Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2019 6:47 AM

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I can't say I don't understand Saga's wish to become one with Aioria. lol

I mean, it was hard to see Aioria being beat like that, and I don't really like the idea of him needing Miro's help to beat Saga, but at least he is fine as there was no doubt.

The Saintias are all going to face Eris too, and the imagery of Kyouko holding Athena's head was effective. It's also nice how she grows stronger the more they fight, it's like there's no way out, but I'm having a hard time getting excited about all this.
Feb 11, 2019 6:54 AM

Feb 2013
That random bike rescue was cool.
Feb 11, 2019 11:20 AM

Aug 2018
How the hell does Eris intend to attack the Sanctuary if his warriors are made of flowers?

The bike scene was ridiculous.
Feb 11, 2019 12:05 PM
Jan 2017
"I can't say I don't understand Saga's wish to become one with Aioria. lol "

I believe he was just referring to: Make Aioria die and become a Ghost Saint just like Evil Saga is and under Eris's command.
Feb 11, 2019 1:02 PM

Dec 2015
What a pitiful rendition of the Galaxian Explosion. Makes you miss Yamauchi/Araki's attacks/impact style.
About the lack of impacts... it really makes Shôko's Ryûseiken look like a simple hallucination. Just look at Rigel after the assault...

3/5 I wonder why I'm still here. Oh, right, because I missed the occasion to read the books at the bookstore.

PS: this is even more raging, right after coming back to my house only to learn that almost half of my Kanzenban SSeiya had disappeared...
Feb 12, 2019 2:42 PM

Jun 2016
I wonder if Mayura got Marin to train Erda and Katya some more in secret for this. And I wonder how Xiao and Mii got separated. Fun episode. I must say, the fights all lack the impact of Saint Seiya's. The original had each blow feel so impactful, each fight had so much foundation in the ideas being tossed around or the characterization of the boys fighting. Here it feels like it's two characters prancing around without much going on before powering up and one shotting the opponent(or two shotting for Shoko). Perhaps a big part of that is due to to the lacking animation and lack of dirt/blood, but I think it is also the pacing and the lack of intensive reasoning behind the fights and the characters strengths. It feels it is just touched on in Sho. That makes me sad because I was excited for the full on fights once we got into this battle!

The one moment I really felt the original Saint Seiya was when Aioria was being choked and told Saga not to get cocky. That kind of near death situation where the character is that cool regardless of consequences due to faith in their beliefs is like.. what I live for. I really liked that Aioria vs Saga scene and I was very happy that Miro caught up to them. That showdown should be great..

It was nice to see Mu and Aldebaran and Shaka communicating too. :)

Seeing Katya and Erda finally make a real appearance outside of the brief ones they had before this was fun. I hadn't realized the girls must have thought Erda was nuked at the academy so Xiao's relief that she was okay was awesome. The motorcycle jump was hilarious. And Mii and Katya are both so serious they seem to fit each other quite well!

Lastly, Eris is quite interesting. I wonder if she hates humans fighting for justice or something as she seems to make a mockery of the word justice, yet she lives off violence and war. I am curious for when her motives are revealed. For now we know three things:
1. She baited this war to gain power through the violence going on. It's a rock and a hard place because if they don't Saori will die.
2. She is charging Eden into Sanctuary to cause massive destruction, possibly taking out all the remaining saints and therefore no one will be around to protect the world and it will devolve into a nightmare.
3. Kyoko has been said to have chosen her role as Eris by Eris herself and Rigel, and I have to believe Rigel truly thinks so. That should be interesting..

It seems she created an illusion of Saori's head so that Shoko would fight at her fullest and ignite her cosmos allowing Eris to become complete.

Edit: OH! It just hit me, I bet the ghosts are 100% a trick to keep them defending the Sanctuary and get blown up. Everyone is there!
gfsdfgsdgsdfgsFeb 12, 2019 2:45 PM
Feb 13, 2019 8:48 AM

Oct 2013
Hmm, episode 9 was definitely better than the previous one, though without exaggeration, of course.

About exaggerations, I was worried after seeing some of attacks performed by Gold Saints. Great Horn looked like a mere energy beam; Galaxian Explosion looked weak and not strong at all, as if

I could understand Great Horn's low power because of weak enemies facing Taurus (but it woold not be an excuse anyway, because Great Horn is Great Horn, not another energy-based basic attack, but a exclusive technique belonging to one, particular Gold Saint), but Galaxian Explosion without those impacts and a feeling as if Saga attacks from different place, looked simply bad.

Elda's bike was beautiful, rescuing Xiaoling looked funny. This scene, along with the moment when Rigel appeared, was way better in the manga. It's a shame that Elda's introduction and herherbackstory backstory were so poorly adapted.
Btw. no idea why the creators modified this scene of rescuing a Saintia, compared to its version from the manga.

Rei366 said:

PS: this is even more raging, right after coming back to my house only to learn that almost half of my Kanzenban SSeiya had disappeared...

Damn, it sounds horrible. I hope that everything will have a happy ending and you will get back your Saint Seiya Kanzenban.
AdnashFeb 15, 2019 3:20 PM
Feb 20, 2019 10:40 AM

Jul 2009
Out from nowhere all the saintias showed up...
Oct 5, 2020 9:08 AM

Aug 2017
Lmao they introduced the last main female character again with only 2 episodes left. What the hell with those random rescues?

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.

More topics from this board

» Can you watch this with no prior Saint Seiya experience or knowledge?

Lloydy33 - Jan 14, 2021

4 by Vector5003 »»
Jul 2, 2022 10:22 PM

» Watch or drop

literally_boba - Jun 25, 2021

4 by Saint-Sheepy »»
Oct 21, 2021 9:23 PM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Saintia Shou Episode 10 Discussion

Illyricus - Feb 18, 2019

23 by Nurguburu »»
Oct 5, 2020 10:48 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Saintia Shou Episode 8 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Feb 4, 2019

9 by Nurguburu »»
Oct 5, 2020 7:44 AM

Poll: » Saint Seiya: Saintia Shou Episode 7 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Jan 28, 2019

16 by Nurguburu »»
Oct 4, 2020 11:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.