Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Dororo Episode 6 Discussion

Feb 11, 5:57 PM
Yeah, right...

2 episodes ago I even thought she's gonna be the leading lady.

Then shit happened...

Feb 11, 6:02 PM

@HowTragic
@ananizkim

Please, behave yourselves, I'm not a moderator but you both went too far over something so trivial. You aren't 10 year old to act like that aren't you?
Don't forget to say Good Bye with a Smile!

Feb 11, 6:19 PM

Kinda depressing, but however the risk of doing that job is too high.
Hope Hyakkimaru and Dororo keep moving on from those terrible moments.
Life is strange

Feb 11, 6:34 PM

Amazing episode. Really didn't expect the heart-wrenching ending at all. It was great seeing Hyakkimaru wreak vengeance upon the samurai, but man is it horrible what happened to Mio and the kids. Brutal, sad, beautiful, intriguing. This is the best new anime of the season, by far.

Feb 11, 6:37 PM

damn hyakkimaru should slaughter that fat dude instantly because he was the leader of the team. you shouldnt have your enemy's lead survive in war.

Feb 11, 7:38 PM

Damn.... this was a very upsetting episode. Honestly, I'm glad Hyakkimaru's leg grew back... I was so pissed he lost it right after he got it back lol.

Can't wait for next week.

Feb 11, 8:02 PM

mio and the kids...tbh i didnt expect the show to get even darker wow

really good episode

Feb 11, 8:06 PM

The plot and story of this anime is on point... 10/10

Feb 11, 8:09 PM

Wojtini21 said:

This episode was perfection. I hope it's not peak of that series.

Yamete!!!!!! Hyakkimaru!!!!!!!!*cry*😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Feb 11, 8:09 PM

The one that escaped will surely cause them trouble latter.
At least rampage scene was fun.

Feb 11, 8:13 PM

Oh no! Everyone was killed! :-( I was hoping Mio would survive and have a good ending

Feb 11, 8:14 PM

_MushiRock11_ said:
Esquirtit said:
@_MushiRock11_ last episode hyakkimaru gained his voice back by defeating the demon but I think it survived because it bit his leg off, this time he killed him and got his leg back. so the demon had his voice at first but traded it with hyakkimarus leg

Oh, that’s an interesting way to look at things.
But I don’t think it’d explain why he was able to retain both of these features after defeating the demon, right?
Much like when the demons originally stole all his body parts.. this particular demon technically “stole” his leg, therefore I believe by defeating this demon he was able to regain his leg. I also believe that he always had his voice but never used it or something like that (could be completely wrong don’t @me)

Feb 11, 8:53 PM

Wasn't the temple in Home territory? How did the Sakai's infiltrate into it like that? Were the Home guards sleeping?

Feb 11, 9:06 PM
Why Mio have to be raped and die that fast???
I thought she gonna be a main heroine and join the group to regain hyakkimaru body part's...
Is the old version also killed Mio?

Feb 11, 9:13 PM

So it happened... RIP Mip and her kids (I know they weren't hers, but she was taking care of them).
No tomo malas decisiones, me gusta apoyar causas perdidas. | Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live y Mirai Nikki. Así de jodido está mi gusto en anime, y estoy bien pinche orgulloso de ello.

Feb 11, 9:17 PM

So sad to see Mio and the kids murdered. :/ But at least Hyakkimaru was able to get his leg back. :O

Feb 11, 9:26 PM

Damm this episode was awesome! when I heard mio talking so calm that she was not ashamed to do the shit she does to survive I get so pissed, I felt so much desire to be there and massacre the children in front of her and blame her for it before killing her... and for my surprise someone really did it rofl, never felt so pleased with an anime.

Feb 11, 9:39 PM

RIP Mio you will be missed

Feb 11, 9:54 PM
Oh man this was bound to happen, but the execution of the sequence of events made it hit harder. :(
『あなたの生きがいは何ですか?』

Feb 11, 10:03 PM

Was expecting the orphanage's fate (as this happened in the manga) but it was very well executed maybe even better than how the manga did it.

Another amazing episode!
"When you meet your God, tell him to leave me alone." - Guts

Feb 11, 10:11 PM
Poor girl She and her song will always be remembered

Feb 11, 10:28 PM
Things went 1-100 real fast, that ending was depressing, Hyakkimaru's first proper word being "Mio" was heart breaking, I'm glad he brutally killed those samurai's, pissed the last one got away, but if he had to survive for plot. :/

Feb 11, 10:40 PM

This episode just raised my expectations about this series..I didn't thought it will be this good.

Dororo 2019 is basically a mixt between Samurai Champloo and Berserck....and now I know where Sword of the Stranger was inspired from !!

Feb 11, 10:50 PM
粉ミルク♡

besides that i can't stand sad episodes, Hyakkimaru badass on, was so cool.

Feb 11, 11:13 PM
I think that the demon took hyakkimaru's leg and gave back hyakkimaru's voice in exchange. and when the demon was finally slayed then he got his leg back from the demon. Rip mio and the orphans.

Feb 11, 11:20 PM
Gonna be honest, 1 tear was shed! Great episode!

Feb 11, 11:52 PM
TigersAndDragons said:
I am a big fan of the 'protagonist is done with your shit and goes on a rampage' moments, so I have to admit I laughed out loud when it happened, but god damn this was sad. The fact that they can both keep walking after that happened is a testament to both their strength.

Let's hope Monstermaru doesn't overcome Hyakkimaru in the end.

Lmao I thought I was the only one who got hype when Hya went straight berserk on those samurai. But in all seriousness, this anime low-key starting to depress me more and more as each episode passes by.

Feb 12, 12:09 AM
Amazing episode. +1 to my rating score

Feb 12, 12:09 AM
Master Expander

Hey! Mio gets paid for pleasure, not for pain! That is unless she gets paid extra for pain...

Aww, Tahomaru is a neglected child...

Singing saves lives and Singing connects people! Buy CDs! Praise Nana!

Lol how Dororo feeds Hyakkimaru. Just shove the food into his mouth!

Damn you King Records! Stop doing this to my Nana!

Hyakkimaru defeated the Antlion, but lost the one person who was able to charm him. And the first word he ever spoke was "Mio". I hope I hear Hyakkimaru recite her song later in the series. And as the priest said, don't let Hyakkimaru become a monster. I guess that's what Dororo's role is in the story.

I also noticed something about the kids showing Hyakkimaru the swords they found. We've always seen Hyakkimaru use his sword arms. I'm guessing that this scene foreshadows that Hyakkimaru will be getting his arms next...
Modified by Tarotist, Feb 12, 1:35 AM

Feb 12, 12:22 AM

fck this depressing shit.
i hate it but i loved it too.
goddamn

Feb 12, 12:34 AM
Wow this episode was so depressing. I knew this series was dark and deep, but not this dark and not this deep. Mio was a well written character, but it is sad to see her go, since she was the main person Hyakkimaru actually cherished, and the fact that his first word was Mio is just so strong. RIP Mio and the children.

Feb 12, 1:44 AM
It hit my feeling so bad... Poor Mio..

Feb 12, 1:55 AM

UglyBarnacle said:
This is one of the few grimdark anime where the bleakness feels completely natural and doesn't come across as juvenile shock value. Anime studios and authors should take note...
This series is still nothing compared to how 'dark' Goblin Slayer from last Fall was. *LMAO*
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, are also exceptionally skilled at killing. {×.×}

Feb 12, 2:07 AM

The ED by amazarashi has got me hooked since episode 1, but this episode makes it especially endearing. :(

CeddyyBearr said:
Poor Dororo, getting to know what happened to his mother is really saddening. She was a good woman, shame she had to go like that.w

Hyakkimaru being able to slay that demon was a job well done, he actually got his leg back that he lost. Call me surprised, as it had grown back by slaying previous demons, I honestly expected it to never grow back after he lost it again.

Fuck, what a rollercoaster of feels... :/

Rip Mio and the kids, they didn't deserve any of this. the moment Mio sings for the final time and Hyakkimaru going on a rampage. How he massacred those was so fucking satisfying.
Sadly, it's not the case with Hyakkimaru, since killing all those assholes wouldn't bring Mio back to life. So frustrating, but it's perhaps as far as we can get as audiences.

CeddyyBearr said:
The way Hyakkimaru is now experiencing emotions he never felt before, is really well done. The way he was holding Mio and called out her name as his first word was so emotional.
Too bad that he never gets to see her, his first love, with his proper eyesight. :((
As you said, what a rollercoaster of feels.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, are also exceptionally skilled at killing. {×.×}

Feb 12, 3:14 AM

Fuck me.

Right in the feels.

So brutal

Feb 12, 3:23 AM

i watched both Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana wo Kazarou and this episode today ... too much feels , enjoying this a lot so far .

Feb 12, 3:30 AM
Well..... that's a fucking bummer...

Feb 12, 3:56 AM

I knew as soon as Hyakkimaru rushed in early to fight the demon that it was going to cost him but I didn't think it would be Mio.
This show is beautifully sad.

Feb 12, 4:10 AM

not surprised at all, so much clue they give to us frop OP scene, PV, episode preview.
atleast give her some respect
F
◕‿◕)♡ Visit my modded list \(^▽^)/ Guide to rate anime ♡(◕‿◕

Feb 12, 5:02 AM

I suspected what the final outcome would be as soon as the samurai mentioned the possibility of spies, but I didn't expect that Hyakkimaru leaving to fight the demon again and get his leg back would be what caused their deaths.

Feb 12, 5:30 AM

This was, for me, the worst episode so far.

Went exactly as I thought it would, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
It was very inconsistent. How did Hyakkimaru get his voice back if he hadn't killed the demon yet? And how did his leg grow back?
The exposition at the end by the fat villain was also very offputting, but the biggest problem by far was the pacing. It was too rushed, there wasn't any time for us to take in all that happened. The fight with the demon got almost zero screentime. Maybe this should've been a 3 part arc.

Still, the episode wasn't bad by any means. I just think this show can do much better than that.
Modified by AnotherGuy, Feb 12, 5:34 AM

Feb 12, 5:54 AM
I've waited for an anime like this for a long time

Feb 12, 6:08 AM

I hate when assholes are spared "cuz killing is bad m'kay", but otherwise it was pretty good, specially the second half. The fight against the demon was great even if short and the stylized finisher looked awesome.
The fight against the samurai was pretty brutal, i liked the one who gets his face cut in half and then across and the last guy with the decapitation shown in the shadow.

Alas, poor Hyakkimaru, the road towards humanity is cruel and full of suffering, a shame his spirit vision can't detect death flags.

Feb 12, 6:56 AM

Looks up a few posts. What did I just read.

Anyway, MAL's been spoiling this girl's death since the 1st episode, so I knew it was coming. Extremely cruel what happened to the kids. Tezuka was brutal, huh?

Feb 12, 7:33 AM

Dororo is totally killing it! Even though it's Hyakkimaru doing all the killing. Last two episodes were so intense. And Hyakkimaru's berserk mode!

Feb 12, 7:35 AM
They're Daigo's solders.
NothinComplexPls said:
Wasn't the temple in Home territory? How did the Sakai's infiltrate into it like that? Were the Home guards sleeping?

Feb 12, 8:02 AM
I can't get Mio's song out of my head now...

Wow, I know what will happen next from spoiler but really... I think I will not love Mio, but this episode prove me I'm wrong... I starting to like her in this episode because she is not just cameo, she is a character that have a motive, she has a dream to having her own rice field, she imagine herself in her rice field, free... That just broke my heart, and even broke it again when see her dies with rice seed in her hand... Daaaammnn

I also hope somehow Hyakkimaru will feel a comfortable with Dororo like him with Mio tho
Modified by MOMOpatisierre, Feb 12, 8:20 AM

Feb 12, 8:08 AM

Damn, that's one hell of a episode. Best one so far.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours

Feb 12, 8:40 AM

I love this anime ... I loved how his first word was her name and the way she singed and i got very sad the way Dororo talked abouth his mother..this was another great episode just dont get into Hyakkimarus bad side
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 12, 8:50 AM
This was fucking brilliant. It made me cry seeing those kiddos being massacred and Mio singing her final song.

5/5

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »