Jan 16, 2020 8:22 PM

Sep 2014
My guilty pleasure is Sono Hanabira.
Jan 16, 2020 8:25 PM

Jan 2014
There is no such thing as guilty pleasures. Maneki-Mew put it in a good way
Jan 17, 2020 7:21 PM

Oct 2015
My guilty pleasure anime is my #1 favorite anime.. Happy Sugar life.

I feel really guilty for liking such a twisted sick anime.. but idc story wise it’s fantastic

- Monthly Anime Club
- Youtube
Jan 17, 2020 7:28 PM

Dec 2019
BoshJ said:
Personally I love the entire To-Love Ru series. Great animation, amazing and cute characters.

Agree with you there, good anime to just relax the nerves you know?
Jan 17, 2020 8:18 PM
Oct 2012
Dragon Ball GT, it's bad but I enjoy the first 40 episodes and a few moments after.
Super is just pure irredeemable garbage tho.
Jan 21, 2020 1:27 PM
Jan 2019
Sakura Trick is one of my guilty pleasure anime. Its a yuri anime that is so wholesome and cute which became the main reason why i love the show, but i can hardly see most people enjoying it as much as I did.
Makoto Shinkai is a mf genius
Jan 21, 2020 1:58 PM

Jul 2019
Most Isekai anime. I acknowledge their many flaws but still watch them because I think they're entertaining. lol
Life is a despicable endurance race
Jan 21, 2020 2:03 PM

Jan 2020
classroom of the elite

The protagonist is really cool but reading a bit of a light novel, it doesn't seem like the story is going somewhere really

they could have done so much with this critic of Japan society but hey wth
My youtube channel about music and anime :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_rrNoYApg1VQ-PIT7jZ37Q
Jan 21, 2020 2:30 PM

Apr 2019
Honestly, it's not so bad.
I think you're good mate.

Hey_Taka-tin_Hey said:
Wataten is literally a guilty pleasure for me. As in, I actually feel guilty for liking it.

The reason is that, while I find that anime extremely funny and entertaining, I also think it's borderline pedophilic endorsement. Seriously. Great anime, but man does it make me feel dirty after some episodes...

My guilty pleasure would probably be Mirai Nikki, if anything.

大好き "I just want to be an ancient demigod loli"
Jan 21, 2020 2:58 PM

Mar 2018
I'll choose a genre which is Otome/ reverse-harem anime in general. Tho there are some really good ones for the genre such as Dame x Prince for the comedy, La Corda d'Oro for the story and music, Yumeiro Patissiere if you love baking like me and something cute.

But most of them are cringe or messy such as Diabolik Lovers (a very infamous one lmao) where they botched the heroine and made it an awkward anime experience, Brothers Conflict where there was just way too many guys for 12 episodes and not enough time to build up any bonds, and 100 Sleeping Princes where it was very boring and the plot seemed to change from the first episode and the mc was almost non-existent. Oh and there's Makura no Danshi, yes the one where the guys stare and talk to you lmao, kickass op tho.

But despite that, I find the genre entertaining in different ways, kinda gives me a little boost for the day. Like I needed a good laugh or a dose of sweetness/ cuteness.
Jan 22, 2020 9:28 PM

Feb 2019
I guess all the cute romance shoujos to people who don't watch anime. Other than that, my taste is pretty damn generic so I don't have any shocking opinions that would count as guilty pleasures for me.
Jan 22, 2020 9:32 PM
Mar 2019
Goblin Slayer. Especially episodes 1 and 7.
Jan 23, 2020 2:09 AM

Oct 2019
Magical Sempai is the biggest one due to being ecchi, but really any anime with sexual fanservice can qualify as this. Examples:

• Jiggle physics in Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! and Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.
  • Hot springs and/or beach episodes in many series.

Jan 23, 2020 2:14 AM

Apr 2013
Hmm nothing really, I like what I like. Statistically it would be "Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou" though, since I gave it a 10 and MAL only gave it a 7.22.
Jan 23, 2020 2:24 AM

Nov 2013
Basically any otaku-pandering harem/ecchi series that focus more on sex appeal instead of story, characters, etc. I like them because of the girls, but I can't really say they're good.
Jan 23, 2020 8:15 AM

Apr 2019
Hmm.... Serial Experiments Lain, Mnemosyne, Euphoria, Happy Sugar Life, and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni I guess..?
Jan 23, 2020 8:30 AM
Apr 2016
Eh, Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon I guess. Each time I try to learn something more about it, I go from "Wow amazing" to "it might not be so great after all, just a lot of thots" to "WOW IS THIS REALLY THIS AMAZING?!".
Re:formed
Jan 23, 2020 7:10 PM

Jul 2015
Valkerie Drive:Mermaid because reasons ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jan 23, 2020 7:20 PM
Jan 2012
First season of Code Geass, and Ousama Game.

Code Geass is definitely not nearly as good as people make it out to be, but I have memories of the first season and even if my rating of it has soured I can still rewatch it every once in a while and find some enjoyment having it in the background. I don't have a problem admitting this in public, but I feel internally guilty because there are better anime that I have criticized to hell for the same things Code Geass has done.

Ousama Game I just completely shat on until it started making me laugh my ass off. I don't feel guilty when changing my mind, but I didn't actually change my mind because it's still a garbage ass anime, but it's a hilarious garbage ass anime. As hilarious as it is, I really don't want people watching this show and giving it more attention.
Jan 23, 2020 7:20 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I'm pretty proud to say that I like Uta∽Kata online (even with its low MAL average score), but I'm sure I'd be a little shy to say it in real life because of the fanservice the anime has. Even if it's not as present as most anime with fanservice, I still cringe a little bit at that aspect...

Otherwise, I can't really say I have many guilty pleasures towards media like cartoons or anime or in general.

123fendas said:
They're all guilty pleasures if I were to watch them with my parents...

true dat
Jan 23, 2020 10:05 PM
Jan 2016
Shimoneta, Monster Musume, and kinda Panty & Stocking
Jan 23, 2020 10:56 PM

Dec 2018
Sword Art Online. I can't really explain properly why I do I like it, but for some reason I still do enjoy it. I do understand the problems with the show and all the enormous hate/complaints regarding the show all too well, and how the show repeatitively messes up the execution from a characterization & storytelling standpoint at the crucial moments in most of the seasons via some fanfiction level writing, but despite all these reasons I still just can't hate it & somewhat do happen to like it.

If I had to cite some reasons as for why I still do enjoy SAO despite understanding the countless obvious problems it has, they would be:

1) Cool animated & pretty intense action/fight scenes

2) Amazing OPs, EDs & overall soundtrack which are very aesthetically pleasing

3) This is the most important reason of all: the very premise/setting & concept of the show. I love the concept of adventures within the setting of a virtual game world where the players are trapped in the MMO and have to face several real life-stake situations & confront many hurdles, a bit too much to hate the show despite how bad its execution is....in short, I just find the whole premise & setting of the show very intriguing & captivating.
345EdwardElricJan 24, 2020 3:26 AM
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made full-metal."

~Edward Elric
Jan 23, 2020 11:05 PM

Apr 2017
i dont really have a specific guilty pleasure anime but Im kind of ashamed that i like harem anime
-
Jan 24, 2020 12:22 AM

Nov 2019
Recently I started to look for some clear fanservice anime, so all of them are guilty pleasures to ease my life xD. Monster Musume, Senko-san, now finishing No Game No Life (I really didn't expect this level of ecchiness in that last show, good for me I guess xD)
Jan 24, 2020 12:44 AM

May 2018
"What's your guilty pleasure anime?"

99% of my list of course...but I don't feel any guilt...just I realise it's trash, enjoyable trash.
Jan 24, 2020 1:25 AM

Jan 2009
Fairy Tail its very popular to hate on it just because of the power of friendship crap but i dont mind since i enjoy it for the abundance of waifus and it never gets boring for me
Jan 24, 2020 6:30 AM

Jun 2019
I've only seen the first episode so far, but I can tell that Nekopara is the definition of a guilty anime for me.

It's just sexualisation of cute anime cat-girls, which I could watch all day pondering how I can get my very own cat-girl (or maybe persuade my gf to don a cat-girl costume as a backup).
Jan 24, 2020 6:39 AM

May 2015
Oh that's easy, Prison School, guilty pleasure manga as well lol.
Jan 24, 2020 7:18 AM

Oct 2018
Posts #133-#181 merged from a duplicate thread
Summertime days, passing gently
Sunlight, leading to an encounter;
Dreams that don't want to end
Continue onwards toward the next day
While she waits in the air.
Jan 24, 2020 7:44 AM

Sep 2018
SAO.
Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou.

And many other garbage shows that are nice to make fun of. I dont feel guilty tho, i just see the trash as the trash it is and dont make it more than it really is.
-Mullerio-Jan 24, 2020 7:58 AM
Jan 25, 2020 8:11 AM

Feb 2019
Super Lovers (specifically 2). I am the biggest sucker for BL but with this one you'd think I'd find it gross but no. I'm in love with it😍 Whenever I need something suggestive I always watch that one scene from episode 10😂 You'd think that I hate it because technically they only kiss on-screen but kissing is the best part to me. It always turns me on more that reading a smutty scene in a yaoi manga so I'm content.

N͓̽o͓̽ ͓̽J͓̽u͓̽s͓̽t͓̽i͓̽c͓̽e͓̽.͓̽ ͓̽N͓̽o͓̽ ͓̽P͓̽e͓̽a͓̽c͓̽e͓̽.͓̽

Jan 25, 2020 8:17 AM

Sep 2019
Ishuzoku Reviewers

I can't believe i finally like something from ecchi genre. I always tend to avoid it at all cost. And even if i try to watch it i'd feel cringey and stop right away. But it didn't happen in Ishuzoku Reviewers, i actually enjoy it despite it being ecchi.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Jan 25, 2020 10:40 AM

Dec 2018
I honestly really enjoyed .hack//Sign...excluding the end. I understand why people hated its slow ass plot but watching this after all the modern day isekai it feels like a breath of fresh air. The ending is hot garbage though, I will admit that.
Jan 25, 2020 4:34 PM

Nov 2015
For me it's super stereotypical shounen shows. Naruto, Fairy Tail, Blue Exorcist, Owari no Seraph, Nanatsu no Taizai, and the like.

'The Power of Friendship' is my absolute favorite trope and I have no idea why. I just love it so much, even if it's a really childish notion. I can't tell you how hyped up I get when the MC somehow goes even more OP or pushes past their limit or whatever because "I'm not alone/Hitori ja Nai". It is sooo dumb and it puts the biggest smile on my face. I'm 20 years old and I will absolutely fall in love with any Shounen series where a character fights to protect their friends.
Jan 25, 2020 4:54 PM

Jan 2009
I have this weird tendency to watch josei anime and actually like it, as I watch these shows I realize I'm not the target audience for it, and I keep telling myself, "why the hell am I watching this?" but I know for sure I was thoroughly amused and was following everything up to the end, and also a couple of them have these very memorable scenes which .. just stay with me, it's hard to explain.

I'm not including things like Kimi ni Todoke .. which is probably more like shoujo and even then .. I'm talking about specific things like Natsuyuki Rendezvous.
Jan 25, 2020 5:04 PM
Dec 2016
Tamako Market/Love Story and Kimi ni Todoke
Jan 25, 2020 5:08 PM

Jul 2015
doesn't exist. like what you like, you cowards
Jan 27, 2020 1:43 AM
Jul 2018
School Days, Nande Koko Ni Sensei Ga, Oreimo, Ero-Manga Sensei
Jan 27, 2020 1:54 AM

Dec 2017
Another
it has a weak plot and the pacing is off but I enjoyed it (the first 4 episodes though tbh)
Jan 27, 2020 2:04 AM
Aug 2018
Guilty pleasures don't exist. It doesn't make sense for something to be bad and good at the same time, it doesn't work like that. For example, I don't think of Garzey's Wing as a gulity pleasure, it's just genuinely hilarious.
Jan 27, 2020 3:18 AM

Oct 2019
monster musume. It's currently my second time watching it and...I never thought I would actually watch it again as its themes aren't my style per se.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - Yesterday

23 by EpicO4 »»
4 minutes ago

» Seeking Recommendations from My "Plan to Watch" List

vansonbee - 1 hour ago

5 by perseii »»
4 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - 10 hours ago

50 by IrrelevantGuy »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » How important is the art style for you

nishant0 - Apr 11

42 by Pages_Pages »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - Yesterday

45 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.