Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Feb 16, 2019 4:26 PM
Jan 2019
Any predictions about which chapter will be finale?
Feb 16, 2019 7:17 PM

Jan 2019
puuuu, hard to say, i think the arc will finish with volume 32, which would mean chapter 130, at max

we have 8 chapters in the last arc so far
most arcs average 15 chapters
yea.. i think 130 is a good guess, thats 24 chapters

maybe im being too optimistic, but i feel like if its less the ending would be too abrupt.
Feb 17, 2019 1:22 AM
Jan 2019
yeah I think so because they need to explain everything. I just want a satisfied finale thats all (I dont mind sad ed) oh and I want to see kiss or confess scene mikasa&eren but prob I never get that :/
Feb 17, 2019 4:22 AM

Aug 2018
midwiferuler said:
I want to see kiss or confess scene mikasa&eren but prob I never get that :/

You cannot have a kiss/confession scene between the two if there was never any romantic love between them.
Feb 17, 2019 6:24 AM
Jan 2019
goodguygreg said:
midwiferuler said:

You cannot have a kiss/confession scene between the two if there was never any romantic love between them.
in chapter 112 eren seems so low when he said ''you cling to me because of your instincts as an ackerman'' and mikasa obvsly loves him soooo I thought maybe a little chance for that.
Feb 17, 2019 9:12 AM

Aug 2018
midwiferuler said:
in chapter 112 eren seems so low when he said ''you cling to me because of your instincts as an ackerman'' and mikasa obvsly loves him soooo I thought maybe a little chance for that.
I also had similar thoughts before. But as I've progressed through the story, I seems to me that Mikasa doesn't any actual feelings of "true love" for Eren. She had lost her parents and found a reason to live in Eren. She misinterpreted her feelings of "gratitude" and "affection" and convinced herself that they are destined to remain together forever, even though they don't share any common ideology or understand each others' emotions. Her way of expressing her feelings for him mostly remain limited to protecting him from any "physical danger" and she fails to lend him any emotional support, unlike Armin. And I guess she herself gradually realises this as the story progresses.
Eren clearly doesn't have any feelings of romantic love for her and views her as her friend/family. The author himself has said, "For Eren, rather than a lover, Mikasa’s presence is more like a mother to him." He was even jealous of her outstripping him in every field.
Although the author has stated that Mikasa's, Levi's and Kenny's reasons for protecting their respective counterparts don’t have anything to do with the bloodline itself and it’s just their nature, I feel that this "Acker-bond theory" is not entirely false add there were clear foreshadowings in the form of Mikasa's headaches, Levi threatening Erwin to break his legs to make him not join the mission to reclaim Wall Maria and Kenny getting angry at Rod for speaking ill of Uri.
PS: I'm also an Eren X Mikasa shipper and I feel your disappointment. XD
Feb 17, 2019 9:34 AM
Jan 2019
goodguygreg said:
midwiferuler said:
I also had similar thoughts before. But as I've progressed through the story, I seems to me that Mikasa doesn't any actual feelings of "true love" for Eren. She had lost her parents and found a reason to live in Eren. She misinterpreted her feelings of "gratitude" and "affection" and convinced herself that they are destined to remain together forever, even though they don't share any common ideology or understand each others' emotions. Her way of expressing her feelings for him mostly remain limited to protecting him from any "physical danger" and she fails to lend him any emotional support, unlike Armin. And I guess she herself gradually realises this as the story progresses.
Eren clearly doesn't have any feelings of romantic love for her and views her as her friend/family. The author himself has said, "For Eren, rather than a lover, Mikasa’s presence is more like a mother to him." He was even jealous of her outstripping him in every field.
Although the author has stated that Mikasa's, Levi's and Kenny's reasons for protecting their respective counterparts don’t have anything to do with the bloodline itself and it’s just their nature, I feel that this "Acker-bond theory" is not entirely false add there were clear foreshadowings in the form of Mikasa's headaches, Levi threatening Erwin to break his legs to make him not join the mission to reclaim Wall Maria and Kenny getting angry at Rod for speaking ill of Uri.
PS: I'm also an Eren X Mikasa shipper and I feel your disappointment. XD
yeah I am ready for bad ed but I hope that they would share a kiss in the end(while eren or mikasa dying) :(
Feb 17, 2019 10:45 AM

Feb 2019
goodguygreg said:
midwiferuler said:

Seems like Eren was trying to break Mikasa free of her conditioning when he told her all that harsh stuff. It would take something that big to snap her out of it and make her realize that he doesn't want to know her as a mindless servant.

I mean Mikasa can't be THAT bad off, she's not Claire Redfield...
Feb 17, 2019 9:54 PM

Aug 2018
HamSandwich said:
Seems like Eren was trying to break Mikasa free of her conditioning when he told her all that harsh stuff.

Yeah, it seems so.
Another possibility is that he's being controlled by the Attack Titan or "Shingeki no Kyojin". The other day Eren told Reiner that he just keeps moving forward until his enemies are destroyed, which is in line with Kruger's description of the Attack Titan that it is always moving ahead, seeking freedom. His father also warned him that he must learn to control this power if he wants to save Armin and Mikasa. Hange also noticed him talking to himself and making strange poses, just as Eren commented that his father was acting strangely after Carla's death.
But in either case, the possibility of Eren and Mikasa ending up together romantically is too bleak. :-D
So, now all I expect from this series is a great ending.
goodguygregFeb 18, 2019 12:48 AM
Feb 17, 2019 10:14 PM

Feb 2018
midwiferuler said:
yeah I think so because they need to explain everything. I just want a satisfied finale thats all (I dont mind sad ed) oh and I want to see kiss or confess scene mikasa&eren but prob I never get that :/

>2019 and people still ship eremika
Feb 26, 2019 3:36 AM

Mar 2018
ThatShiny_Hex said:
midwiferuler said:

>2019 and people still ship eremika

Ah well... let em. My ship is already dead since only one half is still sort of alive...probably not for much longer.
Mar 14, 2019 9:42 PM

Mar 2019
I don't know. I remember when people thought AoT would end at a neat 100 chapters lol. I just hope it doesn't turn into a Berserk situation where there was a place the mangaka could have ended the series and then for whatever reason it just 'continued' into a hiatus.
Eris-w-Mar 14, 2019 9:46 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Oct 6, 2015

132 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ana - Aug 6, 2015

119 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 16, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

peskylemur25 - May 2, 2015

127 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 5, 8:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.