Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 5, 2019 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
why do guys talk like there are only boys in this site? btw I find anime boys attractive cause they are perfect
Feb 5, 2019 10:59 AM

Aug 2009
I think one Ben Yahtzee Croshaw said it best:

"Bosoms, melons, milk factories, busts, funbags, knockers, ballistics, boobies, jugs, nipples, jubblies, STONKING GREAT TITS!"

lavienker said:
why do guys talk like there are only boys in this site? btw I find anime boys attractive cause they are perfect

'Cause "there are no girls on the internet."

Feb 5, 2019 10:59 AM
Dec 2015
Hmmm.. there are a lot of Anime girls that I find super attractive. Don't really know the reason myself... But now that I think about it... Majority of my favourite Anime girls have personalities that are super rare to find in real girls. I mean, seriously... Finding someone with an awesome personality is like super rare... And that may be the reason... Cause I know that even if I do find someone like that, I'll try my best to get her the best...
What the hell am I even talking about?
To make it simple, I like Anime girls cause of their personalities and for knowing the fact that they will never be mine...
Feb 5, 2019 11:22 AM

May 2008
s-s-s said:
I've stared at them for a while now and came to the conclusion that these characters don't look human

THATS probably the reason why i i like anime girls

s-s-s said:
Take your best girl from any show and try to envision what she would look like in our reality. (of course there's cosplay for that) Would you still find them attractive?

no i wouldnt find her attractive simply cause im not into girls irl. like you've already said, anime characters dont look like real humans at all, thats why people who arent attracted to real girls can still find an anime girl hot, or people who arent attracted to real men can still find anime men attractive
you seem to find real girls attractive but yea for different reasons cause they dont look alike

i mean i think meruem from hxh is pretty attractive but im pretty sure thats only cause hes 2d, i cant imagine him being "real", i dont think i would still like him (lookwise)

idk theres no need to compare anime characters to humans
Feb 5, 2019 12:34 PM

Feb 2011
Maneki-Mew said:
ZaBici said:
+ @HopefulNihilist, @Maneki-Mew

I honestly don't think this is the case. Sure, those are factors, but those are gateway drugs.
Imagine a guy that has never in his life seen an anime, watches one of these anime chicks. Just a picture. Or multiple so long as they are only pictures. Does he feel the same attraction you do?

The only common denominator between your lvl of attraction and his, is indeed, most likely, perfect features hence why it's a gateway drug into what we appreciate as anime girls.

I think the actual desire is psychological, they are embodiment of a much deeper craving in each of us. @Loonitick comes close to the notion and @GalacticMagna explores a true reality which is, anime girls are most of the time written off by guys. They are male needs idealized in a cartoon.

Well, it depends on the person's personality and mindset, if they feel the same attraction?
People are attracted to book characters too and they are "just words".
It's their character and your image of them what makes them attractive.

As soon as a character is this much idealized, I won't like them anymore and I also won't find their appearance appealing anymore as well.

And no, you are wrong about that. Many aren't written by guys at all and there are a bunch of great female characters, who are actually written by guys and are not that idealized in some ways or similar. Or I rarely (in comparison) come across that.

It was more of a "everyone likes boobs" sort of idea. Or asses for the real gents. I used that to draw a line and split our mentality in two different groups: physical and psyche and later on I hinted that they are actually one and the same. Everything stems from the psyche. But what you and a random guy have in common, is your psyche's evolutionary response. ----- Boobs. ----- and asses, for the real gents.
I think people falling for book characters (even though I haven't actually witnessed this, so I'll take your word for it) is just attraction for personality. Which I didn't disagree with. I was going for the physical traits in your posts.

I mean... I might not be completely correct, but I'm pretty sure I'm much more on the right side.... heavily leaning on the right side. I don't have a statistic but I think 80% of mangakas, that have their shows serialized anyway, are men. And out of those, ecchi is probably close to 100% men. Sorry man, the chick you fell for, is most likely written by a dude.

HopefulNihilist said:
Are you saying part of the reason we find anime girls so attractive is their mouth shape? Interesting.
Mm, mm. Well... basically, anime girls are wicked representations of our traumas. And Japan is profiting off of it.

HopefulNihilist said:
I'm pretty sure 99% of fictional characters are idealized in some way. For as great as a character Holo from Spice and Wolf is, let's be real here, she's an idealization: she's very attractive, funny, charismatic, witty. Those are ideal traits.

And, a fox.
HopefulNihilist said:
Seriously?! I thought everyone found the characters in Clannad to be attractive. I didn't know it was divisive.
Yeah, no. They're the opposite. Gave that thing a 6 out of pity really.

lavienker said:

Guess who writes yaoi? Yup, 99% females.

Females are written by guys, males are written by girls and reality is breaking away. Japan is the revolution.
ZaBiciFeb 5, 2019 2:04 PM
Closer.
Feb 5, 2019 12:49 PM

Oct 2010
HopefulNihilist said:
jal90 said:
And I mean, it's not like it always works. Sometimes the idea of what's attractive for an author doesn't quite translate to the audience that well. That's how for instance the designs of Clannad are so divisive.

Seriously?! I thought everyone found the characters in Clannad to be attractive. I didn't know it was divisive.

It's like @Nanaya-kun says, those designs were very popular at the time, not so much now. They may still be liked by most people who watch the show. but there's a lot who complain about them.
Feb 5, 2019 1:18 PM

Jul 2016
DaCraziGuy said:
Because: huge rach + thicc thighs + round ass = win. Simple as that.

Classy_Cassy said:
Lol. But nothing can beat the company of a real female.

Yep, only virgins don't know that.

i disagree, 3D girls and relationships are overrated. u don't NEED to have a girlfriend or marry someone

whats so interesting about it anyway?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2019 1:27 PM

Jul 2016
Maneki-Mew said:
It's so cute how you guys come from the question "Why anime girls are attractive?" to the conclusion "because real ones are such meanies!" :( (exagerrated, but that's it what it sounds like)

pancake_monster said:
Even though it doesn't look realistic at all, the proportions are similar enough that our brains can still instinctually perceive it in the same way.

This.
Many are at least "realistic enough" to do that, both from personality and appearance, but I find the majority of them rather cute, sweet etc. and not attractive per se.
No wonder, because they are rather young and others have too big eyes.

These are attractive:

HopefulNihilist said:
I'm not claiming that ALL girls are impossible to socialize in real life. If I did, I was exaggerating.
I love women: they're sweet, talkative, and most of all they smile. But girls? Eh...
Even the girls whom I see that do smile seem very insincere. For example, there's this girl in my class who always smiles when I say hi to her and make small talk, but I never feel any sincerity from her smile.

At first you want people / girls to smile at you and then you complain that they are not sincere. Ofc they are not sincere and just polite to you, if they SHOULD smile. Even if you don't tell them to, their gut feelings recognize "I think, he wants me to smile".
That should come naturally and I rarely smile at people, when I'm not in the mood to either. Because ... why?
Real people are very, very rarely these carefree genki girls. Either they have worrying thoughts in their mind or they are simply tired. And even people, who seem to be these carefree genki girls, have other thoughts and moods too.

people don't have to smile, this dude's problem is clearly the fact that people put up a face in front of everyone

its a big problem really, there are 22 girls in my class in university. pretty much 3 or 4 of them are not assholes. i was in the class one day (i was early). 6 of them were together and were making fun of the other girls

most people in this thread are virgins but there are 2 types of people here:

1) people who think if they are good people, girls will be drawn to them and eventually they will find their true love and be happy

2) people who accept that reality is cruel and that MOST people just want to use u or make fun of u, so they settle down for a fictional character
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2019 1:29 PM

Jul 2016
Classy_Cassy said:

im really curios why u say that, i personally think a "real female" isn't really a big deal
Feb 5, 2019 1:36 PM

Jan 2019
I personally wanna get gangbanged by every anime character I think is attractive (regardless of gender) at once so yeah
Feb 5, 2019 2:40 PM
Jul 2018
necro_dancer said:
Maneki-Mew said:
It's so cute how you guys come from the question "Why anime girls are attractive?" to the conclusion "because real ones are such meanies!" :( (exagerrated, but that's it what it sounds like)

This.
Many are at least "realistic enough" to do that, both from personality and appearance, but I find the majority of them rather cute, sweet etc. and not attractive per se.
No wonder, because they are rather young and others have too big eyes.

These are attractive:

At first you want people / girls to smile at you and then you complain that they are not sincere. Ofc they are not sincere and just polite to you, if they SHOULD smile. Even if you don't tell them to, their gut feelings recognize "I think, he wants me to smile".
That should come naturally and I rarely smile at people, when I'm not in the mood to either. Because ... why?
Real people are very, very rarely these carefree genki girls. Either they have worrying thoughts in their mind or they are simply tired. And even people, who seem to be these carefree genki girls, have other thoughts and moods too.

people don't have to smile, this dude's problem is clearly the fact that people put up a face in front of everyone

its a big problem really, there are 22 girls in my class in university. pretty much 3 or 4 of them are not assholes. i was in the class one day (i was early). 6 of them were together and were making fun of the other girls

most people in this thread are virgins but there are 2 types of people here:

1) people who think if they are good people, girls will be drawn to them and eventually they will find their true love and be happy

2) people who accept that reality is cruel and that MOST people just want to use u or make fun of u, so they settle down for a fictional character

I have talked to women who smile when I talk to them. Sincere smiles. I have never met a woman who didn't smile sincerely to me.
But whenever I manage to talk to a girl (which is rare because we're constantly working in class), there's something...fake, about their "smile"; sometimes they start laughing hysterical out of nowhere, or their smile just doesn't seem real. Today was an exception though: I was having small talk with this girl I don't know very well, and her smile seemed sincere.
I'd rather someone not smile to me, then pretend to smile.
I'm not saying all girls have an insincere smile; I'm just saying from my experience many of them don't have a sincere smile.
That's a large part of why I'm far more attracted to anime girls than real girls.

Maneki-Mew said:
HopefulNihilist said:
I'm pretty sure 99% of fictional characters are idealized in some way. For as great as a character Holo from Spice and Wolf is, let's be real here, she's an idealization: she's very attractive, funny, charismatic, witty. Those are ideal traits.

You are not wrong and they are fictional, so they are automatically a little bit idealized and not realistic, because of the artistic take on them. Real people are complex (yes, all of them, because of their brain physiology alone), but they "just exist", because they were born at one point. Fictional characters normally exist in their work for a special purpose.
But I speak of the Waifu-culture and the habit of choosing perfect characters or making them perfect in their mind.

I think the simplicity of anime girls also helps make them attractive. Think about it: with actual girls, you don't know everything about them: their flaws, their insecurities, their dislikes. But with anime girls, you know EVERYTHING about them.

jal90 said:
HopefulNihilist said:

It's like @Nanaya-kun says, those designs were very popular at the time, not so much now. They may still be liked by most people who watch the show. but there's a lot who complain about them.

I don't understand. The designs in Clannad don't look that much different from anime designs today.
Feb 5, 2019 4:12 PM

Apr 2017
Probably because of how pretty they look. Like I can look at a whole entire stack of anime girl pictures and possibly consider them all beautiful girls. Among the sea of anime girls, there's going to be one that you will find special.
Feb 5, 2019 4:16 PM

Oct 2017
Paper-kun said:
Anime girls are attractive because they dial up all the factors we find cute in 3D girls to 11. Larger eyes, clear/unblemished skin, long legs, skinny, cute, nice voices, etc. On top of accentuating all the aspects that determine attractiveness, anime girls act in a way that makes them endearing to us, depending on our tastes (genki girl, tsundere, etc.)

Very true, couldn't have said it any better.
Feb 5, 2019 5:35 PM

Oct 2010
HopefulNihilist said:
I don't understand. The designs in Clannad don't look that much different from anime designs today.

They look different enough since they have a very distinct face structure with how their eyes are placed.
Feb 5, 2019 5:36 PM
Jul 2018
jal90 said:
HopefulNihilist said:

They look different enough since they have a very distinct face structure with how their eyes are placed.

Really? Could you be more specific?
Feb 5, 2019 5:50 PM

Aug 2018
necro_dancer said:
DaCraziGuy said:
Because: huge rach + thicc thighs + round ass = win. Simple as that.

Yep, only virgins don't know that.

i disagree, 3D girls and relationships are overrated. u don't NEED to have a girlfriend or marry someone

whats so interesting about it anyway?

You can fuck them, that is a huge difference. Besides, you don't need to be in a relationship to enjoy those pleasures, no need to marry them or date them (tho if you do that you are missing some things too).
Feb 5, 2019 5:52 PM

Oct 2010
HopefulNihilist said:
jal90 said:

The position of the eyes is almost at the same height as the nose, and they have a wider separation than usual. May look subtle, but it actually affects the entire face anatomy and how it looks.
Feb 5, 2019 5:53 PM

Jul 2015
HopefulNihilist said:
jal90 said:

Here, Deathko will be very specific:
Feb 5, 2019 7:20 PM

Jul 2015
ZaBici said:
Paper-kun said:
Anime girls are attractive because they dial up all the factors we find cute in 3D girls to 11. Larger eyes, clear/unblemished skin, long legs, skinny, cute, nice voices, etc. On top of accentuating all the aspects that determine attractiveness, anime girls act in a way that makes them endearing to us, depending on our tastes (genki girl, tsundere, etc.)
existentialist said:

And to add on to that, the extreme hip-to-waist ratio, the perfect hour glass look.

It's all about manipulation of our evolutionary impulses to make anime girls look impossibly fertile, healthy, and desirable.

I honestly don't think this is the case. Sure, those are factors, but those are gateway drugs.
Imagine a guy that has never in his life seen an anime, watches one of these anime chicks. Just a picture. Or multiple so long as they are only pictures. Does he feel the same attraction you do?

The only common denominator between your lvl of attraction and his, is indeed, most likely, perfect features hence why it's a gateway drug into what we appreciate as anime girls.

I think the actual desire is psychological, they are embodiment of a much deeper craving in each of us. @Loonitick comes close to the notion and @GalacticMagna explores a true reality which is, anime girls are most of the time written off by guys. They are male needs idealized in a cartoon.
The particular needs anime girls fill, seem to be, as @DarkestDreaming very nicely pointed out, the need to be accepted or as he said it, the need to not be rejected. Let's take a look at a key feature of anime girls, that everyone seems to omit; From the "it's all about the exaggerated features" to what @HopefulNihilist just barely touched on with his "resting bitch face". The mouth! ----- Surely some big luscious lips would be a great feature, right?
But it's small, it's a diminutive.

When you're young and parents talk to you the thing you focus on is, the mouth. Because it's moving. It sticks with us until adolescence; or at least I remember it did for me, when interviews underlined the importance of eye contact.
The mouth, in your youth, is the key feature that can bring both happiness but key-ly here, also a lot of shame and repressed feelings. It's the feature that rejected you the first time. It's the feature that mocked you. It's the combined feature of all the girls that looked down on you.

Anime girls are not characterized by physical objects of attraction, or at least, that's not the way to look at it. It's a shape for your psyche's .... can't find a word here, someone help me out? And boobs, ass, shape are all, after all also, your psyche's.... srsly what's the word.

I think you get what I'm saying at this point so I won't beat it anymore.

Next case Watson!

L.E. EVOLUTIONARY RESPONSE! It's a shape for your psyche's evolutionary response.

You seem to be doing a lot of armchair Freudian psychologizing. While all you're saying sounds nice, it doesn't have any mechanistic explanations or empirical evidence to support it. Whereas the evolutionary psychological perspectives have loads of evidence suggesting the reasons why we like the female proportions that we do. This has been know for ages in advertising, which is why women are edited to have features which attract sexual interest.

Of course our cortex(conscious part of brain) can override these feelings or push them out of our awareness, but they are nevertheless still there. I can consciously decide that I am attracted to a specific anime girl because of her life experiences and things that are based on more complex reasons, but that is me going against the grain of my biological urges.
Feb 5, 2019 8:37 PM

May 2014
It's not as if anime girls are more attractive than real girls. At least I hope we're all in agreement on that.

The anime girls just share a lot of the features we like about girls. I think it just comes down to the way they're animated like real people
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.
Feb 5, 2019 8:39 PM

Oct 2018
DarkSyndicate said:
It's not as if anime girls are more attractive than real girls. At least I hope we're all in agreement on that.

The anime girls just share a lot of the features we like about girls. I think it just comes down to the way they're animated like real people

You misplaced your hope. People on here actually believe anime girl >real girl
Feb 5, 2019 8:42 PM

May 2014
existentialist said:
ZaBici said:

The particular needs anime girls fill, seem to be, as @DarkestDreaming very nicely pointed out, the need to be accepted or as he said it, the need to not be rejected. Let's take a look at a key feature of anime girls, that everyone seems to omit; From the "it's all about the exaggerated features" to what @HopefulNihilist just barely touched on with his "resting bitch face". The mouth! ----- Surely some big luscious lips would be a great feature, right?

When you're young and parents talk to you the thing you focus on is, the mouth. Because it's moving. It sticks with us until adolescence; or at least I remember it did for me, when interviews underlined the importance of eye contact.
The mouth, in your youth, is the key feature that can bring both happiness but key-ly here, also a lot of shame and repressed feelings. It's the feature that rejected you the first time. It's the feature that mocked you. It's the combined feature of all the girls that looked down on you.

Anime girls are not characterized by physical objects of attraction, or at least, that's not the way to look at it. It's a shape for your psyche's .... can't find a word here, someone help me out? And boobs, ass, shape are all, after all also, your psyche's.... srsly what's the word.

Next case Watson!

L.E. EVOLUTIONARY RESPONSE! It's a shape for your psyche's evolutionary response.

You seem to be doing a lot of armchair Freudian psychologizing. While all you're saying sounds nice, it doesn't have any mechanistic explanations or empirical evidence to support it. Whereas the evolutionary psychological perspectives have loads of evidence suggesting the reasons why we like the female proportions that we do. This has been know for ages in advertising, which is why women are edited to have features which attract sexual interest.

Of course our cortex(conscious part of brain) can override these feelings or push them out of our awareness, but they are nevertheless still there. I can consciously decide that I am attracted to a specific anime girl because of her life experiences and things that are based on more complex reasons, but that is me going against the grain of my biological urges.

but guys.... is it really this deep?
Feb 5, 2019 9:00 PM

Oct 2013
I feel like the more I watch the less I care about whether or not I find an anime character attractive.

Right now I'm watching at least three shows where I don't find a single character attractive. Before I probably would have completely avoided stuff like Mob Psycho.

I think the only time I care now is if I'm watching an ecchi series or something which I rarely do.
Feb 5, 2019 10:24 PM

May 2013
Because they are created by talented artists whose job is to make them as appealing as possible to the audience, especially the male demographic.

Their perfect figure, facial features/proportions and alluring eyes made them very pleasing on the human eyes.

Feb 6, 2019 12:36 AM

Feb 2011
existentialist said:
ZaBici said:

Next case Watson!

Anime girls are not characterized by physical objects of attraction, or at least, that's not the way to look at it.

And boobs, ass, shape are all, after all also, your psyche's evolutionary response

I believe I did touch and agreed on this subject. Meaning, it all stems from our psyche, that's both your need to procreate and your traumas. Neither of which are in your conscious. And your conscious cannot dictate attraction unless you really train it. You can decide in which direction to look but not what you deem attractive.

Fuether on however, "armchair" and asking for evidence on a forum from a dude watching anime is... Well, actually, pretty empirical if you ask me.
Empirical is ultimTely just a bunch of dudes agreeing they are right. Give this some pages, I'm sure we can find some like minded individuals.
Closer.
Feb 6, 2019 12:44 AM

May 2018
Meh. It's just lechery and subconscious animal urge to mate.
Companies make money by triggering plebs to have these animal urges

Feb 6, 2019 1:01 AM

Nov 2011
Because when you draw something, you want to draw a beautiful things, be it womans, landscapes or anything ...
Too bad God's aesthetic values is quite different with most of ours ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Feb 6, 2019 10:02 AM

Jul 2015
DarkSyndicate said:
existentialist said:

Yeah, it is when you just keep asking why. Why do you like females in certain shapes in not others? Saying "I just do" isn't an explanation, nor a reason. If we actually look at the reasonable possibilities for why, this is how deep it goes. Law of infinite regress.
Feb 6, 2019 10:06 AM

Feb 2012
I like the part where they make sense. Also they have some nice looking clothes.
Feb 6, 2019 10:13 AM

Jul 2015
ZaBici said:
existentialist said:

Anime girls are not characterized by physical objects of attraction, or at least, that's not the way to look at it.

And boobs, ass, shape are all, after all also, your psyche's evolutionary response

I believe I did touch and agreed on this subject. Meaning, it all stems from our psyche, that's both your need to procreate and your traumas. Neither of which are in your conscious. And your conscious cannot dictate attraction unless you really train it. You can decide in which direction to look but not what you deem attractive.

Fuether on however, "armchair" and asking for evidence on a forum from a dude watching anime is... Well, actually, pretty empirical if you ask me.
Empirical is ultimTely just a bunch of dudes agreeing they are right. Give this some pages, I'm sure we can find some like minded individuals.

Again you are just making assertions based on what you think.

I don't want to pull an argument from authority here, but I am currently completing my masters in clinical psychology with research specialization in cognitive neuroscience. The theories you are espousing are similar to late psychoanalytic thinking, which has been thoroughly debunked in the academic literature.

I know asking for evidence on here is a little much, but when you make truth claims about the world all I can do is say there are reasons why you are wrong to think that, or to ask for evidence.

But no empiricism and the scientific method are not like that at all. It's merits are (in theory) completely based on how your claims and hypotheses stand up to experimental scrutiny. If anyone disagrees why people think something is right, they have to make a counter-theory or hypothesis and test it. Everything else is conjecture or "armchair" thinking.
Feb 6, 2019 10:33 AM
Jul 2018
All the threads asking why fans get hate.... ^ this ^ all of it. HAHA

Well, certain things are attractive and certain things are not? Thin vs obese, long waving hair vs spike mike, illusions of personality (just like real life). Also just as real life standards of beauty, we've been influenced our entire lives to place value in some stock and not others. That works both ways too. I have trouble watching Kakegururi cause their art styles and facial expressions have been associated with criminal sexual offender type characters. Its a great show, but visually its super creepy.

ALL THIS ASIDE, there is a line. Looking at it as an art media and going, "So in so, is a well designed, attractive, compelling character" is fine.

Going, "OH MER GERSH SHE IS THE BEAUTS I WANNA MARRY HER" will never be okay. NEVER. I try not to yuck someone else's yum but these characters are 2D, and the sum of a group of peoples abilities. Not individuals. Sometimes it really feels like they are, but thats only because I group of men and women did a really good job creating them.

Side note: I do love the title of this post calling them Anime Girls, and not just girls. That's how it should always be, 40 points to snootleboots.
removed-userFeb 6, 2019 10:39 AM
Feb 6, 2019 10:46 AM
Nov 2018
Because real girls are not attracted towards you (i mean us).
Feb 6, 2019 12:14 PM

May 2014
existentialist said:
DarkSyndicate said:

Yeah, it is when you just keep asking why. Why do you like females in certain shapes in not others? Saying "I just do" isn't an explanation, nor a reason. If we actually look at the reasonable possibilities for why, this is how deep it goes. Law of infinite regress.

You're sounding a lot like that one guy Digibro. We're talking about why anime girls look attractive, and somehow we're getting 200 word theories on the functions of the human mind and how it perceives beauty

I think it's just because they're made to look the way hot girls look in real life. Animated characters are made in our image after all
Feb 6, 2019 2:11 PM
Sep 2017
Classy_Cassy said:
HopefulNihilist said:

Wha--cute pouty faces isn't a good thing! Being attracted to an anime girl with a big, round, cute pouty face is like being attracted to a loli: they both resemble little girls.
This isn't what we should be attracted to:

THIS is what we should be attracted to:

Sexy >>>>> Cute
FIGHT ME!!!!
FEMDOM FOR LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE!!!!!!!!!!!

What? No. Being around actual females sucks ass:
1) They have resting bitch face
2) There's the awkward silence
3) They never try to break the awkward silence
4) Only the ugly girls are sociable
5) It's impossible to get them to talk

Trying to talk to a real girl in real life is like trying to interrogate a French guy who doesn't know English, and you don't know French.

You clearly haven’t interacted with enough girls if those are your 5 points.

Trying to talk to a 2D anime girl is like talking to yoursel-... oh wait, that’s exactly what it is.
bro you need to socialize whith real girls not no anime girls.
Feb 6, 2019 4:26 PM

May 2008
DarkSyndicate said:

mhm no i dont agree with you

is every person here a guy and straight
Feb 6, 2019 6:52 PM

Aug 2018
Because we are a sad bunch of lonely bois.
╔════════════════ • • ════════════════╗
Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind
I want to get off, but I keep riding the ride
I never really noticed that I had to decide
To play someone's game, or live my own life
- Get Free, Lana Del Rey

╚════════════════ • • ════════════════╝
Feb 6, 2019 7:01 PM

Jul 2015
DarkSyndicate said:
existentialist said:

You're sounding a lot like that one guy Digibro. We're talking about why anime girls look attractive, and somehow we're getting 200 word theories on the functions of the human mind and how it perceives beauty

I think it's just because they're made to look the way hot girls look in real life. Animated characters are made in our image after all

Yeah I know I can be inappropriately overbearing and analytical but unfortunately this is just how my mind functions.

I agree you are right, but your frame of reference doesn't explain the full picture. If you ask why hot girls look the way they look, then we open a whole new can of worms, because "hotness" is not a property of the universe, it is something that exists in our mind and is thus a mental construct. If we can explain the mental constructs, than we can know why hot girls are attractive to us, and then why anime girls look the way they do and why we find that so attractive.
Feb 6, 2019 7:02 PM

Jul 2013
Power of tits is what kept us going when we were young. Power of cuteness kept us going when we matured a bit. Power of hentai is what keeps us going at the moment. Joking, have no idea.
Feb 6, 2019 7:04 PM
Dec 2018
Because they have all the characteristics that 3D girls don't have....
Feb 6, 2019 7:19 PM

Jun 2016
That's perfectly normal, my dude...
Feb 6, 2019 7:22 PM
Jun 2012
s-s-s said:
Whenever I watch anime, a constantly ask myself why the hell I find these characters attractive.

It's rooted in evolutionary drives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supernormal_stimulus

Don't forget our power of imagination means we are literally communicating someones powerful sexual emotions in the form of a drawing. It's really like a stream of primal consciousness whenever we watch a movie. We're engaged in a pure dream like state where our primal mind gets to be 'god' in a sense and experience impossible things indirectly.
Feb 6, 2019 8:45 PM

Dec 2008
Because anime females aren't real and are therefor subject to the imagination of the viewer.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Feb 6, 2019 9:37 PM

Jun 2015
HopefulNihilist said:
Also, anime girls lack one thing that many, MANY real girls have:
lol that reminds me of that one anime that didnt have any waifu materials. two fo the 3 girls did have that face, and the third was anactual white girl, and she had another too real a problem in the anime, stench.
Feb 6, 2019 11:20 PM

Sep 2017
There are already a lot of answers. I didn't go through all of them, so if by chance my answer is similar, that's a good thing and let's get together and cosplay in anime girl attire! Err...

"Why do we find anime girls attractive???" This is the question, as is, unmodified. Don't you or anyone else DARE editing it.
The truth is that not all anime girls are attractive. Some turn out to be traps. The true trap, however, is that they don't have genders because there is not yet an instance of a fictional being coming out into our perceived reality or us real boys and girls (excluded other genders after being so gender neutral, forgive me; I will bring white balloons to the party and exterminate all the bluish and pinkish ones) jumping into the arms of our waifu(s) or husbando. Why no open parenthesis-letter s-close parenthesis for the latter, you ask?
Only until the 1970s were gals allowed into higher levels of technical rather than tertiary education. What does that have to do with anything?
Now, look here you. Upon close examination. Look closer. No, even closer. You will see that there are three little dots underneath the question marks in the main question that we have been focused on for the entirety of this single reply from a single person. What do these 3 full stops indicate...? AH, A FOUR OF A THEM, A WITH A FOURTH ONE! A 4 MINUS A 1 IS A 3!!!
We can break down the question.
Why do we find anime girls attractive???/?=
Why do we find anime girls attractive??
Why do we find anime girls attractive??/?
=Why do we find anime girls attractive?
Why do we find anime girls attractive?/?
=Why do we find anime girls attractive
Let us substitute "attractive" with +
Why do we find anime girls +
Let us substitute "Why" with y
Using the commutative property of addition, we get:
why do we find anime + girls
let's simplify and remove excess variables
hy do we fin am
rearranging these letters, we are finally left with:
whiny doe fam
Signature
Feb 6, 2019 11:29 PM

Oct 2018
95T said:
Classy_Cassy said:
Why have company with REAL FEMALES when you can watch all you want of 11/10 females.

Because you can’t feel or interact with them

necro_dancer said:
Classy_Cassy said:

im really curios why u say that, i personally think a "real female" isn't really a big deal

I meant it in more of a real female > 2D drawing of female. You just don’t get the interaction and physical contact with a picture.
Feb 6, 2019 11:33 PM

Apr 2017
I mean my guess would be because she looks like a human girl except drawn to be very hot?
Feb 6, 2019 11:33 PM

Oct 2018
Reypablo1998 said:
Classy_Cassy said:

You clearly haven’t interacted with enough girls if those are your 5 points.

Trying to talk to a 2D anime girl is like talking to yoursel-... oh wait, that’s exactly what it is.
bro you need to socialize whith real girls not no anime girls.

Bro why you quoting and telling me this?
Feb 7, 2019 7:44 AM

Mar 2016
Because they are drawn as being perfect and do not have acne and other such things.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Feb 7, 2019 8:47 AM

Jul 2017
they flesh out to me as fictional characters because of their perfectly drawn bodies and their personality + personal backgrounds
the way they dress and their hairstyles matter too
Feb 7, 2019 8:50 AM

Jul 2015
sorry but i dont find them attractive
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 )

ame - Apr 16

140 by DesuMaiden »»
25 seconds ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - 34 minutes ago

9 by Elitar »»
2 minutes ago

» Can Anime Elves Become Overweight ?

tchitchouan - 50 minutes ago

8 by Psyzzy »»
3 minutes ago

» Male anime characters that have the charisma of a Rockstar?

Vargnatt - Apr 15

13 by LoveLikeBlood »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you think girl on girl (yuri / GL / shoujo ai) is hot? ( 1 2 )

Bakchos - Aug 15, 2019

71 by LoveLikeBlood »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.