Forum Settings
Forums

What's An Anime You've Wanted To Watch For A Long Time, But Haven't Gotten Around To For Some Reason?

New
Feb 12, 2019 1:27 PM

Apr 2018
It's probably a very hard question to answer, but I'm curious.

Personally, I've wanted to watch 'Shigofumi' for quite a long time, but every time I almost started watching it, something else came up and took priority
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 12, 2019 1:31 PM

Jan 2019
Probably the Fate series. I've only just now started decrypting the entirety of the Monogatari series, but Fate looks even worse in terms of series that are hard to get into.
“What are you scared of? Nothing good has ever come from fear.” – Kawabuchi Sentarou
Feb 12, 2019 1:32 PM
Shattered Angel

Mar 2015
Bleach for me. I really wanna watch through it but there's so many episodes and I have so little time to get fully invested like that xD
Feb 12, 2019 1:33 PM

Feb 2013
tekkon kinkret, texhnolyze, higurashi/umineko,.. all i know since my early anime days but never got around despite looking interesting as psychological series
Feb 12, 2019 1:38 PM

Aug 2018
The shows that I left in my PTW list for at least 5 years were Bokurano, Tokyo magnitude 8, Yosuga no Sora and Lupin III. During last year and this one I watched all of them, except Lupin, I started that one a couple of hours ago.

Edit:I have to watch get backers and ef: a tales of...
Feb 12, 2019 1:39 PM

May 2017
Monster.

I heard its good but it has 74 episodes and is plot heavy. If im taking a break from it I might lose interest and drop it or something.
Feb 12, 2019 1:40 PM

Dec 2018
-Zephyr- said:
Bleach for me. I really wanna watch through it but there's so many episodes and I have so little time to get fully invested like that xD

If you do get around to watching it but find yourself still struggling with time I would reccomend skipping the bount arc(cannon, but shit and irrelevant to story), the new squad captain arc(filler), and another filler arc I don’t remember.

If you do that, and enjoy the show however, I’d reccomend going back and watching them once you finish. Even though they aren’t cannon I do believe I heard they were written by the mangas author for the animation studio, and they’re entertaining. Minus the bount arc.

The biggest issue is their horrible timing, the story will start to grasp your interest them, BAM, shitty/filler arc.

Outside of the bount arc which is cannon you will easily tell the filler arcs, they stray away from the current timeline.

Hope you get around to it and enjoy it
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Feb 12, 2019 1:41 PM
Aug 2017
HunterxHunter (2011). I want to watch it, but dont want to start it if the manga wont end due to the authors health. This is the same reason that I have not watched Log Horizon, if I remember correctly the author was arrested due to tax related reasons
Feb 12, 2019 1:45 PM

Dec 2018
I have a lot of animes I want to watch but haven’t gotten around too, simply because there’s so many I plan to watch.

I would say one of the ones I’ve known about for a longer time though is the fate series (which I guess counts as a few) I had recently finished Your Lie in April and was not in a positive state of mind, and my brother said the fates (or at least the one he saw) probably wouldn’t help.

So I’ve been saving it for when my outlook on life gets a bit more positive lol.

Exact same reasoning behind Anohana but the warning wasn’t from my brother.
Lolicons are scum.
Feb 12, 2019 1:48 PM

Dec 2018
Marvargas898 said:
HunterxHunter (2011). I want to watch it, but dont want to start it if the manga wont end due to the authors health. This is the same reason that I have not watched Log Horizon, if I remember correctly the author was arrested due to tax related reasons

At this point I can safely assure you even if the manga does finish there will not be a third reboot of the anime. (at least not for 20+ years if it does, which I still don’t think it will)
Lolicons are scum.
Feb 12, 2019 1:51 PM

Nov 2010
Shibakee said:
Probably the Fate series. I've only just now started decrypting the entirety of the Monogatari series, but Fate looks even worse in terms of series that are hard to get into.

If you are talking about the animes I don't think it's as bad as Monogatari (as someone who recently tried to figure out the Monogatari thing and where the start of that is) since there is lot less stuff to watch. Unless you want to watch everything about it including all weird non canon specials and spin-offs.

But basically there is Fate/Zero which has two seasons to watch and good place to start. Then there is Fate/Stay Night that has 3 different versions based on different routes in Visual Novel it's about so you can either just choose one to watch I guess (I chose Unlimited Bladeworks one) or watch it all.

That's like the main things about Fate series really. If you have watched Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night for most people that is the Fate. If you want to dive deeper there is Fate/Apocrypha that takes places in alternative universe and Fate/Extra: Last Encore which takes place in very distant future. Both have Fate concept, but have pretty much nth to do with previous plots and you can just not watch them if you aren't interested, they aren't that popular nor good according to people (I love Apocrypha though.). Then there is different specials and spin-offs, but who cares.

There is some Fate stuff coming up mostly related to Fate/Grand Order, but who knows what is that about (apart from Visual Novel players).

But yes unless you plan to be superfan and just want to watch Fate to know what's it's about and what's good about it watch Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night (I recommend Unlimited Bladeworks one). You can even choose which one to watch first since Fate/Zero is chronologically first (I watched it first) and Fate/Stay Night is the intended first.
Feb 12, 2019 1:52 PM
Shattered Angel

Mar 2015
Hokage_Jason said:
-Zephyr- said:

If you do get around to watching it but find yourself still struggling with time I would reccomend skipping the bount arc(cannon, but shit and irrelevant to story), the new squad captain arc(filler), and another filler arc I don’t remember.

If you do that, and enjoy the show however, I’d reccomend going back and watching them once you finish. Even though they aren’t cannon I do believe I heard they were written by the mangas author for the animation studio, and they’re entertaining. Minus the bount arc.

The biggest issue is their horrible timing, the story will start to grasp your interest them, BAM, shitty/filler arc.

Outside of the bount arc which is cannon you will easily tell the filler arcs, they stray away from the current timeline.

Hope you get around to it and enjoy it

Oh Okay awesome! I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the heads up! ^.^
Feb 12, 2019 1:56 PM

Nov 2017
I have been meaning to get around to Maid Sama! and Lucky☆Star since pretty much the first time I browsed through anime on the internet a few years ago before getting a relatively stable internet connection, K-on and Azumanga Daioh were also in that group until late last year.

As to the reason with Maid Sama!; in the early days of me watching anime, I just felt I was not ready to be able to fully appreciate the cute maid aesthetic which was a very foreign concept to me at the time; by this point, I am a fan of maid characters, and still intend to get to it, relatively soon.

It was also a case of them having been on the plan to watch list for so long that they were sort of drowned out by all the other stuff I started watching, and because I was always waiting for what felt like the right time to naturally start watching them and not force them into a slot where I felt like watching something else instead, but I am finally getting around to them now, hehe.
Feb 12, 2019 2:05 PM

Nov 2010
Zip_Zip said:
Monster.

I heard its good but it has 74 episodes and is plot heavy. If im taking a break from it I might lose interest and drop it or something.

It's actually really captivating, I ended up binging it in 3-4 days. Maybe little break would have been just good thing ^^;
Feb 12, 2019 2:32 PM
Jul 2018
Yu Yu Hakusho of all things. I've heard it's a great shonen and better than the popular ones now. I also heard that there's very little filler and it's paced well. Probably will start watching it soon.
Feb 12, 2019 2:38 PM

Jan 2013
Dunno, people have always been recommending me Code Geass but I just don't feel like watching it. Actually I tried watching it a few times but I always stop after 2-3 episodes and then just forget about it. I think I want to watch it because of all those recs, but at the same time I don't.
Feb 12, 2019 2:41 PM

Jul 2010
Monster, Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, JoJo series. Heard many good things about these shows, but they are longer shows and I don't have the time to watch them right now
dlee342Feb 12, 2019 2:44 PM
Feb 12, 2019 2:41 PM

May 2017
KomaDoll said:
Zip_Zip said:
Monster.

It's actually really captivating, I ended up binging it in 3-4 days. Maybe little break would have been just good thing ^^;

Oh, I heard that a lot. I dont know maybe im saving up Monster like a dessert? ^^
Not sure, anyway thanks and yeah a break would have been good lol

fuyuki said:
Dunno, people have always been recommending me Code Geass but I just don't feel like watching it. Actually I tried watching it a few times but I always stop after 2-3 episodes and then just forget about it. I think I want to watch it because of all those recs, but at the same time I don't.

I always thought that the beginning of Code Geass was the most captivating part. If you really forced yourself to watch those first episodes over and over then you shouldn't bother really. Your taste is just diffrent and thats okay.
Zip_ZipFeb 12, 2019 2:50 PM
Feb 12, 2019 2:44 PM

Sep 2017
CLANNAD, i really want to watch the series but i'll wait until i get the Blue-Ray disc

Decide once every certain number of years which members of the ruling class will oppress and crush the people in parliament: this is the true essence of bourgeois parliamentarism, not only in the constitutional parliamentary monarchies but in the most democratic republics
- The State and Revolution (September 1917), Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov "Lenin".
Feb 12, 2019 2:45 PM
Jul 2018
Top Wo Nerai! Gunbuster I have been planning on getting around to. I've heard it is really good.

HungryForQuality said:
Yu Yu Hakusho of all things. I've heard it's a great shonen and better than the popular ones now. I also heard that there's very little filler and it's paced well. Probably will start watching it soon.

I highly recommend YYH, it is quite a bit above average when it comes to battle shounen. If you like it you will probably like Hunter X Hunter, which I consider to be YYH's supercharged big brother. My recommendation may not be of any value though because our tastes are quite different from what I've saw haha.
Feb 12, 2019 2:47 PM
Jul 2018
Neo Tokyo
I've heard amazing things about it, but lately I've been too much in the mood for more relaxing anime, and I keep forgetting about Neo Tokyo.
Feb 12, 2019 2:52 PM

Nov 2010
I did recently watch Houseki no Kuni that I know would be good and was recommended me ages ago- and it was really good. There is also many others I planned forever and finally got to like Boku no hero academia.

But what I have been planning to watch long time and still haven't..

Aldnoah.Zero, mostly cause combo between my fav writer Butcher Gen and my fav jpop group Kalafina. Should be good.

Your Lie in April. Cause it's popular, but I know nth about it and it bothers me.

Movie wise Kimi no na wa and Koe no Katachi, I don't watch movies that often so I'm missing out of the hype. Also I have lot of Ghibli films I really need get to watching, maybe Nausicaä most though it's not technically ghibli.

Feb 12, 2019 2:53 PM
Jul 2018
Taylor3112 said:
Top Wo Nerai! Gunbuster I have been planning on getting around to. I've heard it is really good.

HungryForQuality said:

I highly recommend YYH, it is quite a bit above average when it comes to battle shounen. If you like it you will probably like Hunter X Hunter, which I consider to be YYH's supercharged big brother. My recommendation may not be of any value though because our tastes are quite different from what I've saw haha.

Nah thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to take it into consideration. Just never watched one of those 100+ episode multiple stand-alone stories type of shonen before and it's kinda intimidating lol.

I've only watched FMA:B which I thought was great and my hero academia season 1 which I thought was boring and subpar.

That reminds me, I need to watch Fullmetal Alchemist 2003 to see how it compares to the manga faithul 2009 version. I heard it's darker, has some more fleshed out characters, but I also heard it has a lot of filler and derails when they went into anime original territory.
Feb 12, 2019 2:54 PM

Jan 2019
i got way too many of these kinds of animes

i guess if i had to choose, clannad after story, digimon series, princess mononoke movie, and a ton of other stuff, i just never feel like watching them so i just watch other stuff
Feb 12, 2019 2:55 PM

Nov 2017
Monster. I've read the manga so I should have watched it by now lol. I do plan on watching it this year though
Feb 12, 2019 2:57 PM

May 2014
Ghost in the Shell SAC is an anime i really should've seen by now. I definitely plan on watching it this year.
Feb 12, 2019 2:59 PM

Jun 2009
Fuck. Just too many. I have 1000 anime I plan to watch after all.
I guess the highest priority are Shouwa Genroku Rakugo, Aria and the next seasons of JoJo. I'm still stuck at season 1 >.<
Feb 12, 2019 3:01 PM

Jan 2018
Monster, the Monogatari series, Psycho-Pass to name a few. Every time I plan on watching these next, I always end up having my attention diverted toward something else >_>

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Feb 12, 2019 3:04 PM

Nov 2018
Naruto and Monogatari series are the two shows that I've really wanted to get into but keep getting side-tracked
Feb 12, 2019 3:12 PM
Apr 2011
I been trying to watch Hidamari sketch for a while
Feb 12, 2019 3:22 PM
Mar 2018
Zip_Zip said:
Monster.

It's so good. It is absolutely worth it
Feb 12, 2019 3:23 PM
Mar 2018
Marvargas898 said:

The anime has a satisfying ending. It very clearly could have ended there if it wasn't for the many things left unanswered and hanging plot threads. Despite that, it is a satisfying conclusion to one of the major narratives of the series.
Feb 12, 2019 3:28 PM

Oct 2013
I have a lots of shows, like around 500+ (classics, vintages, and newer ones) or something that I should be seen by now but still didn't get into right mood of watching.
Feb 12, 2019 3:29 PM

Aug 2018
Off the top of my head... Full Metal Alchemist and Boku no Hero Academia. I always want to get started and then something happens... I did finally start Clannad though! So there's that lol.
Feb 12, 2019 3:32 PM

Jan 2016
Oh there's tons. Chihayafuru for a long time was stuck in my backlog until season 3 was announced after having a chance to watch part of it at an anime event, Legend of the Galactic Heroes has been on my radar for ages, same with Higurashi, Paranoia Agent, Trigun, Panty and Stocking, Serial Experiments Lain, the list goes on. I'm always struggling to find the right balance of keeping up with more recent good shows and watching classic anime.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Feb 12, 2019 4:01 PM

Aug 2009
K-ON!. Next June or July August marks the tenth year that I've had it on hold.

Feb 12, 2019 4:04 PM
we back

Aug 2015
Ergo Proxy and Noragami are on the top of my list of anime to watch next.

However, I haven't be able to get myself to watch any anime lately.
Feb 12, 2019 4:07 PM
Baka
Jan 2008
Original Ashita no Joe, it's been on the list for a while and I need to get around to it.
Feb 12, 2019 4:11 PM
Jan 2018
Can think of at least Yu Yu Hakusho, LOGH, Rurouni Kenshin, Clannad, Baccano... no idea why i haven't watched them. Maybe tad to long for the first 3 mentioned...
Feb 12, 2019 4:30 PM

Jan 2016
Gamers! and Himouto! Umaru-chan R in my PTW list for...I forgot. I would always planned to watch these sometimes in the middle of my CW anime like "Perhaps I'll watch these shows (PTW shows) after I finish this show (CW shows)." but every time I finished the CW show and proceeding to watch the PTW shows, I have this anxiety that the show would began to get boring halfway. So I'm too scared to invest my time to watch anime.

Maybe you're thinking, "You can just drop the show if it gets boring." right? I know I can just do this, but only if I'm at the 1st - 3rd episode. If I drop at the 6th episode or above, I feel guilty. Not that I feel guilty because I feel pity of the shows for not finishing it. But because the 6 or above episodes I've watched end up wasted.

Now maybe you're thinking, "You don't have to feel guilty for wasting anime episodes. Watching anime itself is a part of experience, even though it's halfway." Well, not that I feel guilty on a serious level like so guilty that I might have an existential crisis. It's just like when you're playing video games and you missed a missable legendary items that can only be obtained in a certain mission. The difference is that the missable item is my time. I know this is kinda autistic if you think so but nothing to worry about.
Feb 12, 2019 5:02 PM

Dec 2012
Anything that's been in my PTW list forever like:

"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Feb 12, 2019 5:08 PM
Mar 2018
I just started it today actually but Death Note. I've known about it for the longest time but never got around to it... Oh and NGE and One Piece. T_T I'm a terrible anime fan
Feb 12, 2019 5:27 PM

Apr 2017
honestly pretty much everything in my PTW. good thing the AWC exists :)
Feb 12, 2019 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
Hunter x Hunter, Monster, Shigofumi, Yuki Yuna is a Hero, Selector Infected Wixoss, Day Break Illusion, Shiki, Fate-series, Nura, Eureka Seven, Aldnoah. Zero, Erin, Gosick, Clannad, Nana, .hack//Sign, His and her Circumstances, Hibike Euphonium, Katanagatari, Rurouni Kenshin, Paranoia Agent, Kids on the Slope, Trigun, Shakugan no Shana and some others. Too many actually.
Feb 12, 2019 5:35 PM

Apr 2016
Pretty much anything in my PTW+on-hold list that has a source.
Cannot keep up with everything though! :>
The dearer you hold a memory the more painful it becomes.

Feb 12, 2019 5:37 PM

Dec 2015
Jojo, Monogatari Series and Fate series. All of them are for the same reason: I'm too lazy to search where do I start and they have way too many shows (this one is more for the monogatari and fate series)
Feb 12, 2019 5:41 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
theres a

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE

number of those...

i couldn't even tell you the main ones lol

Feb 12, 2019 5:50 PM

May 2018
Madoka Magica the series and the movies. I already own the OSTs by Yuki Kajiura lol, but I keep being sidetracked by new things popping up all over the place :)
SuperGreenTeaFeb 12, 2019 5:59 PM
Feb 12, 2019 5:50 PM

Jul 2013
Kill la Kill, something about it is just no imo...
Feb 12, 2019 6:07 PM

Dec 2018
Considering I have 300+ on my PTW list there's a few but...I think specifically Fullmetal Alchemist and the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya. I have similar problems with them in the sense that I'm not sure which Fullmetal Alchemist I should watch and people have different ideas of what order to watch the Haruhi Suzimiya episodes.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

61 by FanofAction »»
9 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 31 minutes ago

6 by alshu »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

29 by MichaelJackson »»
15 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

85 by LenRea »»
27 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 2 hours ago

10 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.