Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 7, 2019 5:37 PM

Oct 2018
I think so far Dororo beats everything this season.

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari and Mob Psycho II would probably be tied for the second best.

But Dimension High School is obviously the worst.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 7, 2019 5:39 PM

May 2018
What about The Promised Neverland?
Feb 7, 2019 5:39 PM

Jul 2017
Same here Dororo is currently the best show this season imo
Feb 7, 2019 6:07 PM

Aug 2018
GoldenWind said:
What about The Promised Neverland?

The adaptation is lacking a lot. The original manga was more of a psychological battle while the anime is more of a predictable horror. I still love it and I'm sure you're sick of hearing this by now but I really think it isn't one of the best this season
Feb 7, 2019 6:23 PM
Jul 2018
Not including sequels, Dorororororo is easily AOTS and is probably going to take AOTY.
Feb 7, 2019 6:25 PM

Apr 2016
Dororo is far and away the best anime of the season. Especially after the recent episode.
Feb 7, 2019 6:27 PM

Jul 2015
My vote goes to MP100! Though Dororo is fantastic too!
Feb 7, 2019 6:34 PM

May 2015
I'm not gonna question Tezuka's works. I'm actually really happy that we're getting some old school representation to kick off this year.
Feb 7, 2019 6:34 PM

May 2013
Dororo > Mob > i don't care about any other anime in the season tbh
Feb 7, 2019 6:56 PM

Feb 2018
Mob , Dororo , Neverland and Kaguya-sama are all amazing but so far Mob100 is the one for me
Feb 7, 2019 6:57 PM

Oct 2010
Kaguya-sama > Dororo > Endro! > Doukyonin wa Hiza > Hulaing Babies > Neverland > Kemurikusa > Boogiepop > Ekoda-chan > Ueno-san = Shield Hero
Feb 7, 2019 7:05 PM
Jul 2018
I vote for Kaguya-sama for the time being. Wanted to say Dororo but I am still skeptical of it especially if it is 2-cour show.
Feb 7, 2019 7:08 PM

Sep 2018
1. Dororo
2. Boogiepop (why is no one talking abt it??)
3. Yakusoku no neverland

EIIER said:

Haven't watched this one but watashi ni tenshi ga maiorita is a serious contender here.

Most overrated this season is definitely the rising of the salt hero.
majiyabakuneFeb 7, 2019 7:12 PM
Feb 7, 2019 7:15 PM

May 2018
I drop Dororo, Promised Neverland and Boogiepop. Drop Mob Psycho since the first season. So from my watch list, it's Kaguya.
Feb 7, 2019 7:16 PM

Oct 2010
CapedBaldy-sama said:
2. Boogiepop (why is no one talking abt it??)

Well, I'm not entirely grabbed and it's kind of my fault since Boogiepop is the show I'm taking longer to catch up after not watching seasonal for an entire week (with tomorrow's episode, it will be 3 episodes I will need to watch)... I don't know, finding the mood for this show is complicated. Other than that, it's doing fine. Probably around a 7 to me, which is close to the 2000 version if a little lower. The ones I put above are mostly in the 8-9 range.
Feb 7, 2019 7:26 PM

Sep 2018
jal90 said:
CapedBaldy-sama said:

2000 version

I think this ones better than the 00 one...even tho the 2000 one had more 'mystery'.the character designs are much better in this version. Plus the op and ed themes are 🔥.

The ones I put above are mostly in the 8-9 range.

Hualing babies. Okay.
Feb 7, 2019 7:30 PM

Sep 2017
It'd have to be Dororo for me. The opening and the ending are both really good, especially the ending. For an anime that just started, I feel as if the episodes are getting better and better each time, and that doesn't usually happen.

Feb 2018
Gorochu said:
I drop Dororo, Promised Neverland and Boogiepop. Drop Mob Psycho since the first season. So from my watch list, it's Kaguya.

Damn i guess this season is not for you .

Nov 2011
I am not watching much (I usually wait for people reviews and overall score), but Dororo for me..
I decided to drop Mob after first season and marathoning Promised Neverland after it is end.. Shield Hero is full of stupid characters who acted just for the sake of plot, I can enjoy it if I don't think too much..
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Feb 7, 2019 7:37 PM

Nov 2011
Between Kaguya-sama and The Promised Neverland.

Shield Hero is overrated. Can't people see how terrible the writing is?

Feb 7, 2019 7:41 PM

Oct 2010
CapedBaldy-sama said:
jal90 said:

2000 version

I think this ones better than the 00 one...even tho the 2000 one had more 'mystery'.the character designs are much better in this version. Plus the op and ed themes are 🔥.

Uhm, I can see it growing to become better, but it's a weird comparison to make when one is finished and the other is still airing. I know about the extent of 2000 Boogiepop's qualities and style, the current series is still evolving and forming its ideas.

Agreed on the OP and ED.

CapedBaldy-sama said:

The ones I put above are mostly in the 8-9 range.

Hualing babies. Okay.

Yep, Hulaing Babies. It definitely deserves more attention because what it's doing is impressive. It's a very unconventional artstyle with a unique use of colouring and animation and overall great in visual expression. The story while tropey is funny and self-aware and it makes full use of its visual uniqueness for comedy and narrative.
Feb 7, 2019 7:44 PM
Jul 2015
It's between Kaguya sama and Mob Psycho 100 for me.
Feb 7, 2019 7:46 PM

Jan 2019
EIIER said:
I think so far Dororo beats everything this season.

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari and Mob Psycho II would probably be tied for the second best.

i totally agree with this, for op tho these 3 are great, especially dororo, and dont forgot how good tho kaguya sama op was

but i think kaguya sama can be top1 for this season, they got animators from shaft studio to working in this (kaguya sama) anime project and that was absolutly amazing.
cl_skinnyguyFeb 7, 2019 7:50 PM
Feb 7, 2019 7:51 PM

Aug 2018
Mob S2.
In only 5 episodes they have chopped a tree, worked the wood, made a table and then flipped said table.
There is just no way anything comes close to Mob. Altough i will admit that i havent watched Dororo because i keep telling myself that there is no way that is any good so i cant rule Dororo out.

I say that nothing comes close to Mob also because... you know everything in this current season is garbage.
Isekai self insert trash with a cute girl at his side to choke in his BIG number, hentai trash, whatever the hell Kageguiri is smoking and Kaguya sama a rom com and since i finished the Jitsu Wa manga i realized that there was no way any rom com would ever come close to it at least on this century.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Feb 7, 2019 7:58 PM

May 2018
My favorites at the moment are Dororo and Promised Neverland.
Kaguya Sama is good, but not great, and Shield Hero is about where I expected it (unlike GS, which was better than the source material at this point last season, IIRC). I find the fact that it's currently rated as a better series than Dororo to be laughable -- even if it's only by fractions of a point.
Harem is the opiate of the Anime fandom masses.
Feb 7, 2019 7:59 PM

Aug 2018
Kaguya-Sama is by my favorite anime this season(although, I haven’t watched Dororo yet.)
Feb 7, 2019 7:59 PM

Sep 2018
jal90 said:
CapedBaldy-sama said:

the character designs are much better in this version. Plus the op and ed themes are 🔥.

Uhm, I can see it growing to become better, but it's a weird comparison to make when one is finished and the other is still airing. I know about the extent of 2000 Boogiepop's qualities and style, the current series is still evolving and forming its ideas.

Well i meant the character design-- and the art-style-- even if the series is still airing i don't think they'll change it much during its run.
But i do get your point. It's just that to me everyone in the old version looked the same lol....which made it difficult to follow at times.
Feb 7, 2019 8:01 PM

Apr 2016
In my opinion, it would probably be Endro~.
Feb 7, 2019 8:04 PM

Aug 2014
Promised Neverland for sure for me.
Feb 7, 2019 8:09 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
1- Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensei-tachi no Renai Zunousen(Kaguya: Love is War)
2- Dororo
3- Yakusoku no Neverland(the Promised Neverland)

Honestly, Mob Psycho 100 II just hasn’t clicked in for me for some reason even though I really enjoyed the first season and Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari(Rising of the Shield Hero) has been so-so for me thus far, the poor writing and the shallow villains(and the other Heroes, especially Motoyasu) just keeps bothering me to no end.

Kakeguruixx has been really good too so far as well as Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue(My Roommate is a Cat). Boogiepop wa Warawnai is the kind of show that’s better off judging as a whole at the very end, but I can see it’s vast potential so hopefully it’ll deliver!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 7, 2019 8:21 PM

Jul 2016
Kaguya sama for me romcom anime of the season. Followed by TPN,MP100II,Dororo and Shield hero. This season is great start to 2019 imo.

Feb 7, 2019 8:23 PM

Aug 2017
definitely the promised neverland. this seasons been blessed, but that ones a potential 10/10 imo. its got such an interesting plot and its kept me on the edge of my seat which has previously been a rare thing for me in anime.

Feb 7, 2019 8:23 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
when you're the only person whos NOT on the train

feels bad man
Feb 7, 2019 8:45 PM

May 2018
BourBon-7so said:
Gorochu said:

Damn i guess this season is not for you .

I just drop anime easily. Just another usual season for me.
Feb 7, 2019 8:45 PM

Nov 2017
Yeah, so far I've been enjoying Dororo the most
Feb 7, 2019 8:49 PM

Apr 2018
1 promised neverlans
2 kaguya sama
3 shield hero

Planing to start dorroro today
Feb 7, 2019 9:00 PM

Sep 2016
Slime and watashi ni tenshi ga maiorita, a person of culture will appreciate these shows
Feb 7, 2019 9:01 PM

Jun 2013
Yup, it's Dororo for me as well. I'm also one of the 10 or so people who actually like W'z, and Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue has been treating me well too. I'm watching a couple of others, but nothing else is particularly good.
Feb 7, 2019 10:10 PM

Jul 2016
So far, Mob Psycho 100 II is the one I enjoy the most. Kakegurui×× has been interesting to watch too although it's still at 6/10 on my list.

Also, I still need to watch Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari and Gotoubun no Hanayome has me a bit interested as well.
Feb 7, 2019 11:22 PM

Jun 2017
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen

also Wataten is good
Feb 7, 2019 11:34 PM

Jun 2016
still thinking tate no yuusha the best this season
Feb 7, 2019 11:35 PM

Jul 2015
- Shield Hero
- Promised Neverland
- Dororo
- Mob Psycho 2

Can't decide between those four.

Feb 7, 2019 11:36 PM

Aug 2017
Run with the Wind is AOTS for both this and the previous season
Feb 7, 2019 11:41 PM

Jan 2018
I'm actually quite enjoying Dororo, Endro, and Boogiepop.
Feb 7, 2019 11:42 PM

Sep 2017
EngravedinDeath said:

Exactly.I cannot understand why it isn't popular.Everything from the soundtrack to the plot,characters,animation etc is just on a different level compared to other anime.
Feb 7, 2019 11:57 PM

May 2014
I think my favorite this season is Dororo. I like the characters and the storytelling. A Promised Neverland horror is getting kinda predictable, and Tate no yuusha MC still can't attack with the shield which is annoying, and for all the abuse he's gotten any normal human being would do something back to the people putting him down
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
Feb 8, 2019 12:05 AM

Oct 2018
I'm surprised people barely mentioned shield hero

I think that's the best of this season, and the hype is understandable , because it's unique and has a great story so far

And I can't see that controversy that people were expecting
It has a solid 8.5 score, which is pretty good, and it's getting more and more popular pretty fast

I think 2 more episodes(weeks) and it's gonna past SAO:Alicization and Tensei shitara Slime datta Ken too in the number of members

Of course since it's popular, there are plenty of people who start hating
for no reason, because their life is boring and need attention, but that's the case with every popular anime nowadays
-Aincrad-Feb 8, 2019 12:09 AM
Feb 8, 2019 12:06 AM

Aug 2017
SkydiverRed said:
EngravedinDeath said:

Exactly.I cannot understand why it isn't popular.Everything from the soundtrack to the plot,characters,animation etc is just on a different level compared to other anime.
The soundtrack is legitimately GOAT, no words about it...been hearing it nonstop for several weeks now and still gives me chills every time I hear it, And about people not noticing it, People only flock towards things other people mostly talk about, They're pointless when it comes to such discussions, where as I am a person who speaks nothing but facts, and I say Run with the wind is AOTS hands down.
Feb 8, 2019 12:18 AM

Nov 2018
im willing to hug anyone who says they like Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita
but

Tate no Yuusha defo has the most of my attention.
Mob Psycho 2 comes right behind that

Quintessential Quintuplets is lovely
Tenshi shitara slime datta ken is great
I already read Promised Neverland, but the anime is definitely pretty predictable even if I hadn't already read it. The first arc in the manga was definitely my favorite psychological horror part to the story, but the anime isn't capturing it as I'd hope it would.

There are some shows I haven't managed to get to. Dororo, Kaguya-sama, Boogiepop (I tried keeping up with it, but it's not suited to be a weekly show-- I'll be watching it when it finishes), or the incest/teacher hentai show.

There's something I almost forgot about. Dimension High School worst anime? How could you even believe such a thing? Have you not watched Kemurikusa?! it's the greatest worst show you could ever watch!
also watch To Love Ru
Feb 8, 2019 12:21 AM

Apr 2018
Shield Hero is gonna be my pick for the #1 spot of this season.
Mob psycho 100 s2 is not that far away tho
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 6 hours ago

20 by Jellybeanx »»
5 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 7 hours ago

24 by WaffleMaster89 »»
10 minutes ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - 9 hours ago

7 by Zarutaku »»
10 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - Yesterday

45 by Ratris_Decision »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - 4 hours ago

8 by Zarutaku »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.