Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 8, 2019 12:45 PM

Nov 2016
Risotto is such a savage, I can't wait to see him in action. Meanwhile we can have fun with another crazy fellow, Ghiaccio. What can I say, Okamoto Nobuhiko never disappoints.

And Pericolo meant business, rip my dude, but unfortunately it turned out to be a futile act.

Also great to see the boss.

It was one hell of an episode again, this is truly shaping up to become my favorite JoJo so far.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 8, 2019 12:52 PM
Oct 2018
Well, this episode was... how can I say?
I......had chills
Feb 8, 2019 1:30 PM

Mar 2014
Time really flies while watching Jojo. Based Okamoto Nobuhiko. Say what you want, Ghiaccio's concerns over metaphors and translated city names are valid LOL

RIP Melone, that death seemed really painful

White Album is a cool stand. Can't wait to see how this fight turns out. I love seeing more of Giorno and Mista, but I hope Fugo and Narancia get some focus soon as well!
Feb 8, 2019 1:37 PM

Jun 2016
I don't know how should I feel that while everyone recognized Ghiaccio's VA as Bakugo, I recognized him as Accelerator XD (Sorry Ka-chan >.<) Probs to Okamoto Nobuhiko.
Feb 8, 2019 2:00 PM

Aug 2017
I loved this episode! Why does Mista keep getting the short stick though! First he’s shot to shit and aged to hell and back and now he’s frozen to a car, I mean sure Giorno is with him this time but still! 😂
"Whether doing good or evil, I will be the boss."

Feb 8, 2019 2:18 PM

Apr 2016
Nidhoeggr said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The appearance of the boss, Pericolo's death, anime-original Risotto scenes, a great climax to Baby Face and of course the begin of the highly anticipated White Album fight. Very solid episode today.

heh......climax......
moe moe ichijou seiya

Feb 8, 2019 2:37 PM

Sep 2013
Shaping up to be my best jojo for sure.

This is episode was great too, quality of the weekly episodes have been very exciting and consistent.

How does Stone Ocean compare to this overall?
Feb 8, 2019 2:42 PM

Aug 2017
Man casting Bakugo's VA as a guy with ice powers is genius.

Plus its also the voice of Accelerator so added bonus of being another screaming anger-prone psychopath for the VA to voice.

Also ah those Riotto scenes are anime-only? How nice of the anime team to do that, gives the guy more screen-time which is always great. :)
I used to be a watchmaker.
Feb 8, 2019 2:57 PM

Sep 2018
Can't wait for the next episode, this is one of my most favourite fights from part 5, so far its looking great
Oh You Say It's Declined ? 😬😬 Huh ? 😠😡 You Say It Was Declined ? 😠😠😡😡Aight, Shit 😔😔 Well Try My MasterCard , Bro 💳💳 Yeah Yeah Yeah I Got Money On My MasterCard Fo sho 😟😅💳
Feb 8, 2019 3:23 PM

Feb 2016
trestkon said:

How does Stone Ocean compare to this overall?

Stone Ocean to me was a blast when I first read it. It has some interesting stands and having a female lead for once was really nice. It also has very bizarre stuff on it. The stands aren't as deadly as Vento Aureo ones but they shouldn't be underestimated either and some of them are really bizarre. The main Villain is better on SO since he has more screen time than the one in VA. But I have hopes that DP will fix that.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 8, 2019 3:43 PM

Mar 2012
mistas gold experience
Feb 8, 2019 3:49 PM

Oct 2018
Really good episode. And it was quite packed too with the conclusion of the last fight, the beginning of the white album fight and boss foreshadowing. Also Mista and Giorno together. They make such a great team imo. Easily my favourite episode so far!

This Anime seems to be an almost perfect adaption of the manga. Although I didn't read it, I can still tell how much love they put in this. It definitely took 1st place from part 4 for the best anime part for me! Can't wait until they animate my personal favourite part (Part 6). But until then: Vento Aureo time!
Feb 8, 2019 4:44 PM

Apr 2016
I'm glad we finally got to the fight with Ghiaccio (I don't know if I'm spelling that right), he's definitely one of the most unique enemies, also we got to hear the boss' voice for the first time!
this episode really covered a lot!
Feb 8, 2019 6:16 PM
Jul 2018
I immediately recognized Katsuyuki Konishi as the boss, I think it fits him pretty damn well. I can't wait to see more of the boss and the VA's performance.

Also Mista yelling Gold Experience.
I've been waiting for this for so long. DavidPro I fucking love you.
removed-userFeb 8, 2019 7:25 PM
Feb 8, 2019 6:55 PM

Jun 2014
The creativity of these Stand battles never fails to amaze me. This battle could have taken place in a "normal" setting, but instead, it's happening in a car that's speeding down the fucking road lol. It was thrilling as hell too, and I can't wait to see the rest of it.

We got a small glimpse of the first appearance of the boss, and he seems.....interesting. Also RIP Pericolo, it sucks that he had to kill himself after leaving that information for the group.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 8, 2019 7:32 PM

Feb 2016
Those deaths were brutal AF. White Album looks pretty op. Can't wait for the conclusion next week.
Feb 8, 2019 8:23 PM

Mar 2016
This is a brutal fight, the real feels are going to come in the next few episodes

I will also echo many and say I am glad they didn't do white album in CG
Feb 8, 2019 9:28 PM

Jul 2014
Ghiaccio is my spirit animal.

Also, we finally found out what happened to Frozone's super suit.

Wiffur said:
White Ice is a very interesting and cool stand!

Non-copyrighted name is White Album.
Feb 8, 2019 10:15 PM

Aug 2018
Only if Narancia was the one fighting Ghiaccio.
Deku vs Kachan rematch
Feb 8, 2019 10:21 PM

Dec 2008
I remember finding this battle a bit boring on the original manga but man, seeing in animated feels like a totally different thing. It was amazing
Feb 8, 2019 10:48 PM

Sep 2014
Disappointed that The Boss' voice actor was changed but it's not unexpected. At least we got to hear him do a great job as Kira, which makes me wonder if we'll ever see Koyama Rikiya in a future JoJo part.
Feb 9, 2019 1:33 AM

Jan 2011
The Boss appears and made the same pose as Trish does in the OP, which further leads me to believe that he'll take her place in the IP when they do the usual messing around with it towards the end. Unless they change OPs...

Mirai said:
Bro the ice dude is just Bakugou with ice powers
You mean Bakugo is Ghiaccio with explosion powers.
Feb 9, 2019 1:43 AM

Aug 2018
RoyLegacy said:
Disappointed that The Boss' voice actor was changed but it's not unexpected. At least we got to hear him do a great job as Kira, which makes me wonder if we'll ever see Koyama Rikiya in a future JoJo part.

Tbh his role as the boss in the games wasn't anything special. He did much better with Kira and it would've been awkward to have two consecutive main villains with the same voice. So I don't think there is anything to be disappointed about.
Feb 9, 2019 4:39 AM

Jul 2016
thebrentinator24 said:
The creativity of these Stand battles never fails to amaze me. This battle could have taken place in a "normal" setting, but instead, it's happening in a car that's speeding down the fucking road lol. It was thrilling as hell too, and I can't wait to see the rest of it.

We got a small glimpse of the first appearance of the boss, and he seems.....interesting. Also RIP Pericolo, it sucks that he had to kill himself after leaving that information for the group.

The boss looks weird as...
Feb 9, 2019 6:17 AM

Jul 2015
Hunh... so now were at White Album... I feel weird about it, like... it's so... so... normal, compared to the previous stands the group has faced, yet it's still pretty dang... cool... with the whole battle taking place in and on the car speeding down a highway.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 9, 2019 6:43 AM

May 2016
Let's see now....

Giorno vs Baby Face ends

Anime-original Risotto scenes, a great climax to Baby Face and of course the begin of the highly anticipated White Album fight. Very solid episode today.

Honestly, solid episode indeed.
Feb 9, 2019 7:07 AM

Oct 2012
Ghiaccio's voice it's Accelolicon Pikorin xD

I agree, Venezia sounds cooler than Venice
That's why in ARIA it's called Neo-Venezia, not Neo-Venice xD

Yo Giorno, Mista just stole your line.. how can you let that happen?

I didn't remember this from reading manga.. well that's a good thing, I can experienced the story again
"Signature removed"
Feb 9, 2019 7:14 AM

Sep 2016
Good anime addition to the background scenes of Risotto’s part that teases a bit of his ability.
Also nice conclusion to Giorno’s fight. Melone got bit in the tongue was quite fitting.

Kinda surprised about the voice actor choice for the boss. Well, let’s see if he can pull it off in the following eps.

I’m not a huge fan of the White Album fight as lots of the fans are, but this ep really brings out the greatness of an action-packed battle and I love it!
Hands down a 5/5 episode.

On a side note, I just got back from vacation in Firenze & Venezia. What a bad experience in Venezia!
Still feels great to watch JOJO tho~
Feb 9, 2019 8:32 AM

Feb 2018
"do you even have a license?"
"no, i'm only fifteen" 10/10

Mirai said:
Bro the ice dude is just Bakugou with ice powers

bakugou gave up being a hero and joined the hitman team eeheheh

AHA did i just hear a WRYYYYY~????? papa dio must be proud (*´∀`)
Feb 9, 2019 8:37 AM

Dec 2010
Hamody_Asgail said:
I don't know how should I feel that while everyone recognized Ghiaccio's VA as Bakugo, I recognized him as Accelerator XD (Sorry Ka-chan >.<) Probs to Okamoto Nobuhiko.

I'm with you on this one, it's not that i don't like BNHA / Bakugo, but for me the first character that i'll always picture in my head when hearing Okamoto Nobuhiko will be ma boi Accel :V
I'm from Poland, so i'm sorry if i make some mistakes in english sentences (including this one)
Feb 9, 2019 10:38 AM
May 2017
i knew that was bakugo lmao such a hot head...

i digged the OG stuff they added on this episode with the sneak peak of Risotto's stand.
the pacing of this fight definitely works better animated.
the 2nd phase of this fight gets pretty boring, tho.
RabidFishFeb 9, 2019 10:43 AM
Feb 9, 2019 11:05 AM

Oct 2010
RIP DIIIIIIIIEEE MOLLLLTOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 9, 2019 9:42 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
They chose the perfect VA to play this new dude lol....All I hear is Accelerator and BakuGOAT and I love it xDDD
Feb 10, 2019 1:33 AM

Dec 2014
Damn that was intense..still the op and ed is just bad and disregards the intensity
Feb 10, 2019 8:11 AM

Aug 2016
ibraheem234 said:
Damn that was intense..still the op and ed is just bad and disregards the intensity

OP should change after like 2 more episodes, based on the new ones leaked title and my manga knowledge
Feb 10, 2019 9:34 AM
May 2017
sick of people shitting on the OP and the ending... shit's fyre, suck me off.

contemporary RnB rules, smh.
Feb 10, 2019 12:25 PM

Sep 2016
I'm so happy by how DP is adapting the manga so far, and even adding scenes that benefit the anime instead of just dumb filler. The boss reveal and Ghiaccio's Venezia rant were the highlights of the episode.

I think that this is the perfect time to change the Opening.
Feb 10, 2019 12:26 PM

Feb 2011
It's insane how creative the stand battles are in part 5. It may not be the best part but it most definitely is enjoyable as hell.
Feb 10, 2019 1:59 PM
May 2016
RabidFish said:
sick of people shitting on the OP and the ending... shit's fyre, suck me off.

contemporary RnB rules, smh.

For once I think we agree whole-heartedly
Feb 12, 2019 1:24 PM

Apr 2015
great fight so far, Ghiaccios personality is fun too
Feb 15, 2019 9:17 PM

Jul 2009
Intense episode! I love how even after the fight against Babyface, we already get to see Ghiaccio and White Album on it!!!!

This is why there are no breaks in this arc! Literally every enemy appears as soon as the last one dies.

Next couple of episodes is going to be intense!!! I knew Ghiaccio has the same VA as Ryou from Shokugeki no Souma. He literally sounds like Ryou, especially his screams and all.

Not sure what I feel about The Boss

voice. I mean he is Kenshiro in the latest games (Ken's Rage 1/2, Jump Force). Wish they had the Kira VA from the games.
SomaHeirFeb 16, 2019 9:13 AM
Feb 16, 2019 12:09 AM

Oct 2018
SomaHeir said:
Intense episode! I love how even after the fight against Babyface, we already get to see Ghiaccio and White Album on it!!!!

This is why there are no breaks in this arc! Literally every enemy appears as soon as the last one dies.

Next couple of episodes is going to be intense!!! I knew Ghiaccio has the same VA as Ryou from Shokugeki no Souma. He literally sounds like Ryou, especially his screams and all.

Not sure what I feel about The Boss <spoiiler></spoiler> voice. I mean he is Kenshiro in the latest games (Ken's Rage 1/2, Jump Force). Wish they had the Kira VA from the games.

Fix your spoiler quote, just in case
SurafdFeb 17, 2019 1:22 AM
Feb 16, 2019 9:14 AM

Jul 2009
Surafd said:
SomaHeir said:

Not sure what I feel about The Boss <spoiiler>Diavolo</spoiler> voice. I mean he is Kenshiro in the latest games (Ken's Rage 1/2, Jump Force). Wish they had the Kira VA from the games.

Fix your spoiler quote, just in case

Thanks for the heads up
Feb 23, 2019 6:31 PM

May 2016
After a very exhilarating fight against Babyface, Giorno ended the Stand's brief but destructive streak with an explosive good time and finished Melone off right after the battle. He's very lucky compared to how his other teammates because he died a really quick and painless death as opposed to how each of them met their fates.

Using Moody Blues to access the next clue was a very awesome way to hide information but it sucks that Pericolo killed himself to erase all evidence and it's even more of a waste to see his death be in vain like that because the photo didn't burn entirely and was intact enough for Ghiacco to identify it anyway.

It's very ironic for La Squadra's resident hothead to be the owner of the coldest Stand in Italy. Despite getting angry at the most trivial of things, he's a cold and calculating madman who utilizes White Album to its grisliest. For a top secret operation, they're making quite the racket!

Mar 2, 2019 4:05 PM
Mar 2016
Danieruuuuu said:
Also, they made a really good job with his anger towards that "Venezia" thingy.

I actually live near Venice and that joke was so true. Also i loved how they described the road, its 100% realistic.
Mar 7, 2019 7:32 PM

Sep 2014
OverHeavenAZ said:
RoyLegacy said:

Tbh his role as the boss in the games wasn't anything special. He did much better with Kira and it would've been awkward to have two consecutive main villains with the same voice. So I don't think there is anything to be disappointed about.

Fair point but playing ASB so much has me iffy over all of the voice actor changes in general, not just this one. There hasn't been a bad change so far and I do prefer some of the anime picks over the game ones but ehh. Also I'm just a huge Morikawa fan and haven't cared much for Toshiyuki recently.
Mar 13, 2019 2:20 PM

Feb 2012
So does Mista spend the rest of the series without a pinky or does he get it reattached?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 14, 2019 10:09 AM

Oct 2018
Fortress_Maximus said:
So does Mista spend the rest of the series without a pinky or does he get it reattached?
You will find a question to that in a future episode
May 15, 2019 9:12 AM
Apr 2016
Well, Baby Face was weird, strong ability. Ice is Giorno's weakness it seems, damn.
May 24, 2019 3:36 AM

Oct 2013
A lot of things happened in this episode. I loved how it was filled with action. Clash between Melone's Baby Face and Giorno's Gold Experience was very interesting to watch, mostly because these Stands represented opposite abilities.

In my opinion Giorno was reckless about defeating Baby Face first. He couldn't know much about Stands' nature, but if we remember older D'Arby brother then we, as viewers, know that some Stands could have not return everything to normal after their user had been defeated. Giorno was lucky that by defeating Baby Face his friends automatically returned to normal.

White Ice is dangerous and its user seems to be a psycho. Cool. The fight with him was soo surrealistic and sometimes illogical, but in positive way. I would say it was bizarre. ;)

We could also see a glimpse of Boss' look and hmm... I expected him to look more like Kira to be honest, haha. Also, RIP Mr. Pericolo. :(
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.