Forum Settings
Forums

What's the Worst Anime You've Ever Watched?

New
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 10, 2019 5:02 PM
May 2016
My hero academia- every cliche superhero/shounen trope

Clannad- never made it past the first ep

Mob psycho 100- every cliche shounen trope

Gintama- fails as a parody series [doent know the diffence between refences and actual parody]

Attack on Titan- every cliche shounen trope
Feb 10, 2019 5:04 PM

Aug 2016
I haven't fully thought about this yet, but before today, I would have said Fighting Foodons as it has been ever since I rewatched as an adult. Today (not sure if it's going to be permanent), Musekinin Galaxy Tylor took a shit on the whole franchise and that particular entry is so awful that I want to say it's the worst one I've seen to date. It's a short though, so for what it's worth, the misery isn't as long and I'm not sure if it counts.
Feb 10, 2019 5:47 PM

Jul 2007
MechKingKillbot said:
I haven't fully thought about this yet, but before today, I would have said Fighting Foodons as it has been ever since I rewatched as an adult. Today (not sure if it's going to be permanent), Musekinin Galaxy Tylor took a shit on the whole franchise and that particular entry is so awful that I want to say it's the worst one I've seen to date. It's a short though, so for what it's worth, the misery isn't as long and I'm not sure if it counts.

How can you possibly dislike Fighting Foodons!? Blasphemy!!

☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Feb 10, 2019 6:00 PM

Aug 2016
Ergo Proxy.

Most boring anime I've ever watched. An incoherent mess that is covered up by "its up for interpretation". I'd rather watch the Cavs, Knicks or Magic play eachother then that garbage..
Feb 10, 2019 6:08 PM

Jan 2013
DaCraziGuy said:
EndlessMaria said:

Lol yeah most people in here are listing good anime.

Some of them are considered classics and were genre changing. It's like shitting in the entire industry, I really wonder if they like anime ahahah
I can agree with Devilman doing the changing but not Madoka and NGE.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Feb 10, 2019 6:13 PM

Nov 2011
Mayoiga. The only anime I leave a review.

Feb 10, 2019 6:15 PM

Jul 2015
Anybody who's watched Master of Martial Hearts knows nothing more more needs to be said.
Feb 10, 2019 6:16 PM

Jul 2017
Deknijff said:
MedicalMint said:
Honestly, I do have to agree with you on some points. It is a little rushed and the ending didn't feel like a payoff. Although, I still really enjoyed the show. I thought Madoka's simplicity allowed other characters to play off of her well. The chemistry between her and Sayaka was very clever in my eyes. I just really enjoyed it.
Too bad the movies completely butchered the franchise.
I can't really see any cleverness in the interactions when all the characters feel hallow and simple to be honest with you
Tbh Yuno Gasai feels even more hollow. All she does is kill shit and says her dudes name every five seconds.
Levi_Ackerman_10 said:
Neo genesis evangelion

Iron blooded orphans season 2
Wait what

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Feb 10, 2019 6:20 PM

Feb 2016
Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni
Captain Tsubasa
Yu-no (hentai)
The battle is over.
Show respect for the fallen
who fought so bravely.
Feb 10, 2019 6:30 PM

Sep 2010
this shit right here what a waste of time, absolutely disgusting
https://myanimelist.net/anime/8475/Asura?q=asur

Feb 10, 2019 6:32 PM

Aug 2016
EndlessMaria said:
MechKingKillbot said:

How can you possibly dislike Fighting Foodons!? Blasphemy!!

It's surprising to see a person that wants to discuss about the show.

The intro is the only thing that is possibly categorized as a "positive" thing about the series, but the opening should not affect the score of the series and the opening actually gets worse the more I listen to it.

Meanwhile, the dialogue is bad. The dubbed voice acting makes me want to rip my ear plates off. The food options available is severely limited (basically it took a while for Chase to cook another food (hotdoggoneit) so he kept using fried ricer even though his dad is a chef and the mc is an aspiring chef (actually he did have the burnt meatballs too but they didn't do shit except for maybe 1 or 2 episodes but lets ignore the fact that he never tried to increase his meatball reinforcements with non burnt ones). Meanwhile a good number also appear to only use 1-2 foods as well. Gets rather repetitive and not interesting. Character personalities of the kids are all annoying so only their deaths would make me smile. The foods that are alive can only say their names and won't shut up about it. We get it; you can only say your generic name, so please stop uttering any grunts with your name whenever you get hit, attack, retaliate, etc.

If it wasn't for MLB taking over the Saturday night shows, making me miss episodes when I could have watched it from start to finish, I would never had rewatched it. My answer for worst anime would be different because I'd have my nostalgia glasses on with my faint memories of the show
MechKingKillbotFeb 10, 2019 6:37 PM
Feb 10, 2019 6:32 PM

Sep 2016
Nami, easy. I felt dirty afterwards.
Feb 10, 2019 6:35 PM

Jan 2017
MedicalMint said:
It's a pretty basic topic, but I'm kind of curious. For me, it'd be Magical Girl Raising Project. I mean, this is just my opinion after all but that show really left a bad taste in my mouth. Bad acting, bad characters and bad story. It just wasn't enjoyable.

Konosuba, and Konosuba season 2. Absolutely awful. Even Divine Gate is infinitely better.
you're cool
Feb 10, 2019 6:38 PM

Aug 2018
Cabron said:
DaCraziGuy said:

Some of them are considered classics and were genre changing. It's like shitting in the entire industry, I really wonder if they like anime ahahah

I'm surprised that you think that. NGE is still relevant after 20 years and a lot of shows are influenced by it.

And Madoka is the one that started this thing of the dark magical girls (dark to that extreme at least) and a lot of shows are still trying to do the same thing. Besides that the show had a remake in a movie format after only a couple of years.

Not saying that you have to like them, but they deserve some respect. For example I dislike OP, but it's one of the longest battle shounen shows and a lot of shows take some ideas from it. I can't shit on that.
Feb 10, 2019 7:18 PM

Mar 2012
Easily Taboo Tattoo. Most bad shows at the very least manage to remain coherent from minute-to-minute, even if the overall story doesn't make any sense, but Taboo Tattoo is like watching some deranged otaku's stream of consciousness. Events don't follow logically, decisions appear to be made entirely by dice roll, and the tone is so inconsistent that it will sometimes jump from grimdark to light comedy and back again in the span of minutes.

Even worse, its existence means that I can no longer call Guilty Crown the worst anime I've ever watched, and that's a damn shame.
Feb 10, 2019 7:30 PM

Sep 2016
Issho ni Sleeping: Sleeping with Hinako is actually the worst anime that I've seen, but it's only 49 minutes long. In comparison, Serial Experiments Lain at least has one redeemable feature (Masami Eiri), but it's a much longer anime.

I'll say that Serial Experiments Lain is without a doubt, the worst TV type anime I watched so far. It's utterly boring, the plot makes no sense and most of the characters are forgettable. It's nothing but pseudo deep nonsense.

EndlessMaria said:
Hokage_Jason said:
I try to avoid shit I won’t like so there aren’t a lot but my unpleasurable experiences with anime go as far as elfen lied and season 2 of Haruhi.

Excluding those two shit shows, I can usually see good qualities and find entertainment in shows I didn’t enjoy, like guilty crown which is shit but with some qualities.

Thanks for reminding me. I had actually forgotten that Haruhi season 2 (Endless Eight) was the worst anime I've seen, by far. Watching all of it was about as entertaining as staring at a wall.

Not everyone can appreciate it. The enjoyment comes from looking for the small details that change in each episode, which makes every episode a new experience despite the same events happening repeatedly. The events that take place are already entertaining by itself so that is another reason why I never got bored. After finishing an episode, I was looking forward to the next one to see how different it will be. It takes a certain mindset to enjoy Endless Eight. Most people don't have the patience to watch all of it. It is genuinely well made and is one of the most memorable things in this medium. An underrated gem.
Apoc_RevolutionFeb 10, 2019 7:35 PM

Feb 10, 2019 7:31 PM

Jan 2013
DaCraziGuy said:
Cabron said:

I'm surprised that you think that. NGE is still relevant after 20 years and a lot of shows are influenced by it.

And Madoka is the one that started this thing of the dark magical girls (dark to that extreme at least) and a lot of shows are still trying to do the same thing. Besides that the show had a remake in a movie format after only a couple of years.

Not saying that you have to like them, but they deserve some respect. For example I dislike OP, but it's one of the longest battle shounen shows and a lot of shows take some ideas from it. I can't shit on that.
Don't get me wrong I enjoyed them.
But the only thing they did was popularize not genre change.
All those things you saw in them were already done before, they were just taken to the extreme.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Feb 10, 2019 7:50 PM

Aug 2018
Cabron said:
DaCraziGuy said:

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed them.
But the only thing they did was popularize not genre change.
All those things you saw in them were already done before, they were just taken to the extreme.

Well, not sure I can discuss in detail how much impact they had in the genres, but affecting the industry to the scale that they did it IS by itself a huge deal imo. The variety of genres in anime changed after those shows, that is a fact.

The impact on the industry is undeniable imo, the impact on the genres is a bit more tricky and maybe you are right on that.

I mean, just today I saw a parody about NGE in Asobi Asobase. That's something, lol.(don't take this last part to serious tho hahaha)
Feb 10, 2019 7:52 PM

May 2016
Kimera and Ginga Densetsu WEED are both absolutely devoid of goodness, but at least I felt only empty apathy while watching them.

Lucky Star on the other hand...I actively hated nearly every simpering, stupid, eye-stabbing, ear-raping second of it.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Feb 10, 2019 7:55 PM

Mar 2017
While I usually don't dislike a lot of things that I have seen... but I did find one that I hate the most and that would be a little show called Divine Gate.
Feb 10, 2019 7:57 PM

Apr 2018

Yeah, that's right! I said it!
Feb 10, 2019 7:59 PM

Aug 2010
I dropped Occultic;Nine within the first 5 minutes of watching Episode 1.
Maybe it is just me not being able to catch the ball bouncing around at Mach-9 speed.
Post Office
Collection
Hall of Fame
Feb 10, 2019 8:12 PM
May 2016
easy pickings, but tenkuu danzai skelter heaven is an irredeemable abomination of anime. at least i could laugh at hametsu no mars, there wasn't one time i even cracked a slight smile or anything like that watching skelter heaven, every facet of it was just so god damn abysmal
but since skelter heaven is such an obvious pick, i'll also throw in aku no hana. it's just teenagers going through a weird sociopathic tendencies phase, and nakamura is an absolutely vile and repulsive person for legitimately no reason whatsoever. maybe if there was some actual character exposition for her it could've made sense, but there's nothing resembling that ever presented in the anime
Feb 10, 2019 11:43 PM

Jun 2016
lazypigz said:
Deknijff said:
I can't really see any cleverness in the interactions when all the characters feel hallow and simple to be honest with you
Tbh Yuno Gasai feels even more hollow. All she does is kill shit and says her dudes name every five seconds.
Levi_Ackerman_10 said:
Neo genesis evangelion

Iron blooded orphans season 2

Ousama the game animation
Wait what
Is there a problem with what I write?

Feb 10, 2019 11:56 PM

Jan 2016
Every Chinese and Korean animation. Oh wait, its not anime, whatever.
Feb 11, 2019 12:04 AM

Apr 2018
I think I'll agree with you on Magical Girl Raising Project. I wouldn't say it's the worst I've seen, but it's pretty bad.

The worst anime I've seen so far (excluding scum anime, which everyone agrees are bad) are a tie between Tokyo Ghoul: Root A, Charlotte, Btooom!, and Future Diary.
Feb 11, 2019 12:07 AM

Apr 2016
Everything i rated lower than 5:

Feb 11, 2019 12:22 AM

Oct 2015
Kannazuki no Miko is one of the classic trainwrecks of Japanese anime, but fortunately forgotten over the years. It's aged even more poorly due to its disgusting treatment of sexual assault.

I didn't finish it, but A Centaur's Life is also pretty darn terrible, mostly in a funny way.
Feb 11, 2019 1:26 AM
Aug 2018
I'm gonna be honest, it's Re:Zero. Fucking episode 18. Holy hell, I have never hated a character more than I hated Subaru during that scene. I wanted to punch my fucking monitor. Rem is so darn adorable, so cute, and they make it sound like Subaru actually wants to leave town with her. But then he just fucking rejects her and OH MY GOD IT MAKES MY FUCKING BLOOD BOIL.
Also, they just kinda... forgot about a few of the sub-plots. What happened with the royal election thingy? They make it seem like it's going to be really important, but then they just never mention it again.

Basically Emilia is shit and I hate it.
Feb 11, 2019 1:27 AM

Nov 2016
Bakemonogatari more boring anime I haven't ever seen...
Feb 11, 2019 1:36 AM

Sep 2015
Absolute Duo and Isuca.

So bad. So terrible. Someone should have been executed for those.
Feb 11, 2019 1:37 AM

Jan 2019
While people are bashing out on popular/semi-popular animes,
I am here waiting for a legend to say Boku No Pico.
Feb 11, 2019 2:40 AM
Nov 2016
Tenkuu Danzai Skelter Heaven - Everything else are crappy (CGI design is obviously awful and ugly damm)! Completely opposite that Land of the Lustrous is one of the best CGI Animation designs and one of the biggest surprising anime dislike Skelter Heaven for me.

Forest Fairy Five - No reason why I hate everything else such as ugly CGI design same Skelter Heaven.

My Sister, My Writer - Big Collapse animation with Ep2 after.

School Days - Everything else are really cliche harem and getting annoying fan service. Makoto Itou and Sekai Saionji are one of the worst anime characters relationships damm! Expect the final episode insert song is heartwarming and one of the best songs (Kanano itou is likable woman singers for me).
Bore55Feb 11, 2019 2:55 AM
Feb 11, 2019 3:01 AM

Jan 2013
Are you asking about the worst? Because I'm under the impression here that most people just ignorantly throw their most disliked ones even if they clearly stand out in some aspects.

TeriTeri said:
Kotonoha no Niwa
Like really? A movie with one of the best visuals in the history of the whole medium? Lol.
fuyukiFeb 11, 2019 3:24 AM
Feb 11, 2019 4:52 AM

May 2018
Maybe konosuba I thought it was pathetic . Attack on titan is also booring

"𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚋𝚘𝚡 𝚘𝚏 𝙲𝚑𝚘𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚜"
Signature by -Tony-

Feb 11, 2019 5:05 AM

Apr 2018
Funny how most of the anime being mentioned are rated above 7.7

Anw ousama games is the worst anime that i've watched
Feb 11, 2019 5:09 AM
Apr 2018
Worst anime I've watched to completion is Sword art online. I disliked it so much and at the time i had never watched a "good" anime, so seeing such a bad series turned me off from giving anime a fair try for many years after. (until a friend nagged me to watch death note and fell in love with anime)

Worst anime I've watched that i couldn't even watch to completion is Angel Beats, so if it becomes great after episode 4 i guess i'll never know.
Feb 11, 2019 5:26 AM

Oct 2013
lazypigz said:
Deknijff said:
Is a perfect example of a Yandere character done correctly and to its most extreme so funny that you say that
But hey man if you think so feel free to do so
Feb 11, 2019 5:27 AM

Jan 2013
Elfen Lied, Terra Formers and some anime whose MC was a girl named momo
Feb 11, 2019 5:54 AM
Nov 2018
Mirai Nikki
It’s the only anime i’ve dropped out of sheer hatred
Feb 11, 2019 6:01 AM

Aug 2010
Pupa hands down. 1/10
it only gets that 1 point because they technically created a show and i think thats worth at least 1 point. Everything in the show is awful. The character designs and general aesthetic are so cringe worthy it hurts. The plot is retarded and the incest is too much
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Feb 11, 2019 6:28 AM

Aug 2017
I do not need to describe, anyone who has watched this anime knows what I'm talking about

Feb 11, 2019 6:32 AM
Nov 2018
Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni.
Say "slip" to beat them all, disgusting anime.
Wasted my time.
Feb 11, 2019 6:48 AM

Mar 2018
The Ojisan to Marshmallow special.
Feb 11, 2019 7:26 AM

Jan 2019
Akerakai said:
Funny how most of the anime being mentioned are rated above 7.7

Right on Point.
It's hard to say that people can be dumb enough to say "Kotonoha No Niwa", "Clannad" or "Mirai nekki" the worst.

Agreed might be overrated, but "worst"?
Feb 11, 2019 7:31 AM

Jul 2017
Maken ki ! Dropped it after 2 episodes.
Have a good time ^-^)/
Feb 11, 2019 7:34 AM

Oct 2017
I'd say my usual default answer here is Charlotte, but Overlord is doing everything to change my mind, at least the former had a nice character, the latter is completely void of decent characters.
I don't know why I put Trinity Seven a 5 and dropped while having to survive 13 episodes of constant torture watching Charlotte and Overlord. If I were to rewatch T7, I may find it decent...
DoubleJEspejwan6 said:
I think I'll agree with you on Magical Girl Raising Project. I wouldn't say it's the worst I've seen, but it's pretty bad.

The worst anime I've seen so far (excluding scum anime, which everyone agrees are bad) are a tie between Tokyo Ghoul: Root A, Charlotte, Btooom!, and Future Diary.

Seems I'm not alone in this one.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Feb 11, 2019 7:39 AM

Mar 2012
Kanokon, Days, Youjo Senki, Ano Hana, Danmachi, Samurai Deeper Kyo&One Room
Feb 11, 2019 7:47 AM

Apr 2018
tlato_but said:
I'd say my usual default answer here is Charlotte, but Overlord is doing everything to change my mind, at least the former had a nice character, the latter is completely void of decent characters.
I don't know why I put Trinity Seven a 5 and dropped while having to survive 13 episodes of constant torture watching Charlotte and Overlord. If I were to rewatch T7, I may find it decent...
DoubleJEspejwan6 said:

Seems I'm not alone in this one.

NGL, I really wanted to like Charlotte, mainly because of Nao, the opening, and the overall production value. I don't make pacing a huge point in rating my anime ratings so long as it doesn't detract from the story too much, but the pacing in Charlotte was just atrocious.

Cookie-cutter characters, pointless moments (like honestly, did we really need to watch Yusa's two minute long music video?), plot holes galore, forced romance, Deus ex Machina resistance, I could go on and on.

It was such a trainwreck of a show that really didn't need to be.
Feb 11, 2019 8:13 AM

Oct 2017
DoubleJEspejwan6 said:

NGL, I really wanted to like Charlotte, mainly because of Nao, the opening, and the overall production value. I don't make pacing a huge point in rating my anime ratings so long as it doesn't detract from the story too much, but the pacing in Charlotte was just atrocious.

Cookie-cutter characters, pointless moments (like honestly, did we really need to watch Yusa's two minute long music video?), plot holes galore, forced romance, Deus ex Machina resistance, I could go on and on.

It was such a trainwreck of a show that really didn't need to be.

That's basically the only decent things in Charlotte, Nao Tomori, the OP and the acceptable production (PA Works at least know how to animate), the pacing was the biggest problem that tried to cram like 30 episodes of material in just 6-7 episodes and if you have plot holes, then the anime will be shit.

The worst part of it was when Tomori was fan-serviced while being abused and tortured, that was completely out of place and didn't do any favours. I could give a pass in animes like Seikon no Qwaser or High School DxD, but here was completely ridiculous and idiotic. Not to mention the forced romance at the second half that was unnecesary, idiotic and Yuu (I think it was his name) literally fall in love from day to night with Nao.

I rarely am in agreement with ANN since the Darling in the Franxx fiasco, but the review they've made for Charlotte was quite spot on.
"What a Player, what a Champion here at Wimbledon, the first man to win 8 Championships."
Andrew Castle on Roger Federer winning his 19th Grand Slam title.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - Yesterday

38 by AxiaG »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime you only knowledges about is from the memes

Spunkert - 8 hours ago

15 by AxiaG »»
2 minutes ago

» Is it ok to finish anime you don't enjoy ?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

18 by AxiaG »»
4 minutes ago

» How often do you rewatch anime?

Destinesia - 6 hours ago

15 by AxiaG »»
4 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 5 hours ago

32 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.