Forum Settings
Forums

anyone else is not happy about the "current" state of anime community?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Feb 19, 2019 10:02 PM

Jul 2014
Yeah, I am without a doubt.

The amount of good "content" has really died down over the years. We may be lucky to get 1-4 great shows on a yearly basis these days. Which isn't too bad when you think about it.

I guess for me the most disappointing factor I can gather from all this though is that long-running Shounen series have really degraded in terms of art & animation over the last few years. It would really be good if Black Clover was animated seasonally like MHA...but nope. It'd probably be a better business decision overall too. People have been wanting the same thing for One Piece for years also.
Feb 19, 2019 10:18 PM

Nov 2017
Civilized people themselves have filthy minds.
Sep 7, 2019 1:39 PM

May 2016
Anime whom mainstreams claimed saved people from deppresion is a lie.

Anime beyond mainsteams are better with those we like.

I am not a huge mainstream anime fan to get rid of my deppresion y'all
Sep 7, 2019 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
When has the anime community, same as any others, been anything but bad?Nothing is ever perfect completely.I agree to some extent on moe but still, the answer is simple: if you don't agree with a show , and are not looking to review it or use it for something like that, don't watch it. I don't agree with oreimo, superlovers,and other anime that tackle heavy subjects in a bad manner, but I would rather ignore them.

I completely understand your need to express how bad things are, but the thing is we can all say why x and z is bad, but one has no control over what people want to watch or not. Anime is mainly a big thing in japan, they won't care if it pisses people off in other countries, etc. Also, most studios animate stuff that they think will sell, doesn't really mean they agree to it.
Oct 2, 2021 3:42 AM
Aug 2015
Wow! There were some intense posts that I had read on this trend OO

Anyway, I will just say my opinion. The current state of the anime community is getting better or worse in some ways. I just avoid them and watch my favorite shows that I like. And maybe the people I talked with about anime in Australia are very friendly but this trend has definitely given me some ideas of what to say and what not to say :D

The old anime will not go away. Sure, they will be hard to find but they won't disappear completely. I have my favorite animes whether it be the 80s, 90s (my favorite era), 2000s (my second favorite), 2010s and even modern times. I buy DVDs of them so that I can watch them whenever and wherever I like and please. I am currently hunting some old anime that I can find on Ebay.

The anime community cannot themselves be changed drastically but we should just keep our heads down and enjoy the shows that we like.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» What is your most re-watched anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

48 by MeguSae38 »»
2 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

32 by ISeeLifePeople »»
5 minutes ago

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

176 by ColourWheel »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime show good at portraying female drama/toxicity?

passtur - Yesterday

36 by LostSpectre »»
10 minutes ago

» angry sub only users

Yorda_trico - 6 hours ago

41 by LostSpectre »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.