Forum Settings
Forums

When you fall in love with an anime Character

New
Do you have a real crush on an anime character?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 7, 2019 11:42 AM

Mar 2017
Falling in love with an anime character? Looks like someones never gonna get laid lmfao. That's the most pathetic shit I've ever heard.
Feb 7, 2019 12:08 PM

Dec 2013
When I was around 13 I had a crush on Kenshin. You know, the same way how teenagers crush on idols. It was more than 10 years ago though.
Feb 7, 2019 3:09 PM

Feb 2008
Been in love with best girl for a decade now and it's not about to change any time soon.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Feb 7, 2019 4:45 PM

Sep 2018
I have so many!
1. Ryoma in Prince of Tennis (my first love) - way back when I was in grade 4 ?
2. Hasebe in Servant x Service (gentleman but he don't know he is)
3. Yato in Noragami (so funny)
4. Light in Death Note (so smart!)
5. Hirotaka in Wotakoi (otaku boy <3)
6. Tsuyoshi in Rainbow Days (otaku boy and a serious guy)
7. Hiramasa in The Full-Time Wife Escapist (we have same attitude :D)

yeah, I'm a MOJYO :D
erenmeiiFeb 7, 2019 5:53 PM
Feb 7, 2019 4:56 PM
Jul 2018
The majority of my favorite characters are female because I really like badass female characters (even more than badass males) but I don't think I'm in love with any of them because they are just fictional characters after all. I like everything about them tho.
Feb 7, 2019 5:13 PM
Jul 2018
DaCraziGuy said:
I'm not sure if I got right what you said so just in case I'm going to say exactly some of my thoughs.

1 - The topic was talking about "crush/love" towards a fictional character to the same lenght than towards a real person, so I only spoke about that point and I think it is in a romantic/sexual way, I never talked about other feelings than love (except a couple of times were the other people tried to use those other points).

2 - I think it's fine to have some kind of feeling towards a character, that is the whole point of a story imo. What it is wrong is loving them, because love is a strong feeling.

3 - IF you love a character it's because you are kinda insane/lonely OR l,ike you said, they never felt true love.

4 - For true love you need a relationship, because knowing someone is just a small piece of the whole. If there is no connection with someone you can't be in love with them, or at least you shouldn't. And I really think that lack of experience or interaction can make someone believe that with a one sided "connection" you can love someone.

5 - When I talk about relationship it's just about interacting with someone, not dating. You can be really in love with someone you know (knowing them and interacting is what is important) without dating.

I just said all this because I wasn't sure what you were trying to say in a couple of points and I wasn't sure if you were agreeing or disagreeing, or a mix of both, lol.

Ah sorry, I added the argument about the platonic love, because @Manaban talked about it before. So I thought it's nice to add it too.

As long as you don't mean a relationship as a romantic one, I absolutely agree, because sometimes they just don't work out, but you still love them.
And for real people: You couldn't know so much about people anyway, if you never or rarely interact with them. So that goes hand in hand.
Feb 7, 2019 5:35 PM

May 2013
Buen tema como siempre tlato <3.
I have never fell in love with an anime girl :>
Feb 7, 2019 6:38 PM

Oct 2018
I do occasionally fall for characters every now and then, but the most you'll see out of me is a bunch of doodles depicting said character in any of my sketchbooks. maybe a twitter set or two, but that's it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2019 7:22 PM

Jan 2019
had one, never change.. senjougahara hitage from monogatari series. close one i think kanbaru suruga.
Feb 7, 2019 8:29 PM

Aug 2018
Maneki-Mew said:
DaCraziGuy said:
I'm not sure if I got right what you said so just in case I'm going to say exactly some of my thoughs.

1 - The topic was talking about "crush/love" towards a fictional character to the same lenght than towards a real person, so I only spoke about that point and I think it is in a romantic/sexual way, I never talked about other feelings than love (except a couple of times were the other people tried to use those other points).

2 - I think it's fine to have some kind of feeling towards a character, that is the whole point of a story imo. What it is wrong is loving them, because love is a strong feeling.

3 - IF you love a character it's because you are kinda insane/lonely OR l,ike you said, they never felt true love.

4 - For true love you need a relationship, because knowing someone is just a small piece of the whole. If there is no connection with someone you can't be in love with them, or at least you shouldn't. And I really think that lack of experience or interaction can make someone believe that with a one sided "connection" you can love someone.

5 - When I talk about relationship it's just about interacting with someone, not dating. You can be really in love with someone you know (knowing them and interacting is what is important) without dating.

I just said all this because I wasn't sure what you were trying to say in a couple of points and I wasn't sure if you were agreeing or disagreeing, or a mix of both, lol.

Ah sorry, I added the argument about the platonic love, because @Manaban talked about it before. So I thought it's nice to add it too.

As long as you don't mean a relationship as a romantic one, I absolutely agree, because sometimes they just don't work out, but you still love them.
And for real people: You couldn't know so much about people anyway, if you never or rarely interact with them. So that goes hand in hand.

The thing that I find about platonic love is that it can be deeper than a romantic one, so actually I think that it also should be impossible to feel that kind of love. The unrequited love idea that most people relate to platonic love is actually a "massive misunderstanding" and it's actually closer to feel romantic love in a non-sexual way(this is kinda the short version, it doesn't need to be romantic tho).

I have a 2 waifus (Belldandy is the important one) despite all the things so I know that you can feel attached to a character and have something similar to "love", but it's not love for me.

But who knows, maybe I'm putting love in a pedestal so that is why I can't understand what other people thinks that loves is hahaha. I still prefer my version tho, love is something special that you only feel with your family and a couple of other people that are close to you. Being interested or liking someone is not in the same level as love imo.
Feb 7, 2019 8:35 PM
Sep 2009
no, but it would be nice to be friends with them lol
I think they would be nice to be around.
Feb 7, 2019 9:00 PM

Aug 2017
lol i think i might have had a couple or maybe even still do. i feel kinda pathetic to admit it, but its probably bc i dont have much contact with irl people. not enough to develop a real crush. and also maybe because having a crush on a character is safer because they can't reject you or hurt you personally.

Feb 7, 2019 9:14 PM

Nov 2011
Yes and it have been going for years.

Feb 7, 2019 10:40 PM

Feb 2013
Are you trying to tell me that isn't normal?
Feb 8, 2019 12:08 AM

Aug 2014
love? nah fam more like a rub out season

Feb 8, 2019 2:32 AM

Dec 2009
i've had crushes, a few times actually, and usually regarding teacher characters.
There is absolutely no reason why I should accept "turn your brain off" as a valid excuse to defend a poor show.

~

blatant ad: https://myanimelist.net/blog/Crusader_8 I spend the time to write it, so please read it lol
Feb 8, 2019 2:43 AM

May 2018
Never. I'm not an otaku jerk. And waifu shit is cancer :)

Feb 8, 2019 2:57 AM

Apr 2017
Ughh, that's hard... I had a crush on two 3D girls in my entire life but I consider those to be weak feelings, not talking that one of them is actually a ... that I had a "crush" on out of hormonal impulse... We

My feelings for my favourite female characters are not like that, I absolutely love them, but I can't compare it to the "real thing"... More so for the top 3 that you can see on my profile

『 The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? 』

Feb 8, 2019 3:06 AM

Feb 2017
if youre saying youve never laid awake at night thinking about your favorite character you a fake bitch
Feb 8, 2019 3:13 AM

Mar 2015
I used to have crushes on anime characters all the time, some even at the point of obsession. I've grown out of it tho and now I only crush on literature characters from the 19th century.
Feb 8, 2019 4:35 AM
Jul 2018
It's completely fine, they just live in the 2D world, that's all
Feb 8, 2019 5:16 AM

May 2016
there's not a single female anime character i actually liked to date
Feb 8, 2019 5:27 AM

Apr 2012
I love Non Non Biyori characters as a family.
にゃす!
Feb 8, 2019 5:53 AM
Jul 2018
I fall in love every week, haven't found the 2D girl worth settling and adopting a 2D child for, yet.
Feb 8, 2019 7:17 AM
Jul 2018
DaCraziGuy said:
Maneki-Mew said:

The thing that I find about platonic love is that it can be deeper than a romantic one, so actually I think that it also should be impossible to feel that kind of love. The unrequited love idea that most people relate to platonic love is actually a "massive misunderstanding" and it's actually closer to feel romantic love in a non-sexual way(this is kinda the short version, it doesn't need to be romantic tho).

I have a 2 waifus (Belldandy is the important one) despite all the things so I know that you can feel attached to a character and have something similar to "love", but it's not love for me.

Well, you should feel both, I think?

Btw. Megami-sama is like the only harem, which looks pretty good / interesting, just judging from the cover, because it doesn't have these moe-girls and designs I have seen so many times. They really look beautiful and uhm... classy. :D

DaCraziGuy said:
But who knows, maybe I'm putting love in a pedestal so that is why I can't understand what other people thinks that loves is hahaha. I still prefer my version tho, love is something special that you only feel with your family and a couple of other people that are close to you. Being interested or liking someone is not in the same level as love imo.

Tbh some of my family members are the part of the last people on earth I would. ^^"

Of course it's not the same thing.
Feb 8, 2019 9:10 AM

May 2014
The fact that more people voted "Yes" than "No" is concerning

No, I haven't ever fallen in love with a 2 dimensional animated character.
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
Feb 8, 2019 9:12 AM

Aug 2018
Maneki-Mew said:
Btw. Megami-sama is like the only harem, which looks pretty good / interesting, just judging from the cover, because it doesn't have these moe-girls and designs I have seen so many times. They really look beautiful and uhm... classy. :D

Hahaha ty, it's not very "harem focused" and the MC pretty much choose a girl. It is a pretty cute show imo :)

Tbh some of my family members are the part of the last people on earth I would. ^^"

Yeah, I kinda get it, I have 1 family member that I don't even like so that can happen. Besides, some really fked up thing may happen inside a family. It's not a 100% thing, but I think that in most cases people love their parents and family.
Feb 9, 2019 12:10 AM
Mar 2018
im gonna be the judgemental guy here and say what the fuck? how the hell do you fall in love with a cartoon character that isn't even physical nannnnniiiiiiiiiiiii wryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Feb 9, 2019 4:26 AM
Jul 2018
HotPocketChris said:
im gonna be the judgemental guy here and say what the fuck? how the hell do you fall in love with a cartoon character that isn't even physical nannnnniiiiiiiiiiiii wryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
even physical characters lol, how do ppl fall in love with just seeing them on screen, super weird
Feb 9, 2019 6:39 AM
Mar 2017
Well I do absolutely love Onodera, but idk about the crush-like symptoms tho...
That is pretty absurd
Feb 9, 2019 6:41 AM
Aug 2017
Ok, not possible for me. Not to that extent
Feb 9, 2019 7:01 AM

Jul 2017
I wouldn't say I have ever fallen in love with an anime character, but there are some characters that I like.
Feb 9, 2019 7:41 AM

Jan 2017
I've been in love with Emilia for two years. That's the longest I've been in love with any girl (both 2D and 3D)

EMT! <3

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Feb 9, 2019 8:36 AM
Sep 2018
i felt in love with a character when this one sacrifice her life to save the world and die.
ALL HAIL LELOUCH
ALL HAIL SIMON
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» What are your thoughts on harem anime? ( 1 2 )

BuddhaIsBetter - Apr 19

74 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
7 seconds ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

125 by FFandMMfan »»
5 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

205 by TheMinkalex »»
6 minutes ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Apr 23

26 by BatoKusanagi »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

33 by Maou_heika »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.