Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2019 9:08 AM

Apr 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I enjoyed this episode because it demonstrated Naruse's and Asumi's thoughts. I think that can happen that as an older person, Naruse assumes that Asumi is young so he could meet someone else and have a heteronormative family. I have read stories where the older person doesn't necessarily see their self as 'worth it' to the younger one, or that the younger person could spend their time with someone 'better.' Although, I do like that Ichika loves spending time with Asumi, and even begging Asumi to stay with the father-son pair for the night says a lot. I think if children like you, then that means something.

I like that there was consent from Naruse for Asumi to touch our single father. Asumi is so passionate about Naruse, I hope we'll see Naruse taking the initiative soon lol. And it's probably a good thing that there was no penetrative sex when Naruse thinks Asumi should devote himself seriously to someone else...

Asumi went to a mixer, but he still has his heart set on Naruse. But who's that stranger at the end?? He's in front of Naruse's door, wearing a suit and has a bottle of wine... I can't believe we just had a cliffhanger LOL. And that ending theme song is just too cute, it doesn't get old on me lol <33

Two more episodes of this is left for us.... I don't think I'm ready to say goodbye yet ;---;
Feb 15, 2019 9:53 PM
Apr 2018
@cloe900311 nailed most of my thoughts. Naruse hasn't forgotten that Asumi was straight before they met, and he's assuming Asumi will decide to marry a woman and have a "normal" family. He's doing some combination of making incorrect assumptions about where Asumi's heart lies and making a misguided attempt to do what he thinks is "best" for Asumi.

This is the least rushed-feeling episode thus far. I kind of liked it.

I'm sure the next episode will contain a confrontation between Mr. Wine Bottle (who is surely intent on getting into Naruse's pants) and Asumi (who is also intent on getting into Naruse's pants).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Papa datte, Shitai Episode 8 Discussion

Mayuka - Feb 25, 2019

9 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Mar 27, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Papa datte, Shitai Episode 1 Discussion

BackstageMage - Jan 6, 2019

25 by Zahiraofficial12 »»
Nov 29, 2022 3:00 AM

Poll: » Papa datte, Shitai Episode 2 Discussion

BackstageMage - Jan 13, 2019

9 by Mirai »»
Jul 11, 2019 1:17 PM

Poll: » Papa datte, Shitai Episode 5 Discussion

Cloe900311 - Feb 4, 2019

2 by Thebigofan »»
Apr 16, 2019 2:22 AM

» About Papa Datte Shitai Episode 7

Akira_Sekai - Feb 23, 2019

2 by Cloe900311 »»
Apr 4, 2019 7:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.