Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 16, 2019 11:25 AM

Sep 2011
shanimebib said:
Smudy said:
Also are you telling me that Ishigami sat behind the desk for most of the time without our eyes catching him? xD

He is usually not in the council room as he works from home but when he is in, he is under the desk or in the darkest corner of the room. Chika only drags him out when she feels like it like she did in this episode.

Now that Yuu, the one who speaks solid without any sugarcoating, is here, Chika's cute days will be numbered. :P
I'm curious how people will react to that. Fujiwara got weirdly popular with this adaptation so I'm hoping people dont mind her getting btfo by /ourguy/.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 16, 2019 11:27 AM
Jul 2018
JizzyHitler said:
shanimebib said:

He is usually not in the council room as he works from home but when he is in, he is under the desk or in the darkest corner of the room. Chika only drags him out when she feels like it like she did in this episode.

Now that Yuu, the one who speaks solid without any sugarcoating, is here, Chika's cute days will be numbered. :P
I'm curious how people will react to that. Fujiwara got weirdly popular with this adaptation so I'm hoping people dont mind her getting btfo by /ourguy/.

He won't shine that much in this adaptation and the power of dance meme cuteness will have an effect even after the anime gets over.
Feb 16, 2019 11:29 AM

Sep 2011
Frostbytes said:
JizzyHitler said:

He won't shine that much in this adaptation and the power of dance meme cuteness will have an effect even after the anime gets over.
I want to believe in the fireworks making people see the light

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Feb 16, 2019 11:29 AM
Feb 2016
25NOVember said:
This season a lot of studios are bringing up their A-game.
Content aside. There are some great adaptation eg shield hero, dororo, mob, promised neverland and kaguya(salute to the team working on this one).

But they only have to fuck up go toubun.

I feel Gotoubun is doing fine. as well as the ones you've mentioned
Feb 16, 2019 11:31 AM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
i laugh so many times hahahaha.
Feb 16, 2019 11:37 AM

Jan 2017
This adaptation is just PURE GOLD!
I hope that there will be a S2, 3, 4 and more!
Feb 16, 2019 11:44 AM

Nov 2007
JizzyHitler said:
shanimebib said:

I can't wait to see their reaction. Chika can be super rude to Prez. No decent person would make such a snide remark like she made on someone's financial/ family circumstances. But it seems people are just gonna brush it under the rug. I feel that part of the reason why Yuu doesn't give her a march, sometimes at his own expense, is because of that.

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 16, 2019 11:53 AM

Feb 2017
5/5 episode once again. Ishigami finally appeared and I loved every second of it.
Feb 16, 2019 11:54 AM

Mar 2017
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Finally, "our guy" is here!! VA is on-point with him.That first segment was great! Assassination via sofa is truly a deadly tactic. And Ishigami imagining himself on a dark path. Probably a dark path to suicide lol. That music when Ishigami wanted to die, lmao I can't XD

And I'm glad they showed this for a bit:

I was going to post the same picture lol.
Feb 16, 2019 11:58 AM

Apr 2015
So where were you when Kaguya-sama made fun of a Trivago AD playing in the commercial break?

Feb 16, 2019 11:58 AM

Apr 2013
Ishigami feels like he's the butt monkey of the Student Council. XD
Feb 16, 2019 12:14 PM

Apr 2015
Fappa said:
So where were you when Kaguya-sama made fun of a Trivago AD playing in the commercial break?

I knew it was parodying something, thank you for that xD
Feb 16, 2019 12:39 PM

Jan 2017
Ishigami is the best. We don't deserve him.
Also, this is reaching levels of cuteness that shouldn't be possible.
*laughs in Dimple*
Feb 16, 2019 12:46 PM

Jul 2014
I thought the first battle this week was pretty weak, but the second two picked up massively by comparison. The introduction of two new characters into the battles (Ishigami and Hayasaka) should be interesting in terms of changing the formula a little, as was the case in the third battle: it seems that Ishigami's role is to basically get bullied and then get depressed, which seems a little odd but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Most of all, though, I'm really surprised that the third battle came really close to Shirogane being honest with Kaguya for once (and actually breaking out of the whole mind-games mindset to realise that he's just nervous). I'm not sure whether this season will do much with that before it finishes, but once it does I'll pick the manga back up and see where it goes with that.
AtavisticFeb 16, 2019 12:51 PM
Feb 16, 2019 12:56 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm a freshman that was scouted out by the president himself. His skills must truly be impressive. Yu and Kaguya's misunderstandings sure were amusing to see. The president and Yu's reaction to Kaguya's outfit sure was priceless. The test questions and answers was hillarious especially in Yu's reactions. It was cute seeing Kaguya try to find the answer for the flower question. Poor Yu though always managing to give out the wrong comments to others. At least Kaguya had the complement she wanted so much.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2019 1:17 PM
Feb 2016
Fappa said:

Holy shit now I love this adaptation even more now
Feb 16, 2019 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
Atavistic said:
I thought the first battle this week was pretty weak, but the second two picked up massively by comparison. The introduction of two new characters into the battles (Ishigami and Hayasaka) should be interesting in terms of changing the formula a little, as was the case in the third battle: it seems that Ishigami's role is to basically get bullied and then get depressed, which seems a little odd but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Most of all, though, I'm really surprised that the third battle came really close to Shirogane being honest with Kaguya for once (and actually breaking out of the whole mind-games mindset to realise that he's just nervous). I'm not sure whether this season will do much with that before it finishes, but once it does I'll pick the manga back up and see where it goes with that.

If you decide to continue the manga,
Feb 16, 2019 1:41 PM

Mar 2016
I had been waiting for Ishigami since episode-1 because the opening made it look like he'd be my favourite character. Well, I wasn't wrong. He is awesome!! Had he seriously been hiding under the desk this whole time?

Ishigami thought he probably either had Stockholm Symdrome or Suspension Bridge effect. Can't tell if he's dumb or smart.

Fujiwara was brutal this episode. "That's creepy". hahaha

Shirogane was actually quite creepy at the end, in my opinion.
Feb 16, 2019 2:20 PM

Jan 2016
This week introduces us to the best boy and best girl of the show

GTFO Fujiwara normies! Our true saviors are here
Feb 16, 2019 2:21 PM

Jan 2017
shanimebib said:
I can't wait to see their reaction. Chika can be super rude to Prez. No decent person would make such a snide remark like she made on someone's financial/ family circumstances. But it seems people are just gonna brush it under the rug.

Well, if she was just some randomer that would be true, but friends can get away with a lot.

Feb 16, 2019 2:23 PM

Jul 2016
Great episode, the intro of Ishigami. The first part is hilarious, Ishigami is scared of Kaguya. Second part about Fujiwara question is so good, and we see blushing Kaguya is cute. third part is wholesome with Hayasaka appeared and her other persona is cute. Overall its great episode.

Feb 16, 2019 2:33 PM

Feb 2018
Ishigami and more screen time for Hayasaka?
I couldn't ask for more
Primo_ItokoFeb 16, 2019 2:37 PM
Feb 16, 2019 2:54 PM

Aug 2008
Alright this anime is still fun to watch even if it is mainly episodic. I guess there can't ever be any real progress as if the two cross the finish line and become a couple the show ends.
Feb 16, 2019 3:01 PM

Feb 2018
gswelcome said:
Alright this anime is still fun to watch even if it is mainly episodic. I guess there can't ever be any real progress as if the two cross the finish line and become a couple the show ends.

well the writer already said he would continue after they become a couple and
Feb 16, 2019 3:32 PM

Aug 2008
Primo_Itoko said:
gswelcome said:

Do I want to click that? I don't actually want to know how this plays out in any specifics though I am happy the writer isn't planing on dragging out the same scenario indefinitely.

For now though its quite enjoyable which isn't something I say too often, was worried this would be like Seitokai Yakuindomo that started out funny but got old as it went on, just the same jokes over and over.

Feb 16, 2019 3:37 PM
Sep 2011
Obligatory "our guy is here!"

Fappa said:
Insertanamehere said:
All these additions like the mannequins and Hayasaka, Ishigami walking down the hallway as a repeated gag and the visual direction with Kaguya getting the truck dumped on her are great haha, what a perfect adaptation.

I think whenever Ishigama was in the hallway you could hear a club scream "Fight on! Fight on! Fight on!" in unison. If that was intended then it's a very nice touch.

I don't recall hearing it.
Feb 16, 2019 3:51 PM
Oct 2018
Anyone keeping track of the score?
Feb 16, 2019 4:03 PM

Jun 2014
JizzyHitler said:

Was the implication that ishigami had been there the entire time out of sight a new addition? I dont remmember that bit of fujiwara pulling him out from under the desk.

Just checked the manga, she did drag him out from under the desk in the manga too.

shanimebib said:

It does not have 6 members. It has 4. The link is deceptive and spoilerish at the same time. The remaining 4 characters in the link are:

While the link is without a doubt deceptive, I recall them saying there are other member of the council(someone said 3rd year that might be it) they just never appear in the manga, maybe mentionned once or twice.
Feb 16, 2019 4:04 PM

Nov 2011
This was probably the funniest episode so far. Ishigami was freaking hilarious and I like how it seems like he will be a main character from here on out. Man his compliment for Chika was going good until he said she smelled like a baby lol.

Kaguya is so cute though.

This freaking Opening is amazing.

I need to find a GIF of Kaguya and her coffee lol

Edit: This didnt take long
SoraSenpaiFeb 16, 2019 4:10 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Feb 16, 2019 4:08 PM

Dec 2013
shanimebib said:
The link is deceptive and spoilerish at the same time.

I see. But that line is still wrong.
第4のメンバ -> 4th member.

Well, at least this episode wasn't as bad as episodes 3-5

https://twitter.com/shit_simulcasts/status/1089562165219151873
https://twitter.com/shit_simulcasts/status/1092645898172145664
https://twitter.com/shit_simulcasts/status/1094825857930194944

>Aniplex subs 2k19
>smh
Feb 16, 2019 4:34 PM

May 2017
Fappa said:

Ok, that is just genius. XD
「ボクは…確かに現実に絶望している。だけど、自分には絶望していない!! 今がつまらないか…楽しいのか…平凡なのか…決めているのは現実じゃない。決めるのはボクだ!!ボクが望めば不可能はない!!」-桂木桂馬
"True, I've given up on the real world. However, I haven't given up on myself!! The world doesn't get to decide whether my life is boring, fun, or ordinary because that's my decision to make!! As long as I have the will, nothing is impossible!!" -Katsuragi Keima
Feb 16, 2019 4:56 PM

Feb 2018
Woahh Shinomiya being killer xD.

Feb 16, 2019 5:06 PM

Nov 2014
Atavistic said:
The introduction of two new characters into the battles (Ishigami and Hayasaka) should be interesting in terms of changing the formula a little, as was the case in the third battle: it seems that Ishigami's role is to basically get bullied and then get depressed, which seems a little odd but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

His role is to be the blunt one who only speaks the truth. He may be depressed all the time, but Kaguya isn't that horrible of a person to bully/scare him every single episode.

FuMomo-kun said:
Shirogane was actually quite creepy at the end, in my opinion.

How is he creepy?

gswelcome said:
Primo_Itoko said:

Do I want to click that? I don't actually want to know how this plays out in any specifics though I am happy the writer isn't planing on dragging out the same scenario indefinitely.

For now though its quite enjoyable which isn't something I say too often, was worried this would be like Seitokai Yakuindomo that started out funny but got old as it went on, just the same jokes over and over.

What you're fearing won't happen.
Feb 16, 2019 5:17 PM

May 2018
So, Shinomiya's bodyguard Hayasaka also attend the same school as her master, in disguise of course. But that's really cute disguise, now I really really want more hayasaka, duh. (Why I always attracted to minor role on this anime...)

The 4th member now show his face. The trasurer who always have nightmares with council's member. Poor guy, and damn that image on the end, he really grab a rope...

5/5 this is very cute episode.
Feb 16, 2019 5:28 PM

Jun 2015
gosh ishigami is the most relatable character
"i want to die so i'm going home"
Feb 16, 2019 5:39 PM

Dec 2013
Hang in there Ishigami T-T

GoldenDevilGamer said:

Oh no don't hang in there!!!

So now Chika's true colors are finally showing up, I guess this is what the manga readers have been talking about.
Feb 16, 2019 5:45 PM

Dec 2013
I feel bad for Ishigami. I can definitely understand why he is terrified of her lol
Feb 16, 2019 5:46 PM

Jan 2013
This episode was hilarious! This anime is 10/10
I'm loving this so much!!

Poor Ishigami, i feel your pain xD

hahahahahahah

OMG, Was that a rope? omg i love the humor in this anime haha
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Feb 16, 2019 6:27 PM

Feb 2018
SAMe19 said:
Anyone keeping track of the score?

for the manga I am, for the anime, well....no, sorry

ttcchen said:

gswelcome said:

What you're fearing won't happen.

true. but do avoid spoilers if you can, somethings are better off showing and not telling ;D
Feb 16, 2019 6:38 PM

Nov 2013
lol why I can relate so much to ishigami.
that feeling when you try to praise someone but looks like being sarcast.
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Feb 16, 2019 6:49 PM

Feb 2017
Unironically think that this is how you should done horror in anime xD
Feb 16, 2019 7:04 PM

Sep 2011
gswelcome said:
Dont worry the series does a good way avoiding this, this is a series that remember that there are things outside of whose banging who that can happen. And even on the romance side it knows there are other advances in relationships and characters that arent just whether they fucking or not fucking.

Without going into it by the current part of the manga, aside from fujiwara the entire main cast is pretty different personality wise to varying levels of character development and interaction, well fujiwara slightly is different too if you consider her being openly mean development. It is honestly kind of crazy that the series is still as fresh as it is with so many chapters behind its belt, and with no end in sight too. All the more reason this NEEDS more seasons.
JizzyHitlerFeb 16, 2019 7:10 PM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 16, 2019 7:23 PM

Aug 2008
JizzyHitler said:
gswelcome said:
Dont worry the series does a good way avoiding this, this is a series that remember that there are things outside of whose banging who that can happen. And even on the romance side it knows there are other advances in relationships and characters that arent just whether they fucking or not fucking.

Without going into it by the current part of the manga, aside from fujiwara the entire main cast is pretty different personality wise to varying levels of character development and interaction, well fujiwara slightly is different too if you consider her being openly mean development. It is honestly kind of crazy that the series is still as fresh as it is with so many chapters behind its belt, and with no end in sight too. All the more reason this NEEDS more seasons.

Hey I'm sold. I just hope this anime is performing well enough to get a second season, I'm not a big manga reader so don't want to have to add yet another title to a "plan to read" list that I'll probably never get to.
Feb 16, 2019 7:34 PM

Dec 2014
Damn Ishigami is so relable... feel bad for the guy
Feb 16, 2019 7:39 PM

Sep 2011
gswelcome said:
JizzyHitler said:

Hey I'm sold. I just hope this anime is performing well enough to get a second season, I'm not a big manga reader so don't want to have to add yet another title to a "plan to read" list that I'll probably never get to.
I read on /a/ some pretty optimistic news, no guarantee, but its a list of revenue this year as a whole(so manga, anime sales, merch yadayada) tied to certain franchises and kaguya was ranked #8, which was above love live (#10). So that means the manga is selling well enough that it is making back profit though dont know how much of an actual boost it is to justify another season. I know the anime itself is only projected to sell like 3K for its first volume which is.....decent, but if theres a boost to the manga thats a better chance, but again I dont know if the manga was just already really successful and that the boost was minimal.

I'm personally gonna view this series as a one and done deal though, I want to believe it will get more but I think even if it makes back its money it might wind up like nozaki or hinamatsuri of just S2 never ever tier. Hope to be wrong though especially since they could do a 3 cour anime after this season if they really wanted to cause theres that much content left to adapt. This season only will adapt like 37 of 138 chapters

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 16, 2019 8:08 PM
Dec 2015
The ship is sailing yuu × chika
Feb 16, 2019 8:12 PM

Sep 2011
KapitanDulay said:

People are gonna make this assumption huh?

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 16, 2019 8:13 PM
Jan 2015
KapitanDulay said:
This is a non existent ship tbh
My Queens

Feb 16, 2019 8:35 PM

Jul 2016
finally seeing my bro ishigami
Feb 16, 2019 8:53 PM
Ready to Ruffle

Oct 2014
I absolutely cracked it laughing over the conditioner bit, the poor boi.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2019

384 by sukinhos »»
Apr 20, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2019

296 by Intter »»
Apr 14, 11:26 AM

» Misattribution of arousal

egosumjohn - Apr 7

11 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 14, 11:13 AM

» I laugh as hard in this series as gintama 🤣

Jannie7 - Mar 31

38 by xDemi »»
Apr 1, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2019

260 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.