even close imo.
Feb 16, 2019 9:13 PM

Jun 2014
> logins to mal users acting holier than anime fans off mal.

Feb 16, 2019 9:17 PM

Nov 2011
How the hell did Mai win Best Girl but Sakuta didn't win best boy?

Feb 16, 2019 9:19 PM
Oct 2018
imagine the shitshow if MHA would have won in the best animation category
Feb 16, 2019 9:20 PM

Jun 2014
KaiserNazrin said:
How the hell did Mai win Best Girl but Sakuta didn't win best boy? What the heck did Deku even do in season 3?

Maybe myanimelist should stop acting holier than CR, every anime youtuber ever and anime fans outside mal. Too many of you guys are extremely arrogant thinking you're elite anime fans.
Feb 16, 2019 9:22 PM
Oct 2018
let me remind you that MHA season 4 is coming out so next awards show is fucked as well
Feb 16, 2019 9:22 PM

Jan 2009
Devilman Crybaby is the only award there im happy about
Feb 16, 2019 9:34 PM
May 2016
[
tenryujii said:
discuss the awards here big shout out to our sponsors my hero academia for this amazing award show

My hero academia is garbage

KaiserNazrin said:
How the hell did Mai win Best Girl

kaede Should of won best girl
Also Why is a transgender trap [lily] even nominated for best girl?
Feb 16, 2019 9:38 PM

Nov 2011
Kagami said:
KaiserNazrin said:
How the hell did Mai win Best Girl but Sakuta didn't win best boy? What the heck did Deku even do in season 3?

Maybe myanimelist should stop acting holier than CR, every anime youtuber ever and anime fans outside mal. Too many of you guys are extremely arrogant thinking you're elite anime fans.

Somehow not agreeing with the award result automatically make you an extremely arrogant elite anime fans.

Lol fuck off.

Feb 16, 2019 9:42 PM

Sep 2012
Oh look MHA won most of the awards. Shocking.

Feb 16, 2019 9:42 PM

May 2018
Time to get a popcorn and see all the salt getting in here.
Feb 16, 2019 9:45 PM

May 2009
So, did the only show from last year that I watched my favorite show of 2018 win any awards?

*checks link*

*sees no mention of Beatless*

Well, so much for caring about the Crunchyroll 2018 Awards.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 16, 2019 9:47 PM
Jul 2018
I don't understand how oneforall won the best antagonist award?! He was just like typical team rocket villain for me. Makes me more confused that they sure picked Devilman crybaby and Yuasa as best director but didn't picked "Night is Short, Walk on Girl" as the best film. Really have to check Mha movie if it is that good. At least this year their aotY list kind of make more sense even if I don't agree much.

Anyway this year award will be interesting since mha will air on the fall and won't be repetitive like this last two years.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Which are the cutest anime girl pout scenes ? (not fan arts but real scenes)

DarkGamerA - Jul 8, 2022

14 by Ohayotaku »»
4 minutes ago

» angry sub only users

Yorda_trico - 2 hours ago

17 by Yorda_trico »»
7 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

970 by Dragonrogue »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you think you could fall in love with a fairy?

Shizuna - 10 hours ago

38 by LostSpectre »»
19 minutes ago

» What is your most re-watched anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 12 hours ago

47 by bubba460z »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.