Forum Settings
Forums

Shounen Champion Announces 'Beastars', 'Mairimashita! Iruma-kun' TV Anime Adaptations

New
Feb 6, 2019 7:21 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

The tenth issue of this year's Shounen Champion magazine announced a TV anime adaptation each for Paru Itagaki's Beastars and Osamu Nishi's Mairimashita! Iruma-kun manga series on Thursday. The Beastars anime adaptation will be produced by animation studio Orange. The anime projects are celebrating the 50th anniversary of the magazine.

Synopsis (Beastars)
In a world populated by anthropomorphic animals, herbivores and carnivores coexist with each other. For the adolescents of Cherryton Academy, school life is filled with hope, romance, distrust, and uneasiness.

The main character is Regoshi the wolf, a member of the drama club. Despite his menacing appearance, he has a very gentle heart. Throughout most of his life, he has always been an object of fear and hatred by other animals, and he's been quite accustomed to that lifestyle. But soon, he finds himself becoming more involved with his fellow classmates who have their own share of insecurities and finds his life in school changing slowly. (Source: Batoto, edited)

Itagaki began serializing the psychological drama manga in Shounen Champion in September 2016, which has 11 volumes in print as of last November. Akita Shoten will publish the 12th compiled volume on Friday. VIZ Media licensed the manga in English and plans to release the first volume this July.

Beastars ranked second in the 2018 edition of Kono Manga ga Sugoi! among male readers, won the 11th Manga Taisho Awards and the 42nd Kodansha Manga Awards in the Shounen category, and received the New Work Prize at the 22nd Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize, as well as a New Face Award at the 21st Japan Media Arts Festival Awards.

PV

Official site: https://bst-anime.com/
Official Twitter: @bst_anime

Synopsis (Mairimashita! Iruma-kun)
Suzuki Iruma has been abandoned and sold to a demon by his irresponsible parents! Next thing he knows, he's living with the demon who has adopted him as his new grandson, and has been transferred into a school in the demon world where his new "demon" grandfather works as the principal. Thus begins the cowardly Iruma-kun's extraordinary school life among the otherworldly as he faces his true self, takes on challenges, and rises to become someone great. (Source: MU, edited)

The comedy fantasy manga has been serialized in Shounen Champion since March 2017. Akita Shoten published the eighth volume on November 8 last year, with the ninth volume planned for release on February 8.

Announcement

Source: Comic Natalie 1, Comic Natalie 2

Beastars & Mairimashita! Iruma-kun on MAL
VindstotMar 10, 2019 2:49 PM

Feb 6, 2019 7:24 AM

Jan 2009
the 3DCG looks good as expected of Orange studio, that studio and SANZIGEN are my favorite 3DCG studios at the moment
Feb 6, 2019 7:25 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Even if they did great with Houseki no Kuni, i wasn't sure about Orange doing Beastars but from the look of the teaser, seems like its in good hands.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Feb 6, 2019 7:33 AM

Jul 2017
Beastars looks really proimising imo, never heard of the manga, but by reading that synopsis and watching the pv, i'm really intrigued now! CG looks solid as well!

Mairimashita Iruma-kun seems like a chill comedy series involving demons and slice of life elements, yeah, why not? "Suzuki Iruma has been abandoned and sold to a demon by his irresponsible parents!" - this line, lmao x)

Looking forward to both of these.
WaterLordFeb 6, 2019 7:40 AM
Feb 6, 2019 7:54 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Looking forward to both of these adaptions! Studio Orange is one I haven’t heard of, but hopefully they’ll deliver the goods!

Particularly interested in Beastars but I’ll keep an eye on the other too. Beastars synopsis is really interesting too, highly looking forward to this!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 6, 2019 7:57 AM
Aug 2017
Good CG just like the land of the lustrous
Feb 6, 2019 8:01 AM

Feb 2017
The manga was interesting, can't wait for how adaptation will turns out
Feb 6, 2019 8:46 AM
Feb 2016
I was waiting for Beastars to be animated! My dreams came true! The manga is sooo good. I stopped reading halfway tho lol
Feb 6, 2019 9:02 AM

Mar 2015
both manga deserved them....

so, when we will got atsumare fushigi?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 6, 2019 9:06 AM

Jan 2015
Yeah but Houseki no Kuni S2 when, Orange studio
Feb 6, 2019 9:30 AM

Aug 2015
So happy to see iruma-kun getting adapted as anime,it's one of my recent favourite manga.

Also,looking forward to watching beasters,heard lot of good thing about the manga(maybe i should start reading it?)
Feb 6, 2019 9:34 AM

Jun 2015
I was really skeptical when I heard that Beastars was getting an adaptation, but after seeing it'll be done by Orange, I'm actually kinda relieved
Feb 6, 2019 9:44 AM

Apr 2016
When I think about the mental age of many anime fans and one defining behavior of one important character, we will get quite the shit fest with many hate posts.

I already feel sorry in advance.

They should give a warning : it's more for open-minded, tolerant adults than for kids.
Feb 6, 2019 9:56 AM

Jul 2016
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
When I think about the mental age of many anime fans and one defining behavior of one important character, we will get quite the shit fest with many hate posts.

They should give a warning : it's more for open-minded, tolerant adults than for kids.

Which series are you talking about? Beastars?
Feb 6, 2019 10:09 AM
Jul 2018
Good for the fans but for me they are really uninteresting. A shame that we don't get a second season of Houseki no Kuni instead of this.
Feb 6, 2019 10:16 AM

Apr 2016
Zydeph said:
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

Which series are you talking about? Beastars?

Of course. If you read part of the manga, you should know why many teenagers or some intolerant young adults will hate one particularly nice character. Best not to spoil about it but it is as obvious as an elephant in the room.
Feb 6, 2019 11:16 AM

Jul 2017
That Beastars will be animated eventually was only a matter of time after all these awards. The choice for Orange and thus CGI seems to work pretty well, at least in this short teaser.
Feb 6, 2019 11:33 AM
Feb 2014
Beastars looks really unique, added it to my PTW, the other one i'm not sure about, will keep an eye on it though.
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Feb 6, 2019 2:06 PM

Sep 2008
Right in time when I thought about going back reading manga xD
Feb 6, 2019 2:06 PM

Aug 2017
Oh man I love the manga & with how far along it is, there are several perfect end points for the show.

Cmon Orange make another home-run.

Also please don't let Amazon take the rights to this show too.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Feb 6, 2019 2:43 PM

Jan 2011
Not too sure on that CGI for Beastars. It worked for Houseki no Kuni, but I'm a bit sceptical here.
Feb 6, 2019 6:04 PM

Oct 2018
Never read the manga, but am I right to assume, that this is basically furry JoJo?

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to studio Orange's work on this one.
Feb 6, 2019 10:46 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That synopsis and the genres has me very intrigued
Feb 7, 2019 2:14 AM

Mar 2016
MaceChan said:
Never read the manga, but am I right to assume, that this is basically furry JoJo?

Nevertheless, I am looking forward to studio Orange's work on this one.

It's basically zootopia not hiding how dark it would be in reality if there's an an advance society of animals.
Feb 7, 2019 6:14 AM

Jan 2016
Looking forward to Beastars.
Feb 8, 2019 3:42 AM

Mar 2014
"Not too sure on that CGI for Beastars" same here.
Feb 10, 2019 8:28 AM

Nov 2007
Posters of both series on the Japan station
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/319505
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 12, 2019 12:08 PM

Dec 2008
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

We can only hope a majority of okay-ish people will pick BEASTARS up and the brats and manchildren stay in their own lane with their harems and their blank-slate virgin otaku protagonists.
Feb 12, 2019 1:02 PM

Jul 2015
it's true that the female lead in Beastars had sex with random people? if yes i'll avoid
spoil me !
Feb 12, 2019 7:36 PM

Mar 2015
tragedydesu said:
it's true that the female lead in Beastars had sex with random people? if yes i'll avoid
spoil me !

"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Feb 13, 2019 12:09 AM

Jul 2015
@Kuma
Feb 13, 2019 1:07 AM

Mar 2015
tragedydesu said:
@Kuma

you are welcome. and yeah, this is not your typical series. it's psychological drama heavy.

More topics from this board

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

3 by eli_shmeli »»
3 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

9 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 10 hours ago

3 by JehadKun »»
7 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
8 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.