Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 17, 2019 11:55 AM
Feb 2019
Really enjoyed this episode, best one so far this season.
Pacing was better as it only focused on the three main protagonist's struggles.

Accelerator and Misaka Worst's scenes were excellent performance-wise however the animation bounced back and forth from OK to bad. Sometimes I really wish the studio would not shy away from showing the brutality of Accelerator's actions. Like his fist was getting bloodier each punch, but we cut back to her face and it was not as graphic as it was alluding to. Except from some scratches, and little bits of blood we're supposed to believe this is what sets off Accelerator's trauma and PTSD leading to his mental breakdown. If the bloody mess was actually somewhat similar to the Sisters experiments massacre then it would visually show the similarities in Accelerator's mind that would lead to the breakdown.

I loved Accelerator's condemning of Academy City, swearing to protect Misaka Worst who was originally sent just to fuck with his mind. Accelerator was meant to lose either way, pushing him further into his despair and trauma. But Accelerator's development towards becoming the hero he wants to be brings him back on his feet and he screams in defiance against Academy City and chooses not to kill her but protect and help her instead.

Anyway, nitpicks aside, it was a great episode full of development from both Touma and Accelerator. Fiamma left Touma to reflect on his actions and if they will truly save Index, while Accelerator was left with full conviction in his actions as he moves forward with his journey to save Last Order.

Hamazura was alright I guess as he was left with nothing much to do. But looks like he will stay and fight with the village helping him against that mercenary group. I actually like his character as he is the most relatable in his struggles against powers mightier than him. But he continues without delay to fight against them to protect those he cares about.

Can't wait for Touma vs Accelerator round 2, which hopefully is next episode.
filimaua13Feb 17, 2019 11:58 AM
Feb 21, 2019 6:22 PM

Jan 2008
The end of the episode was intense.

Quite excited for the next episode. Hazama was thinking of running, but all I see is an opportunity to plunder the privateer's weapons and other resources they have on them. That small village should have some land mines collected, or at least know where they are so they can lure them toward it.
Feb 24, 2019 3:58 AM

Dec 2014
hmmm... well very side of story is going to a turnng point....really liking the episodes
Feb 24, 2019 6:31 AM

Oct 2008
DAMN! Accelerator really lost his sh!t there!
5/5.

Feb 26, 2019 7:47 PM

Jul 2017
Accelerator had great expressions but the fight failed to grab me. Animation was sloppy too.
Apr 3, 2019 9:41 AM

Aug 2017
Fiamma of the Right is too OP.

After two seasons and Railgun S, they handled Accelerator's character development extremely well. It seems that there's a third project that involves Mikoto clones.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 25, 2019 9:03 PM

May 2012
Really impressive episode! That ending man!
Jul 15, 2019 8:34 AM

Jul 2013
Kamachi should have just scrapped Hamazura and just be done with Touma and Accelerator as MCs.
May 3, 2020 10:50 PM

Jan 2013
The one cool scene, Misaka shooting her nail, also what is up with her booty ... JEEZ
Why the hell would they call it the "Third Season" project, honestly?

Pretty good ending with Accelerator at the end though!
Jun 15, 2020 8:29 AM

Jan 2020
Dull_Lull said:
Kamachi should have just scrapped Hamazura and just be done with Touma and Accelerator as MCs.

Agree, I don't like him and I don't understand why he became a MC at all. He's not very interesting, more like a Touma 2.0 but overshadowed by a lot of characters who don't even have MC status.
His first appearance is in the last episode of Index II too...

As for this episode, the ending was so intense.
It rocked me back and forth between emotions. Nobuhiko Okamoto's talents really have no limit, his performance in the monologue was splendid, it really hurt me on another level. I had to take a break from watching to calm down and eat something, damn.

Aug 25, 2020 11:40 PM

Dec 2017
They actually handled accelerator's breakdown ok...
I'm surprised tbh. Sure it's not as good as the novels but i thought they would rush accelerator vs worst.
Objectivity? In my anime scoring? Of course not...
Oct 21, 2020 1:57 AM

Apr 2013
So Sasha basically only appeared to get kidnapped by the big bad dude. Great writing.
Nov 15, 2020 4:34 AM
May 2020
I love this episode, especially the second half. The impact from Sister arc is back again, and it's bringing another big problem. Okamoto did a great job on Accel's crazy laugh, love it.
Nov 21, 2020 7:59 PM
Nov 2018
Fiamma is a threat holy. That accelerator moment was very hype.
Dec 14, 2020 7:38 PM

Dec 2012
Accelerator experiencing the magic side.
Who is that in the sky?
Electricity?
Misaka? Third Season?
Fiamma.
Dat ship.
Dat rip from the tongue.
Fiamma took Sasha.
Rikou oppai! Why is that guy standing there looking like he's connected to her?
Accelerator's running away?
Um.... that's not a coin. I can see why he's running away now.
Only my nail gun.
Dat face.
Accelerator getting stomped.
Holy shit! Nail in the chest.
Accelerator focking her shit up.
Holy shit! Bomb in the head?
Dat performance.
Dat ending.

Dat OP continues to be FIYA!!!! I'm replaying it 20 times before I even continue the episode.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 5, 2021 4:52 AM

Jan 2017
This ep got carried hard by Okamoto's stellar performance, he did a great job showcasing Accel's slow-creeping insanity about how AC is trying to break him mentally.

Too bad the whole scene is still bogged down by poor direction (etc: no explanation on why Accel is running away from Misaka Worst when he can just use his ability to zoom away)

And now for more of Hamazura
FragmantLemonApr 5, 2021 4:59 AM
Jun 26, 2021 6:58 AM

Aug 2018
I'm not sure, what Touma is hesitating about after that guy's talk.. Is it related to how Touma lied about his amnesia to Index?.. Is that it?.. Or something else?.. Well, if it's about that lie, so what?.. I think you knew long before, Touma, that you're doing something which isn't white or black here.. Or you never had opponent actually triggering this, so you never really thought about it?.. Or what?.. Could be some other issue, really, maybe I'm not thinking about thing Touma is thinking at all, who knows.. Well, hopefully we'll learn with time..
I wonder, how much truth is in that maybe created Misakas are just not capable of hate.. But with time changing they will begin to hate Accelerator for all he did to them.. Who knows.. I think, if they have free will.. I think some will choose to do that indeed.. And some will forgive Accelerator.. Some will become depressed.. Some will commit suicide.. Some will turn criminals.. Some will just live their lives.. Some will make world better place.. Some will do something else.. But who knows, I guess..
Oct 1, 2021 6:07 PM
Nov 2019
For me the entire episode was stolen by the Accelerator and Misaka Worst. As a squeamish and anxious person, the whole fight was a true nightmare to witness... All the worst memories of episodes past came to the surface....
KirenioOct 1, 2021 6:11 PM
Nov 23, 2021 12:50 AM

Dec 2013
Vento did as well I expected. The piercing from her tongue being ripped out looked painful.

The ending is a reminder of why Accelerator is such a great character.
Nov 21, 2022 6:47 PM

Dec 2020
While it was painful, Ventos tongue chain was so dumb looking I'm glad it's gone lol

Still baffles me how Accelerator can't comprehend magic. I don't think Academy City would even believe it yet it seems to be everywhere else on the world.
Jun 4, 2023 3:55 AM

May 2020
Keeping the usual issues aside and how stupid the overall conversation between Touma and Fiamma was, where Touma was acting like a clown spectator, the ending with Accelerator's VA going on steroids really heated things up.

Still the fight itself with Misaka worst was an embarrassing execution. If it wasn't for Accelerator's PTSD from sisters arc coming back and haunting him, there's little or nothing to write about.

Preview for next episode with Hamazura.. ugh.
Jun 10, 2023 12:39 PM

Nov 2010
13:30 Sounds like the Wagner Group.

Even with Vento, they weren't able to scratch Fianna. I wonder how they can beat him if he's this much stronger than Acqua or Vento. Hopefully, the asspull isn't gonna be ridiculous. I felt that pain when Fianna ripped off Vento's tongue.

Accelerator would have an easier time if he just lived up to being a true villain. If he were a sociopath like me, something like killing thousands of MISAKAs wouldn't bother me that much, maybe just a tiny bit, since they're all waste of fine meat. I'd instead make love with them.
Nov 28, 2023 1:59 PM

Nov 2023
Accelerator wearing white with blood stains looks poetic
Dec 8, 2023 5:36 AM

Dec 2018
oh man accelorator is such a good character and i feel so bad for him, he's still haunted by his past crimes even though he was forced into it. please last order wake up and help him before he's totally lost. he keeps saying he's an aesthetic villain but i think that's just a coping mechanism. i want to see him redeem himself :[
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Jun 2017
That mental beatdown on psycopathic Accelerator was a treat to watch."It is not because they choose for themselves not to hate you !!They just couldn't exhibit it outwardly because their own means of processing human emotions made it impossible for them to understand or express them !!." Chef's Kiss.That rat took solace thinking they regard him as white knight.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

» I like how mistreated those Anime girls are lol

KhoaVN - Dec 2, 2023

8 by KhoaVN »»
Dec 2, 2023 8:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.