Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 26, 2019 4:22 AM

Jun 2009
I don't even know what to say about this...
Jun 6, 2019 2:57 PM

Jan 2019
Honestly, Am I only one who felt disappointed? Haha 😂 Why Natsuo Why? Why you didn't do that before having a dinner lol. However, he is a good boy for this episode.
berm4544Jun 7, 2019 3:03 AM
Oct 12, 2019 4:00 PM

Jan 2016
I actually really like Momo lmfao.
Nov 25, 2019 11:28 AM

Oct 2018
I actually feel sorry for Momo. Her parents aren't getting along. She eats dinner alone. Her past relationships have been bad, even abusive. She's a cutter, which points to a deeper neurosis and emotional trauma. And she just wants someone to love her and treat her right. I'm glad Natsuo resisted his primal urges, but rather made dinner for her. At least he was honest in saying it would be better for both of them not to be in a codependent relationship. I really hope Momo finds help; she seems like a nice enough girl, just damaged.
I always lose at disc golf. I keep throwing the game.
Dec 9, 2019 7:21 PM

Feb 2019
Didn't know how to feel about Momo in the beginning, whether she was misunderstood or really a whore. And after the episode, I'm still not sure.

She's broken, I see. So her "whoring" around is her trying to get attention, affection, and validation that she couldn't get from her parents. Just goes to show how a broken home can affect someone. And are those marks from a suicide attempt? Damn. I guess a lot of guys don't want the extra baggage. Also, some guys probably took advantage of her too seeing how easy she falls in love with someone. Still not sure if we've truly seen her inner personality, so not sure yet how I feel about her. But at least it didn't go the route where they had sex which basically isn't good for both of them right now. It was nice that Natsuo stopped midway and just cooked her dinner, something she rarely or never experiences.

I guess Rui, despite what she says, has feelings for Natsuo. Also that was one awkward taking-care-of session with that suppository and all. Rui's way too comfortable with Natsuo despite Natsuo being her step-brother lol
Jan 5, 2020 12:37 AM

Aug 2018
Poor Momo is pretty screwed up. Rui isn’t going to like this one little bit.
Mar 27, 2020 6:06 AM

Oct 2017
someone please drag momo away
every word out of her mouth is a squawk of an annoying pelican.
Jul 3, 2020 12:04 PM

Mar 2019
So far I like it ngl.It would be an 8.I still don't like Momo that much and god damn that ass scene with Rui
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Oct 27, 2020 2:03 PM

May 2018
Lol Momo is about to overthrow our lord and savior Lelouch for the number of ppl she has dated
Jul 4, 2021 10:38 AM

Aug 2014
Wow he is not some lame protagonist :D Natsuo not only didn't take advantage of Momo, but also is going to help her :O But later in my opinion he should do it with her and forget about two other girls. Being Momo's friend is also good, but that means he thinks he can/should go for, but who exactly? Rui? Hina? Nah that is bad decision if he was so against married man being with Hina.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 1, 2021 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
Everyone here hating on Momo but honestly girls like her are like unicorns in real life. 'Easy' girls (sluts) are never, ever that cute in both mannerisms and actions. If she weren't a whore she'd be 10/10 material. Hell just have her pair up with a man who treats her nicely and it would seem her whore days would be over. She'd make a fine wife in that case. Unless there's more to her personality that I don't know yet.

Anyways, this anime still hasn't gotten very filthy. People were saying it was like hentai, and yet a sex scene is about to happen and the main character backs off and cooks her a meal instead. So filthy. And people call me a prude, lol.

Well, we'll see if it gets worse. I'm actually enjoying it so far.
Aug 20, 2021 12:07 AM

Sep 2015
Rui actually tries to be logical and reasonable through the episodes so far, she never tries to make a big deal out of everything. Unless it's someone she cares about

Not only that but shes unpridictable which makes her to be a very fun character as we get surprised by her actions

But Natsuo did the right thing at the end.

August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Feb 28, 2022 6:01 AM
Aug 2020
OH GOD THE SUPPOSITORY SCENE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Aug 29, 2022 3:15 AM
Mar 2021
Boobs, Boobs and Boobs
Oct 16, 2022 6:34 AM
Oct 2021
The plot of the story is great! Also need to mention the love triangle between the siblings. Hahah, it's amazing. Looking forward to the future episodes or seasons...
Oct 25, 2022 4:49 AM

Jan 2017
i haven't laughed so hard in a while from watching Anime,this show is absolutely hilarious!the animation was quite bad in this episode not gonna lie!
Oct 25, 2022 7:55 PM

Jan 2010
I remember Domestic Girlfriend being a popular topic of discussion a few years ago, although most of that talk was extremely vocal distaste and hatred. Knowing nothing about the show, I assumed it suffered from some manner of romance polygon drama, resulting in frustrating decisions made by the characters. Well, from the onset, Domestic Girlfriend revels in awkwardness and sexual frustration. It's certainly not the first anime to deal with incest, nor is it the first to even feature sexual intercourse in tandem with incest. Rather, while the subject is brought up a decent amount, the core issue seems to be the characters' struggle with conflating romance, sexuality, familial love, and self-worth.

I can see some similarities with Scum's Wish, although this anime is significantly less depressing. The main difference seems to be the main characters' supporting cast actually providing consultation, mediation, and assistance in resolving tension. The first dilemma was Hina's affair spurring Natsuo's and Rui's decision to have sex, brought about by their frustrations surrounding immaturity and ignorance on the subject. Shuu, as Hina's first love, seemed important to her, but she also knew of the strain placed on her siblings. With Momo's case, feelings of neglect and abandonment seemed to spur her to search for romance, seemingly to fill the void her parents left. With the additional accumulated trauma from failed relationships, I can see how she eventually started self-harm.

These stories are okay for what they are, and they do deal with difficult subjects to write without making viewers uncomfortable. So far, while the anime is certainly awkward, I haven't seen anything rage worthy yet. Perhaps those moments have yet to come?
Dec 16, 2022 8:11 AM
Sep 2020
pdj no dura nada, bueno el chico la conquisto a la mina
Jun 3, 2023 9:27 PM
Jan 2018
I really liked this one. It was sorta sad but a really nice intro to Momo-san. I really enjoyed it, I've always wanted to treat certain anime characters like Natsuo-kun. Where a lot of cute characters are either extremely lonely or heavily abused. I have always wanted to show that person a good time and something healthy. I saw that play out in today's episode, and it felt really nice to watch. I don't really know if they had sex, though but again, it was nice to see Natsuo-kun make a nice dinner for Momo-san.
Aug 31, 2023 8:04 AM
Aug 2023
very interesting and surprisingly emotional anime
Aug 31, 2023 9:47 AM

Feb 2022
"my little sister can't possibly have a hemorrhoid" flashback. lol.
good to see Natsuo taking care of Rui so nicely.
momo-chan is gonna bring a lotta drama, she's not a normal person for suure.
Natsuo dodged a bullet. for now i guess.
                                                    slice of life anime, my beloved.

2D>>>>>>
Nov 30, 2023 11:37 PM

Nov 2023
Man this one was ok episode
Dec 1, 2023 9:57 PM

Jan 2013
Well, that was a first for what I've seen in anime, what a weird scene...

Yes, you know what scene I'm talking about from this episode
Jan 22, 9:59 AM
Nov 2022
Rui >>>>>>> All the other girls.
Mar 20, 1:47 AM
Jan 2018
Rewatching this episode to catch myself back up on the anime, I was thoroughly surprised at how close to home this episode hit. I've made my mistake of sticking my dick in crazy plenty. This, is an excellent depiction of something that can easily happen in real life. I love this anime, it's so grounded yet so wild in the drama that it does depict. What I'm talking about is Momo is very common. A broken home-life throughout all of childhood can lead to a very broken person. Momo is exactly that. Her clinging onto guys so fast is a combination of factors from her mental illness. It mostly stems from her absent parents that any shot she gets at receiving that love, she's going to put her everything in it as fast as humanly possible. Which would stem to a hopeless romantic complex she may or may not have which would also drive her to become this person that gets obsessed easily.

But for why she's a "slut", I genuinely think it's because she knows nothing else. Desperate people will take desperate measures to fill the void in their heart from loneliness. For a lot of girls in Momo's case, that means getting with toxic guys. Toxic guys only wanna fuck and bounce; pump and dump. I could also imagine that toxic guys leave for very little reason because they don't actually want to be with the person they're fucking. Hence why Momo said that guys have left her when they saw her scars when she was naked.

Momo is a very tragic character but a very realistic one. I really appreciate how the writer handled this through Natsuo doing something way different than most MC's would. By giving her the thing that she could never get growing up which was a meal with someone else instead of constantly being alone. I love how, despite Natsuo's very situation, he's still at the end of the day a stand-up guy. He doesn't do what literally every other guy would (most guys would just fuck her and then maybe do something nice, that's probably what I would do lowkey). He instead puts that aftercare first. Another example of this show breaking the tropes and stereotypes in 99% of anime which is why I love and appreciate it so much.
Apr 12, 10:11 PM
Mar 2023
this show sucks balls
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

261 by venbals »»
Yesterday, 7:09 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

141 by venbals »»
Yesterday, 6:47 PM

» It has a happy ending

removed-user - Mar 11

37 by Kwiatek280 »»
Yesterday, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

131 by venbals »»
Apr 13, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2019

145 by venbals »»
Apr 13, 10:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.