Forum Settings
Forums

Spotlight Anime: Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari

New
How would you rate this anime?
Feb 10, 2019 12:49 PM

Mar 2010
Spotlight Anime: Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari

MAL Series Information Page: Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari

MAL Score - 8.46 (scored by 123,842 users
Ranked - #132
Popularity - #417

For the next week I would like to have a discussion about the series that focuses on the key elements that we here on MAL use to critically rate an anime: Animation, Sound, Characters, Story, and Enjoyment.

I would like everyone to approach this thread as if you were going to write a review and structure your initial post like this:

Animation - insert rating
Sound - insert rating
Characters - insert rating
Story - insert rating
Enjoyment - insert rating

Animation - discuss any pros and cons of the animation styling used in the series, try to include some specifics.

Sound - describe any of the things you liked or didn't care for in regards to the music and sound effects used in the series

etc...

If you are having trouble writing up a review or coming up with specific pro's and cons, please don't worry. Just do the best you can with it and if you can only write two or three sentences about any of the 5 elements then that's OK. Not everyone here is currently at a level which will allow them to articulate their thoughts and opinions.

After your initial post is made you can feel free to civilly discuss issues of contention. I am sure there will be many opinions expressed here that some of us will disagree upon and criticize and it is for that reason that this entire club exists. So I hope everyone has fun and I am really looking forward to watching this discussion unfold.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari (Anime) (24/2/19)
- Yes: 11
- No: 25
- Haven't watched: 24
~ Abstained: 4

- 31%

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica Movie 3: Hangyaku no Monogatari (Anime) (09/05/21)
- Yes: 12
- No: 27
- Haven't Watched: 31
~ Abstained: 2

- 30.77%
HiroM_Aug 6, 2021 2:08 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 10, 2019 3:36 PM

May 2018
I think I'll reserve this space a little bit because I'm about to rewatch the movies, it's been a long time and I rated 6/10, which I think it was fair by the time, but now that I think about it, I can't exactly remember many elements of the series... How long will this Spotlight be available for discussion?

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Feb 10, 2019 6:19 PM

Jun 2015
Sachyan said:
I think I'll reserve this space a little bit because I'm about to rewatch the movies, it's been a long time and I rated 6/10, which I think it was fair by the time, but now that I think about it, I can't exactly remember many elements of the series... How long will this Spotlight be available for discussion?
You can post in any spotlight whenever. But this one will be highlighted for 2 weeks (3 if you count the You Decide week)
Feb 12, 2019 5:45 AM

May 2018
I wrote a review for it

I think I should start by stating that Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Rebellion is a spectacular audiovisual experience. The movie revolves around surrealistic visual effects that can please us a lot, and generally speaking it's an awesome ride that can let us experience both aspects extremely well: sound and animation. However, unfortunately the movie fails to deliver a substantial story with a fine characterization that could live up to the audiovisual experience.

Animation – 9/10

As previously said, Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Rebellion is a spectacular audiovisual experience, so is to be expected that this work of art delivers a great and steady fluidity to its motions, as well as a nice variety of color shades and tones, with beautiful effects and nice images that fill the environment with tenacity and plasticity, which provides a very good and mysterious surrealistic aura to the movie.

Sound – 9/10

Concerning the sound, the movie delivers some of the most stupendous tracks, granting beautiful and melodic tones of a fine variety of soundtracks, providing an experience that is almost oneiric and go along very well with the imagery of the whole movie.

Characters – 2/10

Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Rebellion is a direct sequel of the series, which is basically sustained by the very same cast. Nevertheless, the movie fails right in the characterization, insofar as almost the whole development of the plot is supported by Akemi Homura. Although it may be interesting to see Homura-chan and her ecstatic passion, it's painful, absurd and overly convoluted to be verisimilar to an extent so we can relate with. The rest of cast is ultimately secondary and serve the volitional aspects of Akemi Homura.

Story – 2/10

The story had the potential to be interesting at some point, but I can barely remember which one. Unfortunately, in the end it isn't something worthy of its magnificent audiovisual aspect. The surrealistic atmosphere is lost from the moment that the dialogues and characters' thoughts express basically everything that is happening within the movie, explain even the minutiae, almost as the viewer was stupid enough to come up with his own conclusions. Little is left to the imaginative discretion, spoiling what could be a truthfully surrealistic experience. Notwithstanding, as everyone already knows, by the end of the original series Madoka was pretty much a superhuman entity: God. To uphold this absurdity, the movie is pretty much obliged to create an equally absurd plot that could be able to conceive the capacity and potentiality of goddess Madoka.

Enjoyment – 3/10

Generally speaking, it isn't a bad movie, not at all, and is indeed possible to appreciate as a fine audiovisual experience. Howsoever, the story is sustained by an absurdly appellative plot, with an overmuch poorly characterization that can impair the overall enjoyment. Nevertheless, in the end it can be an interesting experience, and that's fine.

Overall – 5/10
GuidSMRFeb 12, 2019 6:00 AM

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The End of Critics and Connoisseurs

HiroM_ - Dec 31, 2022

31 by danz »»
Nov 10, 2023 1:08 AM

» Challenge You Decide: Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of Evangelion (Anime) (1/1)

HiroM_ - Dec 3, 2022

44 by 25saix »»
Dec 30, 2022 3:10 PM

» You Decide: Golden Kamuy 2nd Season (Anime) (12/4)

HiroM_ - Dec 2, 2022

42 by 25saix »»
Dec 30, 2022 3:10 PM

» Resurrected You Decide: Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica (Anime) (12/4)

HiroM_ - Dec 2, 2022

47 by 25saix »»
Dec 30, 2022 3:09 PM

» Blue N Rescue Mission: Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma (Anime) (12/4)

HiroM_ - Dec 3, 2022

24 by Dramaddict »»
Dec 28, 2022 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.