Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 12, 2019 6:38 AM
Mar 2018
Tarotist said:
They're weakening Charybdis so that Rimuru can eat it...right?

Wait...Rimuru kept Mirim out of the fight because he thought Charybdis was going after him? And all of those forces only did about 30% damage? And then Mirim just nukes Charybdis all by herself...

Dorf is calling Milim a "secret weapon" because he doesn't want to tell Gazel that Rimuru has allied himself with a Demon Lord. Hehehe...

Now Rimuru has Beastmasters on his side now? How much stronger is this nation going to get?

Non aggression treaty is different with alliance just saying, if you confuse those two in game like civilization don't blame me if you got nuked by ghandi
Feb 12, 2019 6:43 AM

Dec 2018
bitchassdarius said:
nina444 said:

Lol
Im surprised of the fact you keep replying regardless of how "you're so called baby" my responses are Lol
It speaks a lot for your character Pftt
keep spamming playground insults instead of bringing up relevant arguments. no one is impressed by your tantrums, child.

jaw201 said:

This isn't even close to the climax to the story. Its laughable that you think that we are anywhere close to the end. I would disagree with the comment that the story revolves around only Rimuru. I would say that it revolves around Rimuru and the country of Tempest. We still have yet to get to the true threat Rimuru has to face in this world.

i think it's more laughable that you don't realize that there's only 6 episodes left. do you not know what a scenario is? don't bother replying until you realize i'm talking about the climax of the 2-cour season, and not the entire story. i forget how goddamn stupid anime fans are. i bet you failed literature class in high school but you still think you know what you're talking about because you watched a whole battle shounen and know how to talk about "power levels." what a disgrace

The first volumes are a configuration of the world and the characters, but mainly the city, is not a story that must complete a cycle or climax when it is just showing the tip of the iceberg of a whole universe since the author did not write this, thinking about ending it in 24 episodes, he has many things to show for the future, do you know that before the anime lasted much longer than just 24 episodes? It takes Dragon Ball that the first 100 chapters were just adventures, villains that were clowns like the Pilaf gang and fights with not so serious rivals, it's not until piccolo daimaoh appears to be the first really evil villain that the story takes one more serious route it would be already focusing on the fights why she became so famous, and do you know when this happens? in chapter 102 obviously Tensura is not going to need so many episodes, but it is the custom that the current animes have to have a much faster rate.
Feb 12, 2019 6:46 AM

Feb 2017
Atavistic said:
No surprise that the CGI on the sharks that Charybdis summoned was absolute garbage, but it was surprising to see just how bad the animation of Rimuru's flight was: it looked ridiculously jagged and totally unnatural, which is a big disappointment. Also, even before Milim got involved there was absolutely no sense of tension whatsoever, so this was pretty much completely redundant as usual.

Also, the fact that Milim did end up one-shotting it just proves my point from last week about how shit and lazy the writing is, as it proves that her help was only refused to drag this arc out a little bit more (cos it would be even more unsubstantial than it already is if they didn't).

This whole show just feels more and more aimless every week. And holy crap, reading through this thread shows that some people will not accept any criticism of this show at all, so I can't wait to get quoted eight or whatever times again to say that my opinion is shit or what have you.

I can see how much you despise Tensura lol
just take a close look at your choice of words ;
"No Surprise"
"Redundant"
"As Usual"
"Lazy Writing"
"Aimless"

Well , it's a waste of time for you then ? so why would u keep watchin tensura to begin with ? it's already predictable and obnoxious isn't it ?

As for me it's a pretty simple one , if an anime fails to entertain me I won't watch it . End story . Take it or leave it .

Lastly , let me tell you this... could u stop being so Grumpy about everythn😅 what you're so called "criticism" doesn't mean shit here because everythn you say is straight up Flaming .

It should be noted . I ain't syin your opinion is shit , Im just perplexed of how narrow minded you are .
Lab_Rat_0978Feb 12, 2019 6:51 AM
Feb 12, 2019 6:51 AM
Oct 2017
Fede_5000 said:
bitchassdarius said:
keep spamming playground insults instead of bringing up relevant arguments. no one is impressed by your tantrums, child.

i think it's more laughable that you don't realize that there's only 6 episodes left. do you not know what a scenario is? don't bother replying until you realize i'm talking about the climax of the 2-cour season, and not the entire story. i forget how goddamn stupid anime fans are. i bet you failed literature class in high school but you still think you know what you're talking about because you watched a whole battle shounen and know how to talk about "power levels." what a disgrace

The first volumes are a configuration of the world and the characters, but mainly the city, is not a story that must complete a cycle or climax when it is just showing the tip of the iceberg of a whole universe since the author did not write this, thinking about ending it in 24 episodes, he has many things to show for the future, do you know that before the anime lasted much longer than just 24 episodes? It takes Dragon Ball that the first 100 chapters were just adventures, villains that were clowns like the Pilaf gang and fights with not so serious rivals, it's not until piccolo daimaoh appears to be the first really evil villain that the story takes one more serious route it would be already focusing on the fights why she became so famous, and do you know when this happens? in chapter 102 obviously Tensura is not going to need so many episodes, but it is the custom that the current animes have to have a much faster rate.

do you even know what a series composition is? do you know what it means to write a scenario for a tv show? you really think a 4-cour show like dragon ball is comparable to 1/2-cour seasonals? i can't take you seriously if you don't even know how anime adaptations are written. don't bother replying, i don't waste my time on people that talk out of their ass.

Mattinator95 said:

This isn't even a battle shounen not really

you have abysmal reading comprehension skills

Feb 12, 2019 6:57 AM
Mar 2018
Btw just skimmed through the thread a bit and damn the "discussion" is pretty heated

Especially on the topic of tension???

Well normally I don't care about this sort of technical stuff but, there seems to be a lot of consensus going on that

NO TENSION = BAD WRITING ???

Thats a pretty bold statement there I must say, if you guys talking about classical writing then yeah I agree that without tension a story would be flat, but that happen because back in the day most story are hero journey a journey from 0 to hero

And what we need story to move in progressive way, we need tension to build, obstacle to overcome, and drama

In the end we see what the character end up, a new man the journey were amazing and our heart were filled with satisfaction so much that we want to make our kid see it.

Which is why those type of writting is so popular

That is why I'm actually thrilled from the fact that tensura completely rid themsellves of any tension, purposely I mean think about it they introduced millim right before some random shark came, they always finish a fight of anykind in 1 ep (wolves,ifrit,orc lord, chraybids) that proceed with aftermath

It's like the author just give everyone a middle finger for thinking that tension is the number one driving force of any Writting that the world must comply themselves to the teaching of tension sensei.

Whats important is that this show still managed to give a "smile" in my face every monday morning, something that dororo and tate do 180° I'm pretty sure you guys understand what I'm saying.

I don't need tension at least from these show, If I want any typical hero journey clone than I could just rewatch the original starwars than watching some half assed anime with "high stakes".
BriandiasFeb 12, 2019 7:04 AM
Feb 12, 2019 7:08 AM

Dec 2018
Fede_5000 said:

do you even know what a series composition is? do you know what it means to write a scenario for a tv show? you really think a 4-cour show like dragon ball is comparable to 1/2-cour seasonals? i can't take you seriously if you don't even know how anime adaptations are written. don't bother replying, i don't waste my time on people that talk out of their ass.

then the episode composer must forcefully give a "final" that is not final because the story continues, but he has to do it because that is what should be done according to you? as I try to do Re: zero even though I do not finish anything, nor the mystery of how Subaru came to that world or the reason of his powers, simply to stay with his waifu because that's what the anime was about, couples? PFFFF
Feb 12, 2019 7:22 AM
Jan 2018
bitchassdarius said:
Fede_5000 said:

Mattinator95 said:

This isn't even a battle shounen not really

you have abysmal reading comprehension skills

Well I did only read one comment. So I have no clue what shounen was mentioned about before hand
Feb 12, 2019 7:23 AM
Apr 2018
animation and sound effects are very good, love it.
Feb 12, 2019 7:24 AM

Nov 2016
Briandias said:
Btw just skimmed through the thread a bit and damn the "discussion" is pretty heated

Well normally I don't care about this sort of technical stuff but, there seems to be a lot of consensus going on that

Thats a pretty bold statement there I must say, if you guys talking about classical writing then yeah I agree that without tension a story would be flat, but that happen because back in the day most story are hero journey a journey from 0 to hero

And what we need story to move in progressive way, we need tension to build, obstacle to overcome, and drama

In the end we see what the character end up, a new man the journey were amazing and our heart were filled with satisfaction so much that we want to make our kid see it.

That is why I'm actually thrilled from the fact that tensura completely rid themsellves of any tension, purposely I mean think about it they introduced millim right before some random shark came, they always finish a fight of anykind in 1 ep (wolves,ifrit,orc lord, chraybids) that proceed with aftermath

It's like the author just give everyone a middle finger for thinking that tension is the number one driving force of any Writting that the world must comply themselves to the teaching of tension sensei.

Whats important is that this show still managed to give a "smile" in my face every monday morning, something that dororo and tate do 180° I'm pretty sure you guys understand what I'm saying.

I don't need tension at least from these show, If I want any typical hero journey clone than I could just rewatch the original starwars than watching some half assed anime with "high stakes".

If this is called as "the monomyth", or the "hero's journey", is the common template of a broad category of tales that involve a hero who goes on an adventure, and in a decisive crisis wins a victory, and then comes home changed or transformed. It is a popular narrative model for the same reasons you say, however it is not the only system that exists nor is it the best, the fiction and the imagination is much wider and powerful to deliver more than the same typical story about someone facing difficulties for reach a goal and that is the proof that this story is different from all the others because it does not need tension or artificial obstacles to tell a story :D
Feb 12, 2019 7:26 AM
Jan 2018
Briandias said:

The battles didn't hardly solve any plot points like a shounen does and this series focus isn't battles it's tempest so I don't see why there should be tension or high stakes but it seems alot people haven't picked up on that after 19 episodes.

And no meaningful conflict actually happens until later on past the anime
Mattinator95Feb 12, 2019 7:38 AM
Feb 12, 2019 7:48 AM
Feb 2019
cyber-brain said:
Oh wow, the animation quality was astonishingly bad in the figh sequences. Copy-pasted pegasus knights with static horses, unimpactful beam attacks, and bad blend of 3D and 2D animation.

I even thought: "Ehhm, why am watching this show, again?"

And the plot of the last few episods was quite boring and "techincal": a dumb revenge-driven character got tricked into fusing with a power that he cannot control and attacks the protagost's village. It could've been taken care of in a minute if for some stupid reason the protagonsit's retainers did not forbid the 3rd party's intervention. So, the villagers take the defense in their hands. Of course, some extra weak threats are being supplied along with the OP anatagonsit to let the side characters shine for a few cuts. Our protagonist give the big baddy a try but conveniently realizes that he can use the OP 3rd party after all to finish this one off.

So, out of nowhere we get a big threat that is convenietly difused.

You just don't get it, do you?
This whole mini arc is only to show the difference between a mere slime born a few months ago and a demon lord who lives for thousands of years. Asking for Milim's help is not like ask your friend for a favor, but more like a national scale issue
Feb 12, 2019 7:49 AM

Dec 2018
Briandias said:

People give merit to a character only if it is difficult for them to achieve their goals through hard work and effort(even if these problems are forced and meaningless so that everything is unfair to him as does the hero of -bullying- shield), forgetting other equally important values, such as the decision to make decisions, and not all stories should be about the same self-improvement.
Feb 12, 2019 8:25 AM

May 2015
Ah, this anime is pure joy.
I like how the bigger plot is moving bit by bit but don't dwell too much on particular arcs or fights.
Feb 12, 2019 9:15 AM

Feb 2017
Briandias said:

Thanks to the author deliberately gives everyone 🖕middle fingers🖕 for thinking that tension is the number one driving force of any Writting , Everybody loses their minds . Holy crap... it makes perfect sense !😂🔫
Feb 12, 2019 9:19 AM
Oct 2017
Fede_5000 said:

then the episode composer must forcefully give a "final" that is not final because the story continues, but he has to do it because that is what should be done according to you? as I try to do Re: zero even though I do not finish anything, nor the mystery of how Subaru came to that world or the reason of his powers, simply to stay with his waifu because that's what the anime was about, couples? PFFFF

yeah, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. you mentioned dragon ball, so you know what an arc is. i would assume you understand how an arc is structured, but since you've utterly failed in proving you know anything thus far, let me explain it to you. arc's are structured like a normal story, with a beginning, a rising action, a climax, and a denouement. yes, they are part of a overarching narrative, but necessity dictates the arc must they have this structure lest the overarching narrative loses all semblance of structure.

as per re:zero, you clearly missed the point of the show. the emphasis of the entirety of the adaptation thus far has been a character study on subaru as an arrogant, self-centered individual that grows into a legitimate hero figure. the white whale is a great setpiece because it's the culmination of subaru's evolution as a human. all the world building and underlying narrative threads are just icing. they don't actually matter. your reading of the show is pretty embarrassing, and if i were you i would refrain from ever trying to do something like that again. it just shows you're talking out your ass. did you pass literature class in high school?

when an anime is adapted from another source material, the writer doing the series composition plans the show to have the same general narrative structure. this is basic logic, why would you adapt a show and not have a climax for that season? what would even be the point of watching it? if it didn't follow a structure, then it wouldn't go anywhere, and if you're claiming this show doesn't contain a climax, then you're arguing this show is objectively bad, which i'm not particularly opposed to. now that i've explained this to you, don't ever post again. any meager respect you might have managed to keep is now relinquished due to your display of sheer ignorance.
bitchassdariusFeb 12, 2019 9:32 AM
Feb 12, 2019 9:24 AM
Oct 2017
Briandias said:

you're acting as if you know what exactly went through the writer's head when they wrote it, i.e. you're making an argument in bad faith based on your dubious perception of the writing. i'm not doing that, i've laid out the basic facts of how the story thus far has actually been written. if indeed the charbydis fight wasn't meant to act as the climax, then the story wasn't written well because it functionally is the show's climax, meaning it's thematically inconsistent with the rest of the show, which is grounds for shitting on the show's writing.
of course, it's always some schmuck with less than 20 anime watched that thinks they know what they're talking about but ends up blathering irrelevant nonsense. i never once argued that tensura is about tension, but you can set up as many strawmen as you want. my argument still stands, the charybdis fight is trash.
bitchassdariusFeb 12, 2019 9:27 AM
Feb 12, 2019 9:26 AM

Jul 2014
The cgi was a bit crappy
Feb 12, 2019 9:47 AM

Feb 2017
bitchassdarius said:
Fede_5000 said:

yeah, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. you mentioned dragon ball, so you know what an arc is. i would assume you understand how an arc is structured, but since you've utterly failed in proving you know anything thus far, let me explain it to you. arc's are structured like a normal story, with a beginning, a rising action, a climax, and a denouement. yes, they are part of a overarching narrative, but necessity dictates the arc must they have this structure lest the overarching narrative loses all semblance of structure.
when an anime is adapted from another source material, the writer doing the series composition plans the show to have the same general narrative structure. this is basic logic, why would you adapt a show and not have a climax for that season? what would even be the point of watching it? if it didn't follow a structure, then it wouldn't go anywhere, and if you're claiming this show doesn't contain a climax, then you're arguing this show is objectively bad, which i'm not particularly opposed to. now that i've explained this to you, don't ever post again. any meager respect you might have managed to keep is now relinquished due to your display of sheer ignorance.

an Arc is what ? Ummm , what did you just say ?
Im perplexed of how Smartypants you are Yet you're completely failed to see the forest for the trees . Im wondering , Have you heard this thing called Iyashikei (癒し系) anime/manga/etc ?
Feb 12, 2019 9:53 AM
Dec 2018
bitchassdarius said:
nina444 said:

Lol
Im surprised of the fact you keep replying regardless of how "you're so called baby" my responses are Lol
It speaks a lot for your character Pftt

jaw201 said:

This isn't even close to the climax to the story. Its laughable that you think that we are anywhere close to the end. I would disagree with the comment that the story revolves around only Rimuru. I would say that it revolves around Rimuru and the country of Tempest. We still have yet to get to the true threat Rimuru has to face in this world.

More ad hominems, great. Then I will say what I said before again until you interact with my argument without insulting me or attempting to attack my character. Charybdis isn't the climax of the anime, which actually only has FOUR episodes left because the last two are side stories which aren't related to the main story. The anime season is going to end on the start of the climax. Where Rimuru gets I'm not even going to attack your character over the fact that you don't use proper grammar in your posts.
Feb 12, 2019 10:08 AM
Mar 2018
bitchassdarius said:
Briandias said:

you're acting as if you know what exactly went through the writer's head when they wrote it, i.e. you're making an argument in bad faith based on your dubious perception of the writing. i'm not doing that, i've laid out the basic facts of how the story thus far has actually been written. if indeed the charbydis fight wasn't meant to act as the climax, then the story wasn't written well because it functionally is the show's climax, meaning it's thematically inconsistent with the rest of the show, which is grounds for shitting on the show's writing.
of course, it's always some schmuck with less than 20 anime watched that thinks they know what they're talking about but ends up blathering irrelevant nonsense. i never once argued that tensura is about tension, but you can set up as many strawmen as you want. my argument still stands, the charybdis fight is trash.

Actually I'm quite a casual myself, It's not like I'm a god of writting or something afterall. You can feel free too critic my opinion thats how we human advance as an intellectual being after all.

Although I already stop watching like 20 anime-ish per season It's really tiring both my body and soul, I just stick with 2 or 3 that attracts my eye

I mean I watch Tate every friday, after all thats one show I will never watch at monday I could tell you that
Feb 12, 2019 10:12 AM
Dec 2018
Atavistic said:
No surprise that the CGI on the sharks that Charybdis summoned was absolute garbage, but it was surprising to see just how bad the animation of Rimuru's flight was: it looked ridiculously jagged and totally unnatural, which is a big disappointment. Also, even before Milim got involved there was absolutely no sense of tension whatsoever, so this was pretty much completely redundant as usual.

Also, the fact that Milim did end up one-shotting it just proves my point from last week about how shit and lazy the writing is, as it proves that her help was only refused to drag this arc out a little bit more (cos it would be even more unsubstantial than it already is if they didn't).

This whole show just feels more and more aimless every week. And holy crap, reading through this thread shows that some people will not accept any criticism of this show at all, so I can't wait to get quoted eight or whatever times again to say that my opinion is shit or what have you.

Well I mean isn't the whole reason that Rimuru refused Millim's help in part because he didn't want to draw the ire of the other demon lords? I mean the political reason is well explained, its not necessarily to draw the arc out, but I also wasn't expecting the Charybdis fight to last the whole episode either. I would argue that there is no reason for this fight to have tension in the first place. Why would a fight that is only being used to display just where Tempest is on the power structure pecking order require tension? I feel like expecting this fight to have tension was a mistake to begin with. I should repeat what the rest of most of the posts are saying, a show doesn't need to have constant tension to be good. The fact that there is no real tension, yet, doesn't mean the show is bad. Remember, Rimuru hasn't even been the main driver of the plot yet, everything that has happened has happened due to the actions other people have taken, but nothing that stems from Rimuru himself yet. Once Rimuru becomes the driver of the plot, then you can expect actual tension for fights. Because then Rimuru will actually have a personal stake in the fights, which will make them more meaningful in the process. And It also means that we haven't seen an actual threat or that maybe this is build up for a greater threat. I hope you at least keep this in mind as we cruise closer to episode 23.
bitchassdarius said:
Fede_5000 said:

as per re:zero, you clearly missed the point of the show. the emphasis of the entirety of the adaptation thus far has been a character study on subaru as an arrogant, self-centered individual that grows into a legitimate hero figure. the white whale is a great setpiece because it's the culmination of subaru's evolution as a human. all the world building and underlying narrative threads are just icing. they don't actually matter. your reading of the show is pretty embarrassing, and if i were you i would refrain from ever trying to do something like that again. it just shows you're talking out your ass. did you pass literature class in high school?

Here's the issue, Volumes 1-3 have no real climax, as they are all apart of the setup/prologue portion of the story as a whole. In fact, the Charybdis was added as a way to fix some of the pacing from the Web Novel. Our Cliffhanger will be the start of the Climax. If you were to break the series into parts, volumes 1-3 are the exposition and world building sections, while volume 4/5/6 of the light novel are the climax of the first part/arc of the story.
jaw201Feb 12, 2019 10:15 AM
Feb 12, 2019 10:24 AM
Mar 2018
bitchassdarius said:
Briandias said:

Also I'm pretty sure I'm not reffering to you spesificly when I talk about the whole tension and stuff, rather it's more like the general things that the thread discuss so theres no need to get overly emotional, It's not the best for your health after all.

Also let me added something's a bit ok, I believe that there are a lot of amazing thing you can do with writting

Tension,drama,emotional breakdown,tight plot progression, characterization, world/city/nation building, adventure, etc

What I'm saying is that just because one thing of so many factor didn't exist within a show doesn't mean that the show is bad.

I have a lot to say about the episode of slime recently too don't get me wrong, I consider the pacing recently is awfull, way too fast this is a show that sell it's series on the fun/adventure/building aspect after all not the battle so cutting most of those off is seriously bad as an adaptation you might say

But that's really about it, tension??? Couldn't care less, if it exist than ok if it's not than so what

Of course to show like fmab, code geass, death note than yeah I want some stake some tension, without it, it will be very boring after all, but I didn't come to show like konosuba and expect drama right??? Well it's just like that

Again I'm not a god of writting, nor someone who consider my self an elitist that know everything, I'm just not oblivious for better or worse
Feb 12, 2019 10:34 AM
Oct 2017
jaw201 said:

More ad hominems, great. Then I will say what I said before again until you interact with my argument without insulting me or attempting to attack my character. Charybdis isn't the climax of the anime, which actually only has FOUR episodes left because the last two are side stories which aren't related to the main story. The anime season is going to end on the start of the climax. Where Rimuru gets I'm not even going to attack your character over the fact that you don't use proper grammar in your posts.

learn what an ad hominem actually is before you try to use that word. an insult isn't an ad hominem. stop embarrassing yourself.
a climax isn't the end of a story, it's an event necessary for the falling action to commence. if you think this season will end without a climax, then you're agreeing that this show is written terribly. stop posting, you're further discrediting yourself. take that as a suggestion, not as your woefully uninformed perception of what an "ad hominem" is.
Feb 12, 2019 10:45 AM
Oct 2017
nina444 said:
bitchassdarius said:

Im perplexed of how Smartypants you are Yet you're completely failed to see the forest for the trees . Im wondering , Have you heard this thing called Iyashikei (癒し系) anime/manga/etc ?

apparently you don't even know what an iyashikei is, but i'm not surprised that you use words you don't know. tensura isn't an iyashikei, and iyashikei isn't even relevant. fans of this franchise would laugh at you for calling this an iyashikei.

jaw201 said:

Here's the issue, Volumes 1-3 have no real climax, as they are all apart of the setup/prologue portion of the story as a whole. In fact, the Charybdis was added as a way to fix some of the pacing from the Web Novel. Our Cliffhanger will be the start of the Climax. If you were to break the series into parts, volumes 1-3 are the exposition and world building sections, while volume 4/5/6 of the light novel are the climax of the first part/arc of the story.

here's the issue, i'm talking about the anime, not the source material. so this is more irrelevant information.

Briandias said:

Also I'm pretty sure I'm not reffering to you spesificly when I talk about the whole tension and stuff, rather it's more like the general things that the thread discuss so theres no need to get overly emotional, It's not the best for your health after all.

Also let me added something's a bit ok, I believe that there are a lot of amazing thing you can do with writting

Tension,drama,emotional breakdown,tight plot progression, characterization, world/city/nation building, adventure, etc

What I'm saying is that just because one thing of so many factor didn't exist within a show doesn't mean that the show is bad.

I have a lot to say about the episode of slime recently too don't get me wrong, I consider the pacing recently is awfull, way too fast this is a show that sell it's series on the fun/adventure/building aspect after all not the battle so cutting most of those off is seriously bad as an adaptation you might say

But that's really about it, tension??? Couldn't care less, if it exist than ok if it's not than so what

Of course to show like fmab, code geass, death note than yeah I want some stake some tension, without it, it will be very boring after all, but I didn't come to show like konosuba and expect drama right??? Well it's just like that

Again I'm not a god of writting, nor someone who consider my self an elitist that know everything, I'm just not oblivious for better or worse

your "revelation" about tension isn't particularly new or insightful. you seem to be insinuating that tensura is a, as anime fans love abusing this term, "deconstruction," but this is ignoring the fact that tensura is a very typical isekai affair. when other ips like overlord and death march exist, you can't really claim tensura is offering anything new other than the facile novelty of having a slime protagonist. i would never complain that overlord lacks tension or that the battles don't matter because the show actually, for better or worse, places the empathetic focus of its battles on the weaker human forces. tensura doesn't know how to position the story to make its conflicts meaningful, it's not that it lacks tension but more so there is no substantive replacement for it.

Dec 2018
jaw201 said:

learn what an ad hominem actually is before you try to use that word. an insult isn't an ad hominem. stop embarrassing yourself.
a climax isn't the end of a story, it's an event necessary for the falling action to commence. if you think this season will end without a climax, then you're agreeing that this show is written terribly. stop posting, you're further discrediting yourself. take that as a suggestion, not as your woefully uninformed perception of what an "ad hominem" is.

the day release a certain isekai you will see how you and many critics go mad for nothing.
Dec 2018
bitchassdarius said:
jaw201 said:

>Continues attacking me instead of my argument
>says that isn't ad Hominem
Okay. Whatever you say. I'm saying that there won't be a Climax since there needs to be a second season before you can get to the actual climax of the story because, they are restricted from actually getting there by the manga publisher and the production committee. I would say that our Climax was the Orc Lord fight, and everything else has been the falling action for all of volume 3, volume 4 is the start of another rising action section into a Climax
Feb 12, 2019 10:49 AM
Dec 2018
bitchassdarius said:
nina444 said:

apparently you don't even know what an iyashikei is, but i'm not surprised that you use words you don't know. tensura isn't an iyashikei, and itashikei isn't even relevant. fans of this franchise would laugh at you for calling this an iyashikei.

jaw201 said:

here's the issue, i'm talking about the anime, not the source material. so this is more irrelevant information.

Briandias said:

your "revelation" about tension isn't particularly new or insightful. you seem to be insinuating that tensura is a, as anime fans love abusing this term, "deconstruction," but this is ignoring the fact that tensura is a very typical isekai affair. when other ips like overlord and death march exist, you can't really claim tensura is offering anything new other than the facile novelty of having a slime protagonist. i would never complain that overlord lacks tension or that the battles don't matter because the show actually, for better or worse, places the empathetic focus of its battles on the weaker human forces. tensura doesn't know how to position the story to make its conflicts meaningful, it's not that it lacks tension but more so there is no substantive replacement for it.

Its not irrelevant when you continue to say the writing is bad when there was no climax in volume three to begin with, so your point about Charybdis being the climax is wrong.
Feb 12, 2019 10:53 AM
Mar 2017
Those hollywood movie grade sound effect are just pure badass,i don't really care for these stupid long ass comments from peoples which sometimes irritating me and annoy me as well. think that was all i had to explained.
Feb 12, 2019 10:53 AM
Oct 2017
jaw201 said:
bitchassdarius said:

>Continues attacking me instead of my argument
>says that isn't ad Hominem
Okay. Whatever you say. I'm saying that there won't be a Climax since there needs to be a second season before you can get to the actual climax of the story because, they are restricted from actually getting there by the manga publisher and the production committee. I would say that our Climax was the Orc Lord fight, and everything else has been the falling action for all of volume 3, volume 4 is the start of another rising action section into a Climax

well, you're just proving you can't read. i've actually been attacking your poorly structured argument, but your selective reading skills refuse to acknowledge this. me calling you an illiterate jester is a conclusion of my horrid interactions with you, not the substance of my rebuttal. did you not realize this, or do i have to spell every detail out for you? how do you expect me to take you seriously when you have trouble comprehending what an ad hominem actually is?

you could say that the climax was the orc lord fight, but what's your proof? because you feel like it? that's a terrible argument. i've previously already laid out the groundwork for why charybdis would constitute a climax, the onus is on you to actually confront this proposition. but since i know you're too lazy to go back and understand what i'm saying, let me repeat for the n-th time:
1) preparing for battle with charybdis required rimuru to pool in all of his resources thus far: the dwarf kingdom alliance, the human kingdom alliance, the ogres, the lizardmen, the orcs, and milim.
2) rimuru had no change against charybdis, making the battle actually difficult
3) charybdis as a setpiece involved a full scale battle against what was judged to be a potential calamity
Feb 12, 2019 10:57 AM
Mar 2018
bitchassdarius said:
nina444 said:

apparently you don't even know what an iyashikei is, but i'm not surprised that you use words you don't know. tensura isn't an iyashikei, and iyashikei isn't even relevant. fans of this franchise would laugh at you for calling this an iyashikei.

jaw201 said:

Briandias said:

Thats a pretty solid argument actually not gonna complain about that I guess
Feb 12, 2019 10:57 AM
Oct 2017
jaw201 said:
bitchassdarius said:

apparently you don't even know what an iyashikei is, but i'm not surprised that you use words you don't know. tensura isn't an iyashikei, and itashikei isn't even relevant. fans of this franchise would laugh at you for calling this an iyashikei.

Its not irrelevant when you continue to say the writing is bad when there was no climax in volume three to begin with, so your point about Charybdis being the climax is wrong.

how many times do i have to tell you? the anime adaptation is a separate entity from the source material. how the novels are structured doesn't matter, because the anime series is composed completely separately from the novels. this season has 25 episodes, how many episodes do the novels have? don't answer this question, it's rhetorical. the novels don't have any episodes because it's a fucking completely different medium. until you show comprehension of this fact, i'm not bothering to reply to your inane bullshit anymore.
Feb 12, 2019 10:58 AM
Mar 2018
Graymanes said:
Those hollywood movie grade sound effect are just pure badass,i don't really care for these stupid long ass comments from peoples which sometimes irritating me and annoy me as well. think that was all i had to explained.

You'll get used to it

(Insert random meme)
Feb 12, 2019 12:05 PM

Mar 2017
I really like this anime but i do wish things weren't so easy for the characters... everything just seems to go a little too smoothly so there's not much conflict.

The sound effects for this series are amazing, especially Milim's Drago Buster
Feb 12, 2019 12:44 PM

Mar 2014
As much as I love action in this episode I have to say I do not like how fast it all went. Okay they have a new threat called Charybdis which supposedly as powerful as a Demon Lord. So almost everyone fought their hardest and it took almost their everything to damage it. In the end it was Milim who took it down although I think Rimuru can actually do it himself. So the new threat it's really nothing, I mean why do they even bother themselves with something that is less powerful than you.....

It starting to feel like any fights or battle or whatever becomes more and more pointless. If they are already too powerful why do fight or try to make peace by befriending almost everyone

This show is still pretty good but it feels like they wanna make something a joke or less serious
Feb 12, 2019 12:47 PM
Oct 2017
thesarcasticguy said:
Well that ended quicker than I thought it would

Rimuru also made a new demon Lord friend

yeah I guess it ended a bit earlier than I expected it to be. :'(
The second half of the the show is not as good as the first four of the show imo.
Feb 12, 2019 1:18 PM
Dec 2018
bitchassdarius said:
jaw201 said:

how many times do i have to tell you? the anime adaptation is a separate entity from the source material. how the novels are structured doesn't matter, because the anime series is composed completely separately from the novels. this season has 25 episodes, how many episodes do the novels have? don't answer this question, it's rhetorical. the novels don't have any episodes because it's a fucking completely different medium. until you show comprehension of this fact, i'm not bothering to reply to your inane bullshit anymore.

Yes but what you don't understand is that the source material that they are using forces them to not end this in the "standard story structure" that you are describing. They are prevented from going into an actually satisfying climax, because of the manga not being there. I'm also saying this because Fuse, the author of the series in all forms, is also on staff to help write the script for the last half of the show, such that the anime can only reach the point where the manga is currently. You also claim what makes me think that the Orc lord was the climax, and my evidence again is the source material, volume 3 is build up for later volumes, where as volume 1 and 2 had a proper climax. It doesn't matter if they are different mediums, you are comparing story structure, which is universal. so the point about mediums is irrelevant. Again you are still attacking me as a person as well. How about you stop being so adversarial, and maybe think a little bit more about what you say. If you have been paying attention, the fact that they are ending on a cliffhanger implicitly suggests they are planning for a second season.
jaw201Feb 12, 2019 1:22 PM
Feb 12, 2019 1:24 PM

Nov 2012
Still waiting for that gotcha moment... or when SHTF. 19 episodes later and still nothing. CGI and even the hand drawn moments of this fights was cringe. This anime is pretty bad.
Feb 12, 2019 1:39 PM

Apr 2015
MattUzumaki said:
Such a bs fight...
They said that Charybdis was as strong as a Demon Lord (or at least very close to one), but he just got one shotted. Ooooookay duuude...

And? Orc Lord was a newborn 'demon lord' and got beat by a slime who wasn't quite demon lord level yet. It was already clearly mentioned by millim there are weaker and stronger demon lords, with millin being one of the strongest. Being demon lord level just means you're a bit tough at the end of the day.

It'll get explained later just what it means/takes to be a proper strong demon lord like millim, though not sure if the anime will reach that yet. I really hope it does.
Feb 12, 2019 4:11 PM

Jan 2012
Millim is best girl.

She's too cute...

I want her...
Feb 13, 2019 1:22 AM

Dec 2013
Millim is even more op than I expected...
Feb 13, 2019 3:06 AM
Jan 2018
kater_tot said:
I really like this anime but i do wish things weren't so easy for the characters... everything just seems to go a little too smoothly so there's not much conflict.

Why would there be conflict if the battle and fights arent the main theme of series they have hardly solved any plot points that effect anything on a grander scale they a pretty much brushed aside the next episode back to slice of life
Feb 13, 2019 4:06 AM
Jul 2017
Am I the only one who hates the sound effects in this show?
Feb 13, 2019 4:52 AM

Feb 2017
Mattinator95 said:
kater_tot said:

Why would there be conflict if the battle and fights arent the main theme of series they have hardly solved any plot points that effect anything on a grander scale they a pretty much brushed aside the next episode back to slice of life

I also keep tryin to point it out that tensura is slice of life based series , hence the main plot of tensura is arguably about how rimuru and the gang /tempest enjoying delights in life/Iyashikei .

I won't say tensura is only about Iyashikei stuff but it's definitely the main theme here , that time when a slime building a nation from scratch with his friends , almost the whole story is about rimuru and the gang enjoying every little thing , interacting with the world and vice verse .

ppl however , they somehow always fail to see the obvious... they tend to mistake "finding leon is the main plot of tensura in general"
and I bet most ppl will say
"it's episode 18 and rimuru is now(?) going after demon lord leon? why now ?"
"what just happened? it's already episode 19 yet there's no sign of plot progression huh? " or smthn like that .
well
the answers are pretty simple actually .
simply put rimuru completely forgot about shizu mumbo jumbo ,
he actually doesn't really care about his promises at all to begin with .
rimuru is a lazy dude who's always dumping his responsibilities upon others
but
due to the fact shizu ghost👻 has been bugging him for weeks , he was like
"argh.. ok ok whatever , Im gonna fulfill my promise then (what a pain in the ass)😪"

I wonder why anime & manga chose to hide rimuru nasty personality , as result ppl felt there's smthn off in his character and tensura story/plot in general .
In the light novel rimuru is in fact doesn't have goody goody nature , he always looks tender on the surface but everythn is just a facade .
rimuru is the kind of person who would kill traitors without second thought , after he recruited/named monsters he said "if they betray me , Im gonna just kill every last one of em"

isn't it ironic?

no wonder in episode 15 iirc rimuru was like , "benimaru is such a gracious guy (for sparing the orc disaster son life) , I need to learn from him..."

that being said ,
as the story progresses rimuru is starting to get emotionally invested on everybody around him for real .
Lab_Rat_0978Feb 13, 2019 7:48 AM
Feb 13, 2019 7:56 AM

Mar 2017
Mattinator95 said:
kater_tot said:

I get that the show is slice of life but it would be cool if there was a bit more tension. Like, it was set up that humans and monsters hated each other yet the humans have so willingly accepted this nation of monsters that just appeared out of nowhere and also has the power to take down a demon lord without any back up... that would not be as smooth as the show has made out. Like i don't want death and blood shed but it would be cool if there was a little more conflict
Feb 13, 2019 7:59 AM
Dec 2015
Rimuru<charybdis<milim<carrion
In my perspective in episode 19
Feb 13, 2019 8:05 AM
Jan 2018
kater_tot said:
Mattinator95 said:

I get that the show is slice of life but it would be cool if there was a bit more tension. Like, it was set up that humans and monsters hated each other yet the humans have so willingly accepted this nation of monsters that just appeared out of nowhere and also has the power to take down a demon lord without any back up... that would not be as smooth as the show has made out. Like i don't want death and blood shed but it would be cool if there was a little more conflict

Depends on who needs to feel the tension the characters seem to have tension during the fight. But people kept to feel it too when they already know the characters are either op or cable so what would be the point of making tension for the viewer
Feb 13, 2019 8:06 AM
Jan 2018
The Animation and CGI where fine at least it wasn't like overlord
Feb 13, 2019 8:49 AM

Mar 2017
Mattinator95 said:
kater_tot said:

Depends on who needs to feel the tension the characters seem to have tension during the fight. But people kept to feel it too when they already know the characters are either op or cable so what would be the point of making tension for the viewer

I don't get what you mean?
Feb 13, 2019 10:32 AM

Feb 2014
Seems more like One Punch Maou series the longer the story progress - but I forgive it coz Milim's cuteness is so OverLoaded
Feb 13, 2019 10:37 AM

Nov 2009
Milim doing the puppy eyes was so cute.

I really want a Milim plushy with puppy eyes now...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» rimuru is the bad guy

Rukasumi - Apr 11

2 by felixsifuri »»
Apr 12, 11:53 AM

» Help my fellow weebs

Lonely_kun - Apr 5

27 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 7, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

287 by iggggi »»
Apr 7, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2019

202 by BlueQuartzFibre »»
Apr 3, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2019

275 by Magicmist »»
Apr 3, 6:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.