Forum Settings
Forums

What's the Worst Anime You've Ever Watched?

New
Feb 10, 2019 2:17 PM

Sep 2018
It's a pretty basic topic, but I'm kind of curious. For me, it'd be Magical Girl Raising Project. I mean, this is just my opinion after all but that show really left a bad taste in my mouth. Bad acting, bad characters and bad story. It just wasn't enjoyable.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 10, 2019 2:18 PM

Oct 2013
Im also going with a Magical girl anime but unlike you its Madoka
Feb 10, 2019 2:19 PM

Sep 2018
Really? What didn't you like about it?
Feb 10, 2019 2:21 PM

May 2018
This one is so fucking bad that actually turned out great. Also, best bromance in the entire anime history:

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Feb 10, 2019 2:21 PM

May 2014
Flcl progressive and Digimon Adventure tri movie 4 are the only 1/10's i've given.
Feb 10, 2019 2:22 PM
Jul 2018
Masamune kun no revenge or Your lie in April.

Probably Your Lie in April since it took itself a lot more seriously and addressed more mature themes than Masamune kun so it was even worse when it faceplanted on all that. More disappointing.
Feb 10, 2019 2:25 PM

Aug 2017
Watching "Sword Art Online" was the biggest waste of time in my life.
Feb 10, 2019 2:25 PM

Jul 2007
Lol I just watched Magical Girl Raising Project and I loved it. While I wish some of the characters were fleshed out more, especially Hardgore Alice who was underutilized, the fight sequences were pretty good and the magical girls' powers were utilized very well.

It's not one of the best anime but just imo it is better than most.

And lol at the low quality bait listing Madoka Magica
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Feb 10, 2019 2:26 PM

Oct 2013
MedicalMint said:
I see it as lesser version of other shows I like such as Future Diary, Higurashi and also Steins Gate

Madoka is just a rushed version of all those shows and too softcore with practically no gore with them hardly actually focusing on any of the suffering for a extended amount of time

I just can't like something that has what I usually like but in a mediocre way when compared to other shows with similar plot points and themes
Feb 10, 2019 2:26 PM

Dec 2012
Diabolik Douchebags Lovers is hands down the worst thing I've ever attempted to watch. Basically your standard doormat shoujo character gets tricked by her father into being human cattle for a bunch of asshole vampires who imprision, torture, and insult her for fun.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Feb 10, 2019 2:27 PM

Jul 2007
Deknijff said:
MedicalMint said:
I see it as lesser version of other shows I like such as Future Diary, Higurashi and also Steins Gate

Madoka is just a rushed version of all those shows and too softcore with practically no gore with them hardly actually focusing on any of the suffering for a extended amount of time

I just can't like something that has what I usually like but in a mediocre way when compared to other shows with similar plot points and themes

imo Madoka Magica is better than all the anime you listed, and I say that as someone with Higurashi in my top 5.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Feb 10, 2019 2:30 PM

Nov 2017
Green Green - 12 episodes had about 20 minutes total of story arc. The rest was filler...
Feb 10, 2019 2:30 PM
Jul 2018
I could give you standard answer like Sword Art Online, even though I find these things pretty average to okayish / nothing to bash about.
The real answer is this: https://myanimelist.net/anime/2148/Okane_ga_Nai
There was a Youtube video and I was young and klicked on everything. It disturbed me on every level possible tbh.
Feb 10, 2019 2:31 PM

Aug 2018
mahou shoujo site for me probably, i can't believe i sat through all 12 episodes
Feb 10, 2019 2:32 PM
Oct 2018
By far the show i watched was Sword art online when i watched the first couple of episodes i thought the show had a chance to be something good but it took a complete nosedive and became a trash series
Feb 10, 2019 2:35 PM

Jul 2007
malikbugatti said:
mahou shoujo site for me probably, i can't believe i sat through all 12 episodes

Lol another one of my favorites. I loved Magical Girl Site so much after watching it I read the manga and it's even better. :3
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Feb 10, 2019 2:36 PM

Sep 2018
malikbugatti said:

I enjoyed the show a fair bit, although I'll admit it seriously pushed boundaries on what was actually watchable. A lot of the show just made me really uncomfortable.
Feb 10, 2019 2:39 PM
Mar 2017
I agree on mahou shoujo site, it was the worst of the worst anime I have seen
But if dropped anime doesn't count, then it's probably happy sugar life
Feb 10, 2019 2:39 PM

Aug 2018
EndlessMaria said:
malikbugatti said:

Lol another one of my favorites. I loved Magical Girl Site so much after watching it I read the manga and it's even better. :3

I mean I actually loved Magical Girl Site until they kinda threw in inconsistencies in the story that I didn't really like. Episode 1 was actually really cool and after that it just got bad imo. To each is his own though, I'm sure the manga is better.
Feb 10, 2019 2:40 PM

Oct 2018
The ones I don't remember are the worst of the bunch, cuz a negative experience is still an experience while if I forgot I watched an anime it's just a waste of time.

Okay, but Umaru-chan was pretty bad though...

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Feb 10, 2019 2:43 PM
Dec 2013
Can't decide between Kiss x Sis and B Gata H Kei.
Feb 10, 2019 2:43 PM

Jul 2007
shign said:
I agree on mahou shoujo site, it was the worst of the worst anime I have seen
But if dropped anime doesn't count, then it's probably happy sugar life

Lol Happy Sugar Life is one of the anime I'm planning to watch next

malikbugatti said:
I mean I actually loved Magical Girl Site until they kinda threw in inconsistencies in the story that I didn't really like. Episode 1 was actually really cool and after that it just got bad imo. To each is his own though, I'm sure the manga is better.

Yeah the manga makes quite a bit more since. Reason why I wanted to read it is because the plot was interesting and the anime ended on a cliffhanger.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Feb 10, 2019 2:47 PM

Oct 2013
EndlessMaria said:
Deknijff said:

imo Madoka Magica is better than all the anime you listed, and I say that as someone with Higurashi in my top 5.
I can't understand how you can think so when Madoka doesn't take its time to really show the importance of the time resets or having enough episodes to actually set everything up for a satisfying conclusion
Hell even Clanned does a better job than it at setting up the importance with proper set up and build unlike Madoka and this just for one reset
Madoka hardly focuses on the trauma of the resets for Homura either unlike Steins Gate does for Okabe or like how Higurashi does it for Rika
Feb 10, 2019 2:49 PM
Jul 2018
Recently it was Devilman: Crybaby.
Feb 10, 2019 2:50 PM

Mar 2016
kokoro connect is the worst anime ever created
NANACHO FOR PRESIDENT
Feb 10, 2019 2:53 PM

Aug 2018
Aki Sora If u can even call that an anime :3

Jul 2007
Deknijff said:
EndlessMaria said:
I can't understand how you can think so when Madoka doesn't take its time to really show the importance of the time resets or having enough episodes to actually set everything up for a satisfying conclusion
Hell even Clanned does a better job than it at setting up the importance with proper set up and build unlike Madoka and this just for one reset
Madoka hardly focuses on the trauma of the resets for Homura either unlike Steins Gate does for Okabe or like how Higurashi does it for Rika

I thought Madoka did pretty well for 12 episodes, but maybe it could have been better if it was a bit longer. Who knows. Story wise though I actually agree that Higurashi is a better story, and it does a good job with Rika's plight. Rika is one of my favorite characters after all, nipah~!
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Jan 2018
FLCL. I don't have any disrespect towards those who enjoyed it, but I honestly consider it to be one of the most detestable things I've ever sat through. I only completed it because it was 6 episodes long, but each episode dragged on and on and on for me. The only minor redeeming factor was the music, but apart from that I hated just about everything about it. Longest two hours of my life.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Feb 10, 2019 3:00 PM

May 2018
If we're excluding "so bad it's good" stuff like Mars of Destruction and h-titles, it's probably something like Green Green, as mentioned above. I just watched the first half of Grand Blue, and that's pretty damn close as well.
Harem is the opiate of the Anime fandom masses.
Feb 10, 2019 3:01 PM

Aug 2018
Greyleaf said:
FLCL. I don't have any disrespect towards those who enjoyed it, but I honestly consider it to be one of the most detestable things I've ever sat through. I only completed it because it was 6 episodes long, but each episode dragged on and on and on for me. The only minor redeeming factor was the music, but apart from that I hated just about everything about it. Longest two hours of my life.

I can see why you would think that way, I myself liked it but at times I actually moved my mouse while watching it to get the timestamp and see how long until the episode's actually over lmao.
Feb 10, 2019 3:04 PM

Oct 2013
EndlessMaria said:
Deknijff said:
I thought Madoka did pretty well for 12 episodes, but maybe it could have been better if it was a bit longer. Who knows.
Pretty well for 12 episodes? The characters hardly have any arcs or much characterisation either with it being all over the place unlike all the other shows. Madoka hardly achieves anything with what it tries to build on nor does it have long lasting stakes which makes the ending hardly seem as a pay off since I can't say anything feels earned.
Feb 10, 2019 3:06 PM

Jan 2018
malikbugatti said:
Greyleaf said:

I can see why you would think that way, I myself liked it but at times I actually moved my mouse while watching it to get the timestamp and see how long until the episode's actually over lmao.

Haha, exactly. As I said, I don't believe in "bad taste", and I always respect others' opinions. I can understand the appealing factors in the show and why so many people consider it to be great; I personally just didn't enjoy the humor, and the symbolism didn't resonate with me on any level.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Feb 10, 2019 3:07 PM

Dec 2015
Ladyspo is horrible, it's one of the worst thing I have ever seen when it comes to anime.

Feb 10, 2019 3:08 PM

Sep 2018
Deknijff said:
EndlessMaria said:
I thought Madoka did pretty well for 12 episodes, but maybe it could have been better if it was a bit longer. Who knows.
Pretty well for 12 episodes? The characters hardly have any arcs or much characterisation either with it being all over the place unlike all the other shows. Madoka hardly achieves anything with what it tries to build on nor does it have long lasting stakes which makes the ending hardly seem as a pay off since I can't say anything feels earned.

Honestly, I do have to agree with you on some points. It is a little rushed and the ending didn't feel like a payoff. Although, I still really enjoyed the show. I thought Madoka's simplicity allowed other characters to play off of her well. The chemistry between her and Sayaka was very clever in my eyes. I just had a lot of fun with it.
Too bad the movies completely butchered the franchise.
Feb 10, 2019 3:13 PM

Oct 2013
MedicalMint said:
Deknijff said:
Honestly, I do have to agree with you on some points. It is a little rushed and the ending didn't feel like a payoff. Although, I still really enjoyed the show. I thought Madoka's simplicity allowed other characters to play off of her well. The chemistry between her and Sayaka was very clever in my eyes. I just really enjoyed it.
I can't really see any cleverness in the interactions when all the characters feel hallow and simple to be honest with you
Feb 10, 2019 3:14 PM

Dec 2018
I try to avoid shit I won’t like so there aren’t a lot but my unpleasurable experiences with anime go as far as elfen lied and season 2 of Haruhi.

Excluding those two shit shows, I can usually see good qualities and find entertainment in shows I didn’t enjoy, like guilty crown which is shit but with some qualities.
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Feb 10, 2019 3:16 PM

Sep 2018
Deknijff said:
MedicalMint said:
Honestly, I do have to agree with you on some points. It is a little rushed and the ending didn't feel like a payoff. Although, I still really enjoyed the show. I thought Madoka's simplicity allowed other characters to play off of her well. The chemistry between her and Sayaka was very clever in my eyes. I just really enjoyed it.
I can't really see any cleverness in the interactions when all the characters feel hallow and simple to be honest with you

Sayaka and Homura didn't feel hollow to me. Sayaka was selfish and kind of a bitch, which is what lead to her spiral into madness. The anime's artistic presentation was freakishly gorgeous and fit perfectly with the girl's descents into insanity.
That's my opinion at least. I can see why some people mighn't have seen it that way.
Feb 10, 2019 3:18 PM

Jul 2007
Hokage_Jason said:
I try to avoid shit I won’t like so there aren’t a lot but my unpleasurable experiences with anime go as far as elfen lied and season 2 of Haruhi.

Excluding those two shit shows, I can usually see good qualities and find entertainment in shows I didn’t enjoy, like guilty crown which is shit but with some qualities.

Thanks for reminding me. I had actually forgotten that Haruhi season 2 (Endless Eight) was the worst anime I've seen, by far. Watching all of it was about as entertaining as staring at a wall.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Feb 10, 2019 3:18 PM

Sep 2016

Pupa, Skelter Heaven, and Highschool of the Dead.

This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Feb 10, 2019 3:27 PM

Aug 2016
Tokyo Ghoul Re 2, I put this less than Pupa simply because pupa had the decency to be short.
Feb 10, 2019 3:29 PM

Dec 2018
EndlessMaria said:
Hokage_Jason said:

Thanks for reminding me. I had actually forgotten that Haruhi season 2 (Endless Eight) was the worst anime I've seen, by far. Watching all of it was about as entertaining as staring at a wall.

Yuuuuup.

You just keep watching expecting something different/deep/shaking to happen but NUPE.
Should of known, it is a parody.

Season 1 was a parody for fans. Good laughs.

Season 2 was a parody for the studio, they trolled the fuck out of fans and probably had a good laugh.
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Feb 10, 2019 4:09 PM

Jun 2016
Neo genesis evangelion

Ousama the game animation

Iron blooded orphans season 2

Feb 10, 2019 4:24 PM

Apr 2016
Tokyo ghoul re for being bad, boring and pointless all at the same time.
Feb 10, 2019 4:28 PM

Aug 2018
Conception is the worse one... what a piece of thrash.

Wtf? Madoka, NGE, Gundam Tekkadan and Devilman are being called the worse show??? WUT? This is a troll thread and I'm the only one being serious?
Feb 10, 2019 4:30 PM

Jul 2007
DaCraziGuy said:

Wtf? Madoka, NGE, Gundam Tekkadan and Devilman are being called the worse show??? WUT? This is a troll thread and I'm the only one being serious?

Lol yeah most people in here are listing good anime.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Feb 10, 2019 4:31 PM

May 2017
ao no exorcist -------------------------------------
Feb 10, 2019 4:33 PM

Aug 2018
EndlessMaria said:
DaCraziGuy said:

Lol yeah most people in here are listing good anime.

Some of them are considered classics and were genre changing. It's like shitting in the entire industry, I really wonder if they like anime ahahah
Feb 10, 2019 4:54 PM

Jun 2015
Eiken: Eikenbu yori Ai wo Komete. There was absolutely nothing good about it.
:)
Feb 10, 2019 4:56 PM

May 2017
School Days

When you the manga ending slightly better than the animated ending, that’s when you know you crossed the line with anime standards.
Feb 10, 2019 5:01 PM
Oct 2015
Eromanga Sensei. Not only is it just a bad show, it's also insultingly bad in its premise and execution.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 3 hours ago

21 by LostSpectre »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

84 by LostSpectre »»
6 minutes ago

» What's the last bad anime you've watched? ( 1 2 )

MechaFanBoy1979 - Mar 17

81 by InsomniacBastard »»
9 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 5 hours ago

32 by GalacticMagna »»
9 minutes ago

» Anime Clubs in College

Peach_Main - 47 minutes ago

4 by Zettaiken »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.