Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 7, 2019 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
With the trust issues growing, I see they're even more cautious than before. First half of the episode had a lot of psychology and even Ray feels a lot of anxiety but he does confess about being "mama's spy". He's kinda on his own side though (neither enemy or ally)

Norman's nightmare was freaky but he seems to be able to keep it together. Pretty much another buildup episode for the kids to plan for their escape.
Stark700Feb 7, 2019 9:48 AM
Feb 7, 2019 10:03 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Wow these episodes feel so quick paced despite most of them being talking and deliberating on what moves to plan next. I'm still quite worried on how we're almost halfway through and so much information still hasn't been adapted into the anime but nonetheless I'm biding my time.

Especially like to note the music played in the last section of Ray leaving Norman was really good. Best fitting music for a while now.
Feb 7, 2019 10:15 AM

Jun 2015
The faces Ray was making when he was talking to Norman were really stupid and it ruined the whole scene for me.
Feb 7, 2019 10:17 AM

Mar 2017
My heart was just shattered this episode! Ray, u have broken my heart! There's no way i could leave him there but i would never trust him again. The story telling of this anime is so amazing that i feels like it's been WAAAAY more than 5 episodes!
Feb 7, 2019 10:25 AM
Feb 2015
BlackstarFallen said:
The faces Ray was making when he was talking to Norman were really stupid and it ruined the whole scene for me.
it was like that in the manga too. and i really dont understand why it seemed stupid to you
Feb 7, 2019 10:31 AM
Oct 2018
The hell, they removed flashback scenes in this episode, seeing 6 years old Ray making deal with Mama was the best part in the manga
Feb 7, 2019 10:38 AM

Jul 2017
I can't belive they're leaving out so much stuff, and the pacing is too fast. Does the CGI bother anyone else?
Feb 7, 2019 10:38 AM

Jul 2017
TG_Rising said:
BlackstarFallen said:
it was like that in the manga too. and i really dont understand why it seemed stupid to you
no they were way better in the manga in my opinion, they had more fit to them.. it's hard to adapt expressions like that in anime where there are moving frames
Feb 7, 2019 10:43 AM

Aug 2017
So, Ray is a good guy or not? Oh, that's a dumb move by Don and Gilda.

The episode felt short lmao.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Feb 7, 2019 10:44 AM

Jan 2015
Gotta be honest, this works better as a manga. And I’m not talking about them skipping stuff or whatever. The mood, the vibe, the atmosphere, the anime itself just fits better as a manga

Not saying by any means that this is bad, still a very good mystery series, but you know, this doesn’t feel right for some reasons
XenocrisiFeb 7, 2019 2:37 PM
Feb 7, 2019 10:44 AM

Jun 2011
Nurguburu said:
So, Ray is a good guy or not?

The episode felt short lmao.

Feb 7, 2019 10:54 AM

Apr 2016
Not even a manga reader and I felt like something was being left out
Feb 7, 2019 10:54 AM

Aug 2013
The episode went by so quickly.

I am surprised Ray had the mental strength to volunteer being a spy and secretly obtain information. He was only like 5 when he found out the house's secret.

Don and Gilda trying to get in the secret room is really stupid. I hate that cliffhanger at the end.

TG_Rising said:
BlackstarFallen said:

Does the fact that it happened in the manga makes it not stupid? I also found Ray's face to be over-exaggerated, screaming "hey look I am a crazy person making a crazy face in a horror story!"
Feb 7, 2019 10:56 AM

Jul 2015
Damn.. this episode was intense... now i finally understand why Ray looks like that.. all tensed up.. he has been seeing his siblings being sent to death for 6 years now..
and damn.. Emma noticed every thing and probably realizes Ray true intentions..
loved Norman dreams.. his overthinking made him have a nightmare..
they all are freaking Ligh Yagami..
seriously.. this anime will kill me with suspense soon..
i'm loving this anime so much that i can barely stop myself from reading the manga..
dunno how the manga was.. but the anime is going extremely well and actually delivers justice to the suspense, horror genre!
Feb 7, 2019 11:02 AM

Jan 2017
Ray being actually logical with bargaining not to take everyone, I can't even imagine lugging all those tiny kids in a place you have no idea, or information about with someone chasing after you. Even somehow making them come without their Mama seems far fetched to me, at least one would start screaming for her for sure. Hopefully that dream will make Norman realise it a bit too.
Feb 7, 2019 11:05 AM

Sep 2018
That was 21 minutes?!

Damn it flew by way too quickly. I'm terrified and outraged.
Feb 7, 2019 11:10 AM

Feb 2014
Don is letting his temper get the better of him. He's just too desperate to find the answer and Gilda goes along with him to try and access the secret door, but they find out that it's locked. We'll have to wait until next week to find out the person who opened the door. Could it be Isabella? Krone? Or someone else...

The third of this episode's duration was focused on Norman and Ray's rather intense talk. Norman was spot on with Ray being a traitor and that he's been working as a spy for Isabella for six years, but he's willing to work with Norman and Emma as he wants to escape as well. His expressions during their chat was obviously exaggerated, but I honestly like that approach as it does, in a way, match the vocal tone that he uses with each expression as he made his point to Norman. It only adds to the suspense and intensity of this show and I'm satisfied with that.

The episode felt like it went by quicker than normal, but it was still great regardless. Now the wait begins for the next episode... =3
Feb 7, 2019 11:12 AM

Nov 2016
I'm still enjoying this adptation a lot, but there was one scene I wish they would've included.

Don and Gilda are in for a big surprise. Really looking forward to the stuff that is about to go down.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 7, 2019 11:18 AM

Mar 2017
So Ray knew all this from the beginning and he was the one who set up all these events. For some reason Ray is too fixated on saving Norman and Emma even if he needs to sacrifice others.
And these cliffhanger endings every week.
Feb 7, 2019 11:19 AM

Mar 2016
Again, stuff felt left out like helpful backstory via flashbacks and stuff.

Still a fun episode, though. Really not sure whether or not to continuing to trust Ray, though manga readers already know the truth (grrrr).
Feb 7, 2019 11:25 AM

Sep 2018
Damn Ray planning prison break for years , i liked him from the very start but now i freaking love him!
FarmaceutFeb 7, 2019 1:55 PM
well that's just my opinion.....
Feb 7, 2019 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
Don is a dumbass, but I kinda feel like Ray and Norman knew he would go in there and let him do it to see what happens.
Should have told him Conny and everyone's dead.
Feb 7, 2019 11:37 AM

Jun 2014
I liked the revelations this episode regarding Ray and his position as Mama's spy.

Of course Don the hothead would let his emotions get the best of him, leading to what we saw in that last scene. Lets hope Mama isnt the one on the other side of the door.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 7, 2019 11:49 AM

Jul 2015
well they might pay a price for not telling them that conny is dead tho

Well...
Feb 7, 2019 11:49 AM

Apr 2018
I like the ending in the end. Can't wait until next week to find out who comes from the door.
Feb 7, 2019 11:50 AM

Apr 2015
I liked the first half but the second half with Don is just meh to be honest.

It's annoying how characters like these get away with this and being way too reckless.

I am not saying the series is bad by any means, it is just the first episode I felt like it was a bit slow.
Feb 7, 2019 11:51 AM

Apr 2018
Loathsome said:
well they might pay a price for not telling them that conny is dead tho
I can imagine his reaction when he finds out the truth. It's not going to be pretty.
Feb 7, 2019 11:52 AM

Jul 2015
The episode went by a little too fast.
It's sad they they didn't flash back to 6 year old Ray when he made the deal with Mom.
Some other aspects are missing such as ****** and ****** but am going with the flow to see how they go with this.
Feb 7, 2019 11:53 AM

Apr 2018
thebrentinator24 said:
I liked the revelations this episode regarding Ray and his position as Mama's spy.

Of course Don the hothead would let his emotions get the best of him, leading to what we saw in that last scene. Lets hope Mama isnt the one on the other side of the door.
I am expecting Ray to come out of that door and scold them for not listening to his warning.
Feb 7, 2019 12:05 PM

Nov 2014

Damn that's harsh

Overall a very normally done episode with none of the helpful flashbacks as shown in the manga to help us further understand the situation. Man what else did i expect?

At least they captured Emma and Ray's creepy expressions correctly.

Also the trick to move that bookshelf could have been shown better like in the manga, i still don't get what Gilda mean by the shapes
Feb 7, 2019 12:07 PM
Nov 2018
So Ray is the biggest enemy/ally or threat after all.
At first, I thought Norman will be the ruthless one in the their group judging by his appearance and intelligence.
But the emo guy's expressions suddenly changed into evil expressions and all of it. It's quite an impressive scene. But I can certainly say that emma will be the scariest one in this series when it comes to everyone's life, and the right and wrong doing things, Time passed so fast. Such an interesting episode again.

Yasuhiro-Feb 7, 2019 12:47 PM

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Feb 7, 2019 12:07 PM

Nov 2014
Stark700 said:
With the trust issues growing, I see they're even more cautious than before. First half of the episode had a lot of psychology and even Ray feels a lot of anxiety but he does confess about being "mama's spy". He's kinda on his own side though (neither enemy or ally)

That's the problem here. Ray is on their side, but without the flashbacks it's hard to tell just how much work he had put into gathering information for all these years.
Feb 7, 2019 12:14 PM

Nov 2014
UkRs said:
i'm loving this anime so much that i can barely stop myself from reading the manga..
dunno how the manga was.. but the anime is going extremely well and actually delivers justice to the suspense, horror genre!

U should deffo read the manga when the anime is over cuz this adaptation left out a LOT of important information.
Feb 7, 2019 12:18 PM

May 2018
Ray is still playing you Norman, even thought he has come clean about spying on you, he hasn't told you everything.......................no spoilers around here, so you trolls don't need to flatter yourselves.
Feb 7, 2019 12:19 PM

Jan 2017
Good episode BUT WHY ARE THEY STILL SAYING THEIR PLANS LOUDLY.

PS: If you are a manga reader then please wait until the adaptation is over before judging it cause they might show some of the "deleted scenes" later. also don't ruin every thread with your bitching and moaning. no one cares as long as the actual show is entertaining.
Feb 7, 2019 12:23 PM
Apr 2016
Great episode. A lot happened, big cliffhanger, but I suspect that Norman figured out what those idiots are doing, and so enters the room to stop them. Can't wait for the next episode, this one felt short as heck...
Feb 7, 2019 12:24 PM

Jul 2015
Don and Gilda are not mature enough like Norman, Ray, and Emma. I'm still think that telling the secret to them is a mistake but I hope I am wrong.
Feb 7, 2019 12:36 PM

Aug 2016
Cliffhangers are getting harder every week, it's difficult to resist the manga at this point...

I expect them to have laid a "trap" for Don in some kind of way though. The whole way that Norman and the others framed this situation, including telling Don to leave early after telling him about the secret room and not to go there is like an invitation for him to go by himself. I wouldn't be surprised if this was some way for them to test Don's ability to stick to plans.
Feb 7, 2019 12:40 PM

Jun 2009
nothing noteworthy happened in the last 2 episodes except revealing that ray is a double agent...something needs to happen in this anime already!
Feb 7, 2019 12:42 PM
Apr 2015
from what i see from eps 1 until now
there no flash back, and i'm not disappointed about it.
cause i know, human cannot make something absolute perfect like manga reader hope. I thought the studio had told the author that the eps would be released like this, and they asked the author: is this good or needs to be added?
So if the author think that good, so be it. I'm manga reader too, but i not disappointed because that's reality about adaptation.
Feb 7, 2019 12:43 PM
Feb 2015
This episode has so much thing left behind. Man, such a good series, that could be even better. I strongly suggest to read the manga at the same pace, anime is currently at chapter 17.
Feb 7, 2019 12:48 PM

Mar 2016
I have not read the manga for this, but I feel like they cut out a lot of things.

The exaggerated facial expressions look really off when they are placed in colourful children. The lighting and camera angles don't really help.

Will we ever find out how Ray learnt about the monsters? It doesn't look like they intend to tell us in the anime.

This anime isn't scary at all. It doesn't trigger my fight or flight response. Still, there is a chance they can do something like Shiki, so I will keep watching. It's not like I am not liking it so far, but I am just doubtful about the story as it is from a JUMP manga.
Feb 7, 2019 1:01 PM

Feb 2016
Hmmm, I'll have to agree that this works better as a manga instead of Anime like @Xenocrisi says. There are some highs about it being animated like hearing the voices of the characters and the backgrounds are really great, but if they are going to leave out a lot of details behind they shouldn't really have bothered in the first place. 12 episodes is way too short for the whole escape arc imo.

Cyborg_Icarus29 said:

PS: If you are a manga reader then please wait until the adaptation is over before judging it cause they might show some of the "deleted scenes" later. also don't ruin every thread with your bitching and moaning. no one cares as long as the actual show is entertaining.

OH BOO HOO!

We all have our right to share our thoughts about it, just because there is some negative feedback doesn't entirely mean we are wrong. These "deleted scenes" wouldn't make sense later in the anime, as most of them are inner monologues that added a lot of value to what is shown at that specific moment. Yes, they might add the skipped content that aren't inner monologues, but its very unlikely, and if they do, it might not hold the same impact it did on the manga.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Feb 7, 2019 1:01 PM
Apr 2018
Did they skip the scene where Don snatched the keys from Mama? Also the 6 year old Ray making a deal with Mama. And I feel like the face/expression isn't natural. I don't know. It's just bothering me. I don't like how they animate it, it feels forced.
Feb 7, 2019 1:07 PM
Apr 2018
FuMomo-kun said:
The exaggerated facial expressions look really off when they are placed in colourful children. The lighting and camera angles don't really help.

That exaggerated facial expression actually worked well in the manga. It came off naturally. They just didn't do good here in the anime. It was poorly handled. Feels forced.
Feb 7, 2019 1:10 PM

Sep 2009
Don is such a dumbass omg.
Worst character atm xD

Feb 7, 2019 1:11 PM

Jul 2012
I was facepalming the whole time after Don left the room. If they don't get caught now, his impulsiveness will definitely still be a liability down the line.

Seems like a lot of mind games will be played between Norman, Ray, and Mom. Norman definitely still wants to take everyone with them, and probably thinks he can outsmart Ray and deceive him. I wonder how he'll do it though...
Feb 7, 2019 1:19 PM

Feb 2018
BenSpeirs said:
That was 21 minutes?!

I had that reaction too. That's how you know you're immersed in a great show :)
Feb 7, 2019 1:25 PM

May 2018
praisethevillain said:
BenSpeirs said:
That was 21 minutes?!

I had that reaction too. That's how you know you're immersed in a great show :)

That's strange, I felt it was a pretty long episode
Feb 7, 2019 1:26 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To think that Ray really was the spy though. But Norman's way of dealing with this situation sure was impressive for someone his age. If anything Ray's own prep was even more extensive than But man Ray's ambition really was something. Emma's reaction to Ray's confession sure was amusing. Its nice seeing the team not only expand their strength but also begin working to find clues. Guess Don was just too hot headed after all. Curious to see what they found in that room though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.