Forum Settings
Forums

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Movie: Orion no Ya Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Poll: Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Movie: Orion no Ya Episode 1 Discussion

Jul 14, 5:34 AM
Zefyris said:
This movie seems really confused about what happens when a god get heavily wounded by a weapon.
That beam of light reaching the sky means that Artemis didn't die but went back to the God's realm just like any other God heavily wounded. If she really died, there would be no such a beam, since that's literally the Goddess going back.
And that's logical since Bell hits her with Hestia knife rather than that so called "arrow that can kill a god" which didn't even scratch her.

So as far as we know there's no reincarnation or whatever, Artemis is simply "out of the game" in the mortal realms and will not come back here.
So the whole fuss from Hestia and the like is out of place, although having Bell do it is quite ridiculous. Usually mortals will never send back a god to heaven, as they would get tremendously cursed. Maybe because Artemis is willing for it it's fine on that point? dunno, but that feels quite... outside of the danmachi verse narrated that way.

Also, you've got a monster that can parasite a god and use its power (which is perfectly in verse btw from what I know) why the hell are you bringing with you Hestia and Hermes to face the monster? they're weaker than level 1 fighters so they're nothing but handicap for the group, and give the risk of another parasitic phenomenon happening.
In fact, Hestia should have never been allowed by Uranos to get outside of Orario together with Bell, that's against the rules (Hermes is exempted, but there's no reason to exempt Hestia from it in the current situation).

btw there's no way that tamed monsters behave that nicely without any tamers around to keep them in check.

One thing I really liked (outside of the music that was pretty lit all along) was the whole idea of a gigantic moon-like spell in the shape of a bow up in the sky for Artemis's power. That was really cool.
Visual were good, animation was satisfying, but that's kind of to be expected from a movie.

It's not Cannon anway as was said that the movie will have alot of inconsistencys with the main series

Jul 14, 5:40 AM
Goukenslay said:
is this movie even canon?
Goukenslay said:
Goukenslay said:

Nope its completely original

Jul 14, 5:53 AM

Mattinator95 said:
Zefyris said:
This movie seems really confused about what happens when a god get heavily wounded by a weapon.
That beam of light reaching the sky means that Artemis didn't die but went back to the God's realm just like any other God heavily wounded. If she really died, there would be no such a beam, since that's literally the Goddess going back.
And that's logical since Bell hits her with Hestia knife rather than that so called "arrow that can kill a god" which didn't even scratch her.

So as far as we know there's no reincarnation or whatever, Artemis is simply "out of the game" in the mortal realms and will not come back here.
So the whole fuss from Hestia and the like is out of place, although having Bell do it is quite ridiculous. Usually mortals will never send back a god to heaven, as they would get tremendously cursed. Maybe because Artemis is willing for it it's fine on that point? dunno, but that feels quite... outside of the danmachi verse narrated that way.

Also, you've got a monster that can parasite a god and use its power (which is perfectly in verse btw from what I know) why the hell are you bringing with you Hestia and Hermes to face the monster? they're weaker than level 1 fighters so they're nothing but handicap for the group, and give the risk of another parasitic phenomenon happening.
In fact, Hestia should have never been allowed by Uranos to get outside of Orario together with Bell, that's against the rules (Hermes is exempted, but there's no reason to exempt Hestia from it in the current situation).

btw there's no way that tamed monsters behave that nicely without any tamers around to keep them in check.

One thing I really liked (outside of the music that was pretty lit all along) was the whole idea of a gigantic moon-like spell in the shape of a bow up in the sky for Artemis's power. That was really cool.
Visual were good, animation was satisfying, but that's kind of to be expected from a movie.

It's not Cannon anway as was said that the movie will have alot of inconsistencys with the main series

Being not cannon and being inconsistent with the rest of the verse aren't the same thing you know.

Jul 14, 1:43 PM

Does anyone knows if the ending song was used on another anime? I can't shake the idea that I have heard it before but can't point where.

Edit: Forget it, I'm dumb, just realized I heard it on the mobile game.
Modified by OriharaShinra, Jul 14, 2:48 PM
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."

FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650

Jul 15, 3:54 AM

The movie wasn't bad actually, it was worth the watch. But my biggest problem with it and many anime movies are that they always seem to introduce a new character that is only meant to die at the end because the movie isn't canon.

I personally believe that they could've kept Artemis as an anime original character because I liked her that much. But at the end of the day, the movie failed to invoke that sad feeling in me because I always saw her dying at the end. It also felt like Bell was a bit too naive at the end trying to take on a monster like that on his own because he thought that he could save her.

Positives then, Hermes as always. Artemis was an intriguing character that I came to like. The monsters were cool looking and the animation was good with consistent art throughout the movie.
Also, that dance scene was amazing, the one part of the movie that had me going: wow

6/10, not bad but it's too similar to every other anime movie of a bigger franchise

Jul 16, 8:11 AM
Well... As expected, it was great... I dropped some tears as well 😅

Jul 21, 2:00 AM
masnatra said:
kapan di rilis di indonesia
lihat aja di anoboy

Jul 23, 8:34 PM

Saw it at my local theater today.

Honestly, it was alright. Nothing to write home about. The plot was kinda tacked on, fairly predictable too. Animation was good but I've seen movies with far better, direction was decent, could've been better but passable I guess.

Character interactions were nice and kinda the only thing that the movie had going for it.

Greatest thing about the movie is Sakamoto Maaya and Artemis's design. I love her design and now I'm disappointed because she's not canon and I don't know if she'll actually make an appearance in the main show or at least in the form that was shown here. I liked her character and interaction with Hestia too.

My favorite scene in the movie was Hermes riling up the guys to travel into the holy land of the maidens. That was a damn good speech. XD

6/10

Jul 25, 6:24 PM

I bought my ticket at half price and still I felt the need to get my money back. This movie is what I imagine when you have to obfuscate the fact that you have a barebones story and need to stretch it out to 90 minutes with great undeserved amounts of fanservice and exposition.

3.5/10

Jul 28, 1:16 PM

This movie left me kinda heartbroken and hyped on season 2 all along. It's filler and anime original, not sure how to feel about that, and I hate that freaking screenwriter plothole/armor... like... damn, they managed to make Artemis best girl here, let fell us in love with her and even promise a 10 000 years romance between her and Bell... but not in this life... not in this anime, not in this novel series.... just left it up to our imagination, to take her time to reincarnate, maybe hundred, maybe ten thousands years, she has to find Bell's next life and manage to fall in love with him again... it's such beautiful and tormenting idea, or I am just little weak in my heart. Let dreams be a dreams.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 29, 4:09 PM
i still don t get why it had to be bell to throw the spear, like everyone around him could have done it better especially Hestia who has special bonds with Artemis.

And that was the key element of the story...

Aug 12, 3:10 PM

Pretty good movie with nice bittersweet ending, I really enjoyed it. The dance in the lake was awesome and whole serious atmosphere was nice change of pace compared to the series. I liked it.

Have to say the scene where he didn't stop his knife and killed her was very strong yet also strange. The part of me still think they might emphasize the fact that by destroying her remaining power he is releasing her free from this world completely. And they also could have explained it better that what remained inside Antares' body was only her essence, not her soul.. as it looked like there is really another her inside and it felt bad that he didn't even tried to remove her from the shell and save her after Antares was defeated (while that was really not an option).

But all in all it was nice tale of the invebility and the destiny. Even though they might foreshadowed the ending bit too much throughout all the movie. And this movie basically overwrote all past and future destinies of Bell as he is now bound to become soulmate of Artemis (which is probably not canon). Still, it was great watch.

7.5/10

Aug 18, 3:21 PM

Can't get enough of Sakamoto, she was perfect for Artemis' role.

Efficient directing, shame the people that keep deprecating JC Staff will never watch this movie.

Also really liked everyone's travel clothes, wish that was the basis of season 2 character design.

Sep 17, 3:53 PM

Really awesome movie and now I'm even more looking forward to seeing the second season! Really bittersweet ending if you ask me!

Pages (2) « 1 [2]